The First Merman.

By Maroon1479

{Second Book In The Coasts Sirenas Series} Two weeks before Raphael turns into a full fledged first merman in... More

{I} The First Merman.
{II} Pearl Comb.
{III} Good Aim.
{IV} I Choose You.
{V} A Mermaid Kiss.
{VI} Mermaid Mate.
{VII} Twilight.
{VIII} Red Scales and Possessiveness.
{IX} S'mores.
{X} Seashell Scar.
{XI} Journey To The Arctic.
{XII.} Snake Form.
{XIII.} Lovers In The Ice Cave.
{XIV.} Elixir.
{XV} Jeans.
{XVII.} Gunshot Graze.
{XVIII.} Festival Gone Bad.
{XIX.} Bravery.
{XX.} Metallic Silver.
{XXI.} Sharp Crystal.
{XXII.} Return.
{End.} Full Moon.

{XVI.} Fish Tank Situation.

1.4K 68 1
By Maroon1479

The girls looked around the glass ceiling of the mall as they walked in. Kyoko and Tavia twirled as they stared up at the ceiling amazed since the glass was watercolor. Alia and Hasina mouth both formed a small 'o' shape as they walked looked at the stores. Ninda crossed her arms over her chest, staring at the people before looking at large store picture. She soon dropped her arms, flipping her spiral curly hair before she puting her hand on her waist and walked awkwardly.

Vanessa smiled, moving her hands, "You're trying to hard." she said, wrapping her arm around Ninda. "Just casual, you won't look different. No one walks a certain way."

"Kyoko, Tavia you be careful!" Adalyn told the girls who jumped up onto the ledge of a fountain. Vanessa frowned, biting the inside of her cheeks as Alia and Hasina followed them. They twirled on the fountain ledged with grace though like ballet dancers in an enchanting way that got attention to the nearby people.

The girls giggled as they danced, the laughing soft and enchanting sounding that it made even Vanessa stare a little. She was sure everyone was wondering who these girls were, dancing like angels on the fountain. For having a tail, they sure knew how to stand on their tip toes.

Vanessa noticed people gathering around the fountain staring. The looks weren't 'who are these weirdos dancing on the fountain' but with admiration and wonder and Vanessa panicked. She let go of Ninda arm and ran over, grabbing Tavia hand since she was closes, "Get down all of you!" she said. They stopped, staring at her confused. "I know what you guys are doing! Stop it right now. You can use your enhancement glamour on them. You're suppose to be blending in."

Alia giggled as she shrugged, "We're just having fun, Queen Vanessa."

Kyoko brought her arms above her head and twirled once, "Yes. You should join us, they love it."

"Because you're making them." she said.

Hasina ran her long nails across a guy face that was close to her before her pointer finger pressed under his chin to tilt his head back, "This is what we were made to do. Enchant them. We are Sirens."

She pulled Tavia down and moved Hasina hand away, "Enough. You all are on land now and you do as I say. Down, now." she said.

The girls did as she said with grumpy faces. They lowered their heads as they all walked away. The people woke up from the glamour confused but soon carried on their own business.

Vanessa felt awkward as she leaded the way and sighed heavily, "Girl look, I'm sorry. I hadn't mean to be cold but it's dangerous to do these things in public. I'm sure the cameras caught you guys but hopefully it doesn't look so strange."

"Cameras?" Tavia questioned.

"I'll tell you later." she said. "But anyways, it's dangerous if you girls get in trouble."

"Like chopping our heads off?" Alia asked, making Vanessa eyes widen. "Vikings tried to do that in my village until I ran away. When I made to towards the sea, that's where I was found by Ileisha."

"Well no, not that dangerous." she said. "But still dangerous to our secret. I think I should set up some rules. No using the enchantment glamour anymore."

"What." Kyoko said as they stopped. Vanessa turned to them, seeing all four girls suprised. "No glamour?"

"We need to use it to survive, it why we have the ability to do it." Hasina said.

"Well it's dangerous." Vanessa said, pushing her blonde hair behind her ears. "Also, I want you all to leave the humans alone. I let you come because it meant you leave the arctic and help me figure out how to get the Elixir."

Alia eyes got cold, "We also followed you to be our queen. We are Mermaids." she coldly said.

Vanessa raised her chin, "We are. And I am your queen so listen to me." she said, her eyes looking at Adalyn next to her and she nodded. She looked back at the girls, "Do as I say or go back to the Arctic. I don't need trouble makers." she said before turning away.

