The Beautiful Motto of Whatev...

By SouthPrepHarmonizer

At first Camila didn't know what to make of Normani despite their quick friendship, she was scared of her. Sc... More

The Beautiful Motto of Whatever [Normila]
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - 11:11 Make A Wish
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 20

1.8K 24 21
By SouthPrepHarmonizer

+Finally got to wok on this story enjoy this extra-long and well overdue chapter :)

Camila's P.O.V:

I groan quietly when Normani runs her hands down my side while her body was flush against mine as we make out against the wall outside the studio.

"What if someone catches us" I say breathlessly as Normani grazes over my neck lightly placing kisses along it.

"What if they don't" Normani whispers in my ear and my whole body flushes red at her tone and words as I move to capture her lips with mine in a passionate kiss. I'm so pent up that every little thing she does drives me more and it's driving me crazy."Are they awake" says Normani in a dreamy tone and I pull back to look at her in confusion.

"Wait baby what" I ask not understanding what she's asking me.

"I don't think so" she whispers and now I'm completely lost as I just look her in her in the eye as she starts to countdown.

"3...2...1!!!" startles me from my peaceful slumber and in a matter of seconds I find my self completely drenched. My eyes open immediately in surprise.

"Who wants to get wet lovebirds" shouts Lauren as her and Dinah start to hurl water balloons from a stashes they have in bags hanging on their arms.

"Here's some water to hydrate your dry selves" Dinah screams mid-laugh while laughing along with Lauren evilly.

"What in the heck" I yell as a balloon hits and explodes on my left shoulder leaving me soaked and upset.

"I'm so going to kill you two" Normani screeches between screams as we try to block ourselves from their onslaught on her bed and I raise her blanket to cover us in attempt. Dinah and Lauren cackle as they continue to throw balloons from the doorway.

"I'll save you Manibear" I say as I dive in front of her to cover her as much as I can.

"Get your lame self off of me Mila" Normani yells and Dinah and Lauren stop for a second to laugh before throwing the last of their balloons and running off, closing the door behind them. Normani and I just look at each other in shock, breathing hard from the surprise. "Oh my gosh I'm sorry but you look ridiculous" Normani says after a moment of just staring a each other while trying to catch our breath. She attempts to fix my soaked hair by pushing it to the side but just ends up laughing more when a large wet piece falls on my eyes and I start laughing too. "Oh they are so going to regret doing that" Normani says while shaking her head and examining her clothes and bed which were covered with water.

"As they should my dream was just getting good" I whine as I collapse back onto the bed, laying my head on top of Normani's lap, still pent up from it.

"Would you say it was a 'wet' dream" Normani jokes with a pun before laughing. I know she was joking but I can't help but freeze up and stay silent which Normani soon notices.

"Wait is that why I heard you moaning earlier in the night, I thought you slept wrong or something" Normani says with a surprises amused look. I know my face is already turning red but I can't hide it since my head is resting in her lap so I stay quiet out of embarrassment and grab a pillow to cover my face. Normani takes it for me being guilty which she isn't wrong and bursts into laughter while trying to move the pillow out of my face.

"Okay, okay fine I was dreaming about you, okay? I'm not ashamed to admit it, I'm just a normal hormonal teenager and I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about" I huff out and Normani just gives me a look before laughing obnoxiously again and I groan and fall back to the bed covering my face with the pillow. She manages to rip the pillow out of my grasp after a few tries and I resort to covering my face with my hands which she grabs and holds onto with hers to move them out of the way. We both look at each other in silence and I can't help but notice how pretty she looks even when soaked with water by a surprise attack from her evil roommate and her lame accomplice. Normani then leans down and gently presses her lips against mine upside down for a fraction of a second leaving me breathless yet wanting so much more.

"You are so cute, you know that" Normani says with a lopsided grin and I'm gushing on the inside.

"I'll know that if you kiss me again" I say quietly before puckering my lips and I see Normani roll her eyes teasingly before leaning down once again and kissing me a bit longer in a way that makes my heart flutter.

"Now get up you dork, we've got to figure out a way to dry all my sheets and mattress then take revenge on blondie and goth" Normani says while playfully pushing me off.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Today is a lazy day where we work on recording possible new songs, listen to tracks writers are offering us to try out, and go over a few arrangements so we have a lot of free time in studio today. Right now Lauren's grabbing lunch with our studio manager and Ally and Dinah are recording their parts for our latest song so that can only mean one thing, mini jam session. Normani and I do this so often that the other girls just let us do our thing or sometimes join in with us. It's a nice change from the structured and arranged sound of the tracks and an the organic feel you get from it is like no other after working on our album for over a year. I'm on vocal rest so I've just been strumming my guitar while Normani tries out different tunes, testing her vocal chords and arrangement skills.

It's a new day to discover
So many things to uncover
Even when the tide is high
Out here it's just you and I
Perfect how we fit together
Being around you is a pleasure
Like the way gold lasts forever
I feel like I found my treasure

I wasn't even looking for you
My skies were already blue
Now you what I hold on to
These eyes are fixed on you
When did love come into play
I could never turn away now

I sat transfixed as I watched Normani sing Treasure, one of her favorite's from Tori Kelly that I didn't even notice that I stopped playing my guitar till Normani's expression changed into amusement.

"So are we just going to do this acapella or" Normani asks with a giggle while trailing off as I wake from my daydream. "Don't tell me my favorite guitarist is all out of strumming power" Normani teases with the most adorable scrunched up face and I beam back at her.

"Oh sorry, it's just that sounded really good Normani, that song fits your voice really well" I say earnestly earning me adorable squishy face look from her and a peck on the cheek.

