The New Boy

By oliviamarie08

When good girl, Haley Olsen, gets involved with the new player in town, Cody Cunningham, her life will get tu... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Four

5.7K 142 7
By oliviamarie08

Pleeeeeasseee vote comment and fan<3 Love all my readers! xoxo olivia

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

We pulled up to Signal Hill and Cody parked back wards so we could sit in the bed of his truck and look over the city. I crawled up close between his legs and layed my head on his warm shoulder. I let my eyes rest and felt his breathing going up and down. "Isn't this cool?" Cody whispered as I was falling asleep. 

"Yeah I love it. Thank you for bringing me here." I looked up and he smiled at me then wandered his eyes back onto the gazing city. Even though it was loud because of all the cars, people, and music, it was a muting sound. I turned to face Cody and I usually look at his incredibly jaw line, perfectly toned arms, and glossy sweet green eyes. Right now I was looking a lot past that, I was looking at his unforgiving conscious that eats at him, his stubbornness and how he always blocks me out, and his eyes that have seen something that shouldn't have. I set my hand on his knee and rubbed light circles. " Why do you come here?" 

"Usually to get away. I had a place just like this in Vegas. The loud silence just clears my mind and I look at situations or desions a different way." his jaw clenched after he let out a big yawn. 

"to get away from what?" I looked into his green eyes and they began to sulk. He looked down breaking our eye contact. 

"The past." His voice was stern and he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"I try to run from my past but it always comes back into my face. I try to run from the fact that I use to have to be perfect and went to every extent to be that because the guy I loved, when at least I thought I loved, made me feel that being a twig with a thigh gap and flat stomache was the only thing considered pretty. I try to run from the pressure to be just as successful and caring as my sister is. " I started to cry, warm tears that slipped down my face. " I try to ignore and sprint away from the fact that my dad could give a shit about me and won't even send me one letter to see how I am doing. How would you feel as a 10 year old, having your mom tell you your dad was gunna come and see you and wait outside for 7 hours on your birthday and have him never show up." I sobbed and Cody grabbed me. I tried to catch my breath and Cody shooshed me while combing his fingers slowly through my hair. 

"I'm so sorry baby." He pulled me back so I was facing him. He had both of his huge hands on either side of my face, every once in a while taking his finger and swiping a tear away. 

"I try to run but eventually I get tired." He pulled my head to his chest and I grabbed onto his shirt quietly shedding tears. We sat like this for about 20 minutes and I pulled back with swollen eyes.

"I love you and you know that. You don't need to be perfect for me because you already are." Before he could say anything else I leaned in to kiss him. He grabbed the back of my head pushing me into him. I have kissed many people before and with Cody, I feel like I am at peace and nothing else matters. 

~*Codys POV*~

As her tongue slipped into my mouth, I felt the pain of everything she just told me in her kiss. It broke my heart to see her pour her heart out to me. I felt her pull on my wrist and so I scooted forward still kissing her and I could feel her hand guiding down my scars. I didn't lash out because I knew this was her expressing her pain to me. I stopped and pulled back, immediately she let go of my scars. "I love you so much, i hope you know that." She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and hugged me tight. I grabbed her with both of my arms and hugged back tighter. I stroked her blonde hair that went what it seemed like forever. 

"Hey Cody?" She startled me after practically falling asleep in my arms. She turned her head which was on my lap, looking up at me with those mysterious blue eyes. 

"Yeah?" 

"What's your secret?" My heart dropped into my stomache. I tried to act cool. If Drake told her, I was going to beat the living shit out of him. She had to understand, I couldn't lose her like I lost everyone else.  I didn't answer due to my powering thoughts so she continued with her question. "Like what does no one know you love to do?" I sighed in relieved. 

"I don't know..." I laughed, "Why? What's yours?" She looked up and laughed. Making her nose wrinkle up which was so god damn cute. 

"I like to sing." She said while looking over the city. Looking back up to meet my eyes she chuckled. "I know it's stupid, but I use to sing with my dad when I was little so I feel like its the only thing we have in common anymore." 

"Sing for me." I said, tickling her stomache which made her laugh really hard. 

"No! I have to have my guitar and everything but I will, which is pretty special, I have only sang for Izzie and Monica once." She sat up, with her hair messy everywhere. 

"What about tommorrow? I can get some Pick Up Stix and come over." I placed my hand on her thigh. She blushed and looked up like she couldn't believe she just told me that she likes to sing. 