*

Raphael and James meet them at the large fishing area where the girls watched the fish swimming around in a large glass case. Vanessa hugged Raphael, feeling a little relieved since she felt stressed.

"I have to tell you something." he said. She pulled away from the hug, looking at him confused. "Queen Severina came to me last night." he said, making her eyes get big. "She knows we're planning something but she isn't sure what it is." He looked at the girls before taking her hand and pulled them away. They went over behind a rack of camouflage jackets , "I don't think we should do this."

Her eyebrows came together, "Raphael, we're doing this to help James. He'll die if we don't--"

"He should have told us he was sick then." he said. "Or just stayed away at all. He got himself into this mess, we didn't do anything."

She scoffed, "Raphael, stop being like this. There's nothing going on between--"

"It's not that." he said quickly. "We both know how strong Queen Severina is. I'm sorry Nessie but she's stronger than you and I won't lose you because of him."

She frowned up at up but knew he was right. Queen Severina was stronger than her and she knew challenging her for her most prized possession was dangerous.

"If he wants it badly, make him go get it. He needs it so he should go try and find it." he said.

She pulled away, "He won't have much time after he turns to learn how to use his powers. Raphael, I know it concerns you but the girls and you are going to go with me. I'll try my very best to make sure I fight as hard as I can." She brought her hands up to his neck, "I know Queen Severina stronger, scarier but she caused this mess herself. She should have knew someday her mermaids will go against her."

"Imagine what happened to the ones that did already and didn't get to make it to the Arctic." he said. "We stop aging but we're not indestructible, remember that Vanessa."

She stared up at him before resting her head on his chest. His arms went around her, holding her tightly in his arms.

"Hey, what are you girls doing up there?" Vanessa heard a man say. Confused, she pulled away and ran over towards the girls. She found them climbing onto a large rock with buckets in her hands trying to steal the fish from the tank and security trying to get them off. Vanessa groaned as she ran over as a security guard waved at them, "Put them back in and get down ladies."

Tavia huffed heavily as she looked away and Hasina hissed, "Are you the ones holding these poor fish in this glass case for your pleasure to watch them? Their not side show entertainment."

The five security guards looked at each confused and Vanessa sighed heavily, "Girls, do as they say and get down! Put them back first!"

Kyoko shook her head, "We don't listen to them."

"Okay well I say put them back and get down." she said.

"Ladies, just do as we say and you won't get in trouble." another one said.

Vaness ran her fingers across her hair in frustration, "Their not in there for side show entertainment. People like fish, think their beautiful."

"They want to be in the oceans, that's where their homes are." Ninda said.

"Queen Severina would do this." Alia said.

Vanessa wanted to slap herself with impatience, "I'm not her! Look, get down now."

The security guard finally lost their patience when people gathered to watch what was happening. This time not in wonder and awe but curiosity and some even pulled out their phones to records.

The guards grabbed the girls and the girls faught. It was a whole big mess and she Tavia accidentally dropped a bucket full of water. James quickly stepped back before the water could touch him and Adalyn brought her hands up around her neck as she bit her bottom lip in concern as the security guards dragged the fighting girls away.

*

When Vanessa walked into the security room of the mall the five girls sitting in plastic chair quickly sat up from the chairs. They looked away with the look of shame of their faces.

"Hey young lady," the security gaurd said as he stood up from his desk. "You can't just rush into here like that."

Vanessa cold eyes glared at him as she turned her own enchantment glamour and his green eyes went blank, "Nothing happened today but a small misunderstandings. Erased the last half hour of what happened and say the camera had some malfunction. If anyone ask, it was taken care of and the girls went home. Understand?"

He nodded.

"Good. Walk us out now looking casual and tell your friends you took care of it." she said. She looked at the girls, "Lets go." she said. The girls quickly stood up and Vanessa leaded the way out of the small hallway where the other gaurds were facing the wall like zombies until the door closed behind them leading them out into the mall.

"Okay ladies, next time behave and don't cause a commotion again." the guard said.

Vanessa smiled at him, "We will. Now go back to the office and get back to work." she said. He nodded and went back threw the door. Vanessa smile quickly dropped as she turned to face the girls and they smiled at her. "Drop the innocent looks." she said as she walked past them. They followed as the walk out the mall and the boys were waiting against the wall of the mall in complete silence.

Adalyn walked over, "That was completely dangerous."

Hasina glared at her, "We don't have to listen to an ex-mermaid."