"Okay well go on then and play that guitar hottie" Normani says with a lifted brow and I scrunch my nose before strumming once again. My girlfriend is the cutest person I have ever encountered and just watching her get lost in the song is living proof of that. I hum along in the end unable to resist the awesome runs Tori Kelly sings when I hear a male voice from a distance.

"And here lads is the studio where the girls record the most. In fact they're in here now working on a few tracks for their album let me introduce you" I hear and the voice sounds awfully familiar and not like anyone from LA. I turn to see a tall brunette man sporting v-neck t-shirt with a blazer and jeans and both Normani and I are out of our seats in a flash.

"Simon" we both yell in surprise as we give him a hug at the same time and he gives us a small smile.

"Hello girls! How have you two been doing, I've heard quite a lot about the both of you but that's for another day. Let me introduce you to your newest label mates from across the pond, just smashing I caught you girls at the right time as I was just showing them around " Simon says with excitement as he gestures to to young men in front of us who shyly say hello. "Well I have to be off for a meeting but why don't you two properly introduce yourselves and make conversation, see you all soon" Simon says while strolling out the room almost as quick as he entered. There's an awkward pause as we all look in the direction of the door, watching our icebreaker walk out, before glancing at one another.

"So you guys are from England, are you a duo or" Normani starts and I'm happy that she's so good at small talk as I sometimes tend to get nervous, especially talking to guys who are also in the industry.

"Yeah we're a duo. Actually we're cousins too, I've known this dude since we were little sports so we work really well together and we love making music" the taller of the two answers. "I'm Sky and I'm the oldest of us two" the lanky yet built blonde says with an outstretched hand before we shake hands.

"And I'm Ash, the best looking of us two" jokes the shorter brunette guy wearing a snapback. They were both very attractive and seemed to be close to our age which is cool. Neither of them were were my type but they seemed like nice and funny guys. I did notice how Sky kept looking at Normani so I made sure to interlace our hands and lean against her a bit and luckily Normani didn't notice, I am probably being paranoid. After talking to them a bit we found out they're from London and Simon brought them along to work with the U.S. label and they were both 18. Soon Ally, Dinah, and Lauren join us and we all spend a little time getting to know each other. I kept noticing out of the corner of my eye how close Dinah and Lauren were standing next to each other even when unnecessary. I couldn't keep a grin off my face even when Normani sent me puzzled looks, the two of them would be too cute together.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm lying on my back on my bunk just plucking on strings to figure out on my own the melody to Lovefool by the Cardigans till I finally get it. After playing the melody for what feels like forever I start singing the tune.

Love me, love me
Say that you love me
Fool me, fool me
Go on and fool me
Love me, love me -

"Girl! If don't get out of your feelings and stop playing that old as heck thirsty song I swear" Dinah yells as she reaches down and yanks my guitar from my hands and pulls it up to her bunk.

"Hey" I whine as I stand up and glare at her from the floor. "Not funny Dinah, give that back" I say while holding my hand out and after some joking around she finally hands it back to me and I sit on my bed again playing with my fingers.

"Look Cheechee, Mani really likes you. Don't let three little words make you forget all about that okay?" Dinah says as she peers down upside down from her bunk. I smile a little at her attempt to comfort me even after I almost drove her into insanity from playing the same 20 seconds of an old 90's song.

"You don't think I said it to soon and scared her off a bit" I ask even though it seems lame I just needed to settle my insecurity and as my best friend I trust Dinah enough to tell her anything.

"No I don't think so, I mean it's you Cheechee, your middle name is practically extra. If anyone were a living romantic comedy it would be you, so don't sweat it" Dinah says with a smile and I grin at her and kiss her on the forehead which conveniently was right in front of me since she was still hanging upside down from her top bunk.

"Aww thanks Chancho, really you always know the right thing to say. Now go ahead and sit up before you pass out from to much blood flowing too that big old head of yours" I tease as we both start to laugh.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Normani's P.O.V:

Things between Camila have been great, actually more than great, fantastic. Except one small problem, I haven't told Camila I love her yet. I'm not sure how strong my feelings are for her, I care about her deeply but I'm not ready to really say 'I love you' yet. Camila understands this but the fact that I never say it back gets to her and though she tries to hide it I can tell. After talking to Lauren and Ally I decide that for Camila's and I's six month anniversary I'm going to take her out to dinner for once. Throughout our relationship Camila's been the one to really organize dates and pay for a lot of stuff since she loves to do it and usually beats me to it but tonight will finally be a chance for me to completely takeover and treat her like a princess and I can't wait.

"That was good Mila, you're getting better everyday I swear" I exclaim as Camila comes to a stop after going over our routine. We've made it a habit to practice moves together, she gets additional practice and I get a chance to do something I love with someone I care about.

"All thanks to you baby, who knows maybe I'll be twerking next" Camila says before taking a sip out of water bottle, tired from the rigorous dancing.

"Now that will be a sight to see, if you're up for it I'm in" I say with a grin while taking off my tank top and fanning my self before taking a seat to rest on the floor, a little winded myself.

"I'd say you're a sight to see" Camila flirts and takes a seat on the floor right next to me, her eyes taking me in.

"You're not to bad yourself cutie" I reply with a smirk while taking in her appearance as well. Wearing form fitting leggings, a white crop top with cute sneakers she looked stunning even while working out. My smirk grows as Camila inches closer and like magnets our lips find one another and my plans for us to practice one more time before we had to go get ready are forgotten. But moments later I hear the click of the handle on the gym door being opened so I gently push on Camila to get her attention as footsteps could be heard.

"Seventeen.... eighteen... nineteen" Camila counts out loud as she starts to do push ups while I pretend to be distracted on my phone. The apartment staff man looks at us with slight suspicion as he walks in and grabs the used towel bin bag and walks back out of the room. "Twenty" Camila yells out in exasperation as the door closes before she collapses to the floor in a heap, tired from her sudden push ups.

