With Your Love

By heyitshusna

******READ A BIT OF MY LATEST CHAPTER TO SEE HOW MUCH MY WRITING HAS IMPROVED LIKE HONEST ITS SO CRINGEY I CA... More

Please read before you continue!!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
<Authors Note>
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11 (Re-posted)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's Note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
PLEASE READ
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
I need your help!
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Important!
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Very tragic news (maybe?) (Important!!)
Chapter 64
Epilogue

Chapter 45

264K 5.2K 1K
By heyitshusna

(This one is for you Richa, I love you so much ok)

Chapter 45

Josh strutted towards me, popping his hips, swinging a shirt in the air, attracting attention towards us. I burst into giggles dancing along to the music that was playing through the store.

Yep, this is my work, and I loved every minute of it. Since Josh and I were working in the back, and there was no one working here, we were allowed to goof off.  I freaking love this job!

“Starships were meant to fly

Hands up and touch the sky

Can’t stop ‘cause we’re so high

Let’s do this one more time”

Josh and I sang quietly, not wanting the other co-workers to hear as we danced along to the music, jumping and hip thrusting. We shimmied rocking our heads to the music. Josh started to do the sprinkler which made my entire body erupt with giggles.

“Josh, you’re so gay.” I laughed hitting him with a shirt that I was supposed to be folding and putting out for clearance.

He looked around, making sure no one was looking before he flipped me the bird.

“Hey Val?” Josh asked. I glanced over at him, nodding my head awaiting his question.

“Fu*k who you want and fu*k who you like” Josh stated gently patting my bum making me squeal in surprise.

I laughed “Josh, Austin is coming this way, quick pretend like you’re doing something!” I quickly stated as I turned away from Josh, making it look like I was working the whole time.

Josh also quickly turned around and got back to folding his section of clothes as soon as Austin walked over to us.

“Everything okay here Valerie?” He asked leaning onto the freshly folded clothes.

“Just peachy!” I stated flashing him a smile.

“Perfect. If you ever need to go over the Abercrombie employees hand book over dinner, then I would be happy to help.” I mentally rolled my eyes. First of all, there was no such thing as an ‘Abercrombie employees hand book’ and second of all, Austin is a jerk and I would never want to have dinner with him.

“No thanks.” I stated, deciding against all the rude things I could’ve said.

“Aw, come on!” He stated giving my shoulder a bit of a nudge.

“She said no bro, let it go! That starship...” He said pointing towards me

“…Is meant to fly, away from you anyway.” Josh finished, cackling at his lame joke.

I cracked a smile, looking back to Austin.

“So tomorrow then?” Austin asked.

I sighed, trying not to roll my eyes “No, not tomorrow, now get back to work!” I laughed pushing against his chest a little.

Damn, he was buff, but a jerk. A very buff jerk.

“You could feel more of my chest, all you need to do is ask!” He stated over his shoulder as he returned to the cash registers.

I sighed, a little laugh escaping my lips. I could get used to this job...

*

“Hi! Welcome to Abercrombie, anything special you’re looking for?”  I asked a girl around my age who had walked in.

“Not really.” The girl replied with a small smile.

I nodded my head and returned to folding the clothing. Taylor didn’t have the shift I was working, and Josh was working in the back, while I was in the front folding and organizing some of the clothes.

So far, work had been going pretty great. The only thing I didn’t love was the fact that you could only wear Abercrombie clothes. Other than that, it was better than Nandos and it paid pretty well.

My mum and Taylor’s mum also helped us pay rent a bit, so we could survive on the money we were making.

It was around five in the afternoon, and I was almost done with my shift. It has gone pretty smoothly, and I actually enjoyed it. Occasionally, Josh would stop by where I was working and we would just fool around, and it was really fun. We would dance along to the music, scream loudly, and the best part was that nobody even noticed our fooling off. We would always get back to work when someone would pass by us.

One of the assistant managers came up to me and gently tapped my shoulder.

“Hmm?” I asked turning towards him. His sparkling green eyes caught me off guard and caused my heart to skip a beat.

“Sorry Val, but we’re going to have to end your shift early. We over-booked too many people to come in and work their shift. If it’s okay with you. I’m really sorry, It’s my fault, I can just send someone else home-”

“No really, it’s fine! I’ll just work an extra hour tomorrow.” I replied honestly. I just wanted to go over to Niall’s and watch a movie or something.

