☾Chapter 2: Greetings☽

The quiet walk seemed like forever as (Y/n) trailed behind Zero. After several turns in the spacious halls of the academy, Zero stops abruptly in front of a large door and opens it.

   "Zero! Where were-?! Oh!" exclaimed a cheery voice that belonged to a short brown haired girl who wore the same black uniform as Zero.

   "Who do we have here, Zero? Ah! The new student I presume? Come in, come in! Welcome!" beckoned a long blond haired man with glasses in a lavishing headmaster uniform.

   (Y/n) cautiously entered, taking an empty seat across the smiling blond man, who had his hair up in a ponytail.

   "Yes. Hello, I am the new student, (Y/n) (L/n). You must be Headmaster Cross. Thank you for accepting my enrollment here, sir." began (Y/n) formally.

   Headmaster Cross smiles warmly, "Ah yes, I need you to fill in some more information about yourself," He hands (Y/n) a few sheets of paper (more like a pile) with a smile still on his face.

(Y/n) accepts the papers, skimming through them..

   "I hate paperwork.." (Y/n) thought to herself.

Zero sighed, "How was patrol, Yuki? Anything to report?"

   The ecstatic short brown haired girl smiled, "Nothing to report really. But, can I help escort (Y/n) to her dorm with you Zero?"

Zero answered quickly, "No, I can escort (Y/n) myself.."

   The girl, Yuki, sticks her tongue out at Zero and goes over to (Y/n) greeting, "It's so great to have a new classmate! I hope we can be friends (Y/n)! I'm Yuki Cross!"

   (Y/n) responded with a light tone, "Wow, you sure have a lot of energy this late at night.. I'm sure we can get along fine,"

Zero grunted, "You can see how much I have to deal with her everyday..."

   Yuki pouts at Zero and then whispers to (Y/n), "Don't mind Zero, he's just grumpy lately. If he's rude to you just tell me! I will make sure he will stop!"

   (Y/n) nodded and smiled, "I sure will.. Headmaster Cross? May I turn in these papers to you tomorrow evening?"

   The headmaster grinned, "Of course! I do not mind!" (Y/n) bowed, as she walked up to Zero.

Zero grumbled, "Took you long enough.. Follow me to your dorm,"

   Just when Zero went to open the door to leave with (Y/n), a tall pale boy with dark brown shoulder-length hair and entrancing reddish brown eyes entered, bowing to Headmaster Cross. He wore a similar, but white, uniform.

   "Greetings Headmaster Cross," he says. He glanced at Yuki and faintly smiles. Yuki blushes, quickly looking at the ground.

   (Y/n) whispers to Zero, "Um, Zero.. who is that?"

   Zero hisses quietly, but loud enough for the boy who came in the room to hear, "That's Kaname... A stuck up debonair from the Night Class. Just avoid him,"

   The boy who came in the room gave a quick glare to Zero. (Y/n) then assumed in her head, "Zero must not like this guy one bit from the looks of it and neither does that guy like Zero...."

   The dark brown haired male then turns his gaze to (Y/n).

   He gently took (Y/n)'s left hand, that was not holding the papers, and kissed it softly.

(Y/n) felt a blush rush to her face.

   He then let go and smiled to (Y/n), "Welcome to Cross Academy, (Y/n).. I hope you will enjoy being here," (Y/n) stammered in surprise, "Oh! Thank you, K-Kaname,"

   Kaname suddenly got closer to (Y/n). He was several inches away from her face, as he lowly whispers into her ear, "You're an interesting one..."

   Before (Y/n) could respond, Zero roughly took (Y/n)'s hand and dragged her out the room.

(Y/n) complains, "H-hey...! What was that for, Zero?!"

Zero grumbles, "I can't stand that... creature.."

(Y/n) thought she misheard him...

"Creature..?" (Y/n) whispered.

Zero grunted, "Forget it..."

   (Y/n) realized Zero was still holding her hand, as he pulled her along the corridors. His hand felt warm around her hand. (Y/n) silently thought to herself, "Zero may be all cold and distant, but he does have a strange way showing that he cares."

   Finally, they both stopped in front of a small door. Zero carefully places (Y/n)'s bag outside the door and dully said, "Tomorrow, you must start getting ready for your first day in the Day Class. Yuki will be bringing your uniform..."

   (Y/n) blushed a light tint of pink, "Um.. Zero? You're still holding my hand..."

Zero realized it, letting go of her hand quickly, growling, "Don't be late to class,"

He turned and walked down the dark corridor.

(Y/n) chuckles, "Zero's cute in his own way I guess he's not that bad.."

   (Y/n) picked up her bag and went inside her dorm. (Y/n) placed the pile of papers that she needed to fill out on the night stand. She began unpacking everything in her bag: daily necessities and clothes.

   It was very late after a while of unpacking, so (Y/n) went to bed.

   "I wonder why Zero seems to hate Kaname? And why did Zero call Kaname... a creature? Or did I just misheard?" as (Y/n) wondered to herself.

Before she could think anymore, she fell asleep to her own thoughts.

[ VOTE / COMMENT ]