CI chapter- 30

This is probably one of my favorite chapters seeing as i had a bit of time to write it. i hope you all love it as much as i do. i prob. wont update for another week and a half. so enjoy this little tid bit! vote and comment only if you feel it deems worthy of it. 

CHAPTER THIRTY

“The last time I saw you, you were being hauled into the back of a police cruiser. What happened?” I asked as I stood looking at the sharp black hair, piercing hazel eyes standing in front of me.

“Well...” she started rolling her eyes. “They took me in, asked me one too many questions, asked about you actually and where you and Baize were hiding... when they finally figured out I wasn’t going to speak, they put me in juvie for a year-” she shrugged, brushing it off with an eye roll- thats Tatum for ya. “-then released me into foster care where I spent a good five months before I was a adopted by an awesome family.” she finished as she looped her arm through mine and dragged me towards the opposite way of the dining hall.

“What about you? What happened to you? It's been years, bitch.” Tatum pressed as she punched me good naturedly in the shoulder- thankfully the good shoulder.

“Oh you know, Got picked up by some family, just adopted me and Baize this year. Been in and out of trouble. The usual. You should see Baize. He's grown up so much now. His voice is even starting to crack a bit. Next thing you know, he'll be towering over me with a man voice. Dear lord.” I gushed as we walked into the common area where students are allowed to hang out before, during free periods, or after school.

She yanked me down on a plush couch and for the next half hour she kept on grilling me on every aspect of my life, and I hers.

“So why are you just now coming to school?” I asked as I crossed my legs in my lap and started to fiddle with the ends of my hair.

“Oh, I'm not. I was just at a public school for the last few years. My adoptive family was saying something about “better education”,” she quoted with her hands with an eye roll. “Or some shit like that.” she shrugged and kicked her feet up on the small wooden table that was situated in front of the couch.

“Well I'm so glad your back, there's no one around this nunnery that’s willing to pull the sort of pranks we used to back in the day.” I stated with an air of mischief.

Tatum and I never were really good influences on each other, always pushing each other to the extreme, competing against one another, seeing who could push it to the limit and get away with it.

“Well that's because everything we did almost got us arrested. I did get arrested. But like hell that slowed me down. You still go to the underground arena?” she asked, a certain light flicking in her eyes before she broke eye contact and looked off towards the glass doors.