Maybe Someday

Da ScarletWSilver

My name is Annabelle Rogers and I was born in the 1910's. I am Steve's twin sister and younger by almost fift... Altro

Childhood
Growing Up
The Army
Taken
Hydra
Testing
Training
The Twins
Final Test
Winter Soldier or Bucky?
Eyes
The Procedure
To See or Not To See
Attack at the Base
Artificial Intelligence
Ultron
Team Up
African Shipyard
A Safe House?
Clint's Family
My Brother
The Cradle
The Vision
Evacuation
Belief
Trust
The Girl Who Stole My Brother's Heart
True Love Knows No Bounds
Healing Days
Epilogue

The Solution

9.7K 251 174
Da ScarletWSilver

"Sir, we have multiple bogies converging on our starboard flank," Hill says.

"Show 'em what we got," he says, hiding a smirk.

"You're up," Hill says into her earpiece.

War Machine and Falcon fly out of the clouds, taking out the robots. "Yes! Now this is gonna be a good story."

"Right?!" Sam agrees.

"Yup," Tony flies up next to him. "If you live to tell it."

"You think I can't hold my own?"

"We get through this, I'll hold your own."

"You had to make it weird."

Helpers climb off the boats as Steve comes up. "Donovan! I got about fifty to one hundred more coming in after this group."

"Alright! Let's load them up!"

"Alright, here we go. Here we go, let's move," Clint says. The Avengers direct the fearful people to the lifeboats, trying to get them off as soon as possible.

"Number six boat is topped and locked. Or, uh, stocked, topped, s, it, it's, uh, full of people," the computer boy stutters.

An alarm goes off as a robot crashes through the front. "Incoming!" Hill says. She pulls out her gun and starts to shoot it. Nick grabs some debris and stabs it in the face, shutting it down.

"You think you're saving anyone?" Ultron asks, attacking Thor. "I turn that key and drop this rock a little early and it's still billions dead. Even you can't stop that."

Thor struggles to remove Ultron's hand from around his neck. "I am Thor, son of Odin, and as long as there is life in my breast, I am, running out of things to say! Are you ready?" As Ultron looks around, Vision smacks him in the face, sending him back a few dozen feet. Mjolnir returns to Thor.

"It's terribly well balanced," Vision comments.

"Well, if there's too much weight, you lose power on the swing, so," Thor explains.

"I got it! Create a heat seal. I can, I can supercharge the spire from below," Tony theorizes.

"Running numbers," Friday replies. "A heat seal could work with enough power."

"Thor, I got a plan!"

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core," Thor says.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier."

"On it!" he answers.

"Avengers, time to work for a living."

The Avengers all converge at the key. "You good?" Pietro asks.

"Yeah," his sister answers.

"Romanoff," Tony starts. "You and Banner better not be playing hide the zucchini."

"Relax, Shell-head. Not all of us can fly." Natasha drives a plow through the streets, getting to the church. "What's the drill?"

"This is the drill," Tony points. "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

Ultron flies up before the group. "Is that the best you can do?" Thor shouts.

Hundreds of robots come from around Ultron. "You had to ask," Steve chastises.

"This is the best I can do," Ultron says. "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you against all of me. How can you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Well," Tony says. "Like the old man said. Together." The robots come at the Avengers and one by one are destroyed. Not one reaches the core. Ultron comes in to get the core but Vision stops him. Ultron is blasted with the mind stone, quickly followed by Thor's lightning and Tony's hand repulsors.

They all stop as Ultron melts down slightly. "Uh! You know, with the benefit of hindsight," he starts. Hulk punches him in the face, sending him flying. All the remaining bots run away.

"They're trying to leave the city," Thor announces.

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!"

"I'm on it. Oh no, I didn't say you could leave." He shoots them all down. "War Machine, comin' at you, right." Vision flies through and takes out some of the bots.

"Okay, what?" Falcon asks.

"We gotta move out," Steve orders. "Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you."

"What about the core?" Clint asks.

"I'll protect it," Wanda says. "It's my job."

