Obsidian Butterfly | Hunter X...

By The_Red_Line

Greetings humans. I am terribly sorry for the fact that this fan fiction, created by the author, has no desc... More

Act One
Episode I
Episode II
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI
Episode VII
Episode VIII
Episode IX
Episode X
Episode XI
Act Two
Episode XII
Episode XIII
Episode XIV
Episode XV

Episode III

11.5K 491 418
By The_Red_Line

I walked around the old human's blimp as I activated my autopilot mode while sinking deeper unto my thoughts. I would say that this airship is fairly maintained and well air-conditioned, judging by the absence of dirt and coolness of the air present.

Quite a few moments ago, the old human who's name was apparently Netero --not that I had a single bit of care-- told us that he was the chairman and whatnot. Spitting out nonsense, like we are free to do whatever until we reach our next exam point, and etcetera. To be honest, I barely listened to his apparent speech, I mean, why should I listen to a mere human's words? Ridiculous.

Again, I was the only one that passed the actual Phase Two.
I've never set fire to a creature actually, and I don't know how to use a knife properly, and by proper, I mean not killing. For heaven's sake, I don't even know what's 'pig' or 'pork'. I simply followed the other humans' path and finally saw a 'pig,' and killed it. Simple as that.

Hmm, why did the human judge felt pleased of my creation? I only sliced it into an interesting shape and added leafy edible objects at the side. I didn't came up with the recipe actually, for I remember stealing something similar to what I presented. So perhaps, I copied the taste of the food I stole?

It's not that marvelous, right? I'm just a beginner. I simply steal food for amusement, because after the tortuous years of my imprisonment, I surpassed a human's necessary daily intake of food. I barely ate, so I still do wonder why am I, after all these years, still existing in this pathetic world they call Earth.

Oh well.

I finally shut down my thoughts and realized that I have reached the location on which humans cook their food. I blinked three times before I headed towards the bench that was right beside the clear wide window that showed the sparkling lights of city.

I sat down inaudibly and rested my chin on my hand.

I stared at the view below, and ran my fingertips at the smooth surface of the glass window. The city lights certainly look like dazzling jewels, but I don't necessarily need to like it, right?

For me, the view isn't the city, but the dimly shimmering stars in the night sky. The moon like a perfect circle as she watches the city with sadness lanced in her caring eyes. The stars like fireflies as they give everlasting light. Can't humans see that they're killing their own planet? Perhaps not, humans are just too stupid for words.

Tapping the table that went with the bench, I started to hum a classical tune that my mother used to sing for me, that is, until that day. Slowly I closed my eyes and got lost in the fresh memory of my past. Still, I never stopped singing her lullaby.

Mom, I miss you.

=Gon's P.O.V.=

"I-iteee! That chef really didn't hold back, I mean, kicking us out?! We just wanted food!" Killua grumbled and gave a 'hmpf' as he folded his arms. Glaring at door for a moment before he turned around to face me. "Hey Gon, I got something for you~" He raised his voice up an octave higher.

I blinked and tried to read his thoughts, then failing miserably when I realized that I couldn't read minds. "Nani?" I finally asked. The best friend smirked and pulled out a chicken leg. "Tada!" He held out a peace sign. "I got one for me too!" He suddenly pulled another one, and I widened my eyes.

"Woah! Suge, Killua!!! When did you got them?" I asked, still awestruck. Killua scratched his head, "When he wasn't looking?" Then a tiny shade of pink dusted his cheeks. "Stop it, it's embarrassing!"

I placed put my tongue and grinned, "Okay~" I ended with a teasing tone. Killua's probably gonna get revenge back for teasing him like that, you can't blame me! It's just so fun to tease Killua!

Surprisingly, he just rolled his eyes. Killua handed me the chicken. I thanked him eagerly and he looked away, muttering a 'you're welcome.'

