Have Hope

By realhc5

You've spent most of your life in foster care. Given up at a year old, you've been in and out of houses. With... More

Troubling
Someone
About You
Give it a Try
Seattle
You Look Familiar
No Boys
Run into Trouble
Love
Finally Home
Come Home
I'm A Parent
All Good
Talk
Why
Spy
Day Out
Lose You
Get You Back
Misunderstood
Officer KO
Meet The Family
Back
Pick a School
U-20
Set Sail
Champions
Together Again
The Truth
Date Night
Finally Legal
You Happened
Sign Out
Phonecall
Again
Father Figure
The Case
Relationships
Awkward
Panic
Freak Out
Letter
Future
Then Leave
Crushes
Emergency
Syd
Pain
Suspects
Remembering
The Past
Safe For Me
Morning
Chill
Think About It
Normal Life
New Friend
Winners
Family Time
Georgia
Siblings
O'
Date Night
19
Music
Talent
Fitting Song
Touring
Notes
Together At Last
Reign FC
Join the Band
Talk to Me
Mistakes
Unplanned
Surprise Visit
Fixing
Time
The Truth

That's My Daughter

12K 243 34
By realhc5

Hope's POV:

We got to the game and Y/N went to the locker room. 

"I'm excited." Christie said.

"Did I do the right thing?" I asked.

"Hope, this kid's been to hell and back. If there is anyone on this planet that can guide her through her life its you."

"What if I make it worse for her? If she sees the way the media treats me."

"She's gonna know the real Hope Solo. The media doesn't." I looked down. "I can see the way she was looking at you. You've given her a chance after 2 hours when everyone else gave up right away."

"I haven't told Jerramy yet." I said. I looked at her. "I don't know how."

The teams walked out onto the field. They took off their jackets and got ready for kick off. 

"She's number 19!" Kelley yelled. "I knew I felt a connection with this kid!"

We laughed at her. The game started. It was a quiet first 30 minutes.

"Come on!" A parent yelled next to me. 

"Hope cheer on your daughter." Sydney nudged me. "Someone already asked Ali if player #19 was her kid." 

I laughed. "Come on Y/N!" I clapped. She looked at me and smiled. "That's my girl!" She got the ball and ran. 

"Breakin ankles just like her aunt Tobin." Tobin said putting her sunglasses on.

She ran towards goal and passed it to her teammate before running again. She got the ball back and scored. 

We all jumped up and cheered for her. She jogged towards the corner flag while looking up.

"Which one is your kid?" A father asked next to me.

"Number 19." I smiled. "That's my girl!" I clapped and cheered for her. She looked at us and pointed to me. I pointed back. "My daughter." 

"JUST LIKE AUNT KELLEY!" 

"NO SHE'S LIKE AUNT SYD!" 

"We all know she's more like aunt Baby Horse." Lauren laughed. Alex pouted at the nickname. 

After the game ended, and Y/N's team won 1-0, we wanted to go out for dinner. 

"Great game kid." Amy hugged her. 

"Thanks."

I walked over and hugged her too. "You are one hell of a player."

She laughed. "I had nothing else to commit my time too except soccer."

We went to dinner and the light in her eyes was amazing. She looked so happy and the smile she had was lighting up the room.

How could anyone give up on this kid?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420K 7.4K 52
Sage is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her father. Her mother has become abusive and hasn't let Sage out of the h...
79.6K 1.2K 49
Your a high school soccer star. You have a bright future ahead of you when the USWNT comes and watch your game. They think your amazing and talented...
221K 4.1K 41
You're the hottest new coming soccer star and you just turned 18 you have all the nwsl teams calling you asking to join their team and what gets bett...
34.1K 694 15
Sequel to Your Ex. Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan have definitely had some trials with their relationship... what will happen when they meet up again to...