"Fine but you have to get two fortune cookies!" She laughed and grabbed my cheeks. I pulled her waist so she was underneath me. I placed my hand, rubbing circles on her exposed stomache due to her shirt pulling up slightly. She grabbed the hem of my shirt pulling it over my head. I leaned down kissing her neck which made her say my name in a high voice which made me chuckle onto her neck. She pulled my head back to her lips and I kissed her until breaking it to grab into the glove box for whatever this was leading to.... 

-The next morning-

~*Haleys POV*~

I woke up to my head laying on Cody's bare chest. I was wrapped around a blanket and I guess my awakening woke him up, his light eyelashes flickered a few times before his green eyes were use to the sun. "Good morning" He said in his low morning voice. 

"Morning! Oh shit I need to get home!" I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost noon. We both got up and I realized I had no top on so Cody, laughing at my shocked face, handed me my shirt. We got into his truck and he drove me home. We blasted paradise by Coldplay and he rolled down his windows. We took the coast down cause he knows how I love the beach. We pulled up to my house and he reached over kissing me and not letting me get out of the car. Once I escaped, I ran up to my door.

"Hellllllo?" I said, hoping for no response.

"Where were you last night!?" My mom shouted while coming out of the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and walked to my room. "Haley!" 

I turned, "I was with Cody because I am almost 18 mom! I can actually go out late... I know you are trying to be like Dad but it's  not working!" Her face suddenly turned from angry to hurt. "Mom... no you know I didn't mean that..." I walked up and tried to hug her but she pushed me away and walked into her bedroom.

I shoved my hand into my face because of what I just did. I really hurt her but I mean I was being honest. She never cared when Carly wanted to go out, only dad did. I walked up to my bed room and took a shower. I got out, took off my makeup and put on some pjs to take a nap. I texted Cody "Hey come over at like 5, I'm gunna take a quick nap. see you then xoxo"

*5 hours later* 

I felt someone shake me and became startled. My eyes slowly opened to see Cody with Chinese foods in his hand and a huge smile on his face. "Wakey Wakey..." He laughed. I then realized, I had absolutely no make up on and no bra. Fuck. "Sorry for my appearance, I must have slept through my alarm..."

"You look perfect, now eat." He handed me a fork and a small box which had noodles in it. I searched the bag for fortune cookies. I finally found them and tossed one to Cody. 

"Okay you first!" I said, he just smiled and cracked open the small vanilla cookie. He read it to himself then chuckled. "Read it out loud!" 

"Look around. You have everything you have ever wanted, don't let yourself let it slip out of your hands." 

~*Codys POV*~

I do have everything I want. I have Haley. I can't let her slip out of my hands because of my fucking past. I looked up and saw her all giddy with her fortune cookies. "okay now open yours" I said, still thinking about the fortune I got. 

She read the fortune cookie and started to laugh really hard. "You have never met a chocolate you didn't like. Is this like a fat joke?" I started to laugh. 

"Well, little missy, you promised to sing me a song and I do think thats your guitar over there?" She looked over to her guitar and shook her head at me. "Come on please." 

"Ugh only for you." She got up and reached on her shelf for her guitar which gave me a nice view of her butt. She turned and caught me. "You perv!" My face turned red and she just laughed. 

Haley's room was very calming with the red and gray walls and candles. She grabbed her pick and sat on the floor of her room. The yellow sunset glazed on her and you could see the dust particles around her. She was wearing a tank top with a sun and moon on it with pajama shorts. Her blonde, naturally wavy, hair nearly touched the ground. Her face was nude without makeup which was really beautiful and she started to play Island in the Sun by Weezer. Her voice was so on pitch and beautiful. She would chuckle in between and still sound incredible. "That was amazing Haley." She looked up and smiled. 

"I haven't sang that song for years..." She laughed and went to put back her guitar. I came up behind and nuzzled my head into her neck. She cringed because she was ticklish and I tackled her onto her bed playfully. 

She managed to get on top of me and her long blonde hair fell around my head and her blue and yellow eyes were staring down at me. I leaned up to kiss her and grabbed her waist pulling her under me, making her lightly scream. We were both laughing and her chest was raising and lowering rapidly. I kiss her lightly and pull out saying, "I know your birthday is coming up." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.1K 1.2K 35
Amber is a completely normal girl. She sings at parties, goes out with her best friend Stacy and is one of the most popular people in school, but sen...
1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
1.8K 52 15
What would you do when you wake up on your birthday to find your parents gone? Midnight didn't know how to react. Men came for her and she listened t...
16.3K 454 36
How would you feel if the person you swore to hate forever asks you to fake a relationship with him for three months? Meet Allison Jacobs, but you ca...