Life In Seconds | Daryl Dixio...

By rainylust

Bri Anderson has survived the zombie apocalypse for 3 years. She is about to own up to things on her own life... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 2

685 7 0
By rainylust

Bri's P.O.V.

I soon wake up to the sunshine glaring through the blinds. I roll over and see Daryl out like a light. I was impatiently anxious to wake him up, but he looked so comfortable. I got up and look out the windows to make sure no walkers were out. I silently walk out of the RV. I took Daryl crossbow he wouldn't mind. Also I have my crossbow just in case something happens. I start to leave a trail of sticks so I can find my way back. I spot a horse in the distance. I aim carefully and shoot.

"Awesome! A direct hit!" I say excitedly.

I sprint to the other side of the field. I look around just to make sure I don't get eaten alive. I grip my knife and split the horse open. I carefully skin and cut the meat out. I run to the last twigs I placed down. Slowly carrying raw meat. I stumble upon the creek and fill up both of our canteens. I quietly make an entrance back into the RV. I look near the trunk and he's still asleep. I gently shake his resting body. His eyes flutter and he sighs.

"I caught lunch + dinner! I just came back. I caught horse!" I say.

"Nice job!" He says.

He slowy gets out of bed.

"I haven't slept like that in the longest time." He says.

"I haven't slept like that either!" I said.

"We need to go meet up with Carl and Michonne." He says.

"Sure anything. As long as we can make it back in time." I said.

He shook his head. We walked out of the RV and started towards the bushes the crew came through the first time I met him.
We sliced leafs and branches in our way. Right outside of the woods is a open neighborhood.

I scan the area and see Daryl aiming at a walker. We walk towards the main entrance of the neighborhood.

"Do you know where they are?" I ask.

"Yeah, right up here." He says pointing to a house.

This didn't look safe at all. I was walking over a bunch of different dead corpses. I cringed seeing white eyes. We knock on the door, and Carl had a gun right at me. Daryl and I put our hands up.

"Sorry guys, gotta be on guard." Carl says.

Deryl walks in and makes himself comfortable. I walk in with Carl shutting the door behind me.

"Where's Michonne?" I ask Carl.

"She's upstairs." He says nodding towards the stairs.

I figured I need a girl on girl talk. I had always been with boys.
I run upstairs and see Michonne sitting on the ground. The creaks in the floor was awful.

" Michonne is everything okay?" I ask sitting on the ground.

"Yeah. Just tired of moans and growls from the walkers. I just killed my family." She says disappointed.

"Tell me about it. I need to talk to you awpbout something." I say.

"What is it?" She asks questionably.

"It's about Carl. I know this isn't nessisarly important but, does Carl have a crush on me? Yesterday Daryl pointed it out." I say bitting my lip.

"Yes. I wasn't supposed to say anything. I have never seen him so attracted to a girl." She says smiling.

Carl and Daryl come up the screeching stairs.

"Wow, thanks for like five seconds to talk." I say sarcastically.

"Sorry, sunshine we don't have much time anymore." Daryl snaps back.

I roll my eyes and smile. I get up and walk towards the window. I open it and carefully and sit on the ledge. I grab the top part and climb to the roof.

"What the hell do think you're doing?" Daryl says walking to the window.

"Getting out of here." I say smirking.

"Come on guys." He says to Carl and Michonne.

They line up behind him ready to leave this weak house. Daryl gets up with no trouble. Suprise, suprise. Carl and Michonne follow behind.

"Why did you want to come to the roof?" Carl asks.

"I don't know, to do this." I say jumping off the roof.

I plummet to the hard dirt ground but still on my feet. The roof was at least, 15 feet.

"Coming?" I ask Daryl, Carl and Michonne.

"Are you crazy?" Daryl says giving me a glare.

I shrugged my shoulders and started to walk away. I would look back occasionally at times. I looked back and seen Carl jump down. Again, Suprise, suprise. He quickly caught up to my pace.

