The Beautiful Ones

Von writerbug44

Alice Bowman and Zoey Chase have been best friends since birth. They do absolutely everything together, datin... Mehr

1- Opposites
2- Chug!
3- What Do You Remember?
4- Another Year Of Hell
5- How Do You Feel About Castration?
7- I Am Not A Third Wheel
8- I Sound Like The Back Of A Cereal Box
9- I Don't Want This To End
10- Embarassment
11- I Didn't Know That
12- You Look Extremely Hungover
13- Let's Dance
14- So You're A Princess?
15- Looks Like He Lied
16- If You Talk To Me Again, I Will End You
17- It Was A Pretty Sassy Hibiscus
18- I Don't Do Partners
19- I Miss You
20- I Am Not A Goblin Monkey
21- I Just Need Some Time To Break Down
22- Who Is Sadie Hawkins?
23- We Look Hot, Don't We?
24- I'm Stupid And Lonely
25- A Pinky Promise On Your Life
26- Not As Pretty As You
27- I Think This Is Magical
28- Family Is A Sad Thing
29- Those Three Words Can Kill
30- Shattered Hearts Are Dangerous
31- Are We Celebrating Taylor Swift?
32- Have No Fear, Alice Bowman Is Here
33- Tradition is Tradition
34- Let This Year Be The Year
35- We're Really Falling Apart
36- You're Trying To Be Romantic, Aren't You?
37- The Day Has Finally Come
38- You Really Had Me Fooled
39- You Broke Her Like A Twig
40- Perfect Is Spelled With A Danny
41- This Is Me Not Caring
42- He Isn't You
43- They Think They Know
44- You're Freaking Out
45- That's A Weak Defense
46- Let's Sing High School Musical
47- I Hate This And I Hate That
48- Volcanoes And Chickens
49- Maybe We're Something More
Author's Goodbye </3
One Shot- StefanieAvalonMatei
One Shot- CharlieDeVonne
One Shot- XxNOITCIDDAxX

6- Your Head Is Going To Explode

104K 3.4K 631
Von writerbug44

Alice

“Alice, calm down.”

I shook my head furiously at my best friend, batting away tears that wanted to fall. “Gosh, I’m so fucking stupid.” I muttered.

Zoey placed her hands firmly on my shoulders, causing me to stand still and look at her. “Tell me what happened. Seriously, your head’s going to explode.”

“You were right.” I croaked. “I told him.”

“What exactly did you tell him?” Zoey asked cautiously, sitting me down on the bed to try to calm me down because I was on full panic mode. I’d spilled my one most precious secret. I’d held that secret for four years, and now it’s just out there and it’s probably going to ruin our relationship.

“The L word.” I whimpered in embarrassment. “How could I be so stupid?”

“It’s not stupid.” Zoey assured me, wrapping her arms around me. “Did he say what happened after that?”

I nodded. “Well, he told me that he kissed me and that’s when I ran out of the room and in here.”

“He kissed you?!” Zoey yelped incredulously.

I just nodded weakly.

“Why aren’t you happy about this? Evan behind my repulsiveness, I’m happy about this, Alice. What’s the problem here?”

“You said it yourself, Zoe.” I told her. “We’re too damaged for a relationship, even if he did or does like me back.”

“Yeah, I know that I said that, but I’ve been thinking about it and I was wrong.” She told me. “I mean, think about it. Why don’t we trust people?”

“Because they could be using us for our money slash family slash fame.” I muttered.

“Exactly. Lance has the money, he’s part of the family, and he has the fame, even if he doesn’t want it. He has no reason to lie to you, he has no reason to use you. Don’t let the past get in the way of this.” She explained.

“Th-that’s true.” I mumbled, slipping out of the pink chiffon dress and walking into Zoey’s walk-in closet to find something more comfortable to wear. I settled on a pair of short shorts and one of Lance’s t-shirts that had found its way in there.

“Of course it’s true. And you know Lance, he’s a good guy. I can’t believe I’m promoting this relationship, but honestly, I just want you to be happy.”

I shook my head at the incredulity of this whole situation. I never, not in my wildest dreams, thought that Lance could love me back, or at least mildly like me like that. That was never in my realm of possibilities, I’ve just always accepted the fact that it was just a stupid school girl crush and moved on with my life, but he kissed me. Sure, I don’t remember it, but that’s what he said and why would he lie about that? I mean, if he kissed me, that means that he likes me, doesn’t it? Kissing is a universal sign of affection.

“Ali, let me break this down to you, okay?” Zoey told me, sitting down on my lap. “He likes you. You like him. You’re both stupid. No go back in there and talk to him.”

“This is impossible.” I muttered.

“What? The fact that somebody other than me can actually love you for you?” Zoey asked incredulously.

I nodded. “Yes.”

“It’s definitely not impossible. You’re hot and smart and funny and I suck at pep talks, just go talk to him.” Zoey demanded. “Or I’ll do it for you, like elementary school or something.”

“Zoey, no.” I whined. “Don’t do that, I’m just trying to wrap my head around this for a moment.”

“Go.” She insisted, standing up off of my lap and pulling me to my feet. “You deserve it. But when you guys get together, you are definitely not kissing in front of me.”

“I don’t think-“ I started to protest, but Zoey pushed me out her door and slammed it in my face before I heard the door lock from the inside.

“Go!” She yelled through the door.

