The Underworld's Moon

By thunderheart15

**This is a BoyxBoy story that is unedited. It was written in 2009 and finished in around 2015. You've been w... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Please Read Note!
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
A/N: Sequel
A/N: Final Decision (2018)

Chapter Twenty

15.2K 450 148
By thunderheart15

Chapter Twenty

Verin's POV

I somehow survived the ride here and yes, I ordered a carriage because I wasn't carrying an unconscious sick werewolf. What am I? A doctor? Of course not! So, at least I was nice enough to get them a ride instead of them carrying each other. I say that was pretty charitable and I'm sure they wouldn't want me carrying them anyways.

"Are we there yet?" whined, who I call, the bitch. "And when you'll ask for my name anyways and my friends?"

"Oh, my, fucking Satan." I snarled angrily. "Can you shut the fuck up for once?"

"Answer me first." She challenged.

"I don't care about your names as you're just an expirement for my insane, scientist slash physcian." I told her firmly. "So shut up and apperciate what I've done for you so far."

She hissed at me before she turned her attention to her sick friend, stroking her hair worriedly and checking her fever. I pointed look away and count to a billion.

Soon I find myself looking at my castle's front doors again. I got out and whistled for the nearest guard which was Louis.

"Hey, Lew. Can you take care of these two? Send the sick one to Uphir and the other to take a bath." I ordered him, offering him a light pat to his shoulder. "And since I don't trust the other one, send her to my room when she's done."

"Why is that sir?" Louis asked, frowning at the offer to send her to my room.

"Because she doesn't look as she appears and I don't trust her alone with the other servants for too long." I told him firmly. "But can you do this for me?"

Louis nodded. "Yes, my Lord. I can do that for you so go on inside."

"Thank you." I told him, grinning before I hurried inside without a second glance to my recent bought slaves.

If I gave her too much freedom than she already had then she might put her stupid ass plans into action of escaping. But hopefully the idea that her friend was somewhere here and, well, I did threatened her friend’s life on the way here to ensure she would keep herself in line. I didn't really care for them. There was only one slave I cared about and it was the one that is sitting in my roon. I wonder if he's feeling a bit more better now that he ate and got some time away from me to relax?

This feels different to me though. I haven't tried being nice or really care about another stranger before. Well, maybe I did care about Faolan? I mean he was attractive and he calls out this weird vulnerability that I want to protect. But the question was if he'll let me care for him after letting my anger consume myself and took it on him? It was really wrong for me to take my anger out at him but I wasn't thinking at the time.

I shook my head quickly. I was worrying myself unnecessarily. I did not need to be this nervous or excited like some kind of school girl that wanted to meet her crush for the night. Damnit, I am a young adult and will act that way as best as I could.

Anyways, I was anxious to get back there since I knew Faolan was there waiting for me. I wondered if he was awake or not. I also thought about how cute it would be to see him asleep. Would he even be in my room or did something happen to him while I was gone?

My hands curled into tight fists at the thought. I swear to Satan if Uphir had not heed my words then I’m going to seriously torture the fuck until he begged for his life to be over. I told myself darkly. It took me about five minutes to calm down after taking a couple deep breaths along the way to my room. The walk to my room felt long but I reached there fifteen minutes later, noticing my door was partially opened.

Frowning, I went to my door and opened it more and growled lowly in my throat at the sight on my bed. I wasn’t able to hear what they were talking about from where I was but I was able to see how bad Faolan must be frightened. All my senses of reason dropped to see the dark brunette male pinning down my wolf. So, purposely, I slammed the door open with a kick of my foot

"You fucking jackass!" I snarled harshly. "You better get off him right now or I swear I’ll tear off all your fingers so you can’t wear those dumbass rings!"

The male started to get off quickly from him. "Now, come on, your little pet was just---"

I was so furious that I was upon the demon within three strides from where I was and punched him squarely in the jaw. He fell backwards with a barely audible groan and rubbed his jaw. I could feel his glare at me but I pointedly ignored it. I have to take care of Faolan now as he was more important.

"You okay?" I asked Faolan softly as I noticed he had sat up, staring at me in shock. He looked bewildered and frightened. His skin was paler than before and he was shaking horribly. He didn’t seem to hear me at all so I sat down on the bed next to him as slowly as possible to not frighten him further. I carefully wrapped my arms around his shoulders and tensed up in shock when Faolan rest his head against my chest. Automatically, I reached up and began to stroke his hair gently.

