Living A Lie (Completed)

By Mys_AJ

SECOND BOOK OF THE WEREWOLF PRINCESS SERIES! (Sequel to A Rejected Princess) I suggest reading that book firs... More

Living A Lie
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Spin-off
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12. 1
Chapter 12. 2
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Not An Update
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER
Riley's book

Chapter 9

64.4K 2.8K 236
By Mys_AJ

Audrey

Jacobs' and I didn't start driving back to the Midnight Howler's territory until 8 a.m. We stayed at the cafe until 5 a.m., then Jacobs had the idea to drive to a cliff and watch the sunrise. It was so beautiful, but the sunlight blinded me.

Anyways, we were only a few minutes away from the pack house when Jacobs spoke up. "Do we need to sneak back into the house?" he questioned.

I shrugged. We snuck out for fun, and there's not really a point to sneak back in. "Nope. Someone will probably hear the car anyway" I stated. Honestly, I was going as fast as this car would take me. I love driving this thing. We put the roof down, so wind was blowing everywhere. It felt amazing. If I ever steal a car again, it would be this one.

"I wonder who's car this is" I mused while turning. The pack house came into view and I slowed down. "They might be mad that we stole their car" I said with a laugh. It seems weird to steal a car to get coffee and watch the sunrise, then bring it back.

Jacobs chuckled. "Technically, we didn't steal it. We're bringing it back, so we just borrowed it" he corrected me. "Besides, if someone gets mad; we can just tell Alpha Stewart. He'll vouch for us" he stated.

I smiled. "Everyone vouches for you" I responded. He told me that the King vouched for him after he kidnapped Eve. No one could really do anything when the King was on his side, so he got off free, kinda. Everyone hated him, and he occasionally got beat up; but they eventually warmed up to him.

As we got closer to the pack house, I could hear yelling. There were two male voices. I recognized one of them as Alpha Stewart. "What are they saying?" Jacobs asked. I shrugged and continued to drive.

I parked in front of the pack house where Alpha Stewart was having a heated argument with another guy. The guy's back was facing us, and neither of them noticed us. "Don't be mad?!" the guy shouted. I shivered at his voice. "Someone stole my fucking car!" he shouted.

"Actually, we just borrowed it" I spoke up. Their heads snapped towards me and I looked down at the ground. "I brought it back. It just has less gas" I muttered.

I heard footsteps as someone neared me. "Don't blame her" Jacobs said as he appeared in front of me. "We didn't know it was your car. We brought it back, no damage was done. I'll even give you money for the gas" he offered.

Frowning, I tucked my hair behind my ear. It was my idea to take the car. Jacobs shouldn't have to pay for gas. "Move" the guy demanded. From my peripheral vision, I saw Jacobs bow his head and move to the side. He kept his eyes glued on me.

The guy moved forward until his black shirt covered my vision. "Look at me" he ordered. I defiantly kept my eyes on the ground. "I said look at me" he repeated.

Suddenly, my courageous side decided to make an appearance. "Not until you ask nicely" I retorted. Where's Casey when I need her? Unfortunately, I still can't feel Casey or use my powers; which makes this the worst time to be brave.

"Please look at me" the guy said stiffly. I tsked him and shook my head. That didn't sound nice enough. The guy sighed. "Can you please look at me?" he asked softly. God, his voice makes me want to melt.

Slowly, I tilted my head up to look at him. I had to crane my neck to see his face. I gasped as our eyes met. He had amazing blue eyes that were staring right at me. I freely took in all his features. He was at least half a foot taller than me. He had light brown hair that was messy from him probably running his hands through it. I had an urge to run my hand through his beautiful hair.

I'm guessing he had the same urge. He moved my hair back and cupped my cheek making a familiar firey feeling erupt on my skin. "You're so damn beautiful" he mumbled while rubbing his thumb on my cheek. Tingles were forming as his hand stayed on my face.

I found myself sighing in content. Why do I feel tingles? "He's your mate" Jacobs answered my unasked question. "Alpha Thomas. I'm Jacobs, Audrey's personal guard" he introduced himself.

The guy removed his hand from my face, making the tingles stop. He walked towards Jacobs. "Yes. I know. I'm glad that you're my mate's guard. And just call me Thomas" he said while shaking hands with Jacobs.

"Hey! You guys have the same name!" I exclaimed. They both looked at me and I felt embarrassed. My cheeks heated up as I covered my face with my hair.

The guy walked back to me and lifted my chin up. The tingles once again filled my skin. "I'm Thomas Laney, future Alpha of the Midnight Howlers and you're mate" he stated.

My heart-rate sped up. "I'm Audrey Reynolds, the girl that borrowed your car" I introduced myself with a small smile.

Thomas smiled and brushed my hair back. "You can borrow my car anytime. What's mine is yours" he said softly. Damn. He'll never get his car back then.

"I would hate to interrupt" Stewart stated. "But the Queen is currently having a meltdown in my kitchen because she can't find her daughter" he informed us.

Nodding, I moved away from Thomas. I walked into the pack house and went straight to the kitchen. I saw Gardenia attempting to calm down her hysterical mother. I cleared my throat, but they didn't hear me. "I can't believe we lost her again" Eve cried out.

Frowning, I took a few steps closer. "Hello?" I called out. Are they deaf?

Eve continued to cry while Gardenia wrapped her arms around her mother. "I can't do this again. I can't go through that again" Eve sobbed.

"Queen?" I sang. "Eve?" I said as I got closer. I guess they can't hear over her loud crying. "Mom!" I shouted.

The crying stopped as Gardenia pulled away from Eve and slowly turned around. "Thank god, you're okay!" Eve exclaimed as she ran towards me. She wrapped her arms around me as she breathed in my scent.

I awkwardly hugged her back. "I just went out with Jacobs" I stated.

Eve frowned as she stopped hugging me. "And he didn't tell me?!" she shouted. "Ugh. I'm gonna tell Hope and he'll get an ass-whoopin'" she declared.

"First of all, I told him not to tell you" I informed her with an apologetic smile. "Second of all, did you just say 'ass-whoopin'?" I questioned. I don't think I've ever heard someone say that before.

She happily nodded. Before she had the chance to respond, my body was filled with tingles. Immediately, a smile made it's way on my face. "Hey, Gar. Hello, Eve" my mate's husky voice said from behind me. Thomas was hugging me from behind, so his breath was blowing at the top of my head.

Gardenia squealed. "Alpha Thomas is your mate!" she exclaimed. "That means you'll be Luna!" she told me before turning to Thomas. "And you'll finally take over the Alpha position!"

I slowly nodded my head. I'm not really sure how to be a Luna. I stopped learning werewolf stuff years ago. All I know is that the Luna keeps the Alpha in check and is like the mother of the pack. Thomas kissed my head. "I have to help my father with something, I'll see you at the castle later" he said softly.

Spinning around, I faked a pout. "We just met and you're already keeping secrets from me?" I huffed.

Thomas chuckled, knowing that I wasn't serious. "If you must know, I'm interrogating a witch that we came across" he informed me. "I have to go now" he quickly pecked my cheek before walking to a door with his father behind him.

I guess it's the basement door. Most packs have a cellar under their pack houses. Which I think is completely unsafe. If someone escapes their cell, then pack members that live here would be in danger. Frowning, I watched as Thomas opened the door.

Suddenly, I was filled with a familiar feeling. Keith's presence. "Wait!" I called out. I quickly ran towards the basement door and went down the stairs.

"Audrey!" Thomas shouted after me. I followed my instincts and ran down the narrow walkway. There was one door at the very end. "Don't go in there!" Thomas demanded.

Ignoring my mate, I opened the door. Why wouldn't he lock it? Quickly shaking the thought out of my head, I looked around. There were torture weapons everywhere. On every single wall, there were shelves and shelves of weapons. In the corner, there was one small cell with a single bed. Keith was curled up on the bed without any blankets or pillows, and he only had boxers on. He wasn't even moving.

I ran to the cell and attempted to pull it open. "Keith!" I shouted. I was grabbed from behind and dragged away from the cell. From the tingles I knew it was my mate. Thomas carried me out the room and we were back in the small walkway. I broke away from his hold and shoved him. "What the hell?!" I yelled.

Thomas grabbed my wrists, stopping me from pushing him again. "I don't want you in there, ever again. It's dangerous" he said through gritted teeth.

It's only dangerous for the people he tortures. I shook my head and pulled my hands away from him. "Let him go" I demanded. Thomas looked at me confused. I pointed at the door that led to the torture room. "I know him. Let him go" I ordered.

"How do you know him?" someone asked from behind me.

I spun around and saw Stewart. "I lived with him most of my life. He's like family. Please let him go" I said softly. Stewart nodded and motioned for me to go in the room. I quickly brushed past my mate and ran into the torture room.

I shuddered while making my way to Keith's small cell. Stewart unlocked the cell and I went inside. Carefully, I put Keith's head on my lap. "Keith" I cooed. I brushed his brown hair off of his forehead. "Come on. It's Bay. Wake up" I said with my voice slightly cracking. "Wake up" I repeated.

"Audrey?" He coughed and some blood came out his mouth. I hushed him and wiped the blood away with my shirt. "You gotta get out of here" he said weakly.

Frowning, I ran my hand through his hair. "Come on. Get up. You need to see a doctor" I declared. Stewart helped me get Keith to a standing position. We slowly made our way out the torture room. We walked past my mate and out the basement.

Jacobs was at the top of the stairs. He gasped. "Is that Keith?" he questioned. I sadly nodded, and we started walking to the staircase.

"I mind-linked the doctor. She should be waiting for us" Stewart informed me. We got to a white room where the doctor was waiting for us.

She helped us get Keith on the bed and started looking at his body. "He's lost a lot of blood. There are definitely some broken bones" she informed us. Keith attempted to say something; but instead of words, he coughed up more blood.

I helped the doctor wipe away the blood with a wet rag. "Something might have punctured his lung. I can tell he was injected with wolfsbane, silver, or possibly a mixture of both" she declared. Why would they inject him with that stuff? He's a witch! The doctor pressed the stethoscope around his torso. "Do you know his blood type?" she asked.

I shook my head and sat down in a chair. "Just use my blood" she looked at me skeptically. "We're magically bonded. Trust me. It'll work" I said in a rush. The doctor didn't move. She looked unsure of what to do. "Do it!" I demanded.

She bowed and quickly started to get everything ready for the transfusion. Seconds later, a needle was in my arm connected to a tube. The tube ran through some machine that lets you transfer blood from human-to-human. I watched as the dark red liquid moved through the tube and into Keith's arm. After a while, the doctor unhooked me from the machine and to a blood bag.

I looked up at Stewart who was watching the scene. "Can you please get Jacobs for me?" I asked kindly. He nodded and left the room. With help from the doctor, I stood up and made my way to Keith's bedside. "Thank you" I said softly. The doctor nodded and stepped to the side.

Gently, I ran my hands over the ragged marks that covered his body. There were some cuts that weren't yet healed and a shit-load of bruises. "Audrey?" a voice said softly. I turned around to face Jacobs with a tear-stained face. He was quick to wrap his arms around me.

"H-He al-most died" I sobbed. Jacobs hushed me and rubbed my back. I can't believe that I almost lost my best friend. Jacobs whispered soothing words in attempt to calm me down.

Once I stopped crying, I wiped away the streaks of tears. Jacobs examined Keith's body. "They did a number on him" he whispered. I don't think I was meant to hear that. "Wait. Didn't you say that you feel each other's pain?" he questioned.

I nodded my head. "But I didn't feel any of this. Maybe it's because I can't use magic" I suggested.

Jacobs frowned. "And you still haven't heard from Casey?" he asked, referring to my wolf. I shook my head in response. "Is it possible that she has been taking the pain, so you wouldn't feel it?" he inquired.

Well, that is possible; but Casey has never done that before. At least I don't think she has. "Maybe" I said softly.

We fell into a comfortable silence. I carefully pushed Keith's hair away from his forehead to reveal his swollen eyes. "You know you're mate did this right?" Jacobs said hesitantly. I nodded.

"Yeah. And I swear he's gonna get a whole lot worst than what Keith got"

______________________________________________________________________________

Keith is back!!!!!!!

I wonder what Audrey is gonna do to her mate...

Anyways!

I'm at my grandparents' house; which means WIFI!!!

Rejecting A Princess got to #4 on the Werewolf 'What's Hot' List!!!!!!

Hehehehehehehe

Kayyyyzzz Byeeeezzz

~A.J.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 8.6K 60
[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf whose life is controlled by scientists. All...
28.9M 882K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
33.7K 1.3K 39
Not mature for the younger audiences. -------------------------------- I don't like explaining my books because when I do I tend to write everything...