His Last Joke (Sequel to His...

By DCfreakxox

Previously after Eva getting involved in pursuing a certain jewel with The Joker and The Riddler. Evangeline... More

Blank
Home?
I'm Back!
Patient 0801
Therapy Begins
Back Story ?!
I Know You
Dinners and Skype Calls
Concrete.
Home?
Settling Back
Just Like Me!
History Repeats Itself
8:30-ish
Behind The Cowl
Is This Goodbye?
Take Me To Him
Here Comes Natalie
Wayne Manor
Fake Blondes
Hot Dogs and Chess?
Alone
Falling Back
Black Out
Miss me?
Founder's island
Package Delivery
Breaking The Bat
Titan
The Power's Call
Test Results
Merry Christmas
Batman To The Rescue
Put Batsie On Speed Dial
The Bat Has To Die
Daughter of The Demon
The Demon Trials
The Grand Finale
Author's Note

Glass Slides and Love Bugs

3.5K 139 25
By DCfreakxox

~ Chapter 8 ~

  It's been 5 days since my..harsh..session with the Joker. Those 5 days included 2 lovely sessions with him. Today was Monday, which meant another session where he surprises me with how many different ways he could hurt/threaten/kill me. Yeah..he didn't really take my little outburst really well. 

Today they were allowing the session to be held in the confined interrogation cell instead of the normal session cells. Something about threatening the guard and renovating the glass since he almost broke through. I was getting ready since he was the first session today..well the only session. Nathan walked into the room as I was putting on my heels and smiled at me.

"Someone looks pretty today.." He said snaking his arms around my waist as I stood up.

"Hmh..? Uh yeah..thank you." I mumbled awkwardly.

"So, yesterday..I was talking to Arkham.." He started.

"Yeah?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"And..We're having dinner with him and Pierce tonight!" He continued.

"Pierce?" I asked not understanding where this was going.

"Yeah, Graham Pierce..The IT manager! My head of department.." He explained.

"I was hoping you could leave early and get ready..And maybe throw in a few good words about me in front of them..You know..So maybe I could finally join the doctors' side yeah?" He spoke and I awkwardly nodded at him.

"Alright great, I'll pick you up at 3:30. That's when your session ends right?" He asked.

"Yup..I'm gonna be at building C today though..study cell." I explained.

"Okay perfect then." He said before leaving the room.

I put on my robe and grabbed my things before following behind Nathan. We made it to the asylum just a few minutes early, which gave me the perfect amount of time to pick up my papers from my desk. I gathered my things and made my way to building C. I slid my ID card and the hallway's metal doors slid open. 

I opened the first door, entering the monitor section outside of the room. I looked at the screen and saw the guard in the Joker's section behind the glass. Joker was getting cuffed by the guard, but it didn't look like they were on good terms. I saw the guard say something then the Joker gave a hateful chuckle before leaning closer to the guard. I picked up the head phones and pressed on the button to listen in.

"You look like you need to hear a joke.. to uh..loosen up." Joker said.

"Did you hear the one about the dead security guard..with the..broken glass in his guts.." Joker started.

I immediately let go of the button and took off the speakers. I opened the door and entered my half of the room. Joker turned to look at me and the guard was already out the door on his side. I took a deep breath and sat down in relief. Joker on the other hand wasn't sitting down. They didn't give him a chair. The dim light on his side of the room shadowed behind him as he stood, towering over me. I looked up at him and he was still looking at the door where the guard had left. I waited until he was done then he turned to me.

"You know, he's much better than the other guy..he's got some humor about him. He needs to learn to be patient though. He'll probably be staying here for a long time..like me." He spoke putting his palm on the glass.

"Good morning, Joker. I hope you're feeling cooperative today." I greeted him, ignoring his remark.

"Oh I'm always cooperative doll, it just depends on the topic..or the person." He said looking away.

"I'm sorry if our questions don't fit to amuse you..Joker." I replied ignoring the end of his comment.

"Oh no, I'm very amused." He spoke stepping closer to the glass.

"What makes you think you'll be staying here for long? I thought you said this was all by your free will." I asked ignoring him again.

" But it is." He nodded frantically, reassuring me with his eyes.

"Things just happen to be..moving slowly for me." He continued.

"Your uh 'friends' don't want to get you out?" I pushed.

"No! No. You see, you still don't get it. I'm not the captive, I'm the captor. I'm here because I'm the one getting somebody out." He says inching closer till there's just a strand of space between his nose and the glass.

"No you're not. You're just toying with everyone, aren't you? Just like Nathan and everyone else said...You'll never spill the real reason you're here. No, not that easily. I won't buy it." I said raising my eyebrows at him.

"Oh Nathan this ! Nathan that !" He yelled trying to mimic my hand gestures, before slamming both his hands on the glass.

"Who even is that bastard you keep jabbering on about?!" He questioned me.

"Don't say that about him! How rude! He's my fiancee you jerk!" I yelled and he took a few steps back.

"What..fiancee? You never had a fiancee.." He whispered.

"Wait..you..you mean that..that intern..correct?" He looked back up at me.

"No! What are you even talking about?! Well, he was but that was like two years ago!" I spoke up again.

"Tell me something Eva, he was your childhood crush..right? Your first love." He said approaching the glass again.

"Yes, but..how do you even know that?!" I asked.

He looked like he was about to say something, but all of a sudden the fire in his eyes died down. He smiled and shifted his weight on his other leg .

"He was just a good ole friend of mine, that's all." He said after a long pause.

I was about to say something before a creaking from the speakers came.

" Testing testing..Check, one..two.

"Nathan.." I said softly, turning to the door.

"Ohh, well speak of the devil!" Joker said as Nathan came through the door behind me.

I turned back to Joker, and he was smirking then gave me shrug.

"Hey lovebug." Nathan spoke making his way over to me.

I looked at Joker was had walked over to the right of the cell, squinting his eyes, and getting a look at Nathan.

I stood up and he gave me a hug. I could see Joker's expression go back to normal, over his shoulder repeating the words 'lovebug' then making a gagging face.

"Hi, I'm not done yet..." I spoke pulling away.

"I know, but I was! Plus, I need some practice if I'm going to switch departments.." He replied, winking at me.

"Hahah yeah..Could you maybe step outside for a moment, while I finish this really quick? Doctor-Patient confidentiality." I said awkwardly.

He looked at me then at Joker behind me, who had a sarcastic worried face and was nodding while mouthing 'yeah'. Nathan then nodded, closing the door and stepping outside.

"Doctor-Patient 'confidentiality'. Alright..not the way I like it but a little foreplay is always in order I guess.." Joker spoke up as Nathan stepped out.

I turned around and glared at him and he raised his arms in defeat.

"Hey, I'm open to suggestions!" He said before smirking.

------------------------------------------------------------------

SOO! Here's today's update!!

I hope you guys liked this one!

Hopefully another update will be up today!

Anddd! Eva will probably be remembering soon..So, watch out!

I hope you're all having a great day!

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

Much love xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

571 5 15
Eri is on the run when everything turns upside down and she doesn't know what to do.
9.6K 276 25
harleen has lived in Gotham her whole life, and now that she's in highschool, everything feels different.... even her feelings for her best friend ar...
494K 15.4K 40
Evangeline Striker. 25 years old. Has a PHD in psychology, and is a current Dr. at the Arkham Asylum. What happens when a past patient is back? Will...
5.3K 231 33
Harley Quinn is arrested by Batman and thrown in Arkham, where she meets the infamous Poison Ivy and realises her attraction to the Mistress of Seduc...