"Wow you're out of shape" I say before bursting into laughter at my girlfriend sprawled out on the floor as if she just ran a marathon. "Now get up lazy butt, we still have enough time to run through the routine one more time before getting ready. Trying to distract me with kisses" I joke while slapping the Latina's butt lightly and walking up to the mirror wall. I turn to wear Camila's still laying when I don't hear any noise behind me to catch her checking out my butt. "Hey if you get through this last run and do it well maybe you'll win a few kisses tonight" I offer and I smirk when I see Camila perk up and jump to her feet.

"Move out the way Manibear, I'm gonna show you how it's really done" Camila beams as I go to turn on the music once again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It took over an hour for me to finally decide on what to wear as I settled with a fitted white crop top, floral high waisted skirt, pretty sandals, and delicate accessories. The corners of my mouth pick up when I see Camila step out of her room to meet me in the hallway with a thin fitted cream-colored turtleneck crop top, high-waisted jeans, and heels. She looks absolutely stunning.

"You look utterly amazing" I say as I walk up and give her a peck on the cheek before we both start heading towards the elevators.

"And so do you Normani, you look beautiful" Camila says earnestly. We make our way down and hail a cab, laughing and having a great time along the way till we reach the secret restaurant I planned for us to eat at.

"Wow this place looks really fancy baby" Camila says while in awe of the grand restaurant in front of us. After numerous suggestions from the girls and an hour on Yelp I found it and the menu was perfect for what I was planning.

"Only the best for the best" I say with a grin while paying the cab fare and giding us through the garden to the entrance.

I let go of her grasp as I walk a little head of her to open the door while gesturing "My Lady" I say with a fake posh accent and Camila laughs out loud while walking in. "Why thank you Mani" she says through her giggles, quickly grasping my hand in her own as we walk up to the hostess podium. Once we are seated and have our drink orders in we settle in and take a look at the menus before I hand them off to the waitress, telling her we'll have the Chef's special. We're having a good time joking around and sharing memories when I see the waitress come with our food behind Camila and I smile to myself.

"Normani this is amazing, the only thing that would make it better is-" Camila starts but I interrupt her.

"Pizza by candle light" I say as our pizza comes to the table and Camila's face lights up in utter surprise.

"A romantic dinner with pizza by candle light... wait what" Camila says lightly to herself while staring at the pizza before looking up to me with an adorable dumbfound expression and I could barely contain my smile. "They serve pizza here?" She asks while looking around the expensively decorated establishment. I grin knowing that I specifically choose here to throw her off and called in early to make sure they made us their pizza off a secret menu they have.

"Yep. And you've got to try it I heard it's some of the best around" I say while handing her a plate before we both serve our selves. My cheeks start to hurt from smiling too much when I see the glee in her eye as she takes a slice off the tray and the melted goes with it, if there were any pizza I would call beautiful it would be this one for sure.

"Oh my god this is absolutely heavenly... Normani you didn't have to do all this, I mean it I know you prefer seafood and-"Camila starts before I cut her off.

"Don't worry, you know I love pizza almost as much as you, plus I ordered myself some wings" I say with a cheeky smirk and Camila pauses mid-bite as she comes to realization.

"Wings? Aww you... the note" Camila whispers before putting her pizza down to hold onto my hand and interlace our fingers, I can tell it really means a lot to her.

"I forgot to tell you how much that meant to me, truly it was really sweet" I say and I can tell Camila's trying her hardest to not grin as much as she can before leaning in to kiss me on the cheek.

"Anytime princesa" Camila whispers in my ear and it's my turn to blush as we settle into easy conversation and flirtations as we dig into our meal. Our dinner is full with laughs and we're just having a great time together, at one moment I get caught up at looking at Camila. I mean really looking at her from her gorgeous hair to her bright eyes that light up when telling a joke or while looking at me at certain instances leaving me with the warmest feeling inside. "Why are you looking at me like that" Camila asks with a nervous chuckle. I just finished telling her a hilarious story from when I use to dance in my studio back home when I noticed a smear of pizza sauce on the giggling girl's upper lip and after giggling about it and trying to ignore it I move to wipe it off. Something about the moment seemed important as all the noise around us dimmed as I graced my thumb along her face gently and pulling back to show her the sauce left on my thumb. I lean in slowly across the table and give her a small kiss, unable to resist and notice how slow Camila's eyes are to open afterward to meet my beaming face at her adorableness.

"Gosh... I love you" Camila says quietly but I hear her loud and clear before taking a huge bite out of her pizza and I freeze internally. I freeze not because she said I love you, she does it all the time now and barely even acknowledges the fact that I don't say it back. But for the first time I naturally almost said it right back and it frightened yet excited me. The words felt like a natural response to say, I think I really love Camila.

"I-I can tell" I stutter right afterwards and Camila just gives me a content look before continuing to eat her pizza once again. We go through the rest of the dinner without a hitch and I decided to put all of thoughts on hold for a later time so I could focus my time on making this the best date ever for Camila.

I slyly pull out my purse once the check comes hoping to pay before Camila sees the bill but she knows me way too well. "Manibear I got it" Camila states while going towards her purse but I beat her to it by placing a couple of twenty's in the checkbook and handing it to a passing waiter quickly. "Mani seriously" Camila teases and I decide to play innocent knowing it always makes her chuckle.

"Huh what?" I say while turning to her while turning to her with the most lost expression I can muster and I try not to break character when I see her holding her wallet and giving me a look. "Oh wait were you planning on paying, oh my gosh I swear didn't notice, my bad" I say and I break into a small grin when I see her raise her eyebrow and tilt her head slightly.

