Ten

By imstillalivex

tattooed everything. More

once
even flow
alive
why go
black
jeremy
oceans
porch
garden
release
deep
upon a time
thoughts arrive like butterflies
son, she said
she scratches a letter
sheets of empty canvas
at home, drawing pictures
hold on to the thread
what the fuck is this world running to?
the direction of the eye
I see the world
killer
this is why he hates guns
goodbye, sweetie
delilah violet vedder
trial
a song called eddie
the funeral
bastard
twelve years later
author's note

on the edge

393 19 8
By imstillalivex

I crash into my bed, clawing at my skin until I bled.

"Baby, please, please don't hurt yourself," Eddie said, lying down next to me. The boys were in the living room sitting around awkwardly.

He grabbed a cloth and soaked it in cold water, cleaning up the bits of blood.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." I said, getting up from bed. Eddie followed me into the bathroom where I washed my face and fix my hair. The purple had slightly faded. God, I need to dye it again.

Eddie rubbed my back and kissed my head. I gave him a passionate kiss and held his hand as we walked into the living room.

The boys were in clown costumes. Even Heath.

"What in the fuck," I laughed.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VIOLET!" they yelled. It wasn't Thursday yet, it was around noon. The rest of that day we drank a bit, smoked a bit, laughed a lot. These fuckers distracted me from everything that was going on.

And then we all crashed around midnight.

The next morning, I awoke and saw Eddie sitting in bed, waiting for me.

"Eddie?" I said, sitting up.

"Oh, Amanda, Happy Birthday, I love you," he said, kissing me.

"I love you too," I said, smiling.

He handed me a small box, with a shitty looking bow on top, and said,
"I know it doesn't really look presentable but it's my gift to you,"
So I took the box and opened it.
Inside revealed a silver locket in the shape of a heart. It was so beautiful. It was perfect. I opened it while Eddie sat there with a mischievous but happy look on his face.

One one half was a picture of me and Eddie, one taken by Stone with a poloroid. He was holding me so close, kissing my forehead. I cried at the beautiful sight. All I saw in his eyes, in my eyes, was love.

And in the other half was one of Eddie and me singing together. We performed together sometimes. I loved it.

"Oh, God, Eddie. I love it so much," I said, kissing him again.

"Oh thank God. And hey, look at your stomach. I'm surprised you didn't notice but you've got a baby bump," Eddie said.

I did, and cried some more. I was overwhelmed with happiness.

"Oh, God, best birthday ever."

And then the other boys came in.

Stone gave me a big ass bag of weed and one of his baseball caps.

Mike gave me a guitar pick and a Pink Floyd shirt.

Dave gave me a flannel and a bottle of beer.

Jeff gave me a raccoon hat, and a hug because he's cheap.

And finally, Heath gave me a box of purple hair dye.

"Thank you, so much, my stupid brothers, I love you so much,"

Everybody changed and got ready to spend a day in Seattle. We got lunch, and just enjoyed the city. It was rainy, like always. And then the day became the night, where we'd take a flight to Miami.

But I got an eerie feeling as I packed my things up in the apartment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

everlong By emmy

Fanfiction

49.3K 1.2K 88
'if anything could ever feel this real forever, if anything could ever be this good again.'
2.9K 182 12
*COMPLETED* Everything seemed impossible, until 1990 meets with 2021, and the fate of some young talented aspiring musicians change drastically forev...
16.3K 161 3
As in the title.
come back By emmy

Fanfiction

9.3K 243 25
"i will come back for you." [second part to Everlong]