"I can't let you go alone." Carl says putting his and on my shoulder.

"Thanks," I say and look at Daryl raising my eyebrow.

"She's a catch, I like her." Michonne says to Deryl, then jumping down.

I cross my arms with Carl and Michonne by my side and carefully stare at Deryl. He still gives me a glare. The usual. He rolls his eyes and jumps down.

"You're lucky I like you kid." Daryl says.

I smirk and turn around to lead them back to the woods.

"Can we part ways? Daryl, go with Michonne and I'll go with Bri." Carl insists.

Deryl snickers knowing his game. Michonne smiles and laughs a little.

"That sounds like a great idea." I say, gripping the straps of my back pack while smiling at Michonne and Deryl.

"Suit yourself. See you in a bit." Daryl says winking and walking away.

I turn around and see how lovestuck Carl was. It wasn't that much of an age gap between us. Same with Deryl and I.

"Ready?" I ask Carl, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah! More than ready." He says.

I start scrambling through the woods. Trying to find a plot of new land.

"Come on this way." I say pointing at the tree. I start to climb up the tree fast and sit on a thick branch. Carl quickly catchs up with me.

"Your insane. I love it so free, and you don't care." Carl says looking straight into my eyes.

"Thanks. I guess that's just me. I have lost a lot so I'm ready to fight." I say proud and strong.

"I just love your confidence." He replies.

"Your sweet. So, I wanna get to know more about you." I say.

"What do you want to know?" He asks so, into it.

"I'm not sure, who's Carl? Tell me about, family becoming awesome during an a Zombie Apocalypse." I say.

"Well, at first I was convinced that my own father was dead yeah, my family is kinda a blur now, and I was very shy and closed off.
The awesomeness comes naturally" he says laughing.

I laugh along with him. It's hard to find that sense of humor now a days. I'm stuck with emotionless Daryl.

"That's cool. I know it must of been hard dealing with walkers when your so young." I ask.

"That's the thing. I'm not nessisarly a kid anymore. I know how to fight but, I still get protected by Daryl and stuff." He says.

"I imagine. If I were in his position I would protect you like you were gold." I say winking.

"Yeah me too. I'm just sick of always being so scared on the inside this could be my death, that bullet saved my life."

"Look, I hate to bring this up since your the most awesome teen I met, but I couldn't help but notice you like me." I say smiling.

"Was it that obvious? But, I'm not gonna deny it. To me you were everything I was looking for."

"Yeah a little obvious, and that's totally okay. I like how you're not gonna lie. It's cool. I'm flattered really but, I don't know." I say looking down.

"I thought you would hate me forever. I'm relieved you took it good. I want one thing to be accomplished you know, I don't know how long I will survive so I want one thing done if your up for it.

"What is it?" I ask.

"My first kiss." He says quietly.

"Okay, you want a kiss from me? A kiss or like makeout?" I ask laughing.

"Makeout." He says shyly and blushing.

"Okay, come here." I say leaning in taking no regrets.

I figured that he made a point. We don't know how long were gonna live so might as well kiss.

He leans in closing his eyes. I do the same. Our lips connect and lock. It was passionate for him so he could enjoy it. We pull away after a while.

"Better?" I ask.

"Better." He says smiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 2.8K 38
After losing her daughter to Negan, Angel Dixon turns to the love of her life, Carl Grimes, to help win her back. But will their oppression last? Or...
545K 11.5K 31
"and then she does the simplest thing in the world. she leans over and kisses him. and the sky cracks open." || the walking dead | season1-8| daryl d...
256K 6.1K 38
Kaitlyn went on holiday with her mum and sister. How was she supposed to know that it would be the last time she'd see everyone else she loved? She'...
1.1M 28.8K 121
"You lose everyone, that's just the way it is now. Get used to it." The new world, where blood and dirt stained your body like it was your favourite...