As I was to bite it, Killua suddenly perked up. "Ne Gon, did you-?" I nodded quickly. Somehow, we heard a person singing a lullaby. Which is weird, because no one is here other than us in the moment.

Killua suddenly gasped.

"Gon, look!" He pointed behind me. I raised my eyebrow and faced the direction where he pointed. I widened my eyes again, as I face-palmed myself mentally. How couldn't I notice that there actually was someone here other than us two.

It was the boy, also known as, #1. I just recently discovered that he was the first in every thing so far. He was the first to arrive for the Hunters' Exam, first to reach the ending of the tunnel, and the first one to finish the Second Phase. I don't know about the ending of Phase One, but I think he was also the first.

He was so amazing! I literally could make him my idol, but...Killua told me that he was a bad person. I don't believe that. I think he's just lonely...

"Killua, isn't this the perfect chance to befriend him?" Killua gave me an incredulous look. He grasped my shoulders and shocked me like a rag-doll. "Are. You. Crazy?!" I shook my head.

"C'mon Killua, he looks destroyed and alone..."

=Killua's P.O.V.=

Destroyed and alone? Could Gon have realized the same thing when he befriended me? The way Gon described that boy sounded so similar to what I once was. I haven't told Gon my past life. Hopefully he will believe me. Hopefully he won't freak out like the other people.

I was worried because Gon really wanted to befriend him, but somehow, I ended up saying yes. If I wanted to be a friend of Gon, I should respect his decision...

I guess I did the right thing because Gon gave me a big smile in return. "Yey! Ikkou Killua, let's go introduce ourselves." Gon ran towards the boy and as he did, the boy stopped singing the sweet lullaby. I raised my eyebrow by his action, but I shrugged my shoulders in the thought and started to walk towards them.

As I neared, Gon practically shouted at the boy. "Hi!!!" The boy slowly faced Gon, yet his scary appearance did not waver him a bit. "I'm Gon, and this is Killua! What's your name?" He greeted enthusiastically.

=3rd Person's P.O.V.=

The boy stared at Gon as if he were an alien. Well, obviously, a mere human, had the guts to ask him such? The boy simply scoffed and went back to staring at the night sky. Killua frowned at the boy's reaction. How rude and extremely disrespectful.

Gon, however, didn't stop pestering the boy. He continued to ask the same question and even added one more. It was if he wanted to be friends with them.

Gon was certainly annoying the boy, yet the boy didn't make his irritation obvious. It reached to the point where the boy's patience broke, although, he still didn't show any emotion to Gon. He whipped his head around to face Gon, dead in the eye. He titled his head up, so Gon would see his only visible eye.

His only normal eye.

"Look." His tone was filled with malice, but you couldn't detect the anger lanced with it. "Can't you see that you're so annoying?" He stated in pure monotone, though it had a rising intonation at the end. "Are you that stupid? Or perhaps you have a really thick skull?" The boy placed his right leg over his left, by the action, he looked like a king.

Killua's eyes narrowed. He stepped in between the two to stop the anger rising in the boy. Killua did admit to himself that Gon acted quite stupidly. He also agreed that he was annoying, but somehow in the middle of those lines, he sensed that the boy would injure Gon. So he quickly stopped the boy by interrupting them.

"Stop it. Gon, say sorry." Killua cut in.

Gon pouted, "Eh? Doushite Killua?"

"You're annoying him."

"Mou, it's you that annoyed him, Killua! You interrupted our conversation!"

"What conversation?!!"

Soon, two boys started to quarrel upon who's fault was it. Apparently, the noise was threatening to break the boy's ear, that he left, without a sound or even an evidence that he was with them. "Humans are incredibly lucky..." He stated to no one in particular.

"If the other one didn't intervene, I would have killed the loud-mouthed one. Hmm, well, I would've ended both their lives. How lucky, I spared their worthlessness."

===

The boy went straight to the V.I.P. Room were the previous examiners ate. He quietly entered without the knowledge of the examiners, and decided to observe their conversation, as he hid himself amongst the shadows created by the light.

