Living A Lie (Completed)

By Mys_AJ

SECOND BOOK OF THE WEREWOLF PRINCESS SERIES! (Sequel to A Rejected Princess) I suggest reading that book firs... More

Living A Lie
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Spin-off
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12. 1
Chapter 12. 2
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Not An Update
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER
Riley's book

Chapter 10

68.4K 2.8K 199
By Mys_AJ

Audrey

Three days. Three fucking days that I've spent sitting in the same spot, looking at my best friend as he laid still in a hospital bed. Like an extremely cliche best friend, I vowed not to do anything until I'm absolutely positive that he's awake and healthy.

"Audrey" Jacobs said softly as he entered the room. He's actually the only one that I talk to, besides the doctor of course. Eve and Gardenia stayed in Midnight territory for moral support, but I never spoke to them. "David came to see you" he informed me. I gave him a slight shake of my head. He got the message and quietly closed the door after walking out.

Once again, I was enveloped in silence. I slowly got up and walked to Keith's bed. Pushing his hair out of his eyes, I revealed his face that was no longer beaten and bruised. My blood helped him heal faster since I'm a werewolf, but that also means that his body isn't used to the power that's in my blood. Which is why he isn't awake yet. The doctor predicted that he should wake up no more than two days from now. But I still have my doubts.

His vitals aren't getting any better. The only thing that has changed is his appearance. His skin is no longer black and blue with ragged marks. He's completely healed, but he doesn't show any signs of waking up.

'He'll wake up, Audrey. Just give it time' Casey said softly. She came back yesterday. Apparently, she was taking the pain for me; but she didn't know that it would be so constant. I'm pretty sure she's completely healed.

Sighing, I sat at the edge of Keith's bed and fiddled with the locket around my neck. I opened the locket and slowly ran my thumb along the pictures before I uncontrollably burst into tears. "You h-have to w-wake up" I choked out. He can't die. I can't lose another person. I leaned over and rested my head on his chest as I soaked his blanket in my tears.

A few minutes later, I was lifted off of Keith. Arms encircled me. "He's gonna be okay" Jacobs whispered. I let out a loud sob before another round of tears hit me.

No one actually knows that he'll wake up. They're all just saying that. The doctor just made a prediction, that doesn't mean that it'll actually happen. Jacobs can't tell the future, he doesn't know if Keith will ever be okay. No one knows. No one can tell me with 100% positivity that my best friend will wake up.

Jacobs attempted to hush me, but it only seemed like my sobs got louder. Suddenly, his arms were gone and two pairs of arms substituted Jacobs'. Both people were making shushing sounds. "Audrey" Gardenia said softly.

"Everything is gonna be okay" David declared. I shook my head as tears continued to pour out off my eyes. Nothing will be okay. I lost the only father figure I have ever had. I lost my home. I lost my friends. And now, I'm losing my best friend.

All four arms got stiff before they were slowly removed. "Sweetheart" a soft voice cooed. Arms wrapped around me as she softly stroked my hair. "It hurts, baby. I know" she whispered. My arms tightly wove around her waist as I cried. She continued to murmur soothing words in my ear until I stopped crying.

My sobs slowly died down and were replaced by small hiccups. Eve softly hushed me. "Here. Drink some water" she handed me a small glass and I sipped the cold liquid. "Better?" she asked while rubbing my back.

I nodded and wiped away my tears. "Someone go check on her mate please" Eve said politely. Jacobs bowed before leaving the room. Gardenia and David were standing to the side. Eve attempted to discretely motion to the door. All three of them started to walk away. I guess she was saying that they all should leave.

"Y-You guys can s-stay" I stuttered. They all froze and slowly turned around. "If you don't want to, that's okay too" I added. It would be kinda boring just looking at a body that never moves.

Small smiles spread across their faces as they made their way back to me. "I'll go make us lunch first" Eve announced.

I shook my head in disagreement. "I'll do it" I offered. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her. "Thank you" I whispered softly. Feeling slightly awkward, I scurried out of the room. I would have never thought that the first time I leave the room would be to make food for the Royals. It's kinda weird.

I took a deep breath and started walking downstairs, to the kitchen. "Audrey" a voice called out. Recognized the voice, I sighed and continued my journey to the kitchen. "Audrey" the voice repeated.

"Leave me alone" I demanded. Walking to the fridge, I grabbed ingredients for sandwiches. I opened the cabinet to get bread, but someone slammed the door in my face. "Go away" I grumbled. I attempted to open the door, just for him to close it again. "I don't want to talk to you! Go away!" I shouted.

He frowned. "I didn't know. I swear, I didn't know that you knew him" he stated.

I shoved him away. Stupid sparks. "I don't care if you knew or not. Why did you do it? Did you just decide to beat the shit out of him because he's a witch? Did you just want to take your anger out on something? Or maybe, you haven't used that fucking torture room in a while, and you missed your toys" I sneered. With heavy breathing, I opened the cabinet and took out the bread.

"It wasn't any of that. I was protecting you" he stated. Protecting me? Angrily, I threw the bread on the counter with the rest of the ingredients.

Spinning around, I slapped him as hard as I could. "You protected me by torturing my best friend!" I shouted. "Because of you, he might never wake up! Because of you, I might never hear his voice again! Because of you, he's been laying on that fucking bed for three days!"

