Love In Darkness (Vampire Kni...

By kansami

As the new transfer student in Cross Academy, you discover vampiric secrets and forbidden love there. Which v... More

☾Chapter 1: First Impressions☽
☾Chapter 2: Greetings☽
☾Chapter 3: The Other Class☽
☾Chapter 4: Bittercold☽
☾Chapter 5: Nostalgia☽
☾Chapter 6: Pocky☽
☾Chapter 7: Black Knight☽
☾Chapter 8: Bloodthirst☽
☾Chapter 9: Innocence☽
☾Chapter 10: Enigma☽
☾Chapter 11: Xocolatl☽
☾Chapter 12: Beast Within☽
☾Chapter 13: Temptation☽
☾Chapter 14: Shadows☽
☾Chapter 15: Wild☽
☾Chapter 16: Hunter☽
☾Chapter 17: Unforgiving☽
☾Chapter 19: Encounters☽
☾Chapter 20: Decisions☽
☞ Zero Ending: Silver Moon
☞ Takuma Ending: Ever After
☞ Kaname Ending: Faded Rose
☞ Shiki Ending: Sugar Treat
☞ Aido Ending: Tainted Ice
☞ Akatsuki Ending: Love Burns
♚Halloween Special Chapter♚
♚Modern AU Special Chapter♚

☾Chapter 18: Feelings☽

17K 491 231
By kansami

         (Y/n) found herself watching Zero at the school's shooting range. He practiced shooting with his gun, the Bloody Rose, at the targets' bullseye. She covered her ears at the resounding sounds of his gunshots. She loved seeing Zero's determined serious face as he was so concentrated in shooting the targets. Zero looked over at (Y/n) as he put his gun away, "Hey,"

(Y/n) smiled, "Hello, Zero.."

          It was always like this for a few days, (Y/n) would spend some time with Zero if he wasn't busy patrolling or killing Level E vampires. (Y/n) felt so happy to hang with Zero during those times.

           Although she did sense a feeling of guilt whenever she walked by Kaname. The Pureblood always had a distant look in his eyes as he watched (Y/n) from afar. He seemed to be more emotionless than usual and looked to be in deep thought. Sure he felt jealousy course through his body whenever he saw (Y/n) with Zero, but he liked seeing (Y/n) happy even if it wasn't himself making her smile. The Night Class students worried about their Pureblood, but they did not dare to question why he was acting in such a way. He wasn't the only one feeling down, the other Night Class boys felt the same sort of way as well towards (Y/n).

           Takuma would read his manga only to have his mind drift off to (Y/n). He'd sigh with his heart being tugged at the thought of (Y/n). The blond vampire never thought such a human girl could make him feel this way. He dearly wanted to have (Y/n) all to himself to spoil her. Shiki would stare at his Pocky wondering about (Y/n). He would eat much less Pocky, since (Y/n) never talked to him a lot like before. He would oversleep in his bed and tell Rima to go away. The mahogany haired boy would cancel a couple of his modeling photoshoots, because he was that detached.

            Aido became less flirtatious towards the Day Class girls when (Y/n) was barely among the crowd. He liked annoying and teasing (Y/n), because of her adorable reactions, despite it always resulting into Aido getting hit by (Y/n). He craved just everything about (Y/n). Akatsuki would appear to become more empty minded and loss. He was a little more moodier than usual, as he couldn't get (Y/n) out of his mind. The vampire did not dare to believe he was falling for a mere human, but it was true. He longed to see (Y/n) and make her smile.

On the other hand, (Y/n) did not know how the vampires truly felt behind closed doors..

~

           Meanwhile, Zero was summoned to the Headmaster's office for a mission. Headmaster Cross approached Zero and reported, "Ah, Zeroo~ I have a mission for you my boy, there has been a sighting of a Level E rouge vampire wandering near the school grounds.. Will you please check it out?"

Zero bowed, "Yessir,"

              The silver haired male immediately went to investigate the matter at hand. He scaled the school's grounds and gates, checking each and every nook and cranny. After some moments, he finally sensed a Level E vampire that was near.

"Finally..." thought Zero as he slowly smirked.

           He withdrew his Bloody Gun and boldly shot through a pair of trees, as a Level E vampire stumbled out hissing in pain. The ugly hideous vampire had old tattered clothing and dried crumbling blood smothered over his mouth. Its stench was too potent than the decay. Zero had squarely shot the Level E right in the heart. The vampire writhed away in agony until it became a pile of ashes. Zero spat and looked on, "I will never end up like those things..."

~

         "Okay class. The infamous ball dance with the Night Class is approaching! We have to score high on our exam so we do not have to help set up with the decorations!" announced the Day Class president, Kaseumi Kageyama. He had dark brown hair and wore square rimmed glasses.

           (Y/n) groaned in annoyance, "Ughhh, exams are not my thing what the heck. I'm just going to hope for the best..."

          Yuki frowned, "I am horrible at studying for an exam. I am so screwed!"

          Kaseumi turned to Yuki and (Y/n) with a disappointed look, "And you two... I expect a little higher standard of your scores so that our class average can be of passing,"

         Once he went back to his seat, (Y/n) imitated and mocked Kaseumi behind his back, as Yuki giggled quietly. (Y/n) yawned, "There is more to life than just scores on exams..."

          Zero stood behind the two girls and scowled, "Hey, if I were you two you both better study all night to ace this exam..."

          (Y/n) then lit up and suggested, "Oh! Zero! You are pretty good at taking exams... so... perhaps you can give us a few guidelines and tips for the preparation of the exam? Please?"

