Look After You - A Louis Toml...

By katie_rick

Ashley Styles is Harry's sister. She hasn't seen her little brother in over five years. She arrives in London... More

Chapter 1: New Places and Perspectives
Chapter 2: A Parallax
Chapter 3: Surprises
Chapter 4: Just For Fun
Chapter 5: Sneaking Out
Chapter 6: World Cup Match
Chapter 7: And The Party Continues...
Chapter 8: The Dinner Party
Chapter 9: Dilemmas
Chapter 10: Working Things Out
Chapter 11: Not So Much of a Stranger
Chapter 12: The First Date
Chapter 13: Fights Suck
Chapter 14: Singers Make the Best Apologies
Chapter 15: New Normal
Chapter 16: He Makes My Knees Weak
Chapter 17: I Hate Goodbyes
Chapter 18: Life Goes On
Chapter 19: Back For You
Chapter 20: Centerfield
Chapter 21: Forever Young
Chapter 22: Beautiful Goodbyes
Chapter 23: Not That Far Away
Chapter 24: The Third Cut is the Deepest.
Chapter 25: Friday I'll Be Over You
Chapter 26: When She Loved Me (Louis' POV)
Chapter 27: Torn
Chapter 28: I Heart ?
Chapter 29: What If
Chapter 30: Lloro Por Ti
Chapter 31: Be Still
Chapter 32: Troublemakers
Chapter 33: First Impressions
Chapter 34: Danger Zone
Chapter 35: Let the Flames Begin
Chapter 36: Up All Night
Chapter 37: When You Wake Up
Chapter 38: I Won't Give Up
Chapter 39: Keep Your Head Up
Chapter 40: Read Between the Lines
Chapter 41: You're My Life Now
Chapter 42: How to Save A Life
Chapter 43: Save You Tonight
Chapter 44: Distracted
Chapter 45: She's Got Something
Chapter 46: Take Me Home
Chapter 47: Hold You in My Arms
Chapter 48: Stupid Mistakes
Chapter 49: Want You Back
Chapter 50: Your Love is Strong
Chapter 51: Safe Haven
Chapter 52: All The Small Things
Chapter 54: Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Chapter 55: Remembering Sunday (Epilogue)
Never Had

Chapter 53: Forever and Always

5.7K 105 13
By katie_rick

Louis and I had arrived just in time for the start of the Manchester United vs Manchester City game. Of course, we were both wearing our Red Devil jerseys, personalized with our own last names and numbers. We had been recognized only a few times and the stadium's security managed to ward off the fans. Halftime was just finishing up and the score was still nil-nil. The crowd was especially loud today, probably because of the big rivalry between the two teams. Manchester City had beaten Manchester United last year and it was time for their revenge, we hoped. Welbeck started with the ball and quickly passed it up to Persie. Persie took the ball up the field but was stopped by one of the opposing team's players as he kicked it across the boundary line.

"So, what do you think of the seats?" I asked Louis, pointing out that there was no one in front of us.

"It's amazing! I've never had first row. I seriously feel like the ball is going to hit me in the face whenever they come near." he laughed excitedly.

"Well I'm make sure to protect you since your face is obviously more precious than anyone else here." I joked.

The game was back in progress and now Manchester City had the ball. I started biting on my fingernails, as they got closer to the box. One of the players took a shot and luckily, our goalkeeper caught it. He passed it to a defender and he then began to move down the line. Looking for someone to pass to, he chipped the ball in the air and Powell, a midfielder, brought it down. He did a quick drag and push, passing the defender in a quick second. Accelerating, he flew up the field and crossed the ball over to Rooney who then took a hard shot into the goal. Half the stadium erupted into cheers and everyone got on their feet. Louis put his arm around me as we jumped and screamed while watching Rooney and a few other players run around the field in celebration.

