HE IS IN LOVE with his ex

Od JanakiS01

What if you are married to a man who is still in love with his ex girlfriend and doesn't want you in his life... Viac

Prologue
CHAPTER 1 - Pissing him off
CHAPTER 2 - Newly Married
CHAPTER 3 - A New Beginning
CHAPTER 4 - A Good Wife
CHAPTER 5 - Honeymoon?
CHAPTER 6 - Stranded (I)
CHAPTER 7 - Stranded (II)
CHAPTER 8 - Not wanted
CHAPTER 9 - A Forgotten Birthday
CHAPTER 10 - The Departed
CHAPTER 11 - Search Mission
CHAPTER 12 - Apologizing
CHAPTER 13 - The Unexpected
CHAPTER 14 - Standing up for her
CHAPTER 15 - Hemanth
CHAPTER 16 - Love is tough
CHAPTER 17 - He can be happy
CHAPTER 18 - Cars have walls
CHAPTER 19 - Not for him
CHAPTER 20 - A Secret
CHAPTER 21 - Realizations
CHAPTER 22 - Disappointment
CHAPTER 23 - A MESS
CHAPTER 24 - Mistakes
CHAPTER 25 - New Story
CHAPTER 26 - Go Goa... Gone
CHAPTER 27 - The Challenge
CHAPTER 28 - The Beach
CHAPTER 29 - Journey II home
CHAPTER 30 - First Love
CHAPTER 31 - Goodbye
CHAPTER 32 - A double C
CHAPTER 33 - The Aftermath
CHAPTER 34 - Life is beautiful
CHAPTER 36 - Revelations
CHAPTER 37 - Snow World
CHAPTER 38 - The Best of Me
CHAPTER 39 - Fake arguments
CHAPTER 40 - Romances and Humiliations
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Epilogue
A FAVOUR
JUST...

CHAPTER 35 - A quiet Sunday

66.3K 2.3K 273
Od JanakiS01

Though Karthik was free the next day, he didn't want to go to his parents' house after a working Saturday. It was a long time since he went to see them; yet, he wanted to stay back.

When he was married, he kept his distance from his mom as he was angry at her for blackmailing him and also because he worked on Saturdays and didn't have time. After that, he didn't go as he wanted to be with his wife during weekends. In all these months, he visited only a couple of times; alone, when he was early from work. Maybe next week, he can go with Sindhu.

It surprised him, how so much changed in him after he acknowledged his feelings for her. His life changed, upside down which made him realize that he was meant to be with her.

When Sindhu went to bath, he crept out of the house to buy chicken, planning to cook for her. It's not much, but she would be delighted.

He was surprised to see her in the dining waiting for him, when he was back.

"Where did you go?" She asked him, in worry. She was puzzled to see the house empty when she came back from bath and tried calling him but found his mobile in their room.

"I went to buy this" He replied with a smile, showing the packet of chicken to her.

She sighed "You could've told me"

He shrugged "Sorry"

"Alright. Let's have breakfast" She said, giving him a small smile.

He pulled out a chair and started eating when Sindhu asked him "How's Ravi?"

"He is fine; talks a lot about you"

"Really? What does he say?"

Karthik smiled hearing the word 'Really' which she didn't notice having said it as he replied "Just the usual stuff. He praises you a lot though"

"Why don't you bring him one day? Is he married?"

"Yes, he is" He frowned thinking about his best friend's behavior every time they discussed Sindhu.

"What happened?" Sindhu questioned, observing the sudden change in his demeanor.

"I don't know. I think something's not right in his life"

"Oh. Haven't you asked him what happened?"

"No. That's none of my business" he said casually.

"What? Are you serious? He is your best friend"

He sighed, looking sad "I know. But, it's his personal life"

"So what? As long as he is your friend, everything that concerns him should concern you too"

"You think I should talk to him? But, isn't that like interfering in his life?" he asked slowly, looking doubtful.

"He is a part of your life, isn't he?" when Karthik slowly nodded, she added "Then, his life and problems are a part of yours too"

Seeing him still looking doubtful, she took his hand into hers and explained patiently "Karthik. That's what friends are for. To be able to help and support, to talk about everything that can't be discussed with parents, siblings or even spouses"

"You think I can help him? With whatever he is facing?" he asked softly.

She smiled "We can help him."

He smiled too, hearing her answer and decided to talk to his best friend about his married life. It might be a first but he wanted to see him happy.

"I think he has problems with his wife" Karthik blurted out.