"Yeah, I know right? This year's participants are really good, although I did fail nearly all of them at a certain point." Menchi, one of the two examiners of Phase Two, complimented as it went with a slight chuckle.

Satoz, the first examiner, agreed with Menchi. "Yes, they really are. Especially couple of them were certainly better than the rest." He said as he took out a handkerchief to wipe his mouth, if he even has one.

Menchi squealed, "Yeah! Did you notice that some of them even had this 'aura', amongst them?" She giggled as she remembered a question she's been wanting to know this whole time. "Ne Satoz, who are you keeping an eye on?" She questioned him excitedly.

Satoz paused to think, then answered her as calm as ever. "I am partial to #99." He stated. Menchi raised her eyebrow to his answer, then gave her snarky opinion. "I think he looks like a brat." She said with a slight frown.

"I think #294 has a good chance." She added, then faced her partner who was practically devouring his eleventh plate. "How 'bout you, Buhara?" She asked him, completely used to his eating habits.

Buhara took a moment before he answered her, as he had to swallow the food inside his mouth. "#44." He answered. "I'm not sure if you guys noticed this but, just earlier, when the guy was angering Menchi, it was actually #44 who had the killer intent." He pointed out sharply.

Hiding in the shadows of the room, the boy almost gave a tiny smirk. He also noticed that fact, of course, since it was quite obvious. Although, amongst all that, not one examiner noticed the boy.

But the question is, why?

Menchi snorted as she stabbed an innocent meatball and bit it. "Of course I noticed it. Ne Buhara, did you know that, he was like that ever since we showed up?" Buhara raised his eyebrow, silently asking Satoz if was she said was true. To his response, he received a single, curt nod.

After Menchi spoke, Satoz gave a long speech about the similarities and differences of them and Hisoka. The boy placed his arm over the other, still not believing that until now, not one human noticed him. Finally, thinking it was time to reveal his presence, he stepped out of the shadows.

"Ne..." All three faced the boy with obvious shock written on their faces. The boy really wanted to laugh at the pathetic humans' expressions, but he decided to continue in monotone. "...aren't you forgetting someone?"

Menchi nearly screamed, Buhara nearly choked, and Satoz nearly grew a mouth.

"I-it's you! The only person that passed my expectations!"

The boy released a frightening aura, but the three Nen experts, weren't as affected. "Don't. Call. Me. Person." He growled darkly, which sent shivers to three.

"I am not like you pathetic creatures. If anything, I am better." The boy walked towards the door and before he left, he paused and turned his head back at them. "Oh, and by the way, thanks for the additional information about your perspectives on the applicants." Then, a slam of the door.

The three glanced at each other warily, as they silently had a conversation.

That boy does not know Nen, but...it was like he unconsciously mastered it.

===

The boy wasn't tired or sleepy. He really wasn't. So he decided to walk around the blimp until he gets the want to sleep. As he neared a corridor, he heard grunts and smacks.

Out of curiosity, he walked towards the sound and found himself in front of a double door. He --without hesitating-- pushed the doors open and spotted a wide space of matter with an old human --Netero-- and the two annoying humans --Gon and Killua-- fighting? No, sparring, perhaps.

Suddenly the old human noticed the boy as he had a smile on --that meant something's about to happen and it probably won't be good-- on his face. "Hey boy~" This led to Gon and Killua to stop and blink rapidly at his direction. Are??? When did he get there?

The boy titled his head, "What?" He said in the same robotic voice. Netero had the closed-eye smile the entire time. "What to play? All you need to do is get the ball on my hand. If you win, you'll immediately be a hunter." He said with a chuckle.

The boy stared at the worthless human --that perhaps had the guts to taunt him-- with an unreadable expression.

"Sure, why not?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
280K 9.1K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
150K 5.4K 89
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
147K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...