Cruel Intentions

By Julia_Eats_World

Copyright © 2012 Sequel to Revenge Never Tasted So Sweet. Lies, Deception, Misunderstandings, but most import... More

Cruel Intentions- Chapter 1
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 2
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 3
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 6
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 7
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 8
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 9
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 10
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 11
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 12
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 13
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 14
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 15
Cruel Intentions- Chapter 16
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 17
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 18
Cruel Intentions- Chapter. 19
CI- Chapter 20
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 21
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 22
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 23
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 24
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 26
Cruel Intentions Ch. 27 part 1
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 27 part 2
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 27 part 3
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 27 part 4
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 28
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 29
CI chapter- 30
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 31
Cruel Intentions- ch. 32
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 33
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 34
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 35
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 36 part 1
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 36 pt.2 Miniscule! sorry o_O
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 37
Cruel Intentions- CH. 38
Cruel Intentions Ch. 39
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 40
Notice Update
New notice
Ch. 41- The Downward Spirals
Ch. 42 Old Habits Die Hard
Update info
Chapter 43- Caged Animals
Chapter 44- A Thin Line...
Authors note
Cruel Intentions- Ch. 45 Russkaya Krov'

Cruel Intentions- Ch. 25

10.9K 128 21
By Julia_Eats_World

Chapter 25

I was sitting on Nate's lap off to the side on a plush one seater couch, taking turns of whispering sweet nothings into each others ears, laughing in joy in the moment, absolutely loving where I was when something caught my eye in the corner.

It was a small yet lanky girl, sat at a small round table by herself, staring absentmindedly but with a tinge of sadness at her twiddling thumbs. She was the epitome of lonely and my heart broke for her. She wore chunky rimmed glasses and her hair was a giant frizz ball and she had the misfortune of sneezing, showing a mouthful of metal braces. She was completely flat chested and the loose fitting black and pink floral dress was the opposite of flattery.

I stuck my bottom lip out, out of pity, trying not to giggle at what Nate was currently whispering into my ear while taking in the sight of this pitiful, lonely girl.

I started getting lost as Nate started biting my neck lightly, but when I saw a small tear streak down her face. My body stiffened causing Nate to notice and pull away. He took two fingers, placed them at my chin, and turned my face so we were eye to eye.

“Do you love me?” I whispered.

“Unconditionally.” He whispered back, locking his masculine hand onto the back of my head and part of my neck.

“If I asked you for a favor, would you do it for me?” I mentally crossed my fingers, hoping the answer would be yes.

Nate lightly kissed my lips before pulling back slightly, leaving his forehead against mine, and smiled. “You have me wrapped around your tiny little finger, girl.”

“So if I asked you to dance with a girl, specifically that girl in the corner…” I paused, letting what I'm asking sink it. “Would you?”

He pulled over and looked over to the corner, his features taking on pity before turning back to mine. “Are you talking about Beatrice?”

Assuming, if the shoe fits, is the girls’ name who reminds me to the T of Eeyore, rain cloud above the head and all, that he’s referring to, I still hoped his answer was yes as I nodded sheepishly.

“You won't mind?” he asked warily.

If he thought this was a test of commitment, then damn right it is. A commitment to show me he’s a selfless human being who would dance with a lonely, depressing sight of a girl just to make her night.

I shook my head no. “As long as you’re in my bed at the end of the night…” I said teasingly.

Nate looked back over at Beatrice; bit his lip contemplatively for a moment before turning back to me and rolling his eyes.

He kissed me once more before moving me off his lap and stood up fluidly. He sent me a wink before taking long, smooth, confident strides in the girls’ direction.

I watched the entire time, a smile on my face, hoping this would cheer her up from her morose state.

The girls head snapped up when Nate was right in front of her and obviously speaking to her. She hastily wiped at her tears, her cheeks coloring with embarrassment as she tried to hide underneath the frizz ball on top of her head.

Nate smiled down at her and held out his hand for her to take, waiting for her patiently to take it.

Her reaction was priceless.

She looked as if Nate grew four eyes, a spiked tail, and antlers as she pointed to herself while her mouth hung open in shock and disbelief.

But the shock soon wore off and her face scrunched up into anger.

I put a hand to my mouth, trying not to laugh, but Nate seemed to be handling the situation flawlessly as he shook his head with an endearing smile and most likely muttering words of encouragement as he tilted his head back to the dance floor.

She seemed to think about the offer as she stared intently at the ground. I watched her eyes grow wide then snap her head back and forth searching for something.

When her eyes met mine, wide with fear, while I realized what she was searching for was me.

She looked like she was a moment away from soiling herself almost making me cringe. Am I really that mean?

Trying to forget about the expression she wore. I smiled politely, closed my momentarily and nodded to the dance floor.

