Obsidian Butterfly | Hunter X...

By The_Red_Line

Greetings humans. I am terribly sorry for the fact that this fan fiction, created by the author, has no desc... More

Act One
Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode V
Episode VI
Episode VII
Episode VIII
Episode IX
Episode X
Episode XI
Act Two
Episode XII
Episode XIII
Episode XIV
Episode XV

Episode IV

10.1K 464 384
By The_Red_Line

=3rd Person's P.O.V.=

The emotionless boy cracked open; he finally showed an emotion. Only, it was not a positive emotion. It was one of anger, and full of murderous hatred. The old human was playing with him, all this time. He was even smiling.

Oh, how much the boy wanted to rip his smiling face off.

Eighteen minutes passed by since the start of the fight, and the boy's fingers had only brushed off the ball. Since, every time when he'd be able to come in contact with the ball, Netero would counter it in a flash. Needless to say, the boy was very impatient, and hated it when time was being wasted.

The boy had landed multiple, harsh hits to the human, yet it didn't seem to affect the smiling old filth. Little did the boy know, in every punch the contacted with Netero, incredible amounts of pain surged through his steel-like bones.

Netero himself was hugely impressed with the boy's strength. It was even more powerful and stronger than Killua's kick. Technically, if Netero was just a beginner in Nen, he would already be dead because of the incredible impact of the young boy's punch. Unfortunately, he wasn't not a beginner, but the master.

Amazingly, not a single drop of sweat was visible on both of them.

Gon and Killua were already gone by this moment. Apparently, the boy waited for them to finish first, stating that he wanted to see their attack sequence and test their intelligence. Secretly, he just didn't want them to witness their fight. Obviously, he didn't want them to see his moves.

But the boy was satisfied.

He saw the loud-mouthed's speed and the silver-haired's techniques. Judging by Killua's techniques, the boy narrowed down that he was a well-trained assassin. Unfortunately, not trained enough for the boy's standards.

The boy knew Netero was having the time of his life as he was teasing him. Taunting him, until the boy would be driven to the edge. How could a mere human overpower him? How?!

"Ugh!!!" The boy gave a bone-chilling growl.

He clutched his chest and stopped their high-speed spar as he ruffled, combed and pulled his hair like crazy. The boy was huffing and puffing, yet he still wasn't sweating. Then he glared at Netero who's smiling face was yet intact.

Suddenly, the boy released his murderous aura directly at Netero. Everything seemed to freeze as the temperature in the room dropped. It was like, the room got filled with ice. How else would you explain why the one and only witness had goosebumps all over?

The boy yelled out angrily, "Just STAY STILL you fucking piece of shit!"

Netero widened his eyes as he felt a tiny shiver crawl up his spine, and then, his felt that his limbs weren't functioning. Even for a moment, he felt his muscles constricting and his limbs freezing. Was it the boy's doing?

But that wasn't even the most surprising thing that happened, because after the boy raged, the boy clutched his head and gave an ear-piercing scream.

"Ahhhhh!!! It hurts, it hurts!!! Gahhh!!!!" Another scream. The volume was so powerful and high, that the scream woke up everyone in the blimp.

"I- Ahhh!!!!! N-no more-!!!!"

It sounded like he was in so much pain, so Netero decided to quickly help the boy. He rushed to the boy but before he did, the boy fell down --head first-- and became unconscious, but the boy didn't stop crying and wailing for the pain to stop.

Even if he wasn't conscious.

Even if there weren't any tears that actually formed.

===

The boy woke up with a foul mood. He was extremely angry, for the fact that he woke up in a bed, and that he wasn't wearing his mask! Who dare take it?! Not only that, he discovered that he was in a hospital, way far from the Third Exam Point! It didn't help that he had a major headache.

I'll kill that fucking human. He swore to himself mentally.

He got out of the hospital bed and ripped out all the things connected to him. Oh how much the boy hated hospitals. They reminded him of his gruesome past with that certain experimental scientist.