"You’re okay." I told him quietly as I lightly rocked him. "You’ll be okay. Just breathe." Before I knew it though, Faolan had fallen unconscious against me. How did I know that? Well, he went limp and his eyes were closed. He must have fainted from how badly he was scared. Trying to control my sudden anger at the demon that caused this reaction from Faolan, I gently set him back down and covered him in the blanket that he more likely replaced for me on the bed.

I moved silently from the bed and stood right over the demon that didn’t move from the ground. In the most level tone I could muster, I asked him, "Are you going to explain yourself now, cousin Mammon?"

"Explain what, cousin?" Mammon shot back. "It wasn’t like I wasn’t doing anything."

I crouched down so that we were at eye level. I learned dangerously close to Mammon’s face. "Now, Mammon, listen pretty damn carefully." I told him in a very low, chilling voice to express how furious I was. "You will stay away from Faolan. He is mine, do you hear me? I protect what is mine and you’re overstepping your boundaries as it is."

Mammon glowered. "Everyone knows that I would be a better ruler than you are!"

I laughed harshly at his stupidity. "Everyone knows that you are one huge fuck up that is younger than me who shouldn’t get the damn throne."

"I am only younger by a few months!"

I grabbed his shirt collar and brought him so close that our noses were touching. "My throne is not up for discussion. The throne is mine and mine alone. Faolan is also not up for the discussion so jackass you better start leaving him alone from here out."

"Or what?" Mammon challenged me, eyes glittering angrily at how useless he was against me. He was afraid of me which meant he didn’t want to admit I was better than he was.

"Or I’ll take you down to my dungeons, Mammon." I told him darkly, clenching his shirt collar tighter. "I don’t care that you’re my cousin as I will still torture the living fuck out of you. I won’t stop at please or mercy either, Mammon. No, I’ll stop when your heart stops for a full ten seconds and you’re nearly dead with blood loss." I got up onto my feet, dragging him up with me before I shove him towards my door.

Mammon hit the wall next to the doorway. He let out a loud groan and step away from the door after catching his balance. "You’ll regret this." He told me firmly.

"I’m not afraid of you." I told him as my lips curl up in a smile that I knew would be cold and deadly. I felt amused too which I could tell annoyed Mammon. "You are no threat to me and never will be."

Mammon gave me one last glare before he quickly left my room, slamming the door behind him as he went. Good thing I wasn’t going to see those godly gold rings again or his ugly, fat ass again. I had walked over to my door anyways and opened it to peek outside of it. Turning my head left to right, my eyes scanning the area to make sure he truly left. Once I figured it was safe, I stepped back and closed the door softly.

I went over to where Faolan was and peered at him curiously. This was either the first time I actually observed him asleep, or I haven't look at him more. I looked over his sleeping face and marveled in it.

His eyes were closed, where his dark lashes fanned towards his cheeks. It seemed oddly long as his brown haired eyebrows furrowed a little in his sleep like he seems troubled. His nose was small, which reminded me of a button of a rabbit's nose. His upper lip was thinner than his fuller lower lip. His jaw was angular like most men but his cheeks seemed a little hollow from malnutrition. Mental note to feed him more later. I told myself firmly.

I reached out and stroked his brown hair away from his forehead. I noticed how his adam's apple moved as his lips parted a little. He made a small whine and tilted his head further into my hand. On their own accord, my lips form into a huge grin at that. His breathing at least was more steady than before as if he found comfort in my touch.

Hesitantly, I carefully laid down next to him and gazed over his face. I felt like such a stalker and growing to be a softie too. Damnit, I wasn't soft but he got under my skin somehow. I find myself gentling towards him whether I wanted to or not. I used to be a cocky, bastard and still take quite pride in that fact but now, that is slowly crumbling with Faolan. I wasn't what mortals call a Berlin's Wall. My walls can't be crumpling down that easily... Right?

Wrong my mind whispered softly which I pointedly ignored.

I held my breath as I moved my hand so it rested right against his cheek. I started to slowly moved forward, letting my nose brush against his in a soft nuzzle. He didn't move and I was glad. Was I seriously going to do this? I thought to myself as my gaze glanced over his face. I felt a small smile tugged at my lips. Hell yeah I am. I waited too long to kiss and have him. I wasn't going to wait any longer. I kept my gaze trained on him as I tilted my head a little as I itched closer.