She hesitantly grabbed Nate's hand, still wary of the situation obviously as Nate helped her stand and lead her to the dance floor. The smile never left his face as he twirled her around, teaching her how to dance, causing my heart to become heavier at how truly unbelievable he really is.

I heard a chair scrape against the floor until it stopped from right beside me, but I was to entranced by the sight of Nate and Beatrice dancing to care who pulled up next to me.

“That was really nice of you.” A semi-familiar voice spoke.

I looked over to find Chris Danvers sitting backwards on a chair, with his forearms crossed and leaning on the back rest.

“I know.” I replied with a small smile, enjoying the fact the girl was now smiling and I could have sworn I saw a giggle.

“Half the girls here now probably think you’re crazy. If anyone of them had their claws into a Vanderbilt, you can guarantee they wouldn’t share, out of jealousy and territorial reasons, and have their tongue halfway down his throat by now.” He replied, a steady rhythm of tapping going through his fingers against his arm.

“It’s not like he’s taking the girl to bed. And it looked as though she needed a pick-me-up. I figured Nate could do the trick with a little dance. And if you haven’t noticed by now, I'm not like most girls. I have other interests other than sexual acts and letting the little green monster named jealousy ride on my back. And for all you know, I could be certifiable.” I shrugged as I continued to see Nate smile and his lips move slightly, I'm guessing he was not only making conversation with her, but making her night as well.

“How is it you’re not like the other girls?” he asked curiously.

“Because I watched my parents murder.” I replied, still watching Nate happily.

I heard a choking sound next to me and looked over to make sure Chris was alright. “You good?” I asked when he finally regained his composure.

“How can you say that so nonchalantly?!” he asked, bewildered.

“I've had nine years to live with it. And it’s not that nonchalant. Every time I think about it or say it out loud, I feel like I'm being doused in acid. But it’s the truth. I'm different than your average teenager who cares about what to wear to school the next day and who’s cheating on who. My experiences have taken those cares away from me.” I shrugged and turned back to Nate who was still talking and dancing with Beatrice.

“Wow.” I heard Chris mutter, more to himself than me.

Chris was different.

The way he looked at me, wasn’t the way Nate looks at me. I don't think anyone could manage to look at me the way Nate does. But Chris also doesn’t look at me like any of the other guys in both high school and out of school does. I have a feeling about him, but I definitely won't say anything to him incase I'm wrong. Knowing guys and their prides, to ask them something like that would more than damage their ego. I’ll wait, observe, until I confirm my thoughts or until he tells me.

“Would you like to dance with me, Liv?” Chris asked politely.

I looked over with a smile on my face. “As long as you’re gentle with me.” I reply with a smirk on my face.

He hold up two fingers together and grins like a little boy. “Scouts honor.”

I start to laugh openly. Just like Nate and I, neither one of us in the scouts, as he tries to pass the wrong sign for the right one.

I grabbed the two fingers that were still in the air and pull him up, stumbling forward before righting himself; he wraps the rest of his hand around mine and spins me just as “The Dog Days Are Over” picks up.

I laugh as he swings me around free spiritedly, an innocent smile gracing his face as he swings me back into him. We carry on, both laughing and smile as we continue to spin, sway, and swing in tune with the Florence and The Machines. I haven’t felt this carefree and innocent in a really long time, knowing I should probably thank him for this afterwards, not by saying a simple ‘thank you’ but by a gesture as great as his right now.

We finished the song with a laugh together and he spun me back into him. I wiped the back of my hand against my forehead, wiping away the light sheen of sweat from my forehead as I stepped back.

Just then ‘Yeah 3X’ started causing both Chris and I to pause and stare at each other. Next thing you know we’re both jumping with both of your hands in the air to techno beat of the song and laughing once more.

I remember closing my eyes, my hair slightly in front of my face as I swayed my head back and forth with the beat while Chris was still jumping with the rhythm of the techno beat when I heard a loud thud in front of me.

My eyes snapped open to find Chris on the floor with his hand clutched over his eye.

Bewildered; my head snapped around and found a big bulky jock that I recognized from the football team standing there; arms crossed and smirking, obviously proud at himself.

I was about half a second from throwing myself at him, I actually I was mid leap to be more precise when a pair of arms wrapped around my midsection and held me back. I wanted to claw at whosever’s eyes out that is holding me back at the moment. Just as I was about to snap my head back a familiar voice whispered in my ear. “See if Chris is ok. I’ll take care of big boy here.”

I nodded and squeezed Nate’s forearm before stepping out of his arms and crouching to the floor to see if Chris was alright.

“Outside. Now!” Nate hissed and shoved the guy with one hand in the back of his head, forcing the guy to move forward while Sebby and Tristan trailed on either side of Nate.

“I am so sorry Chris. Are you okay?” I asked as I tried to pull his hand away.