"Nat. Let's go."

The others leave and Pietro zips in. "Get the people on the boats," Wanda tells him.

"I'm not going to leave you here."

"I can handle these. Come back for me when everyone else is off, not before. Get Annabelle off of here too."

"Hmm."

"You understand?"

"You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you," Pietro says.

Wanda laughs, "Go."

"Boss, power levels are way below opt," Friday says.

"Re-route everything. We got one shot at this."

"I know what I need to do," Clint says. "The dining room! If I knock out that east wall, it'll make a nice work space for Laura, huh?" He and Natasha drive through the wreckage. "Put up some baffling, she can't hear the kids running around, what do you think?"

"You guys always eat in the kitchen anyway."

"No one eats in a dining room." They pull up on the boats. "We don't have a lot of time."

"So get your ass on a boat." Natasha runs through the city until she finds the Hulk. "Hey big guy. Sun's getting real low."

"You're safe now, it'll be okay. Buckle up. Secure your gear and find a seat."

"Costel?" a mother calls. "We were in the market," she tells Clint. "Costel?!" Clint sees the kid and runs off the boat.

Tony cuts a hole in the bottom of the core. "Thor, I'm gonna need you back in the church."

"Is this the last of them?" Thor asks.

"Yeah," Steve replies. "Everyone else is on the carrier."

"Y'know, if this works, we maybe don't walk away," Tony says.

"Maybe not," Thor agrees.

Natasha starts to calm the Hulk until a machine gun is fire at them, sending them apart. Ultron sits in the quinjet. "I have no strings, so I have fun. I'm not ties up to anyone," he sings to himself.

"C'mon, let me help you." Ultron sees Clint helping the child and fires on them. Clint slings the kid around to protect him from the shots. Pietro sees this and runs. As the bullets fly around Clint, he is shifted. Wanda gets a look of shell-shock. A flipped car is in front of Clint and the child as well as a layer of ice.

Pietro stands next to them. Annabelle stands in a cove of ice, a bullet in her arm but otherwise unhurt "You didn't see that coming?" Annabelle says. She stumble forward before falling into Pietro's arms. Wanda lets out a scream of pain and anguish, losing control of her powers. Anything in the church is shredded as her powers surge. She collapses to her knees. Thor takes off to the church as Steve runs to Pietro. Clint sets the child down and goes to Annabelle. Clint picks the child up as Pietro lifts Annabelle.

Hulk jumps onto the hellicarrier, Natasha in his arms. He sets her down gently before jumping to the quinjet. "Oh, for god's sake!" Ultron curses as he is thrown out.

Clint hands the child to his mother and goes over to Pietro, who Steve set on the ground. As Clint sits down near Pietro and Annabelle, a man comes over to help him. "No, no. I'm fine. Oh, it's been a long day."

Wanda twirls her powers in her hand as she kneels by Ultron. "Wanda," Ultron says. "If you stay here, you'll die."

"I just did. Do you know how it felt?" Wanda uses her powers and slowly, painfully, take out Ultron's core. "It felt like that."

A robot, left torn in half crawls towards the core, engaging it. The city falls and Steve barely makes it off, jumping onto the last lifeboat. Tony crashes into the bottom and jets move it faster towards the ground. Tony engages his uni-beam. "Thor, on my mark." Thor calls his lightning. Wanda is sent flying through the air and Vision comes to her. He picks her up and takes her off the city. "Now!" The city disintegrates, pieces becoming so small that they wouldn't kill billions.

On the quinjet, the doors close before Hulk. "Hey big guy," Natasha says. Hulk walks over to a monitor. "We did it. The job's finished. Now I need you to turn this bird around, okay?" Natasha stands before a monitor on the Hellicarrier. "We can't track you in stealth mode, so help me out. I need you to." Natasha is cut off as Hulk shuts the screen off.

Ultron climbs out of the hole where Sokovia once stood. Vision lands softly before his broken and tattered body. "You're afraid," Vision states.

"Of you?"

"Of death. You're the last one."

