Trust the Instinct ➳ Derek Ha...

By apxrez

Some years ago, the Hale family died because of a fire. Unfortunately, my family died as well whilst trying t... More

Introduction
Birds everywhere.
Nice Party.
Cora?
Fucking radio.

Virgins

3.5K 114 33
By apxrez

Megan

I pushed and opened the hospital doors before I got in, Stiles following me. We drove here as fast as we could after Melissa called us. I spotted her in the reception and we made our way to her, once she saw us, she nodded at us.

"Hey."

"Hey." I replied her before she turned around.

"Over here." She said grabbing us by our arms. "And if you tell anyone that I showed you this, I swear to God, I will kill you painfully and slowly." She noticed my reaction at her words and quickly added a few more. "Oh, I was referring myself to Stiles, sweetheart."

"Why do you want to show us a body we've already seen?" Stiles asked rolling his eyes and ignoring her previous statement.

"Because you haven't seen everything."

We entered the room where the bodies were stored. There were two, both covered with a blanked. Melissa leaded us to the one closer to the door and uncovered it.

"See this around his neck?" She said indicating it. "That's a ligature mark. That means that he was strangled with something, like cord, rope..."

"Okay, wait a second." Stiles cut her off. "What kind of werewolf strangles someone?" He asked and then looked at me. "You know, that's not very werewolf-y." I nodded. He was right. At least that I know, us werewolves don't usually kill strangling our victims, we have other quicker methods.

"My thoughts exactly." Melissa kept going. She turned the dead guy's head to the left and showed us his side. "And then there's this."

Stiles looked away immediately. You could see part of the poor guy's brain through the basically hole he had on the side of his head.

"God, man, what is that? Is that brain matter? Yeah, it's brain matter, of course." He said trying to stay strong and look at the opened head.

"See the indentation? He was hit in the back of the head, hard enough to kill him." Melissa continued indicating and explaining, now practically talking to me, since Stiles looked like he was about to faint. "In fact, any one of these things could have killed him. I mean, someone seriously wanted this poor kid dead."

"All right, so then this couldn't have been Boyd or Cora, you know?" I turned to Stiles, making him look at me. "They wouldn't have done all that.

So maybe this is just one murder."

"I mean, yeah, maybe it's just a random coincidence."

"I don't think it was just one." Melissa spoke and we both turned to her.

"How come?"

"Because that girl over there, she's got the exact same injuries." We turned around to the other covered body in the room. We walked towards it and Melissa uncovered it. Once I saw the girl's face, it took me just a few seconds to realize I had seen her before. She was Heather, the girl from the party.

"The M.E. said this one wasn't just strangled." Melissa explained us. I looked at Stiles to see his reaction. He was in shock, staring at her motionless and pale body. Some tears started filling his eyes and I placed my hand on his shoulder to try to comfort him. "Whoever did it used a garrote, which is a stick that you put through the rope, and you just kind of keep twisting, and Stiles?" Melissa noticed his reaction and stop talking to apologize. "Oh, my God, did you know her? I'm so sorry. I didn't even think."

"I was-" He started with a cracked voice. "I was at her party."

"It was her birthday." I said to not make him talk, since it had affected him. But he wanted to talk.

"Her name is Heather."

"Okay, we need to call your father, 'cause you're a witness." I wiped one tear that was falling down his cheek as Melissa told us that. Suddenly, Styles face radically changed and turned to the other body. He then looked at me and then at Melissa.

"Has anyone else been through here tonight? Any any other bodies, or even anybody missing?" He asked, a little bit alarmed.

"No, no bodies, but-"

"What?"

"Two girls."

"They brought the first one in, Caitlin, for a tox screen, and then I overheard that her girlfriend, Emily, just disappeared." She simply explained and Stiles, still alarmed, asked again.

"I mean, they were out in the woods and nobody's found her yet?" I didn't know where he was trying to get, but I guessed I had to let him go to find out sooner.

"I don't know."

"Okay, first one." He asked for the girl's name.

"Caitlin."

"Okay. Is she here? Is she here right now?"

"I think so."

"Okay, where?"

"Okay, okay, wait." Melissa stopped him before he could go out. " Just wait a minute."

"I have to talk to her."