I was a love-sick puppy. Every second that I was with him, all I thought about was how I never wanted to leave. And every second I was without him, he was all that was on my mind.

“Perfect! Sorry about that again!” He told me offering me a gentle smile.

“No problem!” I smiled, ready to hit home.

*

I looked up at the sky to see that it was starting to look cloudy. I smiled, knowing that it was going to be a good day.

Since I didn’t have my license, I had to walk from work back home. Thank God, the mall wasn’t that far from my house, so even if it did start pouring, I would make it home without dying.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, startling me. I reached into my back pocket, looking over at the screen to see who was calling.

Skylar

Skylar, you know, Ashley’s sister?

I quickly slid my finger over my phone, bringing it up to my ear.

“Hello?” I asked loudly over the wind.

“Hey Valerie! It’s Skylar! Sorry to bug and all, but we need to go dress shopping for the wedding! Ashley explained that you won’t have to be a bridesmaid, I totally understand, it takes a lot of time and stuff, but none of noticed how soon the wedding is and-”

I tried to keep up with her rambling, words flying in every direction possible.

“Woah, woah, woah Skylar, calm down! Where do you want to meet up?! I need to get a dress for the wedding as well, so right now then?!” I asked, stopping in the middle of the side walk.

“Perfect! Me, Ashley, and my daughter, Sapphire are going to be the ones there. We can use all the opinions we can get on the dresses!” She added.

“Sure thing! Do you want me to meet you guys at the bridal boutique you’re going to be at?”

“No darling, just tell us where you are, and we’ll pick you up.” Skylar quickly stated.

“Okay, that would be perfect! I’ll text you the address I’m at right now, and I guess I’ll see you in a bit.”

“Yes babe, perfect! Bye now.”

“Bye!” I chirped hanging up. I looked up at my phone to see that I only had 4% of battery left. I mentally cursed as I quickly texted Skylar the address of where I was.

*

We had walked into the store, amazed at the selection of dresses they had.

“Oh my freaking god.” Sapphire stated as she took in the view.

Sapphire was 17, almost 18, whereas I just recently turned 19.  Sapphire was a super funny girl, who was really easy to get along with. I was jealous of her sparkling blue eyes that reminded me loads of Niall’s.

Come on Valerie, snap out of it!

I groaned shaking my head a little.

“Okay girls, go pick out whatever dresses you like! And hurry!” Ashley stated giving us a little shove. We were already late for out bridal appointment, so the shop would have to stay open a bit later for us.

I looked around, trying to find something that I liked. The boutique was pretty big, so I had no idea where to even start!

“I’ll look left, Val, you look right, Mom will look in the front and Aunty Ashley will look in the back. Okay in 3, 2, swag!” Sapphire yelled pushing me through the store. I let out a small laugh at her Bieber reference.

I then remembered why I was here and started scrambling through dresses.

*

~Taylor’s Point Of View~

I called Valerie’s phone one more time, but it got sent right to voicemail. Damn, where was she?!

She left work at five, but never came home and I was starting to get worried.

“Did she answer?!” Niall’s voice came from the living area.

“Nope! I’m sorry Ni, I know how excited you were about tonight.” I stated honestly.

A couple moments of silence passed before I heard Niall sigh, “It’s okay.”

The hint of sadness in his voice made my heart break. Niall was like a brother, and I didn’t like how he was sad.

Really, Valerie picked today to come home late? Ever since last night when Niall told me what was going on between Val and him, I felt this rush of energy just thinking of the two of them.

Although I do hope that they aren’t going to end being one of those super clingy couples. That would be annoying.

I sighed as I tried calling Valerie again.

*

~Valerie’s Point Of View~

 “I look like a muffin for Christ’s sake!” Sapphire mumbled looking down at her pink, overly sized, sweetheart neck, strapless dress.

I bit my tongue, knowing that she was right. This dress was terrible, and the color was even more awful. It was bubblegum pink, causing me to want to vomit.

That color just really pulled a nerve in me for some reason.

“Ugh! I just can’t find a color that I like to contrast through the wedding!” Ashley complained. Don’t get me wrong, Ashley wasn’t a bridezilla, but it has been over three hours and we were all getting a bit grumpy.