He groaned in reply as he finally let me pull his hand away. My eyes widened at the already bruising around his eye.

“Its… cool?”

“You’re not really good at this whole making me feel better thing.” Chris laughed and sat up.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged. “I tried. Now, let’s get you up and over to a seat so I can go grab you some ice.” I stood up, grabbing his arm, and leaned backwards, hauling him up to his feet, with his help of course.

Once I had him seated on a plush couch I ran over and grabbed some ice from the bartender who, somehow, managed to grope me with his eyes even though he had the same three girls grabbing at every inch of his body now. Has he ever heard of that law that starts with statutory?

I rolled my eyes and jogged back to Chris.

I sat down next to him and placed the small baggy of ice against his eye, causing him to grimace and pull back. “Stop being such a baby and come here.” I said while I grabbed the back of his head with one hand to keep him still while the hand with the bag of ice went back to his eye.

“I'm not being a baby, do you know how bad it hurts to have ice on your eyeball?!” he whined as he tried to pull away again.

“Yes I do, matter-of-factly.” I replied, obviously speaking from many experiences.

“Oh.” Was his only reply.

After a moment of silence passed I decided to ask what was on my mind since I heard the thud of his impact. “Sooo, was that my fault?”

“Uh, no. You don't have a meaty fist that impacted my face.” He joked.

I wasn’t amused.

“Well then if it wasn’t because of me, why did he hit you?” I moved the ice away to give his now red speckling, black and blue bruise a break.

“The jocks, well… most jocks at school don't exactly fancy me.” He shrugged, an accepting tone to his voice.

“Why not. You seem like a great person.” I scrunched my eyes together, not understanding the reason he gave me.

He opened his mouth to answer me, looking like he was about to give me some bullshit answer when Nate, Tristan, and Sebby walked up.

Chris flinched back and scooted away from me.

I gave him a funny look before looking at Nate confused.

“How’re you doing Chris?” he asked, concerned.

“Good.” He replied shortly.

“Liar.” He shrugged with a smirk on his face.

“Wh-what… N-no.” Chris stuttered over his words, blinking rapidly.

“Within an hour you won't be able to even open that eye. So, believe me when I say you, Chris Danvers, are not ‘good’. I take it Liv was at least trying to be gentle with you?” he asked as he shot me a look and a small wink before returning his attention back to Chris.

I rolled my eyes at him and sat back, shaking my head in amusement.

“Well… she… she was being… Aren't you mad at me for dancing with Liv?” he almost shouted out in bewilderment.

I looked over and raised my eyebrows at Chris before giving the same amused look at Nate, waiting for his expected answer.

Nate smirked. “Are you kidding? I was dancing with Beatrice.” He said, waggling his eyebrows as he said her name.

I snorted elegantly and started to rubs my eyes with one hand. “Oh Nate, stop teasing the poor kid.” I shook my head and returned my gaze back to him.

Nate simply laughed and leaned forward; placing a kiss to my forehead before right himself. “Would you like to finish dancing with her Chris?” Nate asked sincerely.

Chris on the other hand was looking as if he had saw that five legged cow I was talking about earlier.

He finally blinked just as the song had changed.

“Actually, I'm sorry for being such an ass-hat right now and taking back my offer, but I’d really, I mean really like to dance this one with Liv. Do you mind?” he asked, looking genuinely sorry for taking back the offer, causing me to muffle my small laughter.

Chris just shook his head, I'm assuming that meant he didn’t mind.

“Thanks, man.” Nate slapped his hand on his shoulder, causing Chris to flinch slightly.

What is that boys deal?

I held out my hand with the ice and looked over at Chris in concern. “Are you going to be alright, or do you want me to stay?”

He nodded his head, grabbed the ice and leaned forward. “Go dance, Nate looks like a begging puppy. Go get em tiger.” Chris whispered in my ear and pulled back grinning.

I laughed a short laugh and grabbed onto Nate’s outstretched hand.

He smiled as he walked backwards, out towards the floor, until we reached the middle and somehow miraculously didn’t run into anybody getting out there.

He wrapped arms around my waist and pulled me so close that both of our bodies were pressed up against each other. I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked up into those mesmerizing eyes as I let him lead me slowly around the dance floor.

(The song on the side is the song they’re dancing to. Check it! Lol. No seriously listen to it

 -__- it’s actually not that bad :-D bahaaaa, okay bye)

“So you ready to meet my parents tomorrow?” Nate whispered as he brought one hand up and stroked my face gently.

Catching me off guard, my feet stumbled, the nerves setting back in place about tomorrow night. But Nate caught me easily, righting my body and continued to guide me fluidly around.

“Relax Liv, they’re going to love you the moment they meet you. Everyone does when they first set their eyes on you.” He smirked as he grabbed one of my hands out and spun me out expertly before bringing me back in, except this time I was facing away with my back pressed against his stomach.