"Oh really you didn't" she asks with her arms crossed, amused. I just open my eyes wide and shake my head no and Camila giggles a little.

"Nope had not a clue" I say with a shrug. And we both just look at each other for a moment without saying anything before bursting into laughter at the same time.

"You are such a liar baby, you are the worse liar I know Manibear" Camila squeaks out over fits of laughter while holding her stomach and I end up laughing too. "You've already done so much on this date and I know you're saving up to buy something for Dan and Anna Kate's wedding gift. I wouldn't have minded footing the bill" Camila says while taking my hand once again and I melt on the inside at how sweet she is, almost getting lost in her puppy dog eyes.

"I know but you usually do and I wanted to do something special for you tonight. This is your night, my time to finally treat you like a princess" I say lightly while caressing her cheek, loving it when she leans slightly into my hand. "So what do you want to do next honey" I ask and she takes a moment to ponder before her eyes light up.

"Well first I want a kiss" she teases with a smirk and I roll my eyes before smiling and leaning in till her soft lips meet mine in a simple kiss. I laugh when I feel her teeth on mine when we both start to laugh and I move back a little before she quickly leans in capturing my lips once again, making my heart jump.

"Okay now Mila what do you want to do next" I ask again and I start to blush when I see Camila checking me out while biting at her lips. Playfully smacking at her shoulder I give her a look and she shrugs.

"What do you expect me to say after a kiss like that, I mean" Camila replies with a smirk while pretending to fan herself and I chuckle at her theatrics .

"You don't want to go out on a stroll and take in the views" I suggest wishing I would have planned out something for us to do after dinner too.

"Why would I when I have the most breathtaking view right in front of me" Camila replies while looking me straight in the eyes and my breath hitches in my throat. I can barely form a response so I do what feels right and pull her close meeting her lips with mine before getting lost in them. Just judging by the way my heart is pumping alone I can tell I'm falling hard for this girl, heck I'm past falling, I'm tumbling hard. We soon part as we're still in a public restaurant with looking at each other bright eyes and longing stares. Smiling, I wipe a bit of my red lipstick off her lips before grabbing her hand to head into the slightly chilly LA night, making sure to tell the waiter to tell the Chef thanks and giving the waiter himself a good tip. Once outside I hold out my arm with my hand in my coat pocket and Camila loops her arm through mine as we walk amoungst the crowds on the sidewalks, chatting and laughing as we pass numerous restaurants and storefronts.

"Hey oh my gosh! Follow me" Camila suddenly shouts mid conversation before pulling me along with her across the street. "Hey watch where you're going pendejo" she yells at a car that speeds pass us and I just shake my head since we are the ones jaywalking. "This is perfect! I almost didn't spot it from across the street, let's check it out" Camila says as we reach a place called Karaoke Roundup.

"Yeah! Sounds like tons of fun" I reply as we walk in. The place is much smaller than the one we went to after the end of our first tour but it had a great atmosphere. It had a stage up front and lots of table seating around it and the whole room at lots of cool lights around the dim setting.

"Once again welcome to teen night here at Karaoke Roundup! Remember anybody is welcome up, as long as you have a voice you are welcome to sing. Also, make sure to check out our food specials tonight and half off all beverages" The announcer cheers before a small group of girls head on stage to sing Party In the USA slightly off key while we find seats. I rush a little to get ahead of Camila and pull her chair out for her while gesturing for her to sit. The extra cheesiness was worth it when I see the blushing look she gives me.

"Wow I didn't realize how romantic you are, I might have to step up my game" Camila says and even under the dim lights I can see a faint red tinge on her cheeks. So far Camila tends to be the more romantic out of the two of us, buying me little things, writing poems and love notes, always going out of her way to make sure I'm comfortable. Tonight is the night to thank her for all of that and to treat her like a lady too, Camila's special to me and I want to make sure she knows that.

"Hey, I'm learning from the best" I say with smile and she grins even more at my words. I order us a small appetizer and a couple of sodas as we fall into easy conversation while watching people shuffle on and off the stage. "So when are you finally going to get over your nerves and step on stage, I know you want to" I tease why looking Camila in the eye. The whole time we've been watching she's been really engrossed and commenting on what she wants to sing.

"Oh no I don't want to do that, what if someone recognizes us" Camila asks nervously.

"So what if they recognize us, no one said we're not allowed to sing karaoke, unless I missed that part in the contract" I say and we both laugh a bit. "You need to show all these people here how to really do this and I can see you've been itching to sing, go ahead" I continue while playfully nudging her toward the stage.

"Okay, okay I'll go. If you come and sing with me" Camila says hopefully and I immediately shake my head no.

"You know I just off vocal rest honey and plus I don't even-" I start to explain but I'm cutoff by Camila's pleading.

"Please Manibear, I want you to sing with me baby" Camila pleas with the most adorable pout right in my face and honestly who can say no to that.

"Ugh fine, I'll sing with you. You know doing that face won't always work, plus it's unfair" I whine as Camila drags me by my arm to the music binder near the stage to look for songs.

"Seriously? You do it to me all the time Mani ,like when you ate my leftovers from Chili's without asking me since you know I can't stay mad you with that face" Camila accuses while turning to face me and I rub the back of my neck bashfully at the memory.

"Soooo, what song did you want to sing I was thinking a classic" I say quickly to change the subject.

"I thought so" Camila says with a smirk before looking over the book as well, but I can tell somethings bothering her when she pauses on a page for too long. "I'll make sure to have some tea ready for your tomorrow by the way, you sure it's getting better" Camila asks quietly and I almost coo at her thoughtfulness.

