Running from the gang

By lovely-scorpio

In life, we do things we regret, or that we wish we could wipe from our memory forever. At the age of 15, I d... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Epilogue

Six

8.5K 300 15
By lovely-scorpio

(Edited: 12th, March 2018)

The first week had gone by so quickly, giving me some time to adjust to school. I was still struggling with Zamon at what they called the clubhouse, but that was to be expected.

I grinned as the lunch bell rang, quickly assembled my things and hurried out of the classroom. I considered going to have lunch with my old friends, but it had been beyond awkward since I'd cane back, so I texted Kyle, asking if I could have lunch with them, who quickly replied with 'yes'.

I met them at the side doors at the cafeteria, greeting them both.

"Where are we going?" I asked, trailing behind them.

"To the back of the gym. Its where our group hang out." I chuckled a little at his words. How clićhe.

"Are you the 'badboy' group or something?" I joked as we rounded the corner at the back of the gym. A group of 5 guys sat on the ground smoking, each varying looks and builds. I giggled, drawing the groups attention. They were the badboys.

"I'm sorry, I just totally called that." I said when I finished laughing.

"So, are they part of the gang?" I asked the twins in a whisper.

"Yeah, they don't live at the club house though, their parents don't know they're in the gang." I frowned, pulling a face. How the hell are their parents so oblivious to that?. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

We sat down next to the group while the twins introduced me. There was Mikey, Tyler, Dylan, Xander and Logan. We all started talking about random stuff until Logan asked me what my first tattoo was. I laughed, pulling my shirt to the side.

"Okay, so the night I went on the run, I found an envelope on my bed from Zamon. It said I had 2 options, join the gang or be 'dealt with'. When I left the house I taped a note to my door that said, I decline. So, on my sixteenth birthday, I paid a guy some extra money because I was under age, and got 'I decline' on my shoulder. That was my first tattoo."

There boys all commented on it, most telling me it was cool, but Xander thought that it was hot. I chuckled at him. We continued to talk about my tattoos and more random stuff till the bell went. We all went in different directions, until it was just Kyle and I left, as we had classes opposite each other.

We were almost at the classrooms when a group of guys walked up to us. I recognized a few, some of which were jocks and soccer players. They were part of the popular group.

Kyle groaned as we slowed to a stop in front of the group,my eyes travelling over each face. Sebastian was at the front, standing next to who I expected was the designated leader.

"What do you want Hunter?" Kyle said, nonchalant.

"I want to speak to Rebecca." Hunter spat back then looked at me. I frowned. I had no idea who this dude was, I wasn't about to just go for a stroll with him.

I crossed my arms over my chest and lent against the lockers next to me, eyeing Hunter while he stared back.

"Why do you want to talk to me?" I asked him, ignoring all the other  stares, especially Sebastians.

"We have a proposition for you." He tilted his head up, proud for some reason.

"No." I said quickly, already sure I wasn't going to agree with what they wanted.

"You don't even know what it is yet Becky." Sebastian said, staring between Kyle and I.

I finally looked at him. His mouth was slightly twisted, his hair messy and his eyes sad.

I was the first to look away. I grabbed a hold of Kyle's arm, then looked back at Sebastian.

"I don't care what it is."And with that I turned and dragged Kyle in the opposite direction.

"What was that? And where are we going?" He asked as I let go of him and walked out the school doors, with him following me. We didn't care we were skipping.

"We're going to see an old friend." I replied, ignoring his first question. Luckily he didn't realize, or he knew not to continue asking about it.

I smiled as I ran my hand over my Gallardo before getting in. Zamon had it shipped over, which made me hate him slightly less. Kyle mad an excited noise as he sat in the passenger seat, his hands running over the dashboard. I laughed at his face before pulling out of the parking lot.

I followed the familiar streets to the one place I spent most of my freshman year at.

When I parked at the gym I stared at the big building. It had a huge new addition attached to the back of it. A few big muscley men stood at the front talking, but watched as I pulled in.

"What are we doing here?" Kyle asked, sounding nervous. I looked at him, frowning in confusion.

"I'm good friends with the owner, and I wanna see him." I said, excited to see Benji for the first time in 2 years.

I would have visited earlier, but Zamon didn't trust me enough. That's why I only just got my car back. He still doesn't trust me enough to go anywhere alone, that's why I took the opportunity to go with Kyle.

"The guys back at school Becky, they're all in our rival gang, The Silver Blades. Hunter's dad is the leader, and the man who owns this gym is his best friend. He's associated with them,  and if we go in there's a good chance we aren't coming out." He told me, conviction embedded in his words. I shook my head slightly, surprised. That meant Sebastian was in a gang, our rival gang. Benji I could believe, but I struggled to wrap my head around Sebastian.

I looked at Kyle, then the gym, and back, then opened my door and jumped out, closing it behind me. I knew Benji wouldn't let anyone hurt me, I was sure of it.

I heard Kyle get out then close the door. I quickly locked the car, ignoring him as he called my name.

I walked past the 3 men and opened the doors. The gym was a huge open space, with the fitness equipment at the front and the boxing ring and equipment at the back.

The gym was full of men. No women, at all. Most of the men were big and covered in tattoos, so i'd say they were all apart of The Silver Blades. Most stopped what they were doing to stare, some already defensive. I swallowed nervously. Maybe I wasn't sure Benji could protect me.

2 men were fighting in the ring, completely oblivious to the now silent room. Benji was standing outside the ring and talking to a middle age man, who looked a lot like Hunter. When they both realized it was quiet, they turned towards us.

Benji froze, his eyes taking me in as I gave him a shaky smile, emotions flooding my body.

He slowly began walking towards me, picking up speed until he was running, and engulfed me in a hug. He picked me up and spun me around, then set me down. He put his hands on my shoulders and stared at me.

"Becky... I..I." He couldn't finish his sentence, disbelief on his face.

"I missed you too, bro." I said, hugging him again.

We stayed like that for a couple of seconds, until the Hunter look-a-like interupted.

"She needs to leave."He said to Benji, a scowl on his face. Benji let go and we both turned to glare at him.

"No, she's staying. I own the gym, so I say whose alowd in it." He replied in a harsh tone.

The man turned to stare at me for a full minute, then looked behind me and scowled again.

" Fine, she can stay if she participates in the activities, but her little companion needs to leave." I turned to look at Kyle, who looked so uncomfortable. He stared at me and shook his head.

"Zamon will be pissed at you if you don't come with me."He warned.

"When isn't he pissed at me?" I asked him rhetorically. He rolled his eyes, his nostrils flaring.

"I'll be okay, I'll ring you when I want to be picked up. I'll even let you drive me baby." I told him as his eyes lit up.

He went to grab the keys out of my hand, but I stopped him." If you put even the smallest of scratches or dents on her, I'll kill you." He chuckled at first, until he realized I was serious.

"Um okay. "He stuttered out as I reluctantly handed over my keys. I watched as he turned around with a huge grin, and practically skipped out the door. I turned back around and grinned at Benji.

"So I'm fighting?, Well then what are we waiting for?."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

608 1 21
❝𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙝 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙧. 𝙀𝙜𝙤 𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙝 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙨...
9.1K 160 42
10 years. 10 years of hating Griffin Taylor. Luckily for me, he lives hundreds of miles away and I very rarely have to handle the knowledge he's in...
1.8K 63 42
I always knew i wasn't meant for the heels anyway. When I joined the army, I was young and foolish. I thought I would become invencible but my first...
38.1M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...