He bent his head, leaning it against the side of mine and swayed me gently. “I'm not nervous.” Nate applied more pressure against my head with his own, implying he knew I was lying. “Okay, fine. I'm nervous. I'm nervous because if they don't like me…” I paused trying to sum up what I've been thinking since he asked me and put it into understandable words. “If they hate me, that would be it for us.” I sighed in dismay, finally saying what I feared out loud as I lay my head back against Nate’s chest.

Nate wrapped his arms tighter around my waist as I felt his shaking on against my own. “Even if they hate you, if being the key word, no one, not my parents, Maverick Petrov, or the boss of the Mafia could, would, or will keep me away from you. Do you hear me?”Nate whispered fiercely into my ear, only easing my fear slightly.

He meant well, but powerful parents like his have a lot of influence.

Nate groaned at my silence and pressed his cheek to mine. “What can I say to you to convince you?” he whispered as he continued to sway my body with his.

“I don't know.” I answered honestly.

“Well, whether you believe me or not, I'm not going anywhere and I’ll just have to prove you wrong tomorrow that everything will go fine. The thing I'm worried about his them scaring you away with their corkiness.” He whispered, placing a small kiss on my cheek before returning his cheek back to mine.

“Nate, I've been shot. The only way they can scare me away is by them not liking me and saying I'm not good enough to be with you, which I'm not.” I said, telling him exactly how I felt.

Nate stopped and spun me around forcefully, actually looking angry. “Don't. Ever. Say. That again. You are more than I will ever deserve, so don't sit there and put yourself down like that. I'm the lucky one.” Nate’s eyes flashed in anger as he grabbed my face and shook his head in disbelief.

“You mean that?” I whispered as I wove my hands through his hair and returned the grip.

“I vow it.” He answered honestly.

“I love you.” He whispered so lightly, it felt as if I imagined it.

I closed my eyes and let out a shaky breath.

Nate let go of my face, causing me to release my hands as he pulled me into a tight hug.

“We’ll just have to see how things go tomorrow.” I mumbled into his chest and kept my eyes closed as we barely swayed back and forth.

“Yes we will.” He whispered into my hair before placing a kiss where he spoke.

 Oh, and i also picture Shane West as Sal. What do you think?!?! tell me what you think, yay or nay?!

*READ, Funny story about my BOSS* lol

So I know this is really late and not that long but I just started a new job and I love it. I work right on the water and the sand but the best part… is my BOSS!! I have a pant busting crush on the man. Suit and ties, but tattoos, had a tongue piercing and two piercing in his ears. My, oh my, Oh my god. He is so sexy, and suave and confident and my god he has man hands. He, I think, is in his mid or late twenties but god damn his ass looks edible in jeans. But I absolutely love flirting with him, and its not just me, i swear, he comes over to where I am which is way out of his way and started playing with the red feathers in my hair, telling me he likes them. In the tiny ass office in the back, literally is 8 ft X 3ft wide,  but two feet wide is taken up by desks, filing cabinets, and computers, so anyways we were in there and we were talking about my tattoo, and then he said he had two, and I told him to tell me about them and he started unbuttoning his shirt, mind you there was only an inch of space between us, and moved it to the side so his full left side of his, incredibly muscular, chest was out with a large family crest. I could have drooled. Then I said something about my tattoos, and he didn’t believe I had more so I showed him my neck then said I wasn’t going to tell him about the other… which is kinda on my upper hiney. And when I looked up at him he smirked at me and said “I like that. Leaving things to the imagination.” Then he paused and does this cute little play boy smirk he always does and asked “How old are you again?” I then laughed and told him I’d leave it to his imagination, and walked out. And now he’s called me five times outside of work just to shoot the bullshit. he has also called me magical and said things in spanish after i told him i hear that all the time. And boy do I like to let my imagination play when I'm at work… best job EVER. Lol, okay enough about my fantasizing about my boss to you all, I'm sure you all are probably rolling your eyes at my ridiculousness, hell I am! I hope you all enjoyed this BORING chapter Au Revoir! Oh and vote and comment ONLY if you liked it! :-) ciao!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583K 17.8K 41
*Mature content, unedited version* She was in love. Her wedding day was a dream come true. She believed that their love will last forever, until she...
388 146 67
A ruthless assassin, after a brutal betrayal, wanted to escape and live a second life. But eventually, her past caught up to her, trying to drag her...
1.5M 64.6K 43
Lia's perfect life came crushing down in one night. Now, three years later... The happy, bubbly, easy-go-lucky, beautiful little girl she once was, t...
7.4K 272 30
This is a sequel to Loving Dangerously one and two so I suggest reading those stories before reading this one. Also characters from my story My Siste...