"Apparently, every man on this planet has that" Sindhu murmured under her breath.

"I don't" he blurted out, feeling the need to contradict her statement.

She chuckled "Yes, for now."

"We faced so much together. I don't think there's anything strong enough to separate us now or in the future"

"True"

After a few seconds of silence, she slowly asked "So, what is your plan?"

He looked at her "Nothing, as of now. But, we might have a project success party next week based on the result of the final deployment, this Thursday. Hopefully, he will be there with his wife"

"Which means we have plenty of time to plan something"

"Yes" He nodded with a smile "So, what shall we do?"

"Leave it to me. I will take care of it"

"You don't want my help?" He asked, sulking a bit.

She laughed at his reaction "Not for this one"

"Fine. Let's make biryani for which I need your help" He said, winking at her.

"I will happily savor once you are done with it"

"No, you need to help me cook it" He said firmly. I am not going to miss that time with you.

"Trust me, you wouldn't want me to be with you when you are cooking chicken" she replied with a naughty glint in her eyes.

"You are coming" he strutted into the kitchen, making her follow him.

Once he started cooking, he realized he should've listened to her advice and did it alone. She didn't stop talking, ever since she stepped foot in the kitchen and kept asking every stupid question possible just to irritate him.

Why are you cooking chicken separately?

Is that much ginger-garlic paste enough? You know ginger and garlic are good for health. They help----

That is too much of masala. Don't you know------

Why did you lower the flame just before adding this? Is there some physics or chemistry behind it?

Are you going to add salt separately for both-----

"Pleeeaaaaaaaseeeeeeee" He whined, unable to bear her chatter any longer.

"Do you want me to go?" she questioned with a pout.

He groaned, unable to decide what to say. She smiled, understanding his inner struggle and hugged him from behind.

"Is this fine?" she said softly, placing her head on his shoulder while standing on her tiptoes.

Karthik didn't know what was worse. Her mindless chatter or the front of her body pressed against his back. His body stiffened when she wrapped her arms around his stomach and the spatula in his hand almost slipped.

"You are supposed to be stirring" she reminded, looking from his shoulder.

"Y-yeah.. Su---Sure" he replied, coming out of his senses as he tried to concentrate on the chicken and not on the familiar sensations in his body.

When he felt her warm breath near his neck, he finally lost it and said in the softest tone he could muster, "Can you please step away a bit?"

She did as told and looked at him in confusion, all the playfulness gone "What did I do?"

"Make yourself comfortable on the kitchen counter" He said calmly. That's the right place to keep an eye on her; just an arm's length, yet far enough.

She did as told and looked at the contents of the stove, lost in her thoughts.

"It's not you" His words broke her reverie and she looked at him "What?"

Seeing her hurt broke him and he slowly said "It's not you. It was a bit too much for me"

When he saw her frown, he sighed not knowing how to explain.

"You didn't like me hugging you?" she questioned slowly, raising her eyes a bit.

He shook his head "I liked it very much. That's the reason I told you to---"

"I don't understand"

Why is this so difficult to explain?

He sighed heavily "Look, we would've ended up in bed if you stayed another minute like that; and I am supposed to cook for us"

She gaped at him in horror before bursting into laughter.

When he glared at her, she closed her mouth, trying to stop the chuckles that were escaping every now and then.

"So, I didn't do anything wrong" she said, looking at him with a bright smile.

His expression changed as he looked at her fondly and shook his head "No, you didn't"

She pressed her head against the wall and continued to observe him when she heard him "Don't look at me like that"

"Like what?" she asked, smiling mischievously.

He closed his eyes painfully, turning his attention to the chicken "Do you want to check if it's cooked?"

"No way" she answered firmly.

"Why? You should--"

"What if its raw? What if it's still--"

"What's the problem with that? You didn't do when I asked you to wash the chicken too"

"I am scared of touching" she said, guiltily.

"But you eat it" he replied, looking confused.

"Yeah, when it's fully cooked. Not when it's raw or just----- chicken"

When he gaped at her in astonishment, she said slowly "You think, I am stupid right?"

He chuckled "Since I am quite used to you, you need to ask someone else to know the truth"

She glowered at him making him smile in amusement.

Deciding to give a taste of his own medicine, she kept looking at him the way that tortured him before.

She knows how to punish me, Karthik thought seeing her look at him fondly with a smile on her face.

"You can leave the kitchen. I will do it" He said, clearing his throat.