I rolled my eyes, realizing that I had no other choice- my shoes were in Zoey’s room, and I’d have to face him sooner or later. Unless I avoided him until he left, but I can’t let him leave without saying goodbye. So I might as well get this over with.

I slowly walked through the hallways, preparing myself for the worst as I bravely knocked on Lance’s door.

He swung it open quickly and when he saw that it was me, he seemed surprised. I was too. I had no idea what was happening, really.

“Um, hey.” He muttered awkwardly.

I offered a small wave. “Hi. Uh, I’m sorry for just running out like that.” I croaked in a voice a little over a whisper. “And thanks for telling me.”

“Well, I like all of my body parts attached to my body, so you’re welcome, I guess.” He ran his hand through his hair, messing it up even more than it already was.

“Was that story true?” I blurted.

“You think I’d make that up?” Lance asked me incredulously.

“Well, no.” I muttered, walking into his room even though I wasn’t invited. “But it just doesn’t make any sense to me.”

“What doesn’t make any sense?” He asked, shutting his bedroom door and walking over to where I was now standing in the middle of his room.

I shrugged. “Any of this.”

“Me kissing you? That part doesn’t make sense?” He asked.

I nodded. “Yeah, that parts probably the most confusing.”

“Well, did you ever think that maybe this relationship isn’t as one-sided as you thought?” He asked softly.

I shook my head. “No, it never even crossed my mind. I mean, not until like half an hour ago. And even now it doesn’t make sense.”

“I know it sounds crazy to you that somebody could actually want you for you, but it’s really not crazy at all because you’re a great person and you’re really easy to love.” He told me quietly.

“That’s not true.” I croaked.

“Really?” Lance asked with raised eyebrows, placing his warm palm on my cheek, sending shivers throughout my whole body. I never knew that just such a simple contact could feel so good. “Because I’ve loved you for about five years now and I haven’t found a reason to stop yet.”

“Five.” I echoed. “Five?”

He just nodded meekly.

“Y-you could have said something.” I squeaked nervously. This boy is the only person on this planet that can make me nervous and that’s just not fair. I hate getting nervous, but when I’m around him, I love it. And that sounds ridiculous to me.

“So could you.” He rebutted.

“Touché.” I mumbled.

“Okay, well do I really have to ask?” He asked.

“Ask what?” I asked curiously.

He smirked slightly. “For you to be my girlfriend, of course.”

Oh. Oh my god. I never, never ever, ever thought that I’d ever hear him say that. I mean I’ve dreamed about it more times than I’m willing to admit, but I never expected any of this to be coming true, and it was all happening so fast, but that wasn’t really a problem, I suppose. I didn’t mind that part, but relationships- I’ve never done that. I’ve kissed guys, I’ve hooked up with guys, but relationships? Those are stupid, I’ve always thought so. Somebody always gets left behind and that would most likely be me. It always is.

“Look, Ali, I know what it’s like. I know that you think that everyone always leaves-“

“They do.” I croaked softly.

“But not me.” He whispered. “I mean, okay technically, I am leaving and I guess this whole sentimental confession thing is happening at a really bad time, considering in a week from now, I’ll be across the world, but I don’t think you understand how much I care about you, Ali. I’ll never really leave you.”

“Promise?” I whispered softly, feeling my body begin to tremble. “I mean, you can’t just say things like that to a girl like me and not mean it.”

“I do, I mean it. Have I ever given you a reason not to trust me?”

I meekly shook my head slowly. “No.”

“There you go.” He said with a small smile. “So, I’ll ask you since you’re a very difficult person- Ali, will you be my girlfriend?”

My breath stopped and I forgot how to breathe or process anything. There was no way that he just asked me that, how can this even be happening?! But if this is a dream, which it probably is, I might as well enjoy it. I mechanically moved my head in a nodding motion. “Y-yeah.” I squeaked.

Lance smiled such a wide smile that I didn’t know he could even smile, but it was a beautiful smile and suddenly, his hand was placed on the back of my head, entangled in my hair. “So you won’t hurt me if I kiss you now, would you?” He asked timidly.

“I don’t know, I’ve never done the boyfriend thing before, but isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?” I breathed.

Lance chuckled with a small shrug. “I’m not sure, I’m going to anyway, though.”

“Okay.” I whispered, watching as Dream Lance inched closer and closer to me until our lips were so close, everything inside of me was numb with excitement.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do this.” He whispered just before closing the tiny distance between us and then we were kissing. Four years of pent up lust and love spilled out of me and into that kiss. Four years of wondering and dreaming and finally I know what it’s like. I know what it’s like to kiss Lance Chase, to actually feel happy and maybe not so alone.

This has been the best first day of school ever.

_____________

And I know this seems like it's moving rather fast, but I assure you, there's a lot more drama awaiting you guys :P

Thanks for reading! <3

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

45.9K 654 31
Alice- Alice is one of the most shy girls in her high school. When a popular boy named Kendall meets her for the first time, they both find love at f...
6.5K 47 13
Dylan Reese is the kind, loveable, rich, and beautiful twin sister of Logan Reese. She never took her father's money for granted, even though many pe...
185 28 30
Pretty,smart,rich. Evelyn Jacobs-Gray is the most beautiful girl in the town and everyone knows her as "The City Whore". This girl is very popular...
8.7K 199 31
For Zoey and Chase, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can't be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school...