A female nurse, who looked absolutely fake, entered the boy's room as he was flexing his muscles. Wherein reality, he was stretching them since he slept in an uncomfortable position. Don't worry though, he isn't naked or anything.

"Oh dear! You aren't supposed to remove them. You see you suffered from a huge concussion and so we gave you the medicine for it, but seeing you're alright..."

The nurse's acting was really convincing, but the boy immediately saw through her pathetic attempts to flirt with him. "Pedophile." He muttered under his breath.

Thinking he said something to call her attention, she smiled at him. "I'm sorry, yes?"

The boy wanted to kill that thing. He couldn't stand too much stupidity. Inside, he could picture himself gutting her intestines, but on the outside, he stood emotionless. This wasn't the first time this flirting-thing happened to him. Apparently, girls from ALL ages are attracted to the boy's cool demeanor. Even if they've never seen his face, they'd come to a conclusion that he is 'hot.'

But now, the nurse saw his incredibly flawless face, except for his other eye that was covered with the boy's bangs. The boy was absolutely handsome. Not a single doubt in that. He looked almost feminine, but with his boyish clothes, he was deniably female. But, not one person actually confirmed his gender, right?

The boy despised whores and sluts the most in the human race. "I think red looks better on you." The nurse thought he was talking about her pink lipstick. "Oh really? I actually was supposed to wear red today, but then I realized I used them all up~"

The boy wasn't impressed one bit; he saw better flirting skills than this.

"Then, want me to make it red?" The nurse walked closer to the boy and wrapped her arms at the boy's neck. She thought he meant that he'd kiss her. She thought wrong.

Before their lips met, the boy twisted her head, with his hand that was behind her.

"Stupid. I never meant your lipstick."

He stared at her limp body without any guilt or remorse and took the clipboard she held. He ripped it away from her tangled limbs and began to flip it page to page aimlessly. Suddenly, his eye caught a certain word, Name. And a blank line beside it. Apparently, the nurse needed his name for useless reasons. Too bad, he doesn't have one.

Then the boy saw, at the corner of the page, his patient number.

Zero.

After he saw the information he wanted, he threw the clipboard on the floor and walked towards the window. "Ah, my mask..." He said as he spotted it right at the edge of the bed. "Stupid." He harshly insulted himself. He quickly wore it and began to step on the ledge of the window.

Calculating the distance from the floor he was in and the ground below, he inferred that he was in the ninth floor. "Hm. A few bruises and wounds but not death." He shrugged as if assuring himself that he wouldn't meet his death yet.

Then, with a sudden increase of force and pressure in his foot, off he jumped down. "Whoop." He sarcastically cheered as he felt the powerful force of the air that acted as a cushion in his landing.

In seven seconds flat, the boy landed. Yet, how he landed was really infatuating. He landed with his two legs, straight up, and perfectly unscathed. "Ah. Well, that wasn't expected..." He simply commented.

"Now, I need an aircraft."

===

It's been a total of one minute since the exam started, and a guy was rock-climbing down the tower. The rules to pass the exam is simple; go to the bottom of the tower, but no one knows the time limit yet. After all, they didn't even know it was already starting.

"He sure is going down fast." Killua whistled. The blonde beside him quickly nodded, "Yeah, if he continues going down at this rate, he'll be the first-" Kurapika was cut off by a loud burst of an engine. It came from a helicopter, yes, a legit helicopter that was used for war. Then, he saw a figure falling down. "What the-?!"

"Am I the only one seeing this?!!!" Gon yelled frantically.

Not a heartbeat after those words came out of his mouth, the figure landed (crashed) on the top floor of Trick Tower. The impact was so great, the floor shook tremendously. Due to this, the rock climber lost his grip on the wall. As he fell, several winged-monsters came and one swallowed him whole. Thus, meeting his poor, unimportant death.