My lips parted a little on their own as my gaze began to slid shut. My heart was literally roaring in my ears as it pounded harshly against my chest. It made me oddly nervous and I silently curse it for that reason. I never get nervous! But that didn't stop it from leaping to my throat when my lips barely brushed against his.

I knew this wasn't right, I knew it but I couldn't resist temptation any longer. I could feel my pants tightening and knew little junior was growing by the minute. I silently cursed again. I would hope that it wouldn't scare Faolan away if he does see it though. Begging the Satan to keep Faolan asleep a little longer, I began to lean--

Suddenly, there was a knock at my door. A loud, distinctive one which caused me to jerk away instantly and sit up. I put my face into my shaking hand as I let out a low growl of annoyance. I glanced over at him through my fingers, noticing him stirring. Quickly, I got up and hurried towards my bedroom door within five long strides. My shaking hadn't stopped nor did the harsh beating of my heart.

Whoever just interrupted me, I'm going to kill them so slowly and painfully! I growled mentally. They ruined my perfect opportunity of kissing my wolf. To finally feel his soft lips, to hear his soft whines of need, to feel his--- Letting out a loud snarl of frustration and anger, I swiftly opened my bedroom door so much that it slammed into the wall.

"What!?" I snapped at the being and grew angrier at the sight as I did not want to deal with this right now.

"My lord, just as you have ordered, I brought her here." Louis said, smiling at my face as if he found my anger amusing. He gave that adoring look that my father used to give me as a child and it hurt yet flattered me to see it on Louis. Louis was more like a friend-like-father to me than anyone.

"I'm tempted to just throw her in the dungeons." I grumbled as I glowered at the female lycan.

Louis had his hand on her shoulder to keep her in front of him and me. "Verin, by the way, your father wants to see you tomorrow. He wants to discuss some things with you."

Crossing my arms, I gave a curt nod. "Of course he does." I muttered bitterly. "Thank you, Louis for bringing her here. You can let her enter my room now and go tell my dad his wonderful news that his dearest son will see him."

"Watch your tone." Louis chided as he let the female go and ruffled my hair.

I glared at him when he was done. He waved his hand before he walked down the halls silently as ever. Before I could let a word out, the female lycan went right past me and entered the room. She stopped and took a deep breath in. She tensed up and her eyes widened in shock.

"Hey, what is that satan awful ass---" I began to rant but she had turned towards where my bed was and it was also where Faolan had started to get out from under the sheets. He got onto his feet before he noticed we had company. He looked up and stared at the female. His mouth dropped open, literally.

They stared at each other for a few moments and I could tell the confusion and disbelief that swirled in them. Before I could comment, the female squealed and ran to Faolan. She put her arms around his neck and buried her face against his chest. Faolan looked a bit dazed as he hesitantly yet shakily put his arms around her in return.

"I can't believe it!" The female, who I called the bitch earlier, told Faolan even though her voice was muffled against his chest. "I thought you were dead or something!"

I stared at her arms around his neck and literally she hadn't let go of him yet. Irratation spread across my body as I scowled. That was too long of an embrace. My gaze narrowed at the bitch again. I gritted my teeth together. When will she let him go? That bitch doesn't then I'm going to--!

Faolan glanced up at me, and he grimaced a bit. He carefully moved back and smiled down at the bitch. Suddenly, his whole face lit up. I frowned, confused at this new sight and dazed by it. I never actually saw him smile or laugh much here if he did at all. "Accalia, what are you doing here?" He asked the female in a frown.

Accalia frowned at him. "I was with the search party to find you." She told him. "But I ended up getting caught and ended up here with someone."

Faolan sighed and put a hand down his face. "Your brother will kill me when he finds out you're down here with me."

"Please," Accalia rolled her eyes, "my brother will get over himself. You know you're the only male for me."

"I told you many times before that I will not mate with you." Faolan said, glowering down at Accalia.

A new sight for me to see. Since when has Faolan ever... Stood up against someone? Have a real conversation besides obedience? I don't know if I like this or not. I stayed silent for a moment even though I hated being ignored. Wait a minute, my mind froze, mate? As in, sex?

"What!" I snarled, instantly furious. "You two are lovers?"

"Yes."

"Never."