"No, I am learning how to make biryani" she said with a smirk, never stopping staring at him.

He groaned internally as he said "You can learn next time"

"I have been observing all your steps since the beginning."

"All you did was ask me stupid questions" he reminded.

She smiled "I think you should stir the rice. Else, it will burn"

His attention immediately shifted to the rice. He forgot about it, until she reminded him. Good thing, it was on low flame.

She is a huge distraction to me.

"You should go now" he repeated.

Crossing her arms over her chest, she thrashed her legs, not caring to listen to him.

He groaned aloud "What should I do to send you from this room?"

She thought deeply before looking at him cheekily "A kiss would do"

"You will leave me alone then?" he asked softly, smiling at her suggestion.

When she nodded innocently, he took a step forward and kissed her.

He placed his hands around her waist pulling her close to him while she wrapped hers around his neck. All the sensations returned, when he felt her hands massage his hair. Just like every time, her touch ignited insatiable passion in his body and he craved more.

"I think you should check the chicken" she said, pulling away.

"What?" he asked dazedly.

"Chicken" she said, getting down from the kitchen counter.

"Oh yeah" he said, stepping back to the stove while she quietly left the room and switched on TV.

She was flipping through the channels mindlessly, when she heard him yell "Put Star Sports. India Vs Sri Lanka Test series is going on"

She pressed the number and lied down on the couch, not paying attention to the cricket match.

After she left, Karthik paid attention to cooking though he looked at the match occasionally. Yes, he missed her but he couldn't do anything when she made it her purpose to make him uncomfortable.

He smiled at that.

Once he was done, he arranged everything on the dining table and found her sleeping on the couch.

He walked to her and knelt to her level as he observed her sleeping peacefully.

How quiet is this house when she is asleep.

Chuckling at his own thoughts, he shook his head trying to understand why he didn't like the calmness when that was his company before.

Instead of calling her name, he kissed her to awaken her and knew she woke up when he felt her kiss him back.

"Is it done?" she asked slowly, trying to adjust her eyes to the brightness by blinking repeatedly.

When he nodded with a smile, she got up and together they had lunch.

It's the first time she ate the food he cooked and her eyes widened in shock, realizing that he was amazing at everything he did.

"This is so good" she said, looking at him in wonder.

"Thanks" he said, smiling shyly.

After lunch, Karthik continued to watch the match while Sindhu sat beside him, looking bored.

"Shall I change the channel?" he asked, looking at her.

"This is fine" she said casually.

He was a cricket fan just like every other guy in India. He was one of the millions who considered cricket as a religion and Sachin as its God. But gone were the days he'd watch every match; ever since Sachin Tendulkar retired, his interest for the game declined and now, he watched only for time pass.

Knowing that Sindhu was far from enjoying the match, he switched on the DVD player.

"What are you doing?" she asked lazily.

Checking her DVD collection, he picked out a movie called 'P S I Love You' knowing that she liked it.

"You put on a movie?" she asked excitedly and he nodded with a grin.

Seeing her excited was enough to endure a two hour torture. He heard of that movie being a bit too sappy but never watched it.

As the title calls rolled, he left to his room to bring a bunch of tissues for her.

"Are they for me?" she asked with an amused smile.

"Of course. What did you think then? For me?"

Just as he expected, she started running commentary, the moment the film begun. Her innocent comments amused him, throughout they watched it.

Why should Gerry die? She is going to have a terrible life now.

HOLLY NEVER SLEEPS WITH ANOTHER GUY IN THE BOOK. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY CHANGED IT IN THE MOVIE.

I love their first meeting. This is a nice addition to the movie.

UGGH.. SHE DOESN'T KISS HER FRIEND.. SHE WAS NEVER WITH ANOTHER GUY.

Books are always better than movies.

Aww... I love this film.

He smiled as the film ended and the end credits rolled on. Surprisingly, he liked it too. Adding to that, she didn't cry even once. May be because she watched it before.

Every time they watched movies, her behavior surprised him. He didn't understand why she felt happy seeing romance movies.

When he asked her that, she simply replied "I am not the only one"

"What do you mean you're not the only one?"

"I am not the only person who feels happy watching love stories. Almost every girl in this world does"

"Really?" he asked doubtfully. He would never know if it's true. He didn't have a sister to know her reaction and his mother was never the one to watch 'Love stories'.

"Yes. Every girl loves them"

"Why?"

