Alpha Academy

By ShayJ_27

My name is Sophia Winters, only child of Theodore Winters, current Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. After my mot... More

Cover Search
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 3

2.5K 81 12
By ShayJ_27

The next day, I wake up to the vague sound of someone knocking on my door. Thinking that it was just a dream, I close my eyes. Wishing to be engulfed my sleeps blanket once again- only to hear the knock again.

Groggily, I sit up, glancing at the Alarm clock on my nightstand. 7:00.  I quickly put on my robe when I hear the persistent knocking again and walk over to the door. Gently pulling it open. "Hello?" I ask as I look out to see no other than Hannah standing there before me.

Her eyes instantly brighten up when she sees me. "Sophia! This is your dorm too? I'm sorry to wake you but I am the volunteer wake-up call! How are you? Why did you run off last night? I was so worried." As she keeps blasting off questions at my barely awake state, I hold up a hand in the hopes to silence her. 

Gladly, she quiets down and I step back, opening the door so that she may enter. I quickly try to comb through my tangled hair, suddenly self concious on my appearance. "I'm sorry I ran off last night. Something just came up that I needed to deal with." I try to make my lie convincing but it has never been one of my strong points.

She raises an eyebrow questioningly, but I just smile, hoping that she doesn't press any further. "So, how was the dinner last night?" I asked, trying to change the subject away from me.

Hannah smiles, and looks at me with those big, chocolate orbs. "It was amazing! A few girls came and sat with me after you left and everything went well except that there was a little disagreement when one of the higher ranked guys ran out of the room, shoving over some people in the process. I mean, what could be so important that he had to plow right through?" She huffs and I can't help but feel my face drain. Was that Adrian? I sigh, my wolf has been crazy ever since we found Adrian. Damn him and his arrogant attitude.

'Don't forget about his lickable body' My wolf adds in.

'Oh, would you shut up already about wanting to lick him? It's starting to get creepy.' I retort, irritated with her horny behaviour.

'I bet he would love to be licked. So, no I will not shut up.' She purrs.

"Sophia? You ok?" I glance up at Hannah, noticing that she is still standing in front of me.

I nod and say; "Well, I think I should get ready for school." Thankfully, she takes the hint and leaves my room, going to wake the next person. 

I collect my towel and head to the shower, taking 10 minutes to massage the rose scented shampoo into my hair and lathering myself in vanilla body wash. After finishing, I step out and look at my reflection, pretending that it was my mother. "Wish me luck mom." I had been talking to my reflection like this ever since I was a child, it helped with the fact that I had lost her and it wasn't too hard because of our apparent similarities.

I walk out of the bathroom, wrapped in my robe. I head to the dresser and pull out the school uniform I am to be wearing. I pick out a basic black bra with matching panties and pull them on, next pulling on the white button up shirt. After doing it up, I step into the short pleated, black skirt and tuck my shirt into it. I grumble to myself, looking at the skirt. Have these people even heard of the word conservative? 

Reluctantly, I bring the  red and black striped tie over my head and tighten it- these things are so uncomfortable! The last things to be put on are my red blazer that bore the gold emblem of a wolf on the breast, and I was ready to go. 

Grabbing my small, leather backpack, I head out the door, only to be hit with that scent again. Sensing which direction it was coming from, I quickly locked the door and hustled in the other direction. Today was orientation so I decided to head straight there, not wanting the chance of seeing Adrian to come up. 

Though, to my anoyance, I felt a hand grab onto my upper arm, just above my elbow. Letting out an exasperated sigh, I whip around to be face-to-face with my mate. "What do you want Adrian?" I huff, hoping that he will get the message that I don't want to talk to him..

"Come on babe. Don't be like that. You're mine now, it's time to accept that." He smirks, staring into my eyes. I mentally kick myself because of the way my body reacts to his touch and voice, just wanting to melt into him. 

I snap myself out of it and glare at him, crossing my arms across my chest. "How many times do I have to tell you that I am not 'yours'?" I take a step back from him, as an extra precaution.

I notice the change in his eyes. The once bright green, darkening to a forest, it obvious that he was getting angry. "You will accept that you belong to me, sooner or later, on your own. Otherwise, I just might have to mark you to give you that little extra push." He growls, though I see a flash of remorse in his eyes after he says it.

My eyes widen, shocked that he would threaten to do such a thing. Marking was something that was completely off the table for me. I would rather die then let Adrian be able to tell my every emotion. Through gritted teeth, I growl, "I have to go to orientation." I then turn on my heel and walk away from him, wishing that I could smack that smirk right off of his pretty face.

Heading to school, I know that it is going to be a long day.