After snatching a butter-knife from the drawer, I started to make lunch. "Audrey" Thomas said softly. Screw him. He had three days to speak to me. He just told people to check on me, he never even came near me. He has no right to decide to speak to me now. It's his fault. He gently grabbed my wrist, stopping my actions. He pried the knife out of my hand. "I'm sorry" he muttered. I let out a sob and quickly wiped the tears that started falling. Thomas kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me. "I'm so sorry" he whispered.

Sparks spread around my whole torso as I cried into Thomas' chest. "The day you tried running away from here, you bumped into me. I knew you were my mate. I knew who you were; but after the Queen told you about everything, we thought that you needed time to think" he explained. "Your friend was put in the room after you got out of the cellar. He was asking about you. Being a jealous dick, I beat him" he admitted. My crying stopped, but I continued to bury my face in his chest.

"He wouldn't answer any of our questions. He just kept telling us to let him see you" Thomas stated. "That's why I did it. I don't care if he's a witch. I didn't need to take my anger out on something. I didn't miss those weapons. I thought he was a threat. I thought that he would hurt you" he whispered.

I nodded and slowly pulled away from him. "I know that it might not mean anything, but I am really sorry" he said softly. "I'll leave you to your sandwich making" he stated before walking out of the kitchen. When he was completely gone, I let out a long breath.

"Screw lunch" I grumbled. I quickly walked to the living room, where I knew Jacobs would be. "Can we go on a run?" I asked.

He turned to look at me from his spot on the couch. "Sure. Are you okay?" he asked. I shook my head. "But you don't want to talk about it, right?" he guessed. I nodded. Jacobs sighed. "Let's go then" he mumbled.

We went outside; and I quickly shifted, tearing my clothes. Jacobs rolled his eyes at me before ripping his clothes as he shifted. I gave him a small nod before sprinting into the forest. I released all my stress by running.

*********************************************************************************************

Hours later, we made our way back to the pack house. During our run, Jacobs easily kept up with me, and we even played tag for a while. This probably is the most relaxed I've been since my birthday. Surprisingly, it's only been a little over a week since I turned 18. We got to the pack house and I turned away so Jacobs could shift.

After hearing the popping of bones, a piece of fabric was thrown at me. I set the shirt on the ground before shifting and slipping it on. The shirt had my mate's scent on it, and went down to my knees. "I'm really short" I thought aloud. I'm about 5'2", Thomas is at least 6'.

Jacobs nodded in agreement. "But good things come in small packages" he stated. I smiled as we made out way inside. I went into the guest room that Gardenia is staying in. Jacobs salvaged some of my clothes from my old house. I put my clothes in here, but I sleep in Keith's hospital room. I put on undergarments, then changed into grey sweats and a black crop top that said "#selfie".

Happily, I walked to Keith's room. "Hey, guys" I greeted Gardenia and David. I have no idea where Eve went, but I honestly wasn't expecting any of them to stay here. "Sorry, I really needed a run" I apologized.

Gardenia shook her head in a dismissive matter. "It's fine. We heard all the yelling. We didn't expect you to come back after that" she said hesitantly. I nodded. "The doctor came in. She took him off of the blood bag" she informed me.

I smiled gratefully at the both of them. "Thank you for staying with him" I said softly.

They nodded. "It was no problem" David said. "But I have to go now. Alpha business" he stated. We said quickly good-bye, then he left.

"I love your shirt by the way" Gardenia stated. "Where'd you get it?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Keith actually got it for me. It was a Christmas present" I said. He got me a selfie stick, several shirts that said "selfie", and he got me a phone with a better camera. Let's just say I was going through a selfie phase.

Gardenia smiled. "Did he get you something for your birthday?" she inquired. I frowned, but nodded. "Is it the necklace? You're always fiddling with it" she stated.

I shook my head. "He got me a guitar, but I have no idea where it is. My dad got me the locket" I carefully slipped the necklace off and opened it, so she could see the pictures. "That's Keith and my dad" I said quietly. Now that I know the truth, calling him my dad sounds kinda weird. "What'd you get for your birthday?" I asked.

"We got you back" she said with a smile. I raised an eyebrow. "We were kinda looking for you nonstop the week of our birthday. Gifts weren't exactly a priority for us" she said dismissively.

No gifts? "That is unacceptable" I said sternly. "You know what!" I exclaimed. "We're gonna have a birthday party for you, David, and me! Its gonna be fucking amazing, and you're gonna get a shit-load of gifts" I declared.

She chuckled and shook her head amused. "If you say so" she mumbled. "Who's invited?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Everyone?" I said, but it sounded more like a question. "That's actually a good idea! You and David didn't find your mates yet, so we can invite people from other packs. You might find your mate there!" I chirped.

Gardenia nodded. "Okay. But it has to be in a few weeks. There's a couple of things that we need to do first, and we need to give packs invites" she stated. I smiled.

"This will be the best birthday ever!"

_________________________________________________________________________________

Finally!!! I have wifi!!

Hehehehehe...

Anyways...

I'm starting to do dedications again, so this chapter is dedicated to dreamingwish because of this comment at the top! So yeah...

Kayyyyzzzz Byeeezzzz

~A.J.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 87.2K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
1.5M 43.7K 31
warning: bad writing ahead Isabelle Falls once had a family who adored her and loved her, basically, she had a perfect life, until all that comes cr...
14.6K 742 56
The moon pack lost their Luna eleven years ago and the loss of her still impacts them all. Especially her three children and her mate. As her childr...
3.8K 7 5
"Celine" my father says his red eyes glaring at me. I glare back just as hard till my mother snaps her fingers at us and we both turn looking at her...