          Zero scratched the back of his head pondering. Yuki chirped, "That sounds like a great idea, (Y/n)! Zero can tutor us!"

Zero bluntly answered, "I guess,"

          So the tutoring session with Zero started for a few days. Yuki sometimes lost focus by daydreaming, while (Y/n) was actually putting in the effort to study. Zero would scold Yuki for not understanding the studying material, while he complimented how studious (Y/n) was. (Y/n) actually enjoyed the study group with Zero. She wanted to show Zero that she was perfectly capable of this exam and not some klutz.

           Zero took a liking in watching (Y/n) study hard during the study sessions before the exam. He saw in (Y/n)'s eyes determination towards success. Although he was quite irked by the spaced out Yuki, he still tried his best to make her comprehend his notes.

~

            The day of the exam arrived in no time. All the studying sessions with Zero that (Y/n) had, made her felt like she has improved a lot from learning from Zero. She was absolutely confident, that she can ace this silly test. Zero had encouraged (Y/n) immensely. (Y/n) was worried for Yuki, since she still does not seem to know half of the material being tested.

The teacher announced, "Alright, kids.. You may start the exam right about... now."

           Everyone in class immediately opened their exam booklet and started answering at once. (Y/n) easily answered a majority of the questions in ease. Yuki struggled here and there, always looking off in the distance trying to recall Zero's notes. Zero did the test with no hardship, sometimes he'd glance at (Y/n) to see if she was stuck.. There were a few questions that (Y/n) were unsure about, but all in all she finished the test in no time. She was sure she passed. Yuki finished the test a little while later after Zero and (Y/n) turned in their exam.

            Amazingly, the teacher had graded the exams in the speed of light and was about to announce if our class exams average had passed. (Y/n) felt a tinge of nervousness creep through her stomach. Yuki had her face in her hands. Zero just had on his usual poker face.

"Well, we were close...." started off the teacher.

            Kaseumi, the Day Class President, glared at (Y/n) and Yuki.

"-to passing... just one point away from passing. One exam bought the class average down. I will not name that person. It seems like our class have the honors to decorate for the upcoming ball!" ended the teacher.

Over half of the class groaned at the news.

Yuki slumped in her desk, "Ah... I think I was that one person."

(Y/n) shrugged, "It's alright, Yuki, I mean it could be anyone. Decorating for the ball can't be that bad, right?"

Yuki then perked up, "It will be fun, (Y/n)!"

Zero rolled his eyes at Yuki and grumbled, "You mean boring..."

            The trio then went to the place the ball was being held at. Boxes of decorations littered the place. The Day Class students were all pitching in to perfecting the decorations in place.. Yuki found streamers lying around and started dancing in front of (Y/n) and Zero exclaiming, "This will be loads of fun!"

(Y/n) rubbed the back of her neck replying, "Oh... Sure."

            Zero and (Y/n) helped set several colorful banners up. The place looked almost extravagant with the decorations. Yuki helped bring the tables in with a couple of other Day Class students and helped set them up with silverware and plates. A beautiful white vase of scarlet roses were placed on each round table.

           (Y/n) and Zero were about to hang up the last of the banners, until (Y/n)'s grasp slipped from the ladder. (Y/n) prepared herself for the impact to the ground, but she found herself still in the air, in the arms of a Pureblood: Kaname.

            (Y/n) did not see Kaname enter the ballroom. Zero glared at how the Pureblood managed to catch (Y/n) before him. Kaname smiled, "Please be careful, (Y/n)... Do not hurt yourself before the ball. I wish to save a dance with you at the ball,"

(Y/n) blushed, "You wish to dance with me?"

Kaname chuckled softly, "Is that a crime?"

(Y/n) got out of Kaname's arms and muttered, "Oh! No. I was just surprised..."

"See you at the ball then my darling (Y/n)..." whispered Kaname into (Y/n)'s ear.

          Zero had his fists clenched and was about to take his gun out, but he remembered (Y/n)'s plead to not hurt Kaname.

           Kaname looked over to Zero with cold eyes and walked towards the silver haired boy. Zero glared daggers at Kaname. Kaname muttered under his breath, so only Zero could hear,

"I am only keeping you alive, because of (Y/n) and Yuki.. mostly, (Y/n)... Enjoy your life while you can,"

           Zero hated the arrogance of the Pureblood. How dare that vampire think he could stand a chance against himself..

           The Pureblood then walked out briskly, after flashing a smile to (Y/n). Yuki was hiding and blushing excessively at the sight of Kaname. (Y/n) was shocked at the request of the Pureblood wanting to dance with her. His voice still echoed through her thoughts...

"See you at the ball then my darling (Y/n)..."

[ VOTE / COMMENT ]

AUTHOR NOTE:

It is close to the end to this fanfic, there will be multiple endings, one for each of the Night Class students and Zero of your choice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 3.3K 30
[UNEDITED] Zero Kiryu hears of a new Night Class student attending Cross Academy. When the new student doesn't show up with the rest of the Night cla...
7.3K 380 18
Mizuki Cross is a hotheaded individual with the calm Kaname Kuran consistently over her shoulder. She's been feeling strange around him, but knowing...
8.9K 291 15
For years nothing changed, but that takes a turn when new vampires appear at Cross Academy. Kaname now knows what it is like to endure pain. For week...
33 1 20
A retelling of Vampire Knight where Yuki is empowered to make her own decisions: Yuki, daughter of renowned vampire hunter Kaien Cross, has been entr...