Cruel Intentions- Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

We we're headed down the hall when we turned the corner and I ran into a very firm and muscular someone causing my feet to falter and stumble back.

His arm reached out and steadied me until I regained my balance.

As I was looking up to thank the person for keeping me upright, I bit my tongue, and was cut short of the 'thank you'.

There stood Mr. O'Brady in all of his smug yet shining glory of shallowness.

I huffed and ran my hand through my hair while turning my head away from him.

Mr. O'Brady caught my hand that was half way through combing my hair while the other grabbed my chin, keeping my face faced away from him, and pulled me closer.

"Take your hands off of her." I heard Nate growl then grab Mr. O'Brady's hand that held my face and threw him back with such unexpected force that my mouth fell open in awe.

"Have you been working out?" I asked bluntly and bit my lip excitedly.

"Liv, we've all been training since you were in a coma." Nate replied in a harsh tone but kept his eyes on Mr. O'Brady.

Huh, I thought I noticed his body was a tad buffer than usual. But he still had his lean figure that kept him from being in the meathead genre.

Thank ya zeus!

"Nate, give us a minute and go around the corner, please." I told more than asked, but in a gentle manner, one he couldn't refuse.

He nodded and walked away swiftly.

"You won't have to worry about him..." I started but was caught off.

"Believe me, I wasn't worried about that little yank." He laughed and crossed his arms against his chest and leaned against the wall.

"The one you'll have to worry about is me." I whispered dangerously as I advanced on him slowly.

He simply laughed which felt like a slap in the face.

"You ever touch me like that again... I'll break both of your wrists." I hissed angrily standing right in his face.

He smiled in amusement, stepped forward so his body was only inches from mine, and started to pat my head.

Do I look like I'm five?

I fully expected him to ask 'Do you want a piece of candy little girl?' next.

Before he even realized what was happening, I had ahold of his wrist in my hand, twisted it sharply causing his whole body to turn, and slammed his body into the wall.

I let go immediately, making my point, and started to turn away to meet back up with Nate.

My back was turned to Mr. O'Brady when he grasped my wrist and yanked me back.

"You are so lucky my other arm is in a sling." I growled and ripped my hand back from his grasp.

When I looked into his eyes the only thing I saw was anger.

"Who did this to you!" he demanded.

And instead of grabbing my face harshly as I expected... his touch was tender and careful as he turned my head and brushed my hair out of the way.

I cleared my throat and stepped back.

"No clue. I'm actually heading to the headmasters office to watch myself get hit outside of your classroom right now." I said as I took a few steps back.