Whisper of the Woods

By -kyavhill

highest rank- #67 in Mystery/Thriller she took a chance and explored the mysterious woods behind her house... More

ā€¢ ~ p r o l o g u e ~ ā€¢
ā€¢01ā€¢ āœŽ
ā€¢02ā€¢ āœŽ
ā€¢03ā€¢ āœŽ
ā€¢04ā€¢ āœŽ
ā€¢05ā€¢ āœŽ
ā€¢06ā€¢
ā€¢07ā€¢
ā€¢o8ā€¢
ā€¢09ā€¢
ā€¢10ā€¢
ā€¢11ā€¢
ā€¢12ā€¢
ā€¢13ā€¢
ā€¢14ā€¢
ā€¢15ā€¢
ā€¢16ā€¢
ā€¢17ā€¢
ā€¢18ā€¢
ā€¢19ā€¢
ā€¢20ā€¢
ā€¢21ā€¢
ā€¢22ā€¢
ā€¢23ā€¢
ā€¢24ā€¢
ā€¢25ā€¢
ā€¢26ā€¢
ā€¢28ā€¢
ā€¢29ā€¢
ā€¢30ā€¢
ā€¢31ā€¢
ā€¢32ā€¢
ā€¢33ā€¢
ā€¢34ā€¢
ā€¢35ā€¢
ā€¢36ā€¢
ā€¢37ā€¢
ā€¢38ā€¢
ā€¢39ā€¢
ā€¢40ā€¢
ā€¢41ā€¢
ā€¢42ā€¢
ā€¢43ā€¢
ā€¢ ~ e p i l o g u e ~ ā€¢
- n o t e -

ā€¢27ā€¢

1K 112 156
By -kyavhill

Blake

Holy shiznits she's alive.

"Whoa, whoa," I held my hand up to her, standing up to my feet. "Ok uh..." I faltered, not knowing how to explain.

"You have less than thirty seconds or you're getting shot," The lethal weapon still pointed to my face, with the same intimidating look stuck on her face.

"What? Thirty sec-"

"29...28...27...," She began to count down.

"Alright five years ago, you were kidnapped by a psychopath named Jace. Six months ago I was kidnapped by the same person, in the same house you were in," I rushed out my words all in one breath.

She allowed her arm with the gun to lower at her side. A perplexed look crossed her features. She closed her eyes as she shook her head in disbelief. "What?"

"Anna. We were abducted by the same person at different times," I spoke clearly.

"I know what you said," She snapped at me, sauntering further into the cave. She placed her gun beside her when she sat near the crackling fire and leant her back against the jagged wall.

I stood grounded in my spot for a few moments, not knowing what to do. I'm baffled at the way she's acting. This definitely isn't the same sweet little girl I read about. She's a complete different person now.

I decided to follow her lead. I sat across from her, crossing my legs. The amber colored fire, illuminating our faces.

"I'm Blake by the way."

Anna didn't make any eye contact. Her eyes were focused on her gun as she unloaded all the ammo in it.

"So, uh..." I try to stir a conversation. She looks up at me, quirking a brow. "How did you get kidnapped?"

I immediately regretted it, seeing the stern and slightly troubled look on her face.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have a-"

"It was the night after Sara died," Her blunt voice cuts off my apology. She ran her index finger across the slide of her gun as she spoke. "And he was angry."

* f l a s h b a c k *

Annalise

"Ok remember that your dad wants banana split and your brother wants plain vanilla," My mom reminded me, as we entered the brightly lit convenient store.

I skipped down each aisle merrily until I reached where the frozen products were located. Tonight is my family's traditional movie night. Every Friday we rotate on who gets to pick what movie to rent. We're watching Tangled, since it's my turn.

"Mommy I don't see Banana Split," I frowned, my eyes skimming over each ice cream flavor once more.

I felt a pair of eyes on me and turned my head. A man with an all black baseball cap glared at my mother and I. He had tan colored skin and a bit of his brown hair peeked out from the back of his cap. Dark deep rings present under his eyes.

"Ok get Mint Chocolate Chip then," Mom's voice makes me regain my focus. She walked over to me with two pints of ice cream in hand.

"I want that too actually," I grabbed the two pints of ice cream for my father and I.

"Ok lets go they're waiting or us," My mom said hastily, making her way to the check out.

"Wait can I get candy?" I asked. She gives me an annoyed look.

"Make it quick Annalise," She permitted. "Hand me the rest of the ice cream so I can go pay for it."

I did as told and ran to the candy aisle. I was instantly overwhelmed by the variety of candy. A few other people stood in the same aisle, keeping to themselves. The man that sent my mother and I daggers through his eyes being among those people.

I refocused my attention on the candy in front of me, picking up a pack of gummy bears.

My shoulders jumped and a gasp emitted from my mouth when I saw the same man pulled out a gun.

"Everybody on the floor! You call the police you get shot!" He screamed, stretching out his arm with the gun. I immediately dropped the pack of gummy bears and kneeled to the ground.

The thumping sound of my heart being audible to my ears. My bottom lip quivered as I held both my arms up in a surrender. Tears threatening to fall.

Quiet cries can be heard from the other people behind me.