"Why?" I finally spoke, just as confused as Melissa.

"Because I think I know what's happening."

And so Melissa leaded us to the Caitlin's room. Since Stiles was the one who wanted to talk to her, and we weren't supposed to be there, Melissa asked me to stay outside and warn if someone came whiles Stiles did what he had to do. At least I could hear it all.

We weren't doing anything that bad. I mean, I've camped out there plenty of times.

Caitlin started, kind of defending herself. Then, Stiles asked her.

Right, but why tonight?

We wanted to be alone for one night. Emily lives with her mom, and I have three roommates. Not exactly romantic settings, you know?

That almost made me laugh. I had three roommates too. But I was sure hers weren't as annoying as mine. I mean, of course Derek's presence didn't bother me, but Peter's did. And they were almost always fighting. At least Isaac was more quite.

How long have you two been together?

Three months.

And you wanted to make it romantic.

Yeah, you know, because-

Stiles cut the girl off.

Because it was her first time.

They're gonna find her, right? Aren't they?

All their heartbeats raised. They weren't going to find her, she was probably going to die, as well as the other boy and Heather.

"So Boyd and Cora might not have killed anyone?" I asked Stiles as we waited for Scott and Derek to come.

"You're gonna wish they did."

"Why?" I looked at him confused.

"I'm not exactly sure yet."

"The other girl who was out in the woods, Emily. Eventually they're gonna find her." He started his theory. "She's one of them. Emily, Heather... That guy Lydia found at the pool. All three were virgins. And they're all gonna have the same three injuries strangled, throat slashed, head bashed in. It's called the threefold death."

"So, if these aren't random killings, then what are they?"

"Sacrifices." He looked at me. "Human sacrifices."

The room's doors suddenly opened, revealing us Scott. He walked forwards us as I waited for another person to come after him, but no one appeared.

"Scott, where's Derek?" He didn't look at me and his heartbeat raised. That made me start to worry. "Where is he?"

-

"Derek!" The apartment doors opened and I could finally get inside. Once he saw me, Peter walked my way and tried to retain me.

"Hey, Megan, don't-"

"Get out of my way!" And so, he and also Isaac did. I went upstairs, straight to Derek's room. I, maybe brutally, opened the door and found him sitting next to his bed, and a girl laid on it. I could only see his back, but it already alarmed me. He had a few scratches and dried blood.

He turned around to face the intruder that had stepped into his room. He stood up when he realized it was me. Now I could see him. He had a lot more of scratches that in his back, some really deep. He had them all over his chest, his shoulders, his arms, even some on his face and neck.

If I wasn't used to it, my heartbeat would had given me away. I learned how to control it when I was around him, since it was 24/7.

I hated that he always planned things without telling me. Then he got hurt like this and I could do anything about it.

I got closer to him and traced some of the deeper wounds with my fingertips. I heard him sight when I did it, but I knew it wasn't in pain. I noticed his shirt was almost ripped too. I lock eye contact with him, he looking back at me with no expression, as he always did.

Sometimes I wondered if the way he looked at me would change if I told him my feelings. But then I thought it would change for worse.

He hold my hands onto his hands and slowly moved, showing me the motionless body laid on his bed.

Now, my heartbeat did rise when I saw Cora's face. I could never explain how I missed her. My best friend was alive.

She was. I heard her heartbeat and breathing.

I looked at Derek again after a few seconds of staring at Cora. He was still holding my hands, as he looked at Cora on more time before turning to me too.

"Did she do this to you?" I asked him. He only nodded in reply.

I let go of his hands. I didn't bother to ask him anything else, as I already knew the answer. I want to protect you. I've heard it a lot of times and I was sick. I can protect myself, and he knew it. I survived with him.

At least Cora was back. Maybe things would change with her around.

Maybe.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Four months later...

I AM SO SORRY! I JUST... IDK!

With School, my other book, and everything else I just lose track with this.

Also, I actually lost the draft I had for this chapter :S

But now I will try to upload more frequently, I can't promise, because I am about to start school, but I will try my best.

Well I hope you liked this chapter, even thought it was shorter. Please comment/vote if you did!

Byee > Alba

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413K 19.7K 81
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
1.1M 30.1K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
460K 31.4K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
439K 11.5K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...