Illusion ➵ Zach Mitchell

By ELBloom

COMPLETED "You never had control, that's the illusion! I was overwhelmed by the power of this place. But I ma... More

Book I: Illusion
「one」
01 ➵ foreshadow
02 ➵ monorail
03 ➵ mosasurus
04 ➵ tyrannosaurus
05 ➵ gyrosphere
06 ➵ indominus
07 ➵ park
「two」
08 ➵ perfigure
09 ➵ pterodactyl
10 ➵ loss
11 ➵ velociraptor
12 ➵ run
13 ➵ attack
14 ➵ gmo
15 ➵ pack
「three」
16 ➵ breathe
17 ➵ allies
18 ➵ aftermath
19 ➵ unleased
20 ➵ discovery
21 ➵ accident
23 ➵ battlefield
24 ➵ solution
+1 ➵ Making It Work
+2 ➵ Pillow Talks
+3 ➵ Late Night Texts
+4 ➵ First Dates
Recommendations
Copying
Wattys 2015
NEW BOOK: FROM OUR BLOOD

22 ➵ hoscorp

2.8K 107 17
By ELBloom

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. But here's a chapter.

Enjoy

And watch only (about) the first minute of the video on the side. Please do not hold me accountable for whatever weirdness comes after that. Lol

Please comment and vote if you want the next chapter!

ILLUSION

[chapter twenty two]

Zach's POV: Previously

"Forget it. It's not like you have much room to talk," I snapped at her. "You're sitting here talking about taking down something that your father believed in. Your dad's dead and all you care about is destroying this stupid island! You haven't even cried once!"

My mind didn't register the words I said before they left my mouth. I saw her flinch, her eyes glazing over. She looked so broken. My own shoulders slumped. I hadn't meant what I said. I was just mad that she would bring up my family. Yeah I know I seem distant, but it was better to be that way. My parents haven't had the best marriage, and with me being the oldest, I had to be the one to shelter Gray from that. I guess it made me hard.

I glanced down at Mari. Her eyes were watery and I knew she was crying. I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. I couldn't keep my mouth shut when I needed to and I could say the right thing when I'm supposed to. No wonder I'm a horrible boyfriend.

I wasted silently as Mari got up and walked over to the bed. She slid her hand in between the mattress, looking for something, before pulling out something small and black. Without saying anything to me, she made her way to the door.

"Where are you going? Mari?" I reached my hand out to grab her. I just needed her to face me so I could explain myself. Apologize.

She turned to face me, her eyes blazing. She gripe my hand tightly, pulling me off of her. Her brown eyes darkened. "Do not. Touch me," she spit, jerking away from me. I felt my heart shatter as she walked past Gray, who I didn't notice, soundlessly.

I fell back into the couch. Laying my head back, I groaned. I never remembered Kelly being this hard to deal with. With Mari, I never know what she's gonna do next. I sat up, sighing. Maybe what I said was a little harsh. Bringing up her dad? That's low. I put my head in my hands and groaned again. What was I going to do?

"What happened with Mari?" Gray asked, sitting down next to me.

"Nothing, Gray! Don't worry about it," I mumbled, running my fingers through my hair. Where was she even going?

"Sorry...."

I sighed, looking down at Gray. "No, Gray, I'm sorry. Shouldn't have blown up on you. Listen, you stay here. Imma go find Mari and apologize, ok?" I get up and head to the door. I needed to find her.

"Apologize for what? Zach, what's going on?" I heard him ask before I shut the door behind me, heading down to the lobby.

The lobby is still crowded, but with less people, most of them sleeping. I searched the floor until my eyes landed on a rapidly bobbing red head. Claire was on the phone as always. I smile as I remember what Mari had said to me.

"Oh sorry, are you talking to me? I didn't recognize you without your eyes glued to your phone," she smirked.

"There you go with the phone again," I teased, "I'm just trying to have a pleasant conversation with you, Mari, and you just have to get all jealous about my phone. I get it." I leaned in closer to her, hoping to catch her off guard. "You like me and wished I talked to you more instead of being on my phone."