None of the dresses seemed to fit the feel of the wedding, which was supposed to be ‘starry night’.

I personally loved the theme, and from what I knew, every detail was planned out. I still haven’t seen Ashley’s dress, and neither has Skylar or Sapphire. Ashley want it to be a surprise for everyone at the ceremony, so we weren’t allowed to see it until she was at the altar.

“I don’t know, can someone please give me a shot?!” Ashley asked rubbing her temples.

“Sorry, but no drinking in the store.” One of the annoying sales ladies piped up. I groaned, annoyed at everything as I pattered Ashley’s back.

“We’ll get through it.” I encouraged.

She gave me a weak smile, “I know kiddo.”

I turned to give her a smile when something caught my eye. I practically pushed Ashley out of my way, and ran to the dress that I had seen.

“What about this one?!” I asked pointing towards a long sapphire blue dress with a beaded belt going right under the bust. It was a sweet heart, mermaid fitted dress that looked freaking beautiful. I loved how it wasn’t too much because that would distract from the bride, and it was Ashley’s big day. It was actually a pretty plain dress with just the right amount of sparkle thanks to the belt.

“Oh my god! Yes! You guys need to try this one on!” Ashley squealed as she pointed towards the dress worn by a mannequin.

One of the sales ladies walked over to us, her heels tapping against the marble floor which made me want to pull my hair out. I was tired, and anything was sending me over the edge.

Ashley quickly gave her the sizes in which she wanted the dresses.

“Val, which size are you?” Ashley asked.

I chocked on my spit, not expecting that question.

“But, I’m not a bridesmaid, I can’t wear the same dresses as-” I began.

“Well, I’m changing the rules. Even though you aren’t a bridesmaid, you can still act like one, and be one if you wish. But you are going to be treated like one even if it’s against your will because I love you just as much as I love Sapphire and Skylar” Ashley quickly explained.

I gave her a smile, my heart swelling with warmth at her words. Ashley was such a sweet heart and I’m really excited for her to joining the family.

“Thank you, I love you too.” I stated honestly, a smile finding its way to my face.

She returned the smile when the sales person coughed.

“We’re going to be closing soon so-”

“Don’t you see we were having a moment? Damn.” Ashley stated rolling her eyes, making me laugh.

I quickly yelled out my dress size the sales lady who looked rather annoyed and she disappeared off into the back trying to find the dresses in our sizes.

“I love that dress Aunty Ashley, and Valerie you have amazing taste!” Sapphire stated.

“I love that dress too oh my god!” I squealed excited to see it on. 

Now let me state something, I wasn’t one of those annoying girls who cared about dressing nice all the time.

But then again I wasn’t one of those annoying girls who tried too hard to be ‘hipster’ and complains about ‘wearing dresses’.

If I felt like it, I could dress up really nicely, and if I didn’t I could go to a dinner in sweats for all  I cared for.

It just depends on my mood. However, nothing tickled my peach more than girls who tried too hard to be ‘one of the guys’.

I snapped back to reality and tried making small talk as we awaited the dresses to come.

*

“I love it!” Skylar stated looking down at the dress. The dress looked beautiful on both Skylar and her daughter, Sapphire. It fit all of us beautifully and really complimented our skin.

I think that Skylar and Sapphire looked stunning, fitting their curves, and bringing out their figures.

“All three of you look beautiful oh my god! The color matches perfectly with the theme!” Ashley rambled doing a little happy dance.

The material of the dress was so soft, making me want to curl up into a ball and sleep on the floor of the boutique right there and then.

“Yes to the dresses then?” The sales lady asked, annoyed.

The store had to close at seven, and it was now a little after eight. They had to stay open because Ashley had booked an appointment, and their policy was to stay after if there was a paid appointment for dress shopping.

“How much is it?” I asked looking genuinely scared.

“It’s $349.00 without alterations.” She lady answered bitterly.

I choked on my spit as I gasped for air. That much freaking money for a dress?!

“Perfect! Yes I’ll be getting all three-” Ashley started.

“No! Not perfect! Ashley, that is a lot of money!” I screeched surprised at how easy Ashley was willing to give up the money.

“Val, babe, it’s nothing! Really!” She assured.