The two answered together. Faolan growled lowly in his throat and pointed at Accalia. "No." He told her firmly like he was scolding a child. "First of all, you're a sister to me because of your brother. Two, I know it's not me you want but the idea of it. Lastly, I don't date a female that is more immature than me."

Accalia glared at Faolan. "Fine." She muttered, crossing her arms. "You just don't want to have sex with me."

"Exactly." Faolan said dryly.

"Hello?" I snapped at the two. "Don't fucking ignore me. Again."

Faolan looked up at me as his gaze flickered guilily. Good, he should feel guilty! I muttered in my thoughts. But she rounded on me and snarled. "Don't you order him around! He isn't like you!"

That's it. I growled out loud as well mentally. I'm going to beat the living shit of her. My face must of showed my thoughts because Faolan grabbed her and spun her towards him. "Be nice, Accalia. It is not your place to order and yell at someone else in their own home."

She stared at him, stunned. "Since when do you care?"

"I've always cared. I just didn't call you on it."

"You know, I noticed that I smelled blood..."

"Don't change the subject."

"Too late."

I put a hand through my hair, beyond irrated with the female and a little towards Faolan as well. I did not know how to react to this new change. His eyes lit up when he talked with her. He was smiling and hint of amusement was beneath it all. The fierce protectiveness he had to make her face him instead of me because I was a threat in that moment. The strength I could see hidden underneath all that made me wonder...

"Who is Faolan to you, bitch?" I finally asked out loud.

Accalia turned towards him, a bit angry at the insult. "Isn't it obvious?"

"No, please do, explain."

She turned towards me completely and crossed her arms over her chest. "Because he's famously known for--"

Faolan had covered her mouth and brought her behind him. He shook his head before his gaze met her angry and bewildered ones. "No." He told her, sternly.

"Faolan." I growled as his eyes met mine evenly. "I am only being generous so far but that is running thin. Let her answer my question."

Faolan hesitated but he slowly shook his head. "No."

"No?" I asked in disbelief. "I'm not asking, Faolan. I'm demanding it."

Faolan swallowed and shook his head again. "And I said no, Verin." He whispered. "There are some things even you are better off knowing."

I felt anger rip through my body. "But she knows!" I pointed at Accalia accusingily, who gave me a haughty look over Faolan's hand.

"She has to know."

"Why?"

"Because..." Faolan took a deep breath. "She's a pack member of mine."

"You got to be fucking kidding me!" I rose my hands in the air. Just great, now Faolan is going to be acting different because of a bitch! I thought moodily.But deep down, I secretly wanted to know more about his life before he came here and she was the perfect tool for that.

A smile began to grace my lips at the idea as my eyes glanced over at her. I noticed Faolan so our gazes met. Faolan must of figued it out because his face paled a little and his gaze reflected his rejection of the idea.

Too bad for him.

__________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

What do you think of my chapter this time around? I felt like I rushed it, honestly. Does Mammon sound and look familar now? What does Accalia know?

Well, anyways, I am disappointed that neither of the three goals weren't met as I thought two of them were really simple. I only updated because I wanted to and felt like I was getting some feedback. I'm not going to update for awhile again though and I can't tell how long that will be.

Today has been a very irratating day for me so I'm a bit mad about everything including as silly as not having at least ONE goal being made. Is it so hard to make two sentences after reading a chapter? Is that really asking so much? For feedback to know if you truly like my story or not?

I'm sorry for leaving such an annoying note afterwards but like I said I'm irratated, disappointed and frustrated. Just be glad I uploaded today as soon as I got it done instead of waiting a week for results that seems to not grow at all. My goals still stand until they are fullfilled which are 2,000 votes, 1,000 comments and 150,000 reads.

If one of those goals are met, I'll feel better and hopefully I'll get the next chapter up as soon as possible. I'll start on it when I get over my frustration.

So have a better day than me and a better reading experience.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.2K 37
-- This has been discontinued, but a new story with the same characters and premise will be available soon! Do follow me to keep updated! -- Kyler Pa...
304K 28.3K 117
After uncovering a series of grisly murders, the Holy Church sends Seren to investigate one of their prime suspects; a mysterious dhampir named Lore...
1.3M 11.3K 11
On his first moon, Aden shifts into a stunning white wolf with red marking, the sign of a perfect sub, the dream of any dominant male. To him, it's a...
581K 23.7K 25
This is going to be a boyxboy story, so if you don't feel comfortable reading this, don't. I'm perfectly fine if you're against these things, but if...