Wounded: Our Journey Home

Door misshijabi3

(Book 1) Completed: February 13th 2016 Highest rank: #05 on the what's hot list 12/1/15 Tuesday Reached 100k... Meer

Wounded
Prologue
Wounded- Chapter One
Wounded- Chapter Two
Wounded- Chapter Three
Wounded- Chapter Four
Wounded- Chapter Five
Wounded- Chapter Six
EID MUBARAK!!! (Eid-ul-Fitr)
Wounded- Chapter Seven
Wounded- Chapter Eight
Wounded- Chapter Nine
Wounded- Chapter Ten
Wounded- Chapter Eleven
Wounded- Chapter Thirteen
Wounded- Chapter Fourteen
Wounded- Chapter Fifteen
Wounded- Chapter Sixteen
Wounded- Chapter Seventeen
Wounded- Chapter Eighteen
EID MUBARAK!!!(Eid-ul-Adha)
Wounded- Chapter Nineteen
Wounded- Chapter Twenty
Wounded- Chapter Twenty One
Characters
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Two
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Three
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Four
Authors note
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Five
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Six
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Seven
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Eight
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Nine
Wounded- Chapter Thirty
Wounded- Chapter Thirty One
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Two
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Three
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Four
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Five
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Six
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Seven
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Eight
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Nine
Wounded- Chapter Forty
Authors note (important...)
Wounded- Chapter Forty One
Wounded- Chapter Forty Two
Wounded- Chapter Forty Three
Wounded- Chapter Forty Four
Wounded- Chapter Forty Five
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter + Mothers day
I'm leaving... Wattpad!
Good news!
SafiyahGraphics
Sequel: Collided

Wounded- Chapter Twelve

6.6K 377 10
Door misshijabi3

Edited

Published: Tuesday August 4th 3:43 pm

Jafar:

Stare.

All I could do is stare at Allen in disbelief at what he just told me. Not a single emotion ran through his eyes at this moment, but I knew what he was thinking. He was thinking of the many ways to put me on a plane back to California by tomorrow morning. Wouldn't want his client to miss a recording session, now would he? Because if I'm out of the business, he would have to start scouting as soon as possible. Unless he's fine being jobless.

Aside from managing me, Allen doesn't have a day job.

I am upset beyond words with him right now, but I know he could've asked for the month they gave me. Usually they say to be back within the week but Allen must have said something to them.

"Well, aren't you going to say anything, Jafar?"

I shook my head out of my trance to gaze at Allen who was sat down at the couch, coffee mug in hand. He really knows how to make himself at home, doesn't he?

"I tried to tell you not to leave."

"Did you know about this before I got on the plane?!"

Allen scoffed and shook his head in disbelief at me.

"If I knew about this, I wouldn't have let you come. It wasn't until a few nights ago that one of their goons came to your apartment and to talk to me."

I raised an eyebrow suspiciously. "You were in my apartment?"

"Yes I was," Allen said smugly. "You have a seventy inch flatscreen and an apartment looking over the city. Why the hell wouldn't I crash there?"

"Language, Allen," Ummi scolded him with a dissaproving glare. "There are children in this house."

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Ibrahim," Allen fake smiled while looking pathetic. "Won't happen again."

"It better not," She breathed and turned to me with a questioning look. Just by the look I knew she knew what we were talking about. I never discussed with my parents about how long I would be here, but they assumed it would be a long time considering my reasons for coming back.

Ayah.

We're finally in a good place right now, but I have to ruin it by telling her I have to leave. But I could also buy out my contract. It would take away almost all of my money, but I can't break my wife's heart again.

"I know that face," Allen interrupted my thoughts with a grimace. "You're thinking of giving up your life for the girl."

"Don't speak about my wife like that. You may be my manager and friend, but I've told you about talking about Ayah like she's some clingy gold digger."

"I'm just saying..."

"Alright, that's enough," Ummi exclaimed. Directing her glare at Allen, she went to open the door.

"It's getting late and you need to go, Allen. We will discuss this later."

Allen looked to me to see my response in this situation. I mean, what did he expect me to say?