"It's way better, don't even worry okay" I say before placing a light kiss on her cheek, to which she shyly grins. "Hey let's sing Toxic by Britney" I propose with excitement, I do a decent Britney impression and the both of us use our high registers, it would be pretty fun.

"I love that song so much, let's do it. Oh and lets do Say My Name by Destiny's Child too" Camlia says and I almost jump into her arms right there but wisely decide to just scream and jump for joy instead of making a scene. I pull her with me to the DJ and we request the songs after chatting with him a bit after he recognized us.

"Man Fifth Harmony, my girls love your group's music! You girls go on stage and do your thing, the audience is in for a big treat" he says with a wink and we both smile before heading on stage and grabbing a mic from the stands. The intro for Toxic starts and the crowd instantly starts buzzing and throughout the bar. I can tell a some people recognize us as a look of surprise is on their face as they pull out their cell phones. Camila looks to me as to signal that I should start off and this is one of those moments where all of our impromptu jam sessions come in handy.

Baby, can't you see
I'm calling
A guy like you should wear a warning
It's dangerous
I'm falling

I sing in my best Britney expression and the crowd applauds as soon as I start to sing while some of them hold looks of shock. I turn to Camila as I sing to see her beaming at me proudly and it only gives me more confidence as I finish my verses.

There's no escape
I can't wait
I need a hit
Baby, give me it
You're dangerous
I'm loving it

Camila starts off and the the crowd is grooving and judging by the DJ's level of hype we're already killing it. Camila takes me up on stage presence and points to me at "Baby, give me it" and I'm even surprised at her boldness as the guys and even a few girls in the crowd cheer and cat call at her flirtiness. Camila sings the rest of her verses to me and I look on proudly at my girlfriend coming out of shell and looking super hot while doing it.

Too high
Can't come down
Losin' my head
Spinnin' 'round and 'round
Do you feel me now?

Oh,
The taste of your lips
I'm on a ride
You're toxic I'm slippin' under
With a taste of a poison paradise

I'm addicted to you
Don't you know that you're toxic?
And I love what you do
Don't you know that you're toxic?

The second the beat of the chorus picks up the crowd is to excited and sings along with us as we both harmonize. Camila sings on the lower end while me a bit higher on an already high-pitched song but it ends up sounding amazing and judging by the amount of people recording and having the time of their lives singing along it's really good. We have a great time on stage doing a few dances from our choreo from time to time and holding out the mic for others in the audience to sing along.

Intoxicate me now
With your lovin' now
I think I'm ready now

Intoxicate me now
With your lovin' now
I think I'm ready now

I'm utterly surprised yet impressed when Camila perfectly does the whisper singing at the end of the song along with me, finding it really attractive. We end at the exact same time, standing back to back and I try to hide my heavy breathing while scanning the giddy crowd applauding the two of us. After a moment we turn to each other and Camila gives me a quick hug and I give her a high five right after. I can see she's slightly out of breath too but we've gotten so use to it after doing so many live shows. I almost forgot about the second song we requested till the beat comes from the strums of a familiar melody and the crowd goes absolutely crazy as Camila and I give each other a look like 'are you ready' before swaying our arms to interact with the crowd. We didn't even have to look at each other to know how to arrange our parts since Dinah and I have forced all of the girls to sing this song so many times I can't even count. I can already see Camila out of the corner of my eye smirking as she knows I know the lyrics better than I know my self as a Destiny's Child and Beyonce mega fan.

Say my name, say my name
When no one is around you,
Say baby I love you
If you ain't runnin' game
Say my name, say my name
You actin' kinda shady,
Ain't callin' me baby
Why the sudden change?

Say my name, say my name
If no one is around you,
Say baby I love you
If you ain't runnin' game
Say my name, say my name
You actin' kinda shady,
Ain't callin' me baby
Better say my name

I sing all of Beyonce's parts as Camila sings all the other parts and harmonies which is perfect since she incorporates creative runs and the crowd's really feeling it as they sway with us.

Any other day
I would call, you would say,
"Baby, how's your day?"
But today, it ain't the same
Every other word is "Uh huh", "Yeah, okay"
Could it be that you are at the crib with another lady
If you took it there
First of all let me say
I am not the one to sit around and be played
So prove yourself to me
I'm the girl that you claim
Why don't you say the things
That you said to me yesterday

I don't hold back any attitude as I sing along to the verses I've been chanting since I was a toddler. I make sure to dance along to the beat and point as I sing my solo while Camila improves and I'm sure we almost look rehearsed since we're so in sync.

I know you say that I am assuming things
Something's going down, that's the way it seems
Shouldn't be no reason why you're acting strange
If nobody's holding you back from me
'Cause I know how you usually do
Where you're saying everything to me times two
Why can't you just tell the truth
If somebody's there, then tell me who

Camila starts off and her and I go back and forth while singing to each other and the crowd gets even louder. We circle around each other and do hand motions to the lyrics making sure to put on a great show throughout the prechorustill we get to the chorus again and everyone is yelling along. " Where my ladies at " Camila whisper raps as we continue through the song and I almost stop singing and laugh when Camila sings along to the rap/guy's part but I would expect nothing less from my little Latina rapper so I sing "Yea yea yea yea yea yea" after each part along with the crowd.

I know you say that I am assuming things
Something's going down, that's the way it seems
Shouldn't be no reason why you're acting strange
If nobody's holding you back from me
'Cause I know how you usually do
Where you're saying everything to me times two
Why can't you just tell the truth
If somebody's there, then tell me who

Say my name, say my name
When no one is around you,
Say baby I love you
If you ain't runnin' game
Say my name, say my name
You actin' kinda shady,
Ain't callin' me baby
Why the sudden change?

