✔| [1] Into The Nerd Lab

By bubbIytae

[Book 1 of the Martinez Movie Travelers™ series (MMT for short.)] Young 14 year old Valerie Swan Martinez co... More

Dedication
Chapter 1 - Meet Valerie & Lily Martinez
Chapter 2 - T.V Night
Chapter 3- Blackouts And Fires
Chapter 4 - We Are Where?!
Chapter 5 - Meeting The Hamadas
Chapter 6 - Hello San Fransokyo!
Chapter 7 - Confessions
Chapter 8 - Curiouser And Curiouser
Chapter 9 - Marshmellow Man
Chapter 10 - Villain Hunting
Chapter 11 - Wild Goose Chase
Chapter 12 - Ultimate Confession
Chapter 13 - Building And Testing
Chapter 14 - Crazy Realizations
Chapter 15 - Small Problems
Chapter 16 - A Big Problem
Chapter 17 - Boss Level
Chapter 18 - Game Over
Chapter 19 - Comfort
Chapter 21 - Not Gone
Chapter 22 - A New Adventure
Last Author's Note
THANK YOU!

Chapter 20 - A Solution And A Goodbye

69 5 3
By bubbIytae

I lay on the couch with Mochi on my lap as we both watch a random show on TV. Well, Mochi is sleeping and I'm more focused on this seed that I found two days ago.

The sunlight reflects it's white shell beautifully and it's very smooth.

I feel as if I've seen it before but where?

I start to rack my brain for where I've seen it but I find nothing. I groan, wondering why my mind can't find the information. I'm usually good at this.

As I'm trying to figure out where I've seen the bean, Mochi wakes up and stares at the bean in my hand. He starts to play with it by playfully pawing at it.

"No Mochi. This isn't for you." I say, gently pushing him away from my hand.

As I do so, his claws scratch the bean and sparks fly. I gasp and sit up as the sparks land on my shirt. Mochi hisses and scrambles off my lap and scurries to the brothers' room.

The sparks swirl around me and I'm suddenly lifted up into the air, a small portal in the ceiling.

Wait, a small portal?

I mentally cheer at the fact that I found a seed for a portal but I facepalm at the fact that I don't know how to use it. 

My leg goes into the portal and I'm suddenly stuck. I huff and try to pull myself out but it's no use. I would call for Hiro or Tadashi but they're out with the gang. I call for Cass.

She quickly walks up to the living room and calls my name, looking around for me.

"Up here!" 

Cass looks up and her eyes widen in terror, "What happened?" 

"Call Tadashi or Hiro. Tell them to bring the gang. I think found a way back home." 

She nods, "But how do I get you down?"

I shrug, my brown hair falling in my face, "Try with a broom."

Cass chuckles, her phone at her ear, "Like a cat?"

"Yup."

********

I rub my leg as Baymax attends to it. I watch as Honey Lemon plays around with the bean I found, her squeals can be heard throughout the garage.

"Try to move it around."

I do so, grimacing at the slight pain.

"Keep doing that. It will restore the blood flow back to your leg." The cuddly robot tells me as he lifts me up on my feet.

I nod and Baymax helps me over to Honey Lemon and the gang.

"What's up with the bean?" I ask, siting between Fred and Tadashi.

"It's so odd. When I break a piece of it off, a small portal is created."

I nod, "Then stop breaking it. I need to crush it to create a big enough portal to get home..... Would that work?"

She nods, "It should. All the tests I've done confirm that."

I smile, "So that's it. I'm going home."

"Yup." She nods and hands me the bean, "Let's go to the center of the garage and use it. That way nothing else gets sucked in with you."

I nod and follow her with a spring in my step. As I'm walking, I look around the garage. I feel as if I'm going to miss this place. I then suddenly remember my hair and how it's almost animated. If this never happened, I would be stuck here forever. 

But would it be that bad?

Shaking those thoughts aside, I turn to them, keeping my distance to make sure they don't get hurt, "So, this is it huh?"

Hiro nods, "It is."

I sway back and forth, my eyes looking at everything but them, "So...how does this work? I'm not used to this whole....goodbye thing."

Tadashi smiles softly, "Well, you just say goodbye to us and say a few things before you leave."

"Oh....Well, um, goodbye to all of you. I'm happy to call you all friends. You all have been so kind to me and L-Lily...It's more than we could ask for. Goodbye especially to the Hamadas for taking me in and helping me with...everything. You two have shown me more kindness that anyone has in my life...Well, minus the gang but you get the point. Thanks." I take a deep breath, fiddling with my ring, its blue gem shining in the light, "And...if Lily were here, she'd give you all a hug but I'm here. And I won't do that because that's really out of character..... And say goodbye to Cass and Mochi, will ya? They've done so much. And umm... That's it."

Fred immediately squishes me into a hug, Baymax following suite. I gasp, taken aback by the sudden hug.

"Please don't goooo~!" Fred whines, hugging me tightly.

I try to pry out of the hug but Baymax is behind me. I look at Tadashi for help and he chuckles at my silent plead.

"Come on Fred, Baymax. Let the poor girl go. She needs to go back home." He says, pulling Fred and Baymax away from me.

"But Valerie staying would improve everyone's neurotransmitters."

I sigh, "But I have to go. You know that, don't you Baymax?"

"Yes." 

"Then let's go."

Without any hesitation, I crush the bean under my foot, using all my frustration to help me. I crush it until it's nothing but dust. The dust surrounds me like before and a huge portal opens up. I take a peak inside. It's dark inside and it looks endless. I gulp at the thought of not being able to get home.

"Well," I start to say, my eyes staring at the portal, "This is it."

"I guess so." I hear Gogo say and I nod.

I take a deep breath, feeling a surge of confidence in me. I have to get home. I just have to.

Without looking back, I step inside, not knowing what will happen next.
_____________________________________

💜 UPDATE (01/09/17) 💜

How's everyone doing during the first week of 2017? Everything going well?

I hope so. ❤

Now, I'm happy to say that there's only two more chapters left!

YAY.

I'm super excited to finally finish this book and go work on Book two!! WOOOO!

So, why don't we stop all this talking and go right into it?

LET'S GOOOOO!

- DisnerdFangirl 😺💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.5K 26
Y/n was a 14 year-old prodigy who lived a happy life with her parents, aiming to get to her dream college, SFIT, also known as the San Fransokyo Inst...
880 79 29
[Book 2 Of The Martinez Movie Travelers™ (MMT for short.) ] Valerie and Lily Martinez thought that their adventure was over but boy were they wrong...
730K 20K 200
Big Hero 6 is inviting you for an all new adventure! Join Hiro, Tadashi, Baymax, Honey Lemon, GoGo, Wasabi Fred and many others as they journey throu...
23.3K 759 16
Tadahoney [COMPLETED] Honey Lemon got into one of the most prestigious technology schools in the world; the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology...