The Babysitter / hs

By ssensation

Seventeen year old Anna goes to an interview after the last day of Junior year for a babysitting job. Little... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Tweleve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three / The End
update!!! Maybe sequel?
BOOK NUMBER TWO

Five

23.5K 499 246
By ssensation

ANNA'S POV:

I showed up at the Style's house a little too early today. I was already in town ahead of time before I was supposed to come in today and there was no point in driving all the way back home for twenty minutes then come back. So I decided to drive on over anyway, I'm sure Anne wouldn't mind.

I park my car in the usual spot and walk up to the front door. Once I've knocked two or three times, Harry shows up at the front door, giving me a questioning look as he stands out of the way and let's me in.

"Sorry I came here early, I was just already in town and there was no point in going all the way home just to get back out again and drive over here," I explain to Harry and Anne as I'm walking into the living room where she's holding Luca.

"No problem, dear. I'm actually glad you came early because I was wanting to run and pay a bill before I went in today. I was going to do it on lunch break but since you're here early I can already go!" She says excitedly.

I smile at her as she sits Luca on the floor and he plays with toys as she mumbles that she'll be right back as she leaves Harry and I in the living room with Luca.

Anne returns back quickly with her purse over her shoulder and a short sleeved brown cardigan over her maroon shirt she has on with her black dress pants.

She walks past me to pick up Luca as she says "I'm going to go ahead and head out, dear. Harry, please be on your best behavior and don't bother Anna. Text me after practice, love and thank you so much Anna, I'll see you two after I get off work today," She rushes out as she pecks Luca multiple times all over his cheeks. Leaving a little bit of red lip stain on his cheeks.

I smile as Harry says he will and I tell her goodbye.

♡♡♡

A few hours later, Luca and I finish lunch as the two of us go out to the front yard, grabbing a few of his toy trucks to bring with him.

I take a seat on the metal two-seater swing in front of the porch, thankfully is placed under the tree in the shade with this kind of heat.

I sit Luca on the ground along with his toys so he can play outside for a little while as I prop my feet up and begin to read a book I brought with me I just recently started on.

A few minutes later I hear the front door close as Harry suddenly approaches the two of us.

"What're you reading?" He asks as I look up at him, standing in front of me.

"A Message in a Bottle" I say simply.

"Nicholas Sparks?" He asks.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I give him a questioning look.

"I've just heard of it before. Thought about reading it myself." He says.

I nod and move my feet out of the other seat so Harry could sit beside me which he does. I put my bookmark where I stopped reading and close the book.

"So is it good?" Harry asks.

"I'm only a little through the first chapter so I couldn't tell you really." I say and he nods slowly. Leaning over as he places his elbows on his knees and rubs his hands together.

"Well, you seem very interested in him." He says.

"I guess I am. I've read a lot of his books and watched the movies too. He's a classic, I guess to me. My aunt used to read a lot of his books and she passed them down to me so I began reading them when I was younger." I say and he nods, listening to me as we swing.

We swing for a few more minutes until Harry stands up and walks through the yard over to where my car is parked in the driveway.

"Nice car you've got going here." He says as he walks around my car.

"Thanks,"

"Can you come pop the hood?" He asks once he's standing in front of the hood. I pick up Luca and bring him with us since it is kind of a distance from the yard to where my car is parked so Luca stands beside Harry as I open my car door and pop the trunk.

Harry opens it and begins looking under the hood, I have no clue what most of this stuff even is honestly. He closes the hood and walks around to the drivers side, opening the door and turning the engine halfway on as he then closes the door and says blankly, "You need your oil change."

"How much does that cost?" I ask.

"Well, it shouldn't cost you too much at a shop but I could do it for free." He says.

"Oh, you would do that for me?" I ask.

"Sure can," He smiles as I cross my arms over my chest.

♡♡♡

The next day I was in the living room with Luca after we just finished lunch. I haven't seen Harry all morning although he said he was going to change the oil in my car today, maybe he changed his mind.

Luca continues to play with his toys and mumble some baby words amongst himself while I watch some TV show I've never really heard of but has suddenly became interesting.

I then hear footsteps coming down the stairs, assuming it's Harry but I still remain looking at the tv.

I'm halfway laying on the couch when I hear, "Are you coming?" Close to my ears and I look up to see Harry leaning over the couch as I sit up. "Where?" I ask.

"To the shop.. To change your oil?" He says questioningly as if I was supposed to know that he was taking it to a shop.

"I thought you were doing it here? Won't it cost money at a shop?" I ask.

"Not if it's the shop I work at," He winks.

♡♡♡

I had followed Harry to the shop he supposedly works at. Harry had Luca in his car because he already had a carseat in his car so it was easier that way, plus he is Harry's little brother.

Once we arrived at the shop Harry had me pull my car up in the opened garage.

"Pop your hood," He said. I began looking around somewhere under my steering wheel and feeling around for a place where the latch might be, but I couldn't seem to find it.