Taunting a girls feelings had always worked for me. I watched as her smirk fell and her eyes narrowed. "Is that really your pick up line?" she mocks, "it's not working."

Shut. Hurry think of something cunning. "I'm just giving you what you want." I wink at her, smirking as Mari rolls her eyes.

"And what could that possibly be?"

"More of me, of course." Her eyes widen, but she says nothing. I've got her right where I want her. Slowly, I lean in close, waiting to feel her lips press against mine. I hear a muffled laugh, but before I can open my eyes, my elbow slides, sending me to the ground.

"Damn it," I curse. She played me.

"Kiss game weak." I hear her laugh, walking away. I stay on the ground. I really like her.

Squeezing my way past people and tip toeing around sleeping people. "Hey, Aunt Claire!" I called, running up to her. She held the phone away from here ear, looking up at me. "Have you seen Mari? I need to talk to her."

"Yes, actually, I did. I asked her where she was going, but she just disappeared around the corner not too long ago. I thought she was on bed rest? Isn't she supposed to be upstairs, resting? How's her arm?"

"Her arm's fine, I just really need to find her."

"I'm sorry, Zach. I have seen her since." Her phone rings again and I sigh as she picks it up. "Claire Dearing. Operations Manager at...." I walk away. Clearly she wasn't going to be much help.

I running my hand through my hair, frustrated. I spot Owen hanging around near the entrance, talking with soldiers. He was my last chance. He has to know where she went. He hasn't let her out of his sight since we met. There was no way he'd let her do anything stupid.

I walk up to Owen who sends away the men before turning to me. "You're looking for Mari," he states. I nod. How does he know that already?

"She walked outside."

My eyebrows knit together. How could he just let her go out there? "Why would she do that? With whatever hell that's been unleashed out there?"

Owen narrowed his eyes at me, stepping closer. "What do you know that I don't?"

I gulped.

Marella's POV

I screamed, frustrated. I had tried countless codes and nothing worked. Whoever created that virus was, and I hate to admit it, far too advanced for me. Slamming my hands on the keyboard, I gave up. There was nothing I could do now. Tangling my finger through my hair, I pulled, groaning.

I stood up. I was screwed, we all were screwed. What have I done? I screamed again. How was I going to fix this? If someone got hurt or worse, it would be my fault. Hot tears fell from my face as I slumped near the door. I had never cried this much before and it felt as if it would never stop.

I heard a banging sound which knocked me out of my daze. My lips formed a line, and I wiped my cheeks, glaring at the door. I was furious now. I huffed and pushed myself up. I needed to stop feeling sorry about myself and actually do something. The logical thing to do would be to contact Owen, tell him that I'm sorry and that I messed up, but that wasn't the first thing to come to mind. No, the first thing I wanted to do was find Dr. Wu and smash his head in. This was his fault as much as it was mine.

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" I shout, banging my fist along the glass walls. I didn't know what I was going to do once I found him, but I did know that there was going to be a lot of fist to face contact. "Come out and face me, you coward!"

I ran down the hall to the center of the Innovation Center. He couldn't have gotten far, especially with InGen right outside. There is a bright light shining through the glass doors. I rush to them. It's a spotlight from a helicopter. Shit, he's getting away. No, no, no. I pretty much fell down the stairs trying to get to him, but I was too late. The helicopter was too high up.

But that helicopter was the least of my worries. No, I should be worrying about the multiple helicopters threatening to land almost right on top of me. I scrambled to get out of the way, running behind an InGen truck. Where were the soldiers? How could they have just disappeared?

I covered my ears as the blades slowed and the helicopters landed. I watched wide eyed as men jumped down, all carrying guns. I scooted closer to get a better look. Written on the side of the helicopter and on their vest was HosCorp. HosCorp?