With only ten minutes left in the half, it was highly unlikely that Manchester City would be able to score. United had control of the ball for pretty much all of the final minutes of the game, giving them a win and all the fans bragging rights over their angry neighbors. It was a good way to start off my one-year anniversary with Louis. I know, one year? It feels like it's been two months. I guess time flies when you're in love.

"Good game huh?" Louis asked me as we started walking up the steps and exiting the stadium.

"Yeah, it was great! Rooney's shot was awesome, looked like a Ronaldo sort of one."

"You always have to compare everyone to Ronaldo, don't you?" he laughed.

"Pretty much. United was so much better when he was on the team." I said and Louis simply shook his head.

"You only like him cause you think he's hot." he said.

"No! I mean, he is, but he's a good player too! Stop staring at me like that, it's creepy!" I pushed his face away, wiping the creepy stare off and making him laugh.

"Alright, well, what would you like to do now? We can stay in Manchester, or go home. It's up to you."

"Ummm... I guess we could see what's going on around here. I've only been here once actually, maybe there's something fun we could do." I said and Louis nodded. We quickly exited the stadium and found Louis car in the parking lot. Having no idea where we were going, we decided to just cruise around town. It seemed to be centered all around the University, which was a really pretty set of buildings at the center of the city. Maybe I could study here. We turned down a smaller street and found that it led to a park. We circled it, noticing a large crowd of people gathered. Curious, we parked the car and walked over to the crowd. Soon enough, we realized it was some kind of music in the park. We had one of these in Santa Cruz, but it was on the beach. Everyone would gather around on blankets and listen to music while eating food. This seemed to be a lot like it.

"Got a blanket in your car?" I asked Louis.

"Might, I'll go check, you can grab us a spot." I nodded and walked over to the crowd, finding a space in the middle of the crowd for the two of us. About a minute later, I saw Louis coming back with no blanket, of course. He sat down with me and we ended up having to tough it up and lay down on the grass. Poor us. Louis put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder as we watched the band on the stage performing. They were doing covers of songs, mostly by rock-pop bands like The Fray and Parachute: my favorites. They were currently singing one of my favorite songs, Never Say Never. Not as good as the original, but still really good.

"Louis?" I heard a girl's voice and I sat up, turning my body. Louis did the same.

"Eleanor? What are you doing here?" he sounded somewhat shocked. I decided to stay out of it. Talk about awkward.

"Just hanging out while on break. What about you?" she asked nicely. I remember what happened with her months ago, but she seemed so nice now; like a completely different person.

"Well, we went to the United verses City game. You'll be happy to know that United won."

"Oh, fun! Well, I'm Eleanor." she finally looked over at me. Not to be rude, but I had felt invisible this entire time. Sue me if I want a little attention.

"Ashley. Nice to meet you." I smiled at her. She looked back at me for a quick second before switching back to Louis, talking about who-knows-what. I decided to drown out their conversation and listen to the next singer. It was hard not to turn and listen to their conversation again, I mean, I'm jealous of Eleanor. She's amazingly gorgeous, she's funny, she has an accent, and she's a smart college student. I am none of those things, unless you count my looks as funny. Oh I can't help it, I'm listening now.

"So, how's life been?" Louis asked awkwardly. Gosh he's horrible.

"Okay. I miss you and the boys." she sighed. Oh well, she's the one who broke up with him first, so she shouldn’t be missing him that much. But I can imagine, I mean, I was feeling the same thing however many months ago.

"Well I'm sure you're having fun on tour." I heard her say after spacing out for a bit.

"We did. Tour officially finished a few months ago, we cut it a little early for some family issues." Louis said. Yeah family issues, meaning me.

"Oh okay, well good that you had fun. Do you guys need a blanket, you can share with us." Eleanor gestured to the few people around her and they all nodded. Well that was nice of her.

"Eleanor, no offense, but we are on a date. I hope you don't mind, but we're perfectly fine on the grass." Louis said. Wow, that just made things super awkward.

"Oh right, sorry! I forgot! Sorry again. I'll leave you alone!" she gasped and said sorry about a billion times before turning back to her friends.