I walk into the large main building where all the classes are held and can't hold back a smile when I see Hannah, just about the only person I know here that doesn't piss me off every second of the day. I stride up to her, and she welcomes me with a warm hug. "Sophia! Hey." She smiles at me, flashing those pearly whites.

"Hello, Hannah. Do you mind if I sit with you in Orientation?" I look at her, wishing that she would allow me to. 

"Of course! Come with me." She grabs my arm and starts to pull me into the auditorium, we quickly find some empty seats.

~~~Grrrrr!! I had another 1000 words typed after this and then wattpad just had to go and delete them. SO PISSED RN!~~~~~

Hannah drags me along to some seats near the middle. We sit down and watch everyone else walk in, commenting on how some of the girls have their skirts hiked up so far that if a breeze blew through, they would be showing much more than their fake smiles.

I see Adrian walk in and I immediately turn away, hoping that he would spot some of his buddies to sit with but to my disappointment, he walks over to Hannah and I and smiles. "May I sit with you two?" He beams Hannah that megawatt smile of his and before I can tell him to screw off, Hannah nods and motions to the seat next to me.

I glare at Hannah but she ignores it, focusing on the handsome boy before us. She holds out her hand to him, smiling sheepishly. "Hello, My name is Hannah. I'm from The Running Moon Pack."

He takes her hand and kisses her knuckles. 

My wolf growls loudly in my head, so much so, that a soft growl escapes my mouth as well. I widen my eyes when Hannah gives me a confused look, and I to play it off as a cough. I can't help notice the small smirk at my reaction.

"My name is Adrian. I come from the Sun Rage Pack." He turns to he and pretends that he doesn't know who I am. "And you are..?" He grabs my hand and kisses it also, sending sparks up my arms. My wolf purrs in approval.

"Sophia." I bluntly answer, debating whether I should pull my hand away, but before I decide, he sets in back down on my leg.

"What pack are you from?" I can see the mischevious glint in his eyes. I panic and look down.

"Ugh-" Thankfully, someone clears their throat from the stage in the front of the room and everyone turns to him. Thank the Moon Goddess.

"Welcome all, I am so pleased to see so many new faces here today to start school at this fine institute. I am the Headmaster here at Alpha Academy. If you get into any trouble, it is me that you will see. So I hope that I never have to see any of you!" He laughs at his own comment and I hear a few light chuckles in the crowd.

"As tradition, I will name all of the packs that have students attending this year." With that comment, I feel my eyes go wide with worry. What if he gives me away!? I grip onto the hem of my skirt nervously but let up when I hear that he  is only naming the packs and not the names of the people hailing form them.

I listen intently as he names the packs, starting from the lowest ranked and climbing in stature. Feeling a nudge in the side when Hannah's pack was called. I grin at her and then soon after, Adrian's pack is named. Adrian's eyes hardened when the headmaster named another pack after Sun Rage though, everyone expecting Adrian to be the highest rank here. But none the less, The Blood Moon Pack is named and the crowd erupts into whispers. I look at Adrian, noticing the anger in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, wondering if it was really that big a deal that he isn't the strongest. 

He turns to me, eyes hard and dark green. "Who is the child of the Blood Moon? I didn't even know that they sent students here. Something about them being home schooled." He talked through clenched teeth and I moved away from him on my seat, worried that he might not have a good reaction if he ever found out that I was that child. I shrugged, fazing innocence.

Hannah turns me to her and whispers, "I can't believe that the highest ranked pack has a student here! They have never attended before. I heard that they have special training for all the children of the Alpha's there and they are all cold-blooded killing machines!" Her eyes were wide and I wished more than anything to tell her that the rumor was not totally true but I couldn't trust her yet. 

The headmaster dismissed us after having staff distribute out schedules for school and to my annoyance, I have every class with Adrian and only two of them with Hannah.

This is going to be a very long year...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading! I am sorry that this chapter is kinda boring, it was just a filler but I promise you that the next one will have more action! I would have had this published sooner if half f it wasn't deleted! But, oh well. The multi media picture is what Hannah looks like!

Please vote & Comment!

~Shay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 77 30
Cerise was just a girl wanting to get by in life, make friends, and be happy. Instead she finds herself at the Lupin Academy. The prestigious wolf t...
27.3K 2.2K 39
In the Montana wilderness is a very special school. Only a select few are asked to attend. Getting a top notch boarding school education is only a...
97.2K 3.7K 31
"Privacy is only temporary between you and me." *** At four years old, Sophia was spared the fate that befell the rest of her family. The daughter of...
167K 4.4K 26
A girl named Emma has gone through a lot of problems. One day she is given a chance, to start a new and fresh life with her father. Emma won't pull a...