My Guy Best Friend (majoredit...

By cluelessthinking

Amelia Grey and Matthew Brooks. They don't eat lunch together but everyone knows they're best friends. But th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 9

3.5K 88 26
By cluelessthinking

AMELIA

I grunt as I force myself to get ready, seeing that I was still in the same clothes last night, too drained to change.

I bumped into Matt while walking along the hallway and he just let his head down, staring at the floor when he went back to his bedroom, making me roll my eyes and jog down the stairs to reach the dining room faster.

"Morning, honey." "Morning, dear." Alexandra and Christopher greeted me simultaneously.

"Morning." I tried my best to smile as I sit down. 

"Uh, Amelia, can I talk to you?" Matt asks from the big entrance room.

I thought about it for a second and just let out a frustrated sigh, standing up again and going to where Matt was.

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday and maybe I could hang-out with you today? Let's go to the beach or something."

I guess I had nothing better to do, and he was my best friend after all.

"Fine."

"Cool. Thanks, Amelia." He smiles and traps me in a tight hug.

"Can't.. Breathe." I struggle to speak as his hug was too tight. 

"Sorry." He apologized, letting go of his grip. "Little girl." I hear him mutter just loud enough so I can hear, a smirk appearing on his face.

I just hit him on his arm. Hard.

"Ow! Strong little girl." He rubs his inflicted arm.

I was supposed to hit him again when he raised his arms in surrender, making me raise my chin proudly as we walk back towards the dining area.

"So, I was wondering if I could go to the beach with Matt today." I kindly ask my parents. 

"Oh. I was worrying you haven't had anything to do so I thought Mike's offer to take you out today might be good, but it seems like you're already booked." Alexandra answered with a disappointed tone.

Matt tensed at this while confusion ran through my mind.

"Take me out where?"  I raise my eyebrow as I take a bite of the pancakes on my plate.

"I don't know, somewhere. It's a date." My mom casually answered with a shrug, causing me to helplessly choke on a piece of food and cough for a few good moments.

He asked my mom to take me out on a date!?

"But it's okay. There's always next time." She added, beaming.

After fully recovering, I drink a glass of water and finish my food, shaking my head with a frown.

—-

I was lying on the towel with closed eyes, absorbing the sun and relaxing.

Until I felt water splashed on me.

My eyes then darted open. "What was that for?!" I yell threateningly at Matt, who was now laughing hard. 

"Nothing. You were just so concentrated on your tan that you didn't notice me making faces at you." He answered for a second in between  laughs.

I just stuck out my tongue at him and proceeded to lie on the shore.

And once again, I was disturbed. I was picked up and carried bridal style.

"What are you doing?! Put me down." I protested, hitting Matt's toned arms that had a strong hold on me.

He denied my frequent protests and threw me into the water. I shrieked while he was just laughing uncontrollably that he didn't notice me moving for an attack. I tried to pull him into the water, which succeeded because he was so distracted by laughing, and when his head surfaced, I swiftly splashed a lot of water on his face.

"What the," he attempted to recover from the splash which failed because I splashed water at him again.

It was my time to laugh until my stomach hurled in pain. He had an annoyed look on his face which immediately disappeared as his face softened.

"You aren't mad at me now?" He asked. 

"Maybe not." I reply with a shrug as I recovered from laughing, a small smile resting on my lips.

I'll surely miss him, even for a day. Oh.

"How long before summer ends?" I frown as I remember. 

"More or less a month." He replied sadly. "Why? You don't want me to leave do you?" He smirked. 

"Nope. I was counting the days when you'll leave." I smirked larger than the smile on his face which was now gone. "Just kidding! You need to lighten up a little bit." I laughed at his hurt expression which was now replaced by an annoyed one. "I wish we had more time." I sighed.

"How about we just forget about that for a while and get some lunch?" He offered after some moments of silence. 

"Okay." I smiled. "But on one condition, your treat." I grinned. 

"Again?" He grunted. 

"It was your idea. Now get your lazy ass up!" 

"Fine." He rolled his eyes.

—-

"Amelia, Matthew, is that you?" Alexandra calls out from the living room. 

"Yes." I answer and went to her.

"Can I talk to you, alone?" She glances at Matt.

Matt just nodded and left the room.

"Look, I know you and Matthew are the very best of friends but I don't want you to fall for him, okay?" She said straight to the point when Matt was out of hearing range. Well she's awfully blunt.

"I don't know if I'll fall for him, Alexandra." I casually answer.

"Then don't." She urges, making me roll my eyes.

"Oh yeah, about Mike's offer, tomorrow's the day of the date." She beamed. 

"What?!" I yell with a frown. This is all too straightforward for me.

"You'll be on a date with Mike tomorrow." She repeats.

"But,"

"No buts. Case closed." She brushes me off.

"I don't," 

"Ah. Shush. No more buts." She returns to her book and sips on her cup of tea, cutting me again.

"I don't want to!" I say quickly before she could cut me off. 

"Well, you have to. He's a great guy and there's nothing more you can do about it. It's settled. Case closed." She finalized stubbornly.

I just storm out of the room and went to my bedroom, screaming screams of frustration which can be heard all around the house.

"What happened to you?" Matt chuckled, seeing my annoyed expression from the door of my room.

"I'm going on a date with Mike." I mutter, holding back a raised annoyed voice.

"I thought you liked Mike?" He clarifies with an amused tone. Damn those sharp ears.

"I don't know." I say honestly, my face softening.

"Hmm. Good night then." He shrugs, a smile on his face, as he greeted with a happy tone.

"Night." I glare at his happiness.

A blank expression rests on my face as I got ready to go to bed, in my pajamas. Some part of me didn't want to date Mike. It wanted to be with somebody else.

Matt.

But I really adore Mike's gentleness, its what's hard to find in a guy nowadays and I've always dreamed of my guy as someone like Mike. I let out another scream and forcefully shut my eyes to go to sleep, my face not wanting to let go of a frown.

—-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
85.6K 2.8K 30
Amelia Tompkins is a 29 year old who's life is falling apart. She's pretty sure her husband of 8 years is having an affair and has been for about six...
56.1K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...
686 24 21
Matt was the new kid in school, Amelia was looking for someone to care about her. Together they made the perfect couple, until Matt's true colors co...