Revealed [UNDERGOING EDITING]

By RHE_OF_LIGHT

They say you don't remember a lot from when you are young. That all you have are feelings and emotions. But I... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20- Duke Baxter
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25- Caleb
Chapter 26- Sephora
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue - Sarah
Acknowledgements
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 18

2.7K 212 19
By RHE_OF_LIGHT

Before any of us could move, Des slammed her fist across Jaydel's face. Jaydel blacked out on impact and fell to the floor with a hard thud.

Des looked at Jaydel for a few seconds before not-so-gently kicking her in the ribs.

"One punch huh, that's all it took. That is a pity," she said, shaking her head mockingly.

She turned to Caleb and gave him a sweet smile.

"Gosh, Caleb. First you bring princess here who almost got us killed. Then you bring Jaydel who also tries to kill us. Next time you should just bring a machine gun," she snarled rolling her eyes.

Caleb looked at Uncle Dan, completely ignoring Des.

"Uncle, we need to get out of here, fast. Hunters are going to be all over this place in a matter of seconds," he said .

"Relax boy. My software blocks all signals going in and coming out of this house. The Hunters didn't receive the signal but it won't be long before they get impatient and storm in anyway. The software only bought us about ten minutes, max," Uncle Dan said.

"So, here's what I propose," he continued, "Timmy and I have an evacuation plan that will not only buy us some time, but also enable us to leave without a trace. What do you think Caleb?"

"I trust your judgement, Uncle," Caleb replied.

Uncle Dan got a wicked gleam in his eye as he turned to Timmy.

"Son, execute Final Stand," he said smiling.

Timmy's eyes widened at those words. He looked around the house slowly before stopping mid turn.

"Dad, what about those people?" he said, pointing and Jaydel and the two men.

"That's right. They would spoil the fun. Hmm..." Uncle Dan tapped his chin thoughtfully for a couple of seconds. Then snapped his fingers and turned to us.

"Which one of you has the speed talent?" he asked.

Lila timidly put up her hand.

"Good. I need you to take each of these people into the woods. They don't need to be too far away, maybe about a hundred metres," he said.

Lila gave him a quick nod and in less than a minute she had completed her task.

"Whoa," Timmy said, with his mouth hanging open.

Lila gave him a smile causing Timmy to look down at the floor.

"Thank you. Timmy will take you to the meeting spot while I take care of some business over here. Timmy you know the drill. If I am not there in ten minutes you have to leave," Uncle Dan said pinning him with a stern glare.

"Cool. But just in case I forget, you should probably get there on time." Timmy said, grinning cheekily.

Uncle Dan laughed  before pulling him into a tight hug and pointed him towards the door. Timmy grabbed a pack from a nearby closet before gesturing for us to follow him.

We grabbed our stuffed and trailed after him, wondering what was going on.

Timmy took us on a strange path through the forest. He would walk in one direction for a couple of seconds before randomly twisting around to another path.

Finally, we got to a small clearing. Timmy immediately sat on a stump, brought out a handheld device and started playing a game. The rest of us just stood around waiting for something to happen.

A couple of minutes later, Timmy looked at his watch and smiled. He reached into his pack and brought out a set of headphones. He put them on and glanced at his watch again.

"Three...two...one..." he muttered.

BOOM!

We all whipped towards the loud sound and saw a cloud of fire and smoke rising towards the sky. It was a glorious sight to behold as the yellows and oranges of the fire danced with thick, jet black of the smoke.

Timmy was practically rolling on the floor with happiness at the sight of the explosion. Caleb walked over to him snatched the headphones off his head.

"That was your house, wasn't it?" Caleb asked, amused at Timmy's antics.

"Yep," Timmy sputtered through the laughter.

"We've been waiting a long time to blow up that house. Too long." Timmy said sobering slightly. He suddenly seemed much older than he was.

I made a mental note to ask Caleb about it.

"So now we wait for Uncle Dan to come, right?" I asked.

"No need to wait. I am right here," said Uncle Dan walking out from the woods and he was absolutely filthy. His face was covered in black smears and he was soaked in some sort of thick liquid.

"Final Stand, huh," Caleb said smirking at his Uncle.

"Yep. The Globe men always have the last word," Uncle Dan said grinning back.

There was definitely a story there.

"This is really touching, but you do realise we no longer have a plan," Des said.

At her words Uncle Dan and Caleb became serious again.