"Want something to eat?" Louis asked me. Now that he mentioned it, I was a bit hungry. The sun was setting and I figured it was about time for some dinner.

"Yeah, I could go for some food." I smiled.

"I'll go get us something. Be right back. And this time, I'll actually come back with something." we both laughed as he stood up and made his way to the back of the crowd were the food was.

"So, Ashley, I heard about your um.. cancer.. and I'm really sorry." I turned and saw Eleanor talking to me. Great, she had to bring that up. I hate when people pity me.

"It's alright. I've got my friends, family, Louis. That's what matters." I smiled. See, I've improved my outlook on life.

"Yeah, for now at least, can't imagine what will happen with Louis if you get any worse."

"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice cracking with worry.

"Well, I doubt Louis will stay around with you if all you can do is sleep and watch TV in a hospital bed. Louis needs someone to go outside with and be as crazy as him. Not some sick hospital patient." Okay, did not expect her to be this rude. Officially the worst boyfriend's ex-girlfriend encounter I've ever had.

"Umm.. I don't know. I mean, we've been together for a year. I don't think he'd throw it all away just cause I can't go out and play football with him anymore."

"Well he and I were together for two years, and things still didn't work out. Just watch out cause it could happen. And when it does, well, I'll be there to comfort him."

"Is that a threat?" I asked her. Seriously, I wasn't in the mood for some prissy girly fight with her. I would win either way.

"No. I'm just warning you that this 'love' won't last long if you keep getting more and more sick. The only love that's there right now is out of pity." Okay that hurt. I had always worried about Louis only dating me because he felt bad for me, but after one year, I don't think that's true.

"Okay well, thanks, I think. But I'll just stick to my own opinion." I turned back around just in time to see Louis with two sandwiches and sodas. I grabbed mine from his hands as he sat down on the grass.

"Thanks babe." I kissed him on the cheek. That'll show Eleanor.

"So, did I miss any good music?" he took a bite of his sandwich.

"Some good stuff. But I wasn't really listening. Just thinking really."

"Hmm. Okay." we sat and listened for a while until the last band announced that it was the final song of the night. The guitarist began strumming the first few chords and the drum beats sounded. I recognized the song, and I knew it would be painful to listen to. The singer sang loudly.

She's sitting at the table, the hours get later. He was supposed to be here. She's sure he would have called. She waits a little longer, there's no one in the driveway. No one's said they've seen him. Why, is something wrong?

She looks back to the window. Suddenly the phone rings. A voice says something's happened, that she should come right now. Her mind goes to December, she thinks of when he asked her. He bent down on his knees first and he said:

I want you forever, forever and always. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. We'll grow old together. Forever and always.

She pulls up to the entrance. She walks right to the front desk. They lead her down a million halls, a maze that's never ending. They talk about what happened but she can barely hear them. She tries to keep a straight face as she walks into the room. She sits by his bedside, holds his hand too tight. They talk about the kids they're gonna have and the good life. The house on the hillside, where they would stay. 

Stay there forever, forever and always. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. We'll grow old together, and always remember, whether rich or for poor or for better. We'll still love each other, forever and always.

I felt Louis' grip tighten around me and he set his head in the crook of my neck. 

Then she gets an idea and calls in the nurses, brings up the chaplain and he says a couple verses. She borrows some rings from the couple next door. Everybody's laughing as the tears fall on the floor. She looks into his eyes, and she says:

I want you forever, forever and always. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. We'll grow old together, and always remember, whether happy or sad or whatever, we'll still love each other, forever and always. Forever and always, forever and always

 She finishes the vows but the beeps are getting too slow. His voice is almost too low. As he says, I love you forever, forever and always. Please just remember even if I'm not there. I'll always love you, forever and always.

 "I love that song, but it's so sad." I said once the band finished.

"It's definitely sad. But I like it." Louis said.

"Kind of reminds me of us, I guess."