"Annalise," A familiar voice whispered. I turned around to see my mother on her knees, a frightened expression on her face.

"You tow," He spat, referring to my mother and I. "Get up," He commanded, gesturing with his gun.

"I said to get up!" He screamed once more, making me flinch. We slowly stood to our feet, our hands still raised.

He yanked my arm, pulling me into him, his arm to my neck, making it difficult to simply swallow. Tears rolled down my face, my cries becoming louder.

"What's your name?" He asked my mother.

She gulped fearfully. "K-Kristy," She answered.

"Well Kristy," He began. "I just lost my wife."

"I-I'm sorry to hear that," She replied, her hands shaking. I've never seen my mother in such a terrible state. To see her this way just breaks my heart.

"No Kristy, you're not," He began to weep, I felt his body shake as he did so. His gun clicked and he wrapped his index around the trigger.

"If I can't be happy, you can't be happy. That's why you have to go," He said unstably. A loud bang shook the room and my mothers body falls to the ground, instantly going limp.

"No!" I shrieked, tears streaming from my face. The man's arm then secured around my stomach, and lifted me up effortlessly.

"Mommy!" I kept my eyes on her lifeless body, kicking and screaming. He still held his arm out with his gun pointed to everyone as he walked backward toward the door.

"Let me go!" I cried, hitting at his arm. My throat was beginning to feel scratchy from all my screeching.

He pushed the door open with his back and slaps his hand over my mouth after putting his gun away. I couldn't stop my now muffled screams and rolling tears.

My back is slammed against the floor of his trunk, his hand still over my mouth.

"If you don't stop screaming..." He grinds his teeth together in anger. However, I kept sobbing uncontrollably.

Not only for the fact that I'm being kidnapped, but for the fact that I just saw my mother murdered in cold blood.

"Well Anna, I warned you," He said, letting his hand away from my mouth. Curling his fingers into a fist, he smashed his knuckles into my face.

* e n d o f f l a s h b a c k*

"Next thing I know I wake up in a house in the middle of the woods," She concluded her traumatizing story. My mouth was slightly ajar and I held a horrified expression on my face.

"What about you?" She asked me, seeming unfazed by her past experience.

"Uh, these kids in my grade decided to ditch me in the woods and when I went to go look for them, Jace snatched me up," I told her, her head nodding in response.

"You still didn't tell me how you know my-"

"I found your journal," I answered. "And you're locket," I unclipped it from my neck, handing it to her.

"What are you doing it with it?" She snatched it from my hands.

"I thought you were-"

"Dead? Is that what he told you?" She interrupted.

"No, I found it in the dirt with broken skeleton bones," I said slowly, realizing how stupid it sounds out loud.

"That thing's been there since I was at that house, it's from an animal you idiot. How'd you get out anyway?"

"I uh," I couldn't believe what I was about to say. "I killed him."

Her eyebrows raised in amazement.

"How long have you been out here?" I asked her curiously.

"I dont know, I stopped counting after that," She pointed to the wall behind me. There were multiple tally's drawn onto the wall, too much for me to even count.

"Oh my god, and you still can't find your way back home?"

"What is this twenty questions?" She asked rhetorically. "But if you must know, I can't go home."

"Why? Don't you wanna see your family again?" Incredulity present in my voice. This wasn't making any sense. Her family was all she talked about in her journal.

"I'm not the same girl I was five years ago."

"But they'd be happy to have you back anyway, they wouldn't care if you changed," I reasoned with her.

An idea surfaced in my mind. "We can find our way back together," I smiled.

She snorted harshly, "Yeah I don't think so. You're not gonna make one night in this forest."

I was barely making it through this one.

"So then help me get back to my family. Please. You probably know these woods inside and out," I proposed a potential plan.

Anna turned her face to the side, crossing her arms, thinking over my proposal for a short while.

Inwardly sighing, she looked back at my pleading face and responded firmly, "Fine."

"Yes!" I chanted.

"But," She held up her index, deadpanning my excitement. "You have to train."

"Wha-"

"Stand up," She ordered, rising to her feet. I did as she told me and stood up.

She then swung her fist back and punch me square in the face. I stumbled back and grunted.

"What was that for?!" I held my throbbing nose.

"Yeah," She nodded to herself, sighing. "We have a lot of work to do."

___________________________

A/N > TGIF guys!

There's a gif of Annalise of at the top. She's played by Lyndsy Fonseca if you guys want a clearer visual :)

What do you guys think of Annalise?

Hoped you enjoyed! The story is really taking off now ;)

Votes/Comments, much appreciated xx

-kya h.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 6K 80
A girl whom I thought as my best friend standing before me with a knife to kill me. She stabbed the knife onto my chest and told me "He will not like...
4.9M 183K 55
Chosen when a child, Lady Joselyn is trained to be a ruthless killer. She is destined to be the English king's assassin and protector. Only he and th...
244K 20.9K 166
[A Victorian romance continuing family stories begun in the various Regency books of Jude Knight and Mariana Gabrielle.] David "Toad" Northope, heir...
245K 11.7K 33
When Elizabeth Ledford was ten years old, her father was accused of committing treason against the crown. He was arrested and labeled as a traitor...