'Yes, Allen. I'm going to disrespect my mother in her home and let you continue to piss me off.'

"We'll talk about this when I get back," I sighed.

Allen nodded like he knew I would choose that and stood up to walk to the door. At the same time, Zak and my step-father came inside with questioning looks.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, Zak. Why don't you go upstairs and check in with your mother."

At Ummi's request, Zak hesitantly ran upstairs. Once I knew he was out of eye sight, I turned to Ummi. She won't even look at me.

"Ummi, I..."

She held her hand up to stop me, the disappointment is clear on her face.

"Jafar, please tell me you don't have anything to do with this."

I shook my head. "I don't but..."

"No," She sighed and finally looked at me. The look I was dreading is clear in her eyes. I would be too if I was in her place.

"Before you came back, was there any chance that you knew something like this would happen? Tell me the truth."

"Yes. I knew there was a chance but I had to come back."

"Why?" Ummi asked and stared at me in disbelief. "Why would you come back and risk it?"

"I had to see my wife. I had too..." I trailed off, but it sounded like I was trying to convince myself. It was way past the time I should have been here, but come on. The thought of causing all the unnecessary heartache by coming back crossed my mind more than once, but the mere motivation I had to see her made me forget about what it could do when I had to leave.

"How much more are you going to put that girl through! She has waited for a visit for ten months, and then when you come back you have to leave again."

"I'm not going to leave," I told her, but she didn't look too convinced. I'm not too convinced. "Even if I have to buy out my contract and loose every dime I have, I will."

"Listen, son," Abi stepped in and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You need to sleep on the situation before you make a decision."

"What is there to sleep on?" I asked. "I know what I want, and that is Ayah."

"But if you buy out and give up your career, what was the point in leaving all those months ago?"

He's right, but no matter how many times anyone tries to tell me I shouldn't do something stupid, the thought of staying here in Riverside with Ayah is more tempting than any type of money or fame.

"Jafar, don't keep hurting her," Ummi whispered to me from where she stood by the kitchen door. "We all have been through so much since you left, but Ayah...Let's just say that she is just starting to smile again."

"I won't hurt her," I assured her, but even I'm doubting myself.

-*-

Ayah:

"Well, look what the wind blew in, huh?"

Smiling at Dianne, I came over to the counter she was behind and sat down.

"I know it's been way too long since I've come in."

"Yes it has," She smiled and poured me some coffee. "Does it have something to do with a certain young man?"

I blushed under her burning gaze and nodded lightly. If someone would have told me a couple of days ago that I would be smiling, I would have laughed until I cried. I was in such a bad place a couple of days ago, which I'm ashamed of. I shouldn't have let Jafar's absence affect me as much as it did.

The way I moped and cried around like I got dumped sounds so pathetic right now. I'm just glad I have him back. No telling how far I'll go if he left again.

"I'm happy for you, sweetie."

"You know your story seems like it should be on Lifetime?"

Not being able to hide my smile from Camryn, I had to agree with her.

"It could get five stars, you know?" Debby, the girl that works here commented with a smile. "The weird part is, I want my boyfriend to do something like this so he can shower me with gifts."

"You don't want to go through what I went through," I told her truthfully.

Debby shrugged. "It seems like a good way for makeup..."

"...and facials!" Camryn cut in, nodding in the directions of a little kids birthday party who just got a little too comfortable listening in on us.

Debby rolled her eyes and continued to text on her phone. The diner consisted of a few teenagers and the little kids birthday party in the back.

"So what's new for date night, and give me details!"

"You should really hang out with Jamila." I told her. They really act alike.

Camryn nodded thoughtfully. "I should. I've only talked to her a couple of times but we seemed alike in many ways."

"Can I get a coffee?"

"Why don't you get one from your daddy's restaurant around town?"

I turned in the direction of Debby to her her talking to none other than Jenny Richman. She's currently glaring down at Debby with a smirk. Here ladies and gentlemen is none other than Pete Richman's daughter who is 'queen bee' of Riverside high. From what Jamila has told me, she needs a chill pill. I haven't