“But-”

“But nothing. This is going to be the dream wedding that I have been saving up for. You see, when I married Marcus dad, we never really had a wedding. This is my dream and I have been saving up for years now. What’s the point of working and keeping all the money in the bandk and then dying? Might as well spend the money and live life, you know?!” Ashley asked, giving me a reassuring smile.

I understood what she was saying, but I couldn’t possible let her pay for me-

“And don’t you dare say that you are paying for your own dress because I will not let that happen.” Ashley stated pointing her finger at me making Sapphire laugh.

“You just need to fill out some papers, for alterations, delivery and such.” The lady said in a monotone voice as she guided Ashley to the front of the boutique.

This left me with Sapphire and Skylar.

I really liked Skylar and Sapphire, they both were super funny and relaxed people.

“Let’s go get a cab then, shall we?” Sapphire asked.

“We shall, damn it’s rainy cats and dogs out there!” Skylar commented as we heard the rain heavily drop onto the cement.

“Welcome to London!” I laughed.

Skylar gave me a smirk and a small laugh left Sapphire’s lips.

“I actually love the rain.” I explained as I listened to the rain’s pitter-patter from outside.

“Ugh, I can’t stand it! It’s so gloomy.” Skylar stated.

I looked over at her and cracked a smile “Really? It gets me really happy.”

She gave me a small smirk “I can’t believe I’m going to be related to an idiot like you.”

I laughed, loving her care free attitude. Ashley marring my dad is going to be a great adventure that I’m ready for.

*

I waved good bye one last time over at the taxi which consisted of Ashley, Sapphire, Skylar and, of course, the taxi driver.

I invited them in, but they were just as knackered as I was. I was drenched wet, just from the walk from my driveway to my door. I juggled the key in the door as I heard the taxi drive away. Once I had opened the door, I shook like a dog, trying to get a little bit dry. I stepped into my dimly lit house, closing the door behind me.

I took my shoes off, and left them right near the entrance, sliding my purse and phone over at the convert.

It was around 10 as of right now, because Ashley decided that we should get something to eat, since we were all starving.

“Taylor?” I called out through our house. I waited a couple of seconds, but I got no reply.

I glanced over to the counter top where Taylor always left notes in case she was going out.

Instead, I was greeted to a different note that was taped right to the counter top. On a beautiful piece of ivory decorated paper, cursive handwriting was quickly scribbled onto it.

‘Follow the petals…’

It read. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion as I glanced around. What rose petals?

I looked down to something soft touching my foot, when I noticed that there was a trail of rose petals leading through my living room. I cocked my head to the side dumbfounded at the rose petals.

However, I was way too tired to question anything, I listened to the note. I followed the rose petals. They lead me through the kitchen, up the stairs, through my room, and that’s when they stopped. I looked at the carpet of my room where there was another note attached to the floor.

“Okay, at this point, I ran out of rose petals, so just follow the path of the freshly done laundry.”

It took me a couple of moments for the note to sink in, and when it did, I burst out laughing.

Only my friends would do something like that. I wiped a few tears from my tired eyes that had escaped with my uncontrollable giggles.

I followed the note, excited to see where it would lead up to. My heart was swelling with happiness that someone would go through this amount of trouble for me.

I love how this person ended up using laundry instead of rose petals, making the situation more unique.

I then followed the laundry down the stairs, through my living room, back into the kitchen and then into the living room again.

I had made a complete circle. I laughed as I continued to follow the socks, underwear’s, T shirts and bras that were scattered all over the floor. The clothes lead up to the door that opened up into being my back yard. Hesitantly, I opened the door, confused as to what the hell was going on.

The second I stepped through the door, I was pelted with heavy rain drops, causing me to shiver when the cold hit me.

I walked through my backyard, it being lit by the pool, and some lanterns that Taylor and I had set up, but we barely used them.

It was when I saw Niall standing at the edge of the pool that everything made sense. It was Niall, duh Valerie! Who did I expect it was, Peter Pan?!

Okay, I totally had a crush on him ever since I was little, but-

 OH FOR GOD’S SAKE VALERIE BACK TO NIALL.

Oh yeah!

I walked closer to him, avoiding trying to fall into the pool, the rain falling harshly around me. There was no more of a trail of laundry, but I didn’t need it because I already knew where to go. With long steps, I made it to Niall, the entire night being lit by his glowing features.

“Niall?” I called over the wind.

He looked up at me, a smile breaking out on his face.