"Alrighty men, I want my tech. team in that control room," a large man shouted, "and I want G1 to scope the area. Find the girl." The men dispersed in every direction, none of them looking at where I was. I breathed in deeply. Think, Mari.

I groaned quietly hitting my head on the car door. How do I always end up in these situations? I have thought way too much this whole trip. I just wanted this to be over. I wanted to way up in my bed and have this all be just a horrible nightmare.

I scanned Main Street. Not a body in sight. I cautiously raise my hand to the door and pulled it open, slipping in inside. It was dark and I couldn't see anything. I rubbed the seat next to me. Please, please let there be keys.

No such luck. "Damn it." What now, Mari?

I hear the revving of an engine and I duck down. Shit, shit, shit. I pull myself to the back seat, sliding over the armrest. My eyes skimmed the wall, looking fe something, anything, that I could use to defend myself. I grabbed one of the stick tasers. The back doors were yanked open. Without thinking, I turned on the taser and struck the attacker.

"Ow, shit," they moaned, clutching their side. I used this time to strake again. If I could injure them enough to get them off their feet, I could easily slip away. "Damn it, Mari, cut it out. It's me, Zach."

Zach? I drop the weapon and walk to the doors. I see the shadow of Zach's scowling face. I wrap my arms around him, squeezing him to me. I was tired of thinking; I just wanted Zach to take care of me.

I felt him grab my waist, helping me down form the truck. I kissed him briefly. "How'd you get here?"

He smiled cunningly. "On that," he nodded. I followed his nod and saw Owen's motorcycle.

"You came for me on that," I gush, my cheeks reddening. "Awe, Zach." I pull his face to mine, smiling the whole time. I deepened the kiss, forgetting that we had fought, forgetting about the impending danger, forgetting myself. I think that's why I like Zach so much, he makes me take a step back and stops me from overthinking too much. Zach Mitchell was refreshing.

"Enough of that, you two. We have to go, now."

Zach and I broke apart, both of our lips red from the lip-lock. Owen stood, hands on hips as always, with his signature grim expression. I raise my eyebrow and glance at Zach. "You said that you were that own who came to get me."

"I did," he urged, "holding on to Owen the whole time...." He shrugged, giving me a side smile. His smile is contagious and I peck him on the lips.

"Alright, you will have plenty of time to do that horny teenage stuff later. Will you get on the bike?"

After a motorcycle ride that was way more complicated than it need to be, we ending up at some shake near the edge of the island.

"That was the most uncomfortable ride ever," Zach mumbled, trying to get off the bike only to have his foot get caught. I muffled a laugh as he fell to the ground.

"What? You thought I'd let you wrap your arms around her at romantic-like." Owen mocked. "Yeah, not happening with me around buddy. You can keep your hands to yourself."

I snickered. Zach was mad that he was the one that had to sit in between Owen and I. "I think it might have been more awkward for Owen...."

He glares and we follow Owen up the porch steps. The floorboards creaked under my feet. Even in the dark, I can tell that this place wasn't the nicest, but it didn't scream 'Jurassic World,' so I felt save. I've had enough of this park to last a lifetime, maybe even more than one.

"What is this place," I ask, looking around me.

"This is the only place untouched by Jurassic World. Welcome to my bungalow." Owen pushed open the screen door and I walked inside.

*

Sorry, it's corny, I know. Writing this just made me think of the beginning of that video!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 75 11
The first book following the first installation of Jurrasic Park. Clarissa Hammond is the youngest daughter of John Hammond. Clarissa is a paleontolo...
4.4K 114 9
for some unknown reason, you have always been drawn to dinosaurs. it was your dream to work with them somehow in your future. you longed to see them...
223K 6.8K 31
You've always been reckless and have taken risks, dangerous risks, especially when your older brother was Owen Grady; an ex-Navy officer. Owen always...
64K 1.5K 20
*COMPLETED, UNDER EDITING.* You'd think working in Jurassic World would be filled with more excitement. But not for (Y/N) (L/N), being best friends w...