"Ugh" I groan. "Now I can't find it." I say as Harry opens my drivers door and touches my hand that was down there trying to find it and his hand touched my leg lightly as he pulled the lever and the hood popped open. I looked at him with a smirk on his face as he closed my door and stood in front of my hood.

I wasn't sure exactly what he was doing or how he did it, but it only took about five minutes and during those five minutes an older man came up to Harry and I heard him say, "You aren't scheduled to be in today, boy. What are you doin'?"

"Just changing a friends oil," Harry responded as the man looked in the car through the windshield and smiled at me and waved lightly as I returned the smile.

I parked my car in it's usual spot and Harry parked in the garage. It was now 1 and Anne would be home in about four hours. Harry carried Luca in the house and then put him down in the living room.

Since I had this extra time with nothing to do I started to clean the kitchen. While I was wiping down the counters Harry came in and grabbed a drink from the refrigerator and sat at the island.

"So, do you have any plans this weekend?" Harry asked as I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"I don't think so. Why?" I asked.

"Well, a few buddies of mine like to get together and have a bonfire on the beach just a few miles down the road up here. A few people will be there and I thought you would like to come." He explains.

I would like to go, I really would but I wouldn't really know anyone there so won't that be awkward? I should see if Grace could come.

"Actually, I think I had some plans for my friend to come over."

"Boy or girl?" He asks.

"Girl," I answer.

"Oh, well she can come too." He says.

"Oh, okay. Cool. What time?" I ask cooly.

"Well, you could just come over here and ride with me? Usually, all of the people coming meet up at someone's house, my house and we all ride with each other there. And that'll give you all a chance to meet some of the guys." Harry explains as I nod along.

"Sure, sounds fun."

He stands and walks over to the cabinets.

"Oh and be here at seven by the way." He says and I nod. This does sound like fun.

♡♡♡

Soon enough it was Saturday morning and Grace has texted me seven times about the bonfire tonight. She's never been so excited for something like this but I guess it's because Grace and I don't get invited to these type of things very much and we don't have a massive friend group to do things like this with.

So I guess you could say we were really excited to be going tonight.

But I was also kind of anxious about meeting these new people I knew nothing about. I mean it's a pretty small town and most of the people in this town are really nice and cool and usually everybody knows everybody but I've only been in this town for a few years.

Grace arrives at my house and decided to just ride with me to Harry's house.

The gates to Harry's house are actually opened for once, I guess it's because Harry has some people coming over this afternoon and can't give out the code to the gate to everyone.

Grace gasps as we pull up into the familiar driveway and see's the fountain and the Styles' enormous home.

"This is definitely the biggest house in this town." She says and I chuckle. "It really is," I say.

I notice a few unfamiliar cars parked in the driveway as I park my car in the usual spot as a I see a few unfamiliar group of people standing on the front lawn. Grace and I get out of my car and she follows inside the familiar house.

I walk inside the kitchen as I see Harry and Anne standing there talking. "Annabelle, dear. I didn't know you were going with them?" She says questioningly as she gives Harry and questionable look.

"Yeah, Harry invited me a few days ago." I smile at her and shove my hands into the pocket of my black jean shorts.

"Oh, well that's wonderful!" She says ecstatically as she wraps her arms around me and I slightly wrap mine around hers and eye Harry as he grins lightly.

"And who is this?" She says after she hugs me.

"Oh, this is my friend Grace. She's coming with us." I answer

"Well, aren't you just a doll. I love your hair color!" She compliments Grace.

"That's so sweet. Thank you," Grace smiles. "Can I use your restroom?" Grace asks as Anne leaves Harry and I in the kitchen together to show Grace where the bathroom is located.

"So," Harry says awkwardly.

"Is everyone that's outside all of the people that's coming?" I ask.

"There should be a few more others coming too. but it won't be a lot of people." He says as he leans against the counter with his muscular arms crossed over his chest and his tattoos in full view as they scatter all across his arm. I nearly drool at the sight of him. He looks so.. Bad. He just looks so good right now.

He's wearing a plain white T-shirt and those dark black skintight jeans I see often and a pair of black and white converse upon his feet. His hair is tousled. His curls are everywhere, but it looks so good with his dark chocolatey brown hair, I can't help but admire him.

"I hope that's okay."

"What?" I snap out of my thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 641 56
"I bet you weren't expecting any of this when you picked two little girls up off the streets," I say dryly, remembering the first time I met them. "...
1.5K 60 32
Lily is a girl with so many hopes and dreams. But is forced to give them all up when her dad abandoned the family leaving her with only her mom, litt...
14.2K 382 42
Seventeen year old Kaitlyn has to move to England with her family for her dad's new Job, while she's there she meets one direction but little did she...
181K 3.4K 36
It all started with an work experience... Nardia had the opportunity to go to work experience at Styles Inc., working as an assistant for Harry Styl...