Say my name, say my name
If no one is around you,
Say baby I love you
If you ain't runnin' game
Say my name, say my name
You actin' kinda shady,
Ain't callin' me baby
Better say my name

By the end we're both belting and alternating runs and the crowd is singing along with us till the songs stops and there's a moment of silence till the audience erupts into chaos. I pull Camila in for a tight hug as we rock back and forth. Singing Destiny's Child on stage has always been a dream of mine and tonight Camila made it a reality and I can't thank her enough for it. We pull apart to just to hold hands and smile shyly while scanning the ecstatic crowd standing and cheering for us.

"Talk about bringing the house down! Wow, wow, wow folks! We might have to call it a night after that, was that not ridiculously amazing. Another round of applause for these two talented girls! Show them some Karaoke Roundup love ya'll!! Normani and Camila from the group Fifth Harmony" the announcer yells over the mic as we take a couple more bows before exiting the stage holding hands and waving to upcoming fans approaching us. We meet as many as we can and managed to meet new fans that promised to check out our group's music. As we're taking our last picture clapping capures everyone's attention as two people make their way through the crowd towards us.

"Glory girls! Now that's what I call a show" says the Sky the tall lanky blonde as he follows behind his cousin Ash, both of them applauding loudly as they approach. We quickly say our goodbyes to girl who asked for pictures and greet the English boys with smiles and hugs. Grinning, I turn to look at Camila for a moment and I could tell, though not obvious to people who don't know her well, that she's a bit uncomfortable and make note to ask her about it later on.

"Wow. now I know Simon told my cousin and I you girls could sing but bloody hell that was fantastic you two" Ash, the shorter brunette cousin complements us excitedly.

"Oh thanks! We were just having fun, it's even better with all of my girls here" I reply with a smile.

"Yeah, if you really want to see a show you should see all five of us sing, it'll literally blow your socks off. Like clean off" Camila jokes and I make sure to laugh extra hard for her joke even though it was a little on the corny side her adorableness made it funnier.

"Well we've got to make sure we do that then. Funny that we ran into you guys here, do you guys mind hanging out for a bit" Sky asks and Camila and I look at each other and shake our heads no, not minding spending a little time with the guys Simon is so excited about.

"I'm gonna go ahead and get a few drinks, what do you guys want" Ash asks Sky and I as we've fallen into an entertaining conversation about dance as he's a dancer himself too.

"That's okay I'll go with you, I know what Normani usually gets" Camila says and I turn to beam at her which she smiles back at but I can tell it's not reaching her eyes. I'm about to follow after her to ask what's wrong but Sky makes a joke making me lose my attention and I make note to talk about it later again. Soon the both of them come back and we're all just hanging out and having fun and Camila seems to be enjoying herself more, I guess she just needed more time to warm up to them.

"So Normani I think we're going to need to see who's the better dancer out of us two" Sky jokes.

"We don't need to I already know it's me so save yourself some time" I joke back as we all laugh.

"Is that so?" Sky says as he takes my soda out of my hand and replaces it with his hand as he begins to dance to the upbeat song someone's singing on stage. He quickly spins and dips me and I almost feel like I'm going to fall but she stops and catches me expertly and I giggle in shock. "My mom is part Latina so she hand me take salsa lessons too" he says with a smirk as he slowly pulls me up to standing and supporting me with his arm around my waist. I know it's all fun and games but knowing Camila's not entirely comfortable with them I detach his arm from mine and put a little space between us. "Wanna hit the floor and give these people a run for their money" he excitedly asks.

"Maybe another time, I love dancing but I don't know if I can dance to karaoke" I joke while observing everyone, the boys seem fine but I can tell Camila's a bit off.

"I'm gonna go get another drink... baby do you want anything else" Camila asks me and I can tell she's a little tense.

"Water's fine honey, thanks" I reply and she kisses my cheek and out of the corner of my eye I can see her give Sky a wary look before heading off.

"What's her deal, girl was shooting daggers at you Sky. She might have a bit of a thing for you Normani" Ash jokes and I remind myself that they don't know anything and not to get upset. We don't really tell people outside our circle that we're dating and keep it mostly friendly in public when we can so it's not their fault that they don't know, doesn't mean I'm not going to have a little fun with them though.

"Actually she has a big thing for me" I say calmly while looking Ash in the face as his eyes open wide in surprise and he giggles like I expected he would.

"Wow, must get a bit uncomfortable then, being band mates and all" Sky replies and I look down and chuckle a bit liking this all a little too much. Right then Camila approaches and I put on an uncomfortable expression as I look towards the boys and they fall for my trap hushing up as she comes close and watching us both.

"So Camila... the boys said they noticed something and I wanted to ask you about it" I say and poor Camila looks lost but I know it will all be worth it when I look at the squeamish boys intently listening in.

"What is it Mani" she asks as she puts our drinks down.

"Well I'll just come right out and say it. I noticed that you have a thing for me" I say and Camila gives me a look of confusion but since my back is turned to the boys I signal with my eyes and hope she sort of catches on.

"Umm what, what do you mean" Camila says, perfectly playing the converted nervous part and I giggle internally. My girlfriend is way too good sometimes.

"Like at times you stare at me a lot..." I say.

"I just stare a lot of things a lot, I stare at coffee pots doesn't mean I have a thing for them" Camila relies back and I almost laugh, this is too good.