She shrugged "Maybe because we feel happy knowing some girl out there is getting the happy ending that we wanted and dreamt of"

"Why would you feel happy? It's not like you got that happy ending"

"Because, contrary to most people's beliefs, girls can be happy when they see other girls happy"

"So, you say every girl out there is as crazy as you?" he asked with an amused smile.

She glared at him "You think I am crazy?"

"And talkative too.. You just can't shut your mouth" he teased, though he didn't want that. He didn't want her to be silent.

She pouted "You want me to be silent. Fine, I will"

"I never said I wanted that; though you look adorable with your mouth shut" he replied fondly making her smile.

"Go back to your cricket. I will make something for you" she said, scurrying towards the kitchen.

After what he'd done for her today, Sindhu decided to make something he loved. And almost instantly knew what she was going to prepare.

Pav Bhaji.

She might have had a bad history with it but Karthik loved it so much that it's the perfect choice. The last and only time she made that, they had a big fight and she left to Vizag. Hoping that he forgot everything happened that day, she started working on it.

The match almost ended for that day when Sindhu returned with a plate of Pav Bhaji.

"You made that for me?" He asked, looking at it, in excitement.

"No. For Kumara Sangakkara who is retiring from Sri Lankan cricket team today" she said sarcastically making him chuckle.

He took a bite from it and savored happily, not moving his eyes from the TV screen.

She cleared her throat "I am waiting for your judgement. How is it?"

He looked at her with a smile "Anything my wife makes will be nothing less than awesome"

He sure knows how to impress a girl.

When the match ended, he turned to her pulling her close to him "How did you know that I like it?"

This was what started their argument last time and she was scared it would happen again.

"Everyone likes it" she said, trying to sound casual.

"You didn't answer me properly, the last time too"

"You remember that?"

"Of course and I am so sorry for all that I said that day" he said guiltily.

"It is fine" she said, cuddling up to him. Wrapping an arm around his waist, she laid her head on his chest thinking deeply.

She didn't want him to know the truth that she saw him even before they first met. If she said that story, he'd feel more guilty and she couldn't see him like that. It's enough that he says sorry every time something from past comes up. He shouldn't be sad for no mistake of his.

She closed her eyes hoping she'd never get to reveal anything. Though she knew she was crushing him and half of her weight was on him, she cuddled closer praying that she always had him. Always.

Karthik knew that something was wrong; seeing her face was enough to confirm his suspicions. Her hand held his shirt tightly like she was scared of losing him if she let it go.

But, he didn't understand what could scare her so much, all of a sudden?

May be she remembered what happened the last time, his mind suggested.

He recalled his accusations and the way he made her cry. He even said that he didn't want her in his life.

His eyes closed painfully as the memories resurfaced.

What an idiot I had been?

What would have happened if he never found her? Yes, he'd be feeling guilty for doing that to her. But, most importantly he'd have missed an amazing life with her; the life that he now has. The life that makes him feel like the happiest person in the world.

And all of this wouldn't have been there if he wasn't lucky to find her; twice.

The thought of losing her scared him and he clutched her tightly while kissing her hair, involuntarily.

--- 

Thank you for reading. It takes a lot of effort to write a chap. Please, do not be a silent reader.

Vote, Comment and Share. Thank you to every person who do it  :D :D

When I started writing this chap yesterday, this was not the way I expected it to go. Now that I wrote it, I think this is better because Karthik might be a good person but he still needs to learn a lot. His views on friendship are wrong. 

At least, that's what I feel. One should always be for his/her friend no matter what.

With the change I have in mind, the no. of chaps increased. Yet, the story will be completed before chap 40.

Thank you to every person who supported through out my journey.. All your suggestions and comments mean a lot to me.. I can never thank you enough..

- JANAKI S 

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

22.4K 2.1K 25
He is still didn't move on from his ex love but getting ready to marry another girl but he didn't married her instead married to another girl. Confu...
1.1M 51.7K 46
CHICKLIT, ROMANCE AND THRILLER. Contains Murder and Mental abuse Highest Ranking: #1 ChickLit "Let's make a deal," I said directly looking at h...
408K 21.9K 27
What happens when a simple Indian conservative girl marries an unknown man? She is just thought from the very childhood that marriage is very sacred...
367K 19.1K 81
#65 in onesidedd - 9/9/2018 #637 in chicklit - 30/5/2018 #595 in chicklit - 4/6/2018 #24 in onesidedlove - 17/6/2018 #448 in chicklit - 17/6/2018 ...