“Hey, I was waiting for you…Where have you been? Taylor and I have been worried sick.” Niall stated as I sat next to him beside the pool.

It then hit me that my shift ended a long time ago, and my phone had died. Damn, they must have been worried sick!

“Oh my god I’m so sorry! I went dress shopping for the wedding with Ashley her sister, and niece and my phone died!” I quickly explained thwacking my head.

“It’s okay.” Niall told me, his voice growing quite.

A couple moments of silence went by before I spoke.

“What is this all about the rose petals and the laundry?” I asked, a small laugh escaping my lips. The rain continued to follow heavily around us, but it didn’t matter. It was like Niall and I were in our own little bubble.

“Well, I erm, I thought that even if I can’t be perfect, I can try, y-you know?” Niall stated, his voice coming out with a bit of a stammer.

I let out a small groan, letting my head hit his shoulder.

“It’s getting cliché.” I stated into his shirt. Niall’s chest rumbled with laughter, as his hand wrapped around my wait loosely.

“Why do I even try with you?” Niall asked, his voice teasing.

“Because you love me, everyone does.” I stated, joking, obviously.

Niall gently patted my lower back, “You wish.”

I let out a small laugh, letting the conversation die down as we sat listening to the rain.

“I wanted to take you out on a date today.” Niall blurted out of nowhere. My head shot out from the crevice of his neck as I stared at him.

“What?” I asked.

“I was planning to take you out on a date. I mean we are giving ‘us’ a shot, so it makes sense, right? But it’s too late for that…” Niall stated, a smile on his lips.

My heart pang with guilt, knowing I should’ve called home and let Taylor or someone know that I wasn’t going to get back until late.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry-”

“It’s not your fault. It’s not like you knew.” Niall stated a genuine smile on his lips that made my heart flutter a bit.

I nodded, as I cuddled near him trying to keep warm.

“How about tomorrow?” Niall asked after silence had filled the air for a bit.

“Hm?” I asked confused.

“After you get back from work tomorrow, I’ll pick you up, and take you out.” Niall stated quickly.

“Well, where are we going?” I asked, curious.

“That’s a surprise darling. Since this didn’t exactly work out, I need to keep something a surprise, don’t I?” Niall asked, standing up. I followed his league and got up as well.

“Whatever floats your boat, Horan.”

Niall let out a laugh as we both walked through the backyard in desperate plea to try and get inside.

“Oh, Niall?” I asked stopping him about two feet from the door that lead inside.

“Hmm?” He asked, looking down at me.

“Thank you. This is just the cutest thing ever and I love how unique you made it. It just means everything that you took time to for this for me.” I quickly rambled.

“No, it’s okay, really.” Niall smiled, his smile warming my heart.

“And don’t make fun of me, but I want to try something really cliché okay. Don’t judge.” I whispered as I got closer to him. Niall looked down at me puzzled, but I followed my instinct.

I leaned up, and placed my lips onto his, his lips reacting instantly, His arms wrapped around my waist as my mind blurred and my hands were cupping his cheeks.

His lips were the only thing that sent warmth through my body, the high I was getting from the kiss was like my drug. I never wanted it to end, my entire body felt little sparks of pleasure lighting up through it.

We pulled apart for air, as Niall smiled down at me.

“Kissing in the rain? Isn’t that supposed to be a little too gushy and mushy for you?” He teased his hands running down my things, rubbing shapes into them.

“Shut up.” I laughed pushing him back. His laugh filled the night sky, causing my ears to ring with joy.

I was so ready to take on whatever this relationship had in store for us.

Authors Note~

I wasn’t going to post this until Friday, but you were all so sweet on the last chapter, so here it is! Thank you all for the encouraging words on the last chapter! <3

Love,

Husna xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 2.8K 48
"When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not, it's just the beginning." We were ruined after I left her alone. She wa...
8.5K 355 18
Hi. I'm Audra Rayne. I live in Wolverhampton. You might not know me as... well, me. But You may be knowing Liam Payne (Obviously) from One Direction...
138K 3.1K 102
I cupped her face in my hands, rubbing my thumbs in circles over her cheeks. She was having trouble finding words to describe what she felt, and I co...
744 28 28
Louis Tomlinson/ one direction Fan FIC *Warning: Violence and sex* To escape my old life for a few months, I decided to spend my summer holidays in L...