Alia crossed her arms, "Yes. We were only doing what's right."

"Stop it." Vanessa said as she faced all five girls. "I said do nothing that'll get you in trouble and what do you guys do? Do something to get us in trouble?"

Kyoko frowned, "We were only doing what was right."

Ninda sighed, "Queen Vanessa, please we all discussed this while we were in that white room. We realized that what we did--how we did it was the wrong way. We should have listened to you and we feel bad. We are your followers, we want you to forgive us. We are loyal to you, forgive us."

The girls nodded as they sincerely looked at Vanessa and she tried so hard to hold her foot down but she couldn't help it. "Okay, I do." she said. She held her arms out and they smiled as they hugged her. "You girls need to understand the world is so much more different than it us to be. The risk of our secret is much more in danger. So many ways we could get caught."

"We know." Tavia said all they all pulled away "We're all just use to ocean life. We're like those fish in the tank-- away from home. It's where we all belong, Queen Vanessa."

Vanessa frowned, knowing that was true. These girls had spent hundreds of years in the water where Vanessa was still getting use to it. Of course it would be hard for to adjust to quickly.

"Come on, there's other places to look for outfits for the festival." she said.

*

Vanessa sighed as she watched the girl race towards the waters. James walked over with his hands in his pockets, looking back at her and Raphael once at the boardwalk.

Vanessa turned to Raphael, "Their like children lost in some strange new country."

"It's probably how they feel." he said. She reached out and touched the strain of hair that fell from her ponytail and brushed it behind her ear, "I have to get to work. Please be careful while swimming out there."

She smiled to try and reassure him, "I will. I promise, my powers gotten very better."

He nodded, pecking her on the lips, "I'll see you tomorrow at the festival."

She nodded, "Yeah. I love you."

He smiled,"I love you too, Nessie."

He kissed her one more time before he turned and walked down the boardwalk. She smiled as she watched him for a moment, happy Raphael has been a little better controlling his temper.

She soon turned and walked off the boardwalk. She made her way down to the water were the girls were a few feet out playing in the waves. Adalyn laid on the wet sand in her beautiful emerald green bikini and the sun tanning her already tan skin. James was sitting in the bank of the water. His feet were already flipper like, red gold-tinted scales going up his legs and arms. His abdominal area had scales fading up to his chest with scales on his sides.

"It hasn't been so bad." he said. "Their not scary, the more I look at myself."

Vanessa sat down next to him, the water making her blue gold tail appear. "Yeah, I got use to them after awhile also. And Raphael, he has that nice all gold color. How do you feel?"

He shrugged, "Fine, actually. I feel healthly as ever but I guess it's just some trick."

She frowned, "You're not gonna die, James. I'm not gonna let that happen."

He forced a smile as he looked at her but those blue eyes gave away how sad he appeared, "Thanks, Vanessa. But what happens even after the Elixir? I'll still be sick."

"You have a better chance though as a human." she said. "You'll go back home, see the doctor, and get better again."

"This is so dangerous though." he said. "Queen Severina--she'll be so pissed after we take it. You think she's not gonna cause dangerous stuff to happen after we take it? The whole world might be at her mercy."

Vanessa shook her head, "James, stop it. This Elixir gonna be what saves you. You'll be human again and she won't have any use for you. I'll handle Severina after."

Her stared at her for a moment, "An ancient mermaid. You read those old Greek Mythology stories in school. I'm more than sure she's Poseidon in those stories and she can do some serious damage. Maybe--maybe you should just forget about going after her and the Elixir."

"Well now I'm a queen." she said, suprising herself at her confidence. "And her rival. My powers matches hers, she just seems to know how to use them better. Her giving me this gift only meant I could have the strength to beat her. I'll handle Severina when the times comes."

She looked down at the seashell scar on her hand for a moment and looked at his open palm where his was. She frowned, closing her palm. She still can't believe Queen Severina did that. She couldn't believe she had the strength to do that. So many things she still needs to learn. Ninda was allot of help but only truly Queen Severina knew how to use all the powers but she wanted Vanessa head on her trident she's sure.

"Lets go for a swim." she said. He looked at her confused and she shrugged, "You haven't even gone out into the water, not open water. It's an experience every merfolk should feel at least once. Adalyn took me allot, I took Raphael, and now it's yours."

He huffed heavily out his nose, "Vanessa, Queen Severina girls are out there remember?"