"Yeah. Do you want to go somewhere else? Just walk around now?" he asked me. I noticed everyone getting up and leaving and figured we should too.

"Okay." I smiled and he helped me up from the ground. We found a path through the park and began walking along it. It look us further and further into the park and soon enough, we were pretty much all alone, except for the trees of course.

"Happy anniversary darling." Louis stopped on a small bridge that allowed us to walk over the small river.

"Happy anniversary, Lou." I smiled softly, "I have something for you." I opened up my purse and took out the large envelope. It didn't look like much, but I really hope he likes it. I handed it to him and he slowly opened the clasp. He then pulled out the paper that lay inside and read it carefully.

"Live While We're Young: New charity for kids with cancer started by One Direction's Louis Tomlinson." he read the headline of the article I had published in tomorrow's newspaper. He read further, but said nothing. He only covered his mouth, ran his fingers through his hair, and kept reading intently.

"Ashley, this is, unbelievable. Absolutely amazing. I can't believe you did this. This is the greatest thing anyone has ever done, not for me but for these kids. Thank you." he grabbed me and pulled me in for a very tight hug.

"I'm glad you like it, but there's something else too." I pulled the larger item out of my bag. He stood back as I handed it to him. The book was large and the front was a pretty shade of green, complete with a picture of the two of us. He opened it up and flipped to the first page.

"That God-awful photo shoot. Remember how much you hated me after I kissed you? Now you can't get enough." he laughed, looking at the first picture.

"That beach day! You were still ignoring me, but I had a wonderful time staring at your bum." he smirked this time and of course, I playfully slapped him.

"The infamous football game, also know as, our first kiss. Awwww." he cooed.

"Wow this album is much more cheesy when you have to caption every picture. We skipped a few more and made it to the more recent ones, meaning in the last month or two.

"Christmas and my birthday. I gotta say Bo, one of my favorite Christmases ever. Thank you for making it special." he looked at the last picture before closing the book and leaning in towards me. I met his lips in the middle and grabbed his jaw, intensifying the kiss. When it was over, I smiled at him and waited to say the part he probably wouldn't like.

"I want you to do something for me. Finish the album. There are still a lot of pages, and I want you to fill it up with as many pictures as you can of your life. That way you can look back on it and always remember it, us."

"Alright." he smiled. That was unexpected. He continued to say: "but before we go, I have something for you too." he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small white envelope. Woah, look at us, we're the small gift couple. But as they say, the best gifts do come in small packages.

I ripped open the top and pulled out the two large pieces of paper inside. As I read them, my eyes widened.

"We're going to Paris?" I said in disbelief. I couldn't believe that Louis remembered how I'd always dreamed of going to Paris. I had mentioned it maybe twice?

"Yes! In a week! Are you excited?"

"Yes! Oh my gosh, Louis, this is amazing. I love you so much. Thank you." I wrapped my arms around his neck and took a deep breath, inhaling his sent.

Louis voice was soft, but close to my ear, I could hear his words perfectly as they made my heart flutter and tears brim in my eyes.

"I'll always love you, forever and always."

(A/N: The final chapter will be taking place in the city of love!!! Hope you're all excited. Please let me know what you think! Also the song in this chapter is Forever and Always by Parachute. Listen to it in the video below. One of my favorite songs! Hope you like it! xoxo -Katie)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 233 48
Ellie Christiansan is an eighteen year old girl who moved to London with her friends. Then she meets some, interesting people in an, interesting way...
51.2K 712 58
Ally Tomlinson is, you guessed it, one of Louis Tomlinson's younger sisters. Growing up, they became best friends, barely spending any time apart. Si...
3.8K 23 13
Riley Horan is technically the adopted sister of Niall Horan from one direction. when she was three her parents and moved too Ireland now while on to...
5.4K 64 23
15 year old Lauren Styles always considered Harry, her brother, one if her best friends. Then, he disappears on your with his band without telling he...