☾Chapter 14: Shadows☽

That evening, (Y/n) went to her dorm pondering on many thoughts:

"What are my feelings for these vampires?"

"Takuma is a really nice person. He is quite charming with all his manners.. Perhaps that is just how he is to everyone? I cannot see why he would be interested in someone like me..."

"Zero is someone I dearly care for.. His puzzling past just wants me to help him even more.. It hurts me to see him like this, I feel so helpless..."

"Kaname is just mysterious. He always has so many surprises.. I like how he genuinely cares about my safety. But sometimes I wish I knew what his intentions are..."

"Aido is normally a flirt.. But why does he keep insisting to keep teasing me...? Sometimes I cannot tell if he's serious or not."

"Shiki's the silent type, but he shows how he feels through action like how he gave me that Pocky box... Actions do speak louder than words.."

"Akatsuki hasn't really approached me much, but I sometimes see him glancing at my way then looking away..It seems like he wants to tell me something...."

"Why am I put into such a dilemma?!" sighed (Y/n) in stress.

        She then decided to go ask the Headmaster more about Zero's past despite being out past curfew. After walking through many long dark corridors, she reached to the Headmaster's office. Right then, Headmaster Cross opened the door and said in surprise, "Oh! Miss (Y/n)! What are you doing here?"

       (Y/n) answered, "I wanted to discuss something with you Headmaster....about Zero's past...."

        Headmaster Cross inquired, "Whatever for? You do know it is past curfew, young lady!"

         (Y/n) then spoke in a serious quiet voice, "I know that Zero is a Level E vampire...."

          The Headmaster sighed in sadness, "Ah... I will not ask you how you found that out.. Come in, come in (Y/n). I shall tell you then.."

           (Y/n) sat down on a plush chair and listened to the Headmaster begin speak.

            "Zero is not really my actual blood son... I adopted him along with Yuki. Zero's real family were attacked by a female Pureblood vampire named Shizuka Hio, who killed Zero's parents and turned Zero into a vampire." stated the Headmaster in a grave tone.

(Y/n) clenched her hands into fists, "How dare this vampire take everything from Zero!!"

She quickly asked with a tang of anger in her voice, "Is Shizuka Hio still alive?"

           The Headmaster paused for a moment and answered with a small frown, "That I do not know of... I am sorry (Y/n)..."

           (Y/n) bowed, "Well... Thank you sir for telling me of Zero's past." She was just about to leave when an unexpected certain Pureblood vampire walked in stating, "Headmaster Cross, I must speak to you,"

             It was no other than Kaname. He looked at (Y/n) and softly smiled, "Good evening, (Y/n).."

(Y/n) blushed a little, "I'll be leaving Headmaster Cross,"

             She exited the office and walked a couple of steps down the hall. But at that moment, she stopped when she overheard Kaname's conversation with the Headmaster about Zero.

"Headmaster Cross, I propose Zero be transferred to the Night Class... He is already at his vampiric stage of transformation. I do not wish him to bring upon harm on the Day Class students if he cannot control his hunger." stated Kaname.

(Y/n) gasped, "Zero put into the Night Class?!"

Then the Headmaster asked, "What was that?"

            (Y/n) quickly sped off to the Night Class dorms to clarify if Kaname really was going to transfer Zero to the Night Class. It was quite a way from the Headmaster's office to the Night Class dormitories. On the way, she bumped into someone: Aido.

Aido smiled, "Well hello (Y/n)-chan! Missed me?"

             (Y/n) frowned, "Pfft. As if I'd ever! I wanted to ask you something Aido... Is Kaname really going to transfer Zero into the Night Class? If he is, can you tell him not to?"

            The blond vampire turned serious, "I'm afraid so.. I can't do anything about it (Y/n).... You know how Lord Kaname is.. He gets it his way... Sorry (Y/n)."

(Y/n) sighed in defeat, "Oh... Thanks anyways Aido... Goodnight."

              Aido was about to offer (Y/n) to walk her to her dorm but she disappeared. The blond scoffed, "I was gonna be a gentleman and walk her to her dorm..... But she just left!"

(Y/n) had ran off to find Zero. She finally found him on the far side of the academy, alone, kneeling on the ground. He had his gun pointed towards his own head trembling in fear. (Y/n) shouted, "Zero! What are you doing?! Stop! Zero!"

               Zero gazed at (Y/n) in sadness, "Please (Y/n)... Kill me... I'm going to always be a monster no matter what (Y/n).... I don't want to hurt you because of what I am... I can kill you, therefore kill me before who knows what will happen in the future.."

              He shoved his gun into (Y/n) hands. (Y/n) cried, "No! You're not a monster! How many times must I repeat myself?! You are not a monster... You will never hurt me because of what you are... What will hurt me is if you hurt yourself..."

              Zero hugged (Y/n) and whispered, "Thank you, (Y/n)... Whenever I am on the brink of madness... You always come to save me, but I want to be the one to protect you, not the other way around.."

(Y/n) soothed, "You always have been the one protecting me Zero... Please don't ever do this to yourself again... Promise?"

            Zero let out a sigh, "....I promise, (Y/n)." He still had a depressed look on his face, as (Y/n) rubbed his back in comfort.

~

         Meanwhile, the Pureblood Kaname has returned to his own private office after requesting Headmaster Cross to transfer Zero to the Night Class. He was opening some letters, but cut his finger on accident with his letter opener. The vampire glanced at a photo  on his desk of Zero and Yuki that he had found in Yuki's possession. A dark shadow crossed his elegant face..

        Without hesitation, he stabbed the image of Zero with his letter opener in a silent outrage and whispered threateningly, "You've caused enough problems by biting my dear (Y/n),"

[ VOTE / COMMENT ]