"You were supposed to be the last. Stark asked for a savior, and settled for a slave."

"I suppose we're both disappointments.

Ultron laughs. "I suppose we are."

"Humans are odd. They think order and chaos are somehow opposites, and try to control what won't be. But there is grace in their failings. I think you missed that."

"They're doomed."

"Yes. But a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts. It's a privilege to be among them."

"You're unbearably naïve."

"Well, I was born yesterday." Ultron lunges at Vision and is destroyed instantly.

At the farm, Lila and Cooper sit on the couch and Laura is in the kitchen. She stops and turns around. Clint stands there with his bags in his hands. He sets them down as Laura comes up to him and they hug. Tony drives to the new S.H.I.E.L.D. base. Helen walks through the lab and Erik walks through another. Natasha stands in a blank room, looking at the wall. She gets a message and when she looks at it, a little baby sits there. Laura says, "Say hi to Auntie Nat." The boy's shirt reads Nathaniel Pietro Barton.

"Fat," Natasha comments.

"One of our tech boys flagged this, splashed down in the Banda Sea," Fury says, walking in. "could be the quinjet. But with Stark's tech, we still can't track the damn thing."

"Right."

"Probably jumped out and swam to Fiji. He'll send a postcard."

"Wish you were here. You sent me to recruit him, way back when. Did you know then what was going to happen?"

"You never know. You hope for the best and make do with what you get. I got a great team."

"Nothing lasts forever."

"Trouble, Ms. Romanoff. No matter who wins or loses, trouble still comes 'round."

"The rules have changed," Steve says, walking with Thor and Tony.

"We're dealing with something new," Tony says.

"Well, the Vision's artificial intelligence."

"A machine."

"So it doesn't count."

"No. It's not, like, a person lifting the hammer."

"Right. Different rules for us."

"Nice guy. But artificial."

"Thank you."

"If he can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone," Thor says. "It's safe with the Vision. In these days, safe is in short supply."

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator," Steve starts.

"It would still go up," Tony reasons.

"Elevator's not worthy."

"I'm going to miss these little talks of ours," Thor says.

"Not if you don't leave," Tony reminds.

"I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. That's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate games and has made pawns of us. Once all these pieces are in position."

"Triple Yahtzee?" Tony asks.

"You think you can find out what's coming?" Steve questions.

"I do," Thor says. "Besides this one," Thor starts, hitting Tony, "there's nothing that can't be explained." Thor calls Heimdall, leaving a scorch mark on the ground.

"That man has no regard for lawn maintenance. I'm gonna miss him, though. And you're gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears."

"I will miss you, Tony." Tony calls his car and it rolls to him.

"Yeah? Well, it's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book and build Pepper a farm. Hope nobody blows it up."

"The simple life."

"You'll get there one day."

"I don't know. Family, stability. The guy who wanted all that went in the ice seventy-five years ago. I think someone else came out."

"You alright?" Tony asks.

"I'm home."

Steve stands behind Natasha as she stares at the wall. "You want to keep staring at the wall, or do you want to go to work? I mean, it's a pretty interesting wall."

"I thought you and Tony were still gazing into each other's eyes. How do we look?"

"Well, we're not the '27 Yankees," Steve says, passing Natasha a tablet.

"We've got some hitters."

"They're good. They're not a team."

"Let's beat 'em into shape." Natasha and Steve walk through the door and there stand War Machine, Vision, Falcon and Wanda, ready to train.

"Avengers!" Steve calls.

r(#

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

128K 3.6K 35
What many don't know is that the twins Pietro and Wanda have a little sister. She was experimented on by HYDRA with them; however, she escaped. It is...
413K 11K 41
"Did you know" "Loki..." "DID YOU KNOW!!!" "yes....." "WHY.!....ARE YOU JUST LIKE FATHER!" "no... You're wrong, Loki..... I love you with all of my h...
119K 2.1K 69
Penny is Peter's Β½ sister. They have the same mother, but different dads (their mom died in her sleep suddenly when Penny was six months old and thei...