"Look! I'm not going to pretend I don't know what's going on anymore" I say bringing up the ante. I turn to quickly look at the boys who eyes look like saucers, probably feeling bad thinking I actually wouldn't confront Camila, I pretend like I'm signaling me rejecting her. "I know you like me, heck the whole band knows you like me" I say confronting Camila who's putting on a great show and I giggle quietly at the uncomfortable shifting I hear behind me. "But they also know that I really like you too, and think you are absolutely amazing" I say sweetly before going up to kiss her cheek then turn around to face the boys with my arm wrapped around her shoulder. "Boys, I'd like to reintroduce you to my Girlfriend Camila" I say before looking down to a beaming Camila with slight red tinges on her cheeks. We both laugh when we see the boys expressions change to utter shock.

"Wait so you two are dating" Ash asks astounded why Sky stays quiet.

"Yep, this girl right here is my world" Camila says sweetly before kissing me on the cheek and I smile even more.

"Oh bullocks, I'm so sorry if you felt like-" Sky starts while nervously brushing the back of his neck. You can tell he's a sweet guy.

"Oh it's okay, water under the bridge" Camila says brushing it off. "Now I hope you two don't mind but I want to continue my wonderful date with my girlfriend, nice seeing you two" Camila says and I wave bye as we walk towards the exit giggling. We giddily chatter as we exited the Karaoke restaurant hand in hand out into the LA night once again, recalling the faces the boys made in their surprise.

"Oh my gosh that was too funny, I could tell what you were up to as I was walking back but I wasn't exactly sure" Camila says while rubbing her thumb across the back of my hand.

"You caught on so quick I was super impressed. Sorry If I made you feel uncomfortable" I apologize now realizing how Camila could have felt while Sky and I were chatting.

"It's totally okay, I don't know why I got so envious of you two" Camila says with a dramatic shrug.

"Aw were you jealous" I tease and Camila sends me a playful glare while running into me with her shoulder lightly.

"I was not jealous" Camila says and I give her a look. "Okay maybe I was a little jealous, I mean he didn't need to be twirling and dipping my girlfriend like he was on Dancing with the Stars is all I'm saying" Camila states and I grin and sneak a quick kiss as we get into our cab.

"You are too cute" I gush at Camila's intentional humor.

"Tell me something I don't know" Camila says with a valley girl impression and I laugh while simultaneously rolling my eyes at her dramatics. We let the noise of the city fill the space as our cab takes off just enjoying each others company. After a minute or two I can tell Camila's bothered by something or has a lot on her mind at the moment by how her brows are furrowed as she looks out the cab window to the passing landscape.

"Is there something bothering you Mila, you know you can tell me" I say encouraging her to talk about it. I've noticed, especially since getting together, that Camila it's a person who lives on the edge of her emotions which makes her a beautiful soul but easily susceptible to her own thoughts and discomforts. When she doesn't talk about it, her thoughts fester inside her in till that's all she can focus on.

"Huh? Oh it's nothing just thinking you know" she says looking slightly flustered and I give her a look signaling I already know somethings up and she might as well tell me.

"Mila, you know I know you better than that" I say quietly and Camila looks at her hands then to the window before looking at me with a slightly embarrassed expression.

"I'm just going to say it's dumb and I know I'm just being dumb" Camila starts nervously with wild hand gestures and I take one of her hands in mine and pull it to my lap to keep it still. It calms her down a bit and she takes a moment to breathe and gives a small smile.

"But guys like Sky...he's so tall and good looking" Camila starts off with furrow brows while playing with my hands and I'm overwhelmed by her adorableness. "Like who looks like that, he's like a walking tumblr goal with his mini 'manbun' and muscles..." Camila jokes with fake disgust as we both laugh a bit.

"Meh he's a little bit on the skinny side for me personally, you know I like my arms with a little bit of meat" I tease and we keep laughing.

"But that's the thing how do I compete with that... I mean I'm nothing like that you know" Camila questions lightly and a serious tone settles in the space. I take a moment to formulate my words before talking, wanting to make sure I come across as honest as possible.

"You don't need to and you aren't. That's one of numerous reasons why I like you" I say while rubbing the back of her hand. "I don't need someone with huge muscles or who's like super tall, I need someone who's going to make me laugh and see things in a whole new way. Someone who encourages me to be myself and makes my heart pick up when I see them and that's you" I say but I feel the need to really make sure Camila knows I'm serious about us. "Mila I care about you, I care so much" I say earnestly while holding her head gently with both of my hands as we communicate silently. It's almost as if I can see the gears in her head turning as my words set in and a shy smile sets on her face accompanied by bright eyes.

"I do too Mani" Camila replies back quietly and I grin before closing the small gap between us in content. "So you admit I make you laugh" Camila says with lifted eyebrows once we part and I just shake my head at my girlfriend.

"Yes, fine you do. You make me laugh, okay" I tease in a tired voice and Camila lets out a loud laugh that makes me laugh and I can admit if there's one thing, she makes me happy.

Camila's P.O.V:

"Last I remember my girlfriend said we would makeup for missed action earlier today" I say as I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her neck looking up a little to my slightly taller girlfriend. The cab already dropped us back at our apartment complex and we decided to go to my apartment since Dinah went to visit family and Ally hanging out with a friend who came into town.

"Your girlfriend? I didn't know you were taken" Normani teases while putting on a surprised expression and I struggle to hold in my grin.

"Yeah, actually she would be pretty upset if she saw me talking to someone as gorgeous as you" I reply, playing along with Normani's scenario.

"Oh would she" Normani asks with lifted brows seeming amused.

"Definitely, she is totally the jealous type, like super super jealous" I say before biting my lips and I can notice Normani holding back a laugh.

"Jealous huh? So what would she do if I... did something" Normani whispers in my ear and a I feel a light shock sensation throughout my body at her words.

"Depends on what the something entails" I say after a moment as my heart begins to pump a bit faster.

"I don't know, maybe a kiss" Normani whispers while placing a finger under my chin, our lips now just inches apart.