"I actually don't know what to do anymore, Uncle. My original plan was to use your connections to get to somewhere safe but that won't work anymore since you are supposed to be dead right now. I don't even know where to start," Caleb said, frustration dripping from his words.

"If you are looking for somewhere to start, you could figure out why there are nine energies in this group but only eight people who are supposed to have it," Timmy said, without looking up from his game.

Every turned to him in shock including Uncle Dan who exclaimed, "TIMMY!"

Timmy looked up from his game at the sound of his father's voice.

"Oops," he said turning back to his game.

Caleb looked at Uncle Dan suspiciously.

"Uncle Dan, how is Timmy able to sense energy? Last time I checked, it wasn't a Guardian power."

Uncle Dan seemed to search for some sort of excuse before giving up with a long sigh.

"Ever since Timmy was little, his Guardian power has always been a little bit different. He was stronger than the average Guardian and faster but it wasn't until recently that things really began to change. He began to sense different types of energy around him but that wasn't all. Show them Timmy," Uncle Dan said.

Timmy dropped his game on his lap and began to concentrate. Suddenly, Timmy began to fade until we couldn't see him at all. The only indicator that Timmy was ever there was the device still visible where his legs previously were.

"Timmy, mind external features," Uncle Dan cautioned.

Slowly the device also faded from view too.

"How is this possible Uncle?" Caleb asked in shock.

Uncle Dan wiped his face wearily before answering.

"I initially thought it had something to do with the fact that I was given the energy directly, but after a while I realized it just didn't make sense," Uncle Dan said.

Then something occurred to me.

"Caleb, what if the energy is changing for everyone like it did with mine?" I said.

"That would make sense except for the fact that not everyone's power has changed," Caleb replied.

We turned to the Masters who suddenly found the ground to be extremely interesting.

"Guys, your power hasn't changed right?" I said staring at them.

They all looked at each other then turned to Alex.

"We all got new powers in addition to our normal ones a few weeks back. We're sorry guys, High Trainer Globe told us to keep it a secret," he said.

"Really, after everything we've been through you're keeping secrets," I said.

"I know Sephora. We are so sorry," Lila said. The sincere tone in her voice drove away all anger.

Everywhere got really silent for a while until Timmy spoke.

"So what powers do you guys have now?" he asked excitedly.

Chris smiled in his cocky way and raised his hands in Timmy's direction.
Timmy shot up in the air like a rocket and immediately began to shout. Chris gently lowered him back to the ground.

"Telekinesis," Chris said. His grin was even wider.

"Awesome." Timmy looked at Chris with a mixture of fear and envy.

Then Alex walked up to Timmy and held a hand to his cheek. Timmy suddenly started to age rapidly in front of our eyes until he looked just as old as his Dad.

Timmy looked at his Dad.

"No more curfew," he said in a deep voice.

Everyone laughed at this. Then Alex changed him back.

"I have the ability to change other people's appearance," Alex said.

We turned to Lila, waiting for her demonstration.

Lila looked back at all of us then disappeared. In less than a minute she appeared back with a huge sombrero and a poncho.

"I am able to transport anywhere in the world," she tossed the poncho at Timmy who caught it gleefully.

Then it was only Luke left.

Luke stared at Timmy with a tense look on his face. Timmy's eyes widened.

"Luke said that Sephora should bring out the journal from her bag. He says it's where the extra energy is coming from," Timmy said.

"You have telepathy," Caleb said. Luke grunted in response.

I reached into my bag and brought out the journal, feeling the same tingle as I had before.

I opened it up and pushed my energy into the page and just like before words appeared on the page.

My dear Sephora, I am so glad you made it out safely. Make your way to Portugal. I have a base there where you and the rest of the group will be safe.

I read out the note to everyone.

"Well," Caleb said, "I guess we are going to Portugal."

A/N: Also, I know this is another calm chapter but it is definitely part of a build up. So stay tuned for the action. My question for this chapter is : What do you think about the changes to the powers?

This chapter was edited on 16/01/16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402 0 14
Amber and Benjamin have just reached their thirteen year mark. They are moved to the planet with the others from their age group. Can they survive he...
685 29 29
I am not your typical 16 year-old girl going around obsessing over boy bands and clothes, I can't obsess over those things on a daily when everyday I...
575 87 28
I ducked my head, thinking about the risk I was about to take. I was breathing quickly. I looked around, making sure people weren't around--and jumpe...
33K 1.8K 41
Little did I know that a knock on my front door on a Wednesday afternoon would turn my life upside down. It would change everything. Had I have kno...