"But can any of them cause a storm? Form random things in the water? And my girls will be with us? Might be best." she said, chuckling. "I tend to get lost in the ocean, don't know my directions yet."

*

Vanessa smiled as she looked around the water. The girls were swimming around, playing with dolphin and some took interest in James. She felt bad for having to leave Adalyn back but she decided to go home.

James was a little clumsy at first in the water but he soon picked up what he had to do. The girls were happy to be back in the water, where things were more familiar. Queen Severina girls were around she was sure of but they were smart to keep their distance wherever they were.

Vanessa played with Ninda, twirling around the water. They explored around the ocean, looking in at abandon ship wrecks in the Pacific part of Mexico. They stayed clear of where a bunch of sharks were and played with allot of fish. Vanessa remembered what was the best part of being a mermaids. Feeling like the fish were friends and you never felt alone with them. The ocean felt so peaceful, feeling comfort and safe in it.

When the sun started to set, they made their way back to Coasta Sirenas. Kyoko and Hasina messed around with each other as they swam and soon all off them started to tag each other. It was so strange for Vanessa because all the mermaids she met seemed to be cold and not seem to want to have this much fun. They seemed like their main goal was to old be fishermen killers and save fish. She didn't get to hang around them enough to realize their like family. She didn't get to see this part before.

James was the slowest since he didn't have a tail. The girls had raced forwards and Vanessa only noticed when she turned her head around to see James was yards away. She waved at the girls to go away, knowing her way back for sure now since they were close. Only about three miles away.

She swam over to Jame, making sure to take his other hand that the scar wasn't on. He pointed for them to go above the water and they did.

When they got to the top, he took a deep breathe, "My waist is starting to hurt." he said, his face srunching in pain a little.

She frowned, "Are you gonna be okay?"

He nodded, "Yeah give me a few moments. Gah, I'm sure this is what you girls cramp feel like."

Vanessa reached towards his waist where his hand was putting pressure on the pain. "Here." she said, placing her hand ontop of his. "Make the water swirl around, it'll feel like a massager." she moved his hand in a small circle. A small little water wave twirled in a circle and the pain look on his face soon dropped. She moved her hand away, "Better?"

"Yeah." he said. "Jeez, I wish I could have done that when it began. The pain was worse." He stared at her a moment and a lump formed in Vanessa throat. He reached up, touching her wet hair. She jerked slightly, feeling nervous for a second. She prayed the next thing he was gonna do was not kiss her. She wanted to pull away, ask what the hell did he think he was doing but she didn't want to accuse and look dumb.

Her heart sped up as she seen him leaned towards her. Her lips fold inwards as she held her breath, hoping that'll be his hint to stop but he only got closer. When he was an inch away, she turned her head aside and his lips crashed into her cheek. She breathed out heavily, sounding almost like a cry. She stared at the water eye wide, shocked James was trying to kiss her! No! This was wrong, so very wrong. Yes James is nice and handsome but she doesn't see him like she see Raphael. Ever since the first day she ever seen him, her heart lit up at the site of him and it still does. She'll always be loyal to Raphael.

She placed her hands on James chest and pushed him away, "I'm sorry." she whispered.

He was quiet for a moment as he stared at her, "No, I'm sorry. That was a mistake of me. I can't help it though, I been attracted to you since the moment I met you--"

"Stop it." she said. He stared at her with those sad blue eyes for a moment before looking up at him, "It can't ever happen, James. Soon, we'll be worlds apart again. We should head back, it's getting closer towards dark and the girls will get worried."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
42K 2.5K 22
๐๐จ๐จ๐ค # ๐Ÿ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐š๐š๐ณ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ. Love or betrayal? Consumption of betrayals. Internal betrayal? Yes! Will they be overcome? Or W...
2.3K 194 9
Mafia แ€‚แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ปแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€›แ€ฒแ€ทแ€žแ€ฌแ€ธแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ปแ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฌแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏ แ€›แ€กแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€šแ€ฐแ€แ€แ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€•แ€แ€บแ€†แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€Ÿแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ‹ แ€™แ€ญแ€˜แ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€†แ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€žแ€ฝแ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€ฌแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€ท แ€กแ€’แ€ฑแ€ซแ€บแ€”แ€ฒแ€ท แ€›แ€šแ€บ แ€Šแ€ฎแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€›แ€šแ€บแ€”แ€ฒแ€ท แ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€แ€ฐแ€แ€ฐแ€”แ€ฑแ€›แ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€’แ€ฑแ€ซ...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...