"I don't really know so we can start there and guess we'll have to find out" I reply while looking back and forth between her eyes and lips not knowing which one held my attention more. Normani smiles before pulling me in by her finger and I smile a little when our lips finally meet loving how accustomed we are to each other now. Somehow we go from the living room to my bedroom as we fall onto my bed in giggles. I lean up to reconnect our lips as Normani lies on top of me and I'm feeling more and more intoxicated with each kiss. Normani moves to kiss along my neck, sending me into a frenzy and I quickly turn us over so I can be on top.

"Hey" Normani whines with a cute expression and I smile and bite my lips before continuing, getting lost in the feeling once again.

"You snooze, you lose princess" I whisper in her ear eliciting a laugh from Normani as she pulls me in closer by the waist and runs her hands down my sides causing me to shiver under her touch. My hand slips under her shirt and finds her chest, holding it over the thin material of her bra. I stop to bite my lip when I hear Normani quietly gasp and lean into my touch. The burning sensation in my throat increases when I start to grip and my heart rate picks up. I pick at the hem line of her shirt, slowly pushing it up wanting to feel the warmth of her skin, the room getting hotter and hotter with each kiss. Her hand falls on mine as she starts to sit up and breaks our kiss.

"Help me take it off" Normani says as she starts to lift her shirt and I nod along wide eyed as I help lift her top over her head and cast it to the side before starting to take my own off as well. Making out has become my favorite thing to do in the whole world but it's been the farthest we've gone in the months of dating each other, so even the thought of more excites me. I bite my lip as I start to pull my shirt off, watching Normani gaze at me in just her bra and jeans and I start to rush, the strong feeling in my gut driving me. I get stuck and I can hear Normani chuckle as she helps me out of my blouse and we both grin at each other as I frustratingly throw my shirt down onto the floor. I place both my hands on her face as we start to laugh and pull her closer till our noses are touching and kiss her though our giggles. "Mhmm Mila" she says once my hands leave her face to grab her waist, slowly moving upward. I break our kiss and take a moment to just look at Normani's chest in just a bra, looking her right in the eyes as I move my hands up to cup them in awe. I groan when I see Normani's eyes flutter as she lightly gasps when I move my hands to feel them before Normani leans in and quickly captures my lips in a kiss. I end up leaning back as Normani lays on top of me and we both break apart when our skin meets before kissing again. We do this for I'm not really sure how long as we revel in each other but make sure not to go past each other's comfort limits. Every touch feels like static and makes my heart flutter in the best ways.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sky's P.O.V:

"I can't believe it man, she probably thinks I'm mad" I say worried after Normani and Camila leave the Karaoke Roundup.

"Don't sweat it mate, it was an honest mistake an it's not like you did anything, it was harmless flirting" Ash says and I nod along understanding his reasoning.

"I know, I just think Normani's really cool and I don't want to do anything to lose her respect. Heck I'd love to be just be friends with her, her and Camila are a cute pair" I reply as we watch the next people shuffle on stage for their chance to sing. I complete respect Normani and Camila's relationship and honestly I'd love the be friends with all the girls as their in the same business with us and all seem to be sweethearts.

"Yeah they are and the Camila girl is starting to look a little cuter now and less annoying than before" Ash muses and I give him a suspicious look.

"Ash you know I love you, you're family but please don't bring the nonsense you do across the pond here, this could be a good opportunity for us" I plea, my cousin can sometimes be a jerk to girls and I hate that about him but he's family and my best friend.

"Hey! I didn't say I wanted to sleep with her or anything I just said she was kind of cute. As far as I know that's not a crime in this great country built on freedom" Ash jokes and I grimace knowing his ways.

"Seriously Ash, I'm trusting you on this" I say while holding out my hand. I may be taking his comment too seriously but I really want to make sure we keep it professional and make good connections while in LA.

"Coming from the guy who was trying to hit on the girl's girlfriend earlier" Ash counters and I give him a look. "Okay, okay I was just kidding. I'll be good, okay" Ash offers and shakes my hand and I nod in response, satisfied with his answer.

"Good. Now lets loosen up and see what this country has to offer" Ash says with his contagious grin and I smile getting my energy up too.

"Want to sing Hello by the Beatles before we check out another spot, give these Yankees a bit of a British welcome" I say and Ash nods yes as we rush up to the DJ booth.

+This has to be the longest chapter I've ever written, hoped ya'll liked it and I finally got to introduce my newest characters Ash and Sky. Comment what you think about them below and I've got to keep scenes pg-13 so my story doesn't get marked 'mature' so I hope ya'll don't mind. If you guys couldn't tell already I love Tori Kelly's music and love putting in this story for some reason lol. If you haven't checked out her music I highly suggest it, her songs and covers are amazing. I've never seen her live but I love guitars and I'm a country girl so it fits without me putting in Luke Bryan instead lol. I wanted to put some classics in here too and who doesn't like Say My Name or Toxic so I figured why not. Anyway it was a lot of fun writing this chapter and getting to revisit this story after such a long break from it, thanks for your patience really you guys! Well that's all I have for now so... byeeee!

+p.s. Make sure to check out y latest story Knight Fairy Knights it's Laurmani/Normila as usual :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.6K 2.5K 17
What do you do when you fall for a girl, but she belongs to someone else? Laurmani • Caminah Thriller and Romance
233K 6.9K 14
Camila a hopeless romantic navigates through the struggles of being in love with the most oblivious and closed woman she's ever met. G!p Lauren.
541 24 10
Anything could happen. They got ups and downs, but it makes them want each other more. This is my first Wattpad hope you like, maybe love my story.
44.7K 1.5K 18
You've always had trouble accepting your flaws and just as you start to gain confidence in them you're moved to a new place where you have to start a...