Though he was the only one that perished, the others that were still at the floor got injured because of the large impact that made them lose their footing.

The figured stood up and dusted his clothes coolly.

"Not the kind of entrance I would want for the fact that I could've died in so much levels but that was quite cool, yeah?"

===

Kurapika walked around the top floor with calculating eyes. Hmm, there are a few examinees left... Impossible. Where could they have went? There must be a secret trapdoor or something... Even the mysterious boy is nowhere to be found...

"Leorio, have you noticed?" He asked his older friend suspiciously.

Leorio nodded as he scratched his head. "Yeah. More than half are gone." He stated with confusion. "How do you think is this possible?" He asked worriedly.

Kurapika answered him with his levelheaded way of talking. "Perhaps there are trapdoors. That would explain why everyone's looking or tapping the ground." Leorio was going to say something until a loud shout made him discontinue.

"Ne ne Kurapika!" Gon called out. "We found them!" He cheered excitedly. Killua was just beside him, shutting his ears to reduce the loud volume. "Urusai baka!" He hit Gon's head with a smack, with a glare. Rubbing the bump on his head, Gon apologized with a childish smile. "Ahaha, gomene Killua..."

Kurapika and Leorio sweatdropped at the scene.

"Well, what did you find, Gon?" Kurapika finally asked the boy.

"We found the trapdoors! Look, there's that one, and that one, there, over there, and this one." Gon pointed out happily, completely forgetting Killua's hit. "Although, I don't get something..." Kurapika raised his eyebrows expectedly. Gon noticed the action, and so he continued. "Well, there are five trapdoors, and one of them wouldn't budge! All those five are near each other, so maybe they'll lead to the same room?"

Killua nodded and added alongside Gon, "It is most-likely that what Gon said is true. Though, some of them are probably traps." He said darkly. Kurapika agreed and so they all chose their own door. "Whoever doesn't make it holds no grudges, okay?" Gon childishly spoke. They mentioned that they agree.

"Bye guys!"

"I bid you all farewell."

"Good luck, I guess."

"See you later, slowpokes!!"

So with a count of three, they jumped, and with the momentum of it, they were able to apply the right amount of pressure to each chosen door, and down they fell.

With a couple of 'woahs' and 'oofs.' They met a humorous sight; they were all in fact, in the exact same room! Gon and Killua gave a cheeky cheer and Leorio just grumbled. Meanwhile, Kurapika sighed and dusted off the dirt in his clothes, "Well that was a brief farewell." He stated simply.

Suddenly, they heard the speaker in the room switch on. "Ah, ahem." Came a slightly high-pitched male voice. "Welcome to the Third Phrase of the Hunters' Exam! My name is Lippo, and I am the Trick Tower's prison warden."

"Warden?" Gon asked curiously.

"Yes. Now, do you see those four watches in front of you?" The warden, also known as Lippo, was answered by a couple of 'yesses.' "Wear them, and don't take them off until the Phase ends." He commanded, and they followed almost immediately.

"Listen. The watches are on timer. You have seventy-two hours to reach the bottom. If you are wondering why isn't it starting at seventy-two hours, well it's because it started the moment you all arrived at Trick Tower, not when you wore it." Lippo smirked behind the TV screens that showed their surprise and slight anger.

"Okay, now that all of you have worn your watches, please click X or O if you want the door to open. Good luck to you five." He emphasized the last word with a somewhat, amused tone. Then, the speakers went off.

Kurapika was the first one to react. "Wait what? He said, 'five.' But we're only four." He said with absolute confusion.

"Now that's where you're wrong, blonde."

A pause.

"Aren't you forgetting a certain someone?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 2.3K 31
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~๐’”๐’†๐’™ ๐’”๐’„๐’†๐’๐’†๐’” ~๐’”๐’Ž๐’–๐’• ๐’˜๐’‚๐’“๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ~๐’†...
1.1M 44K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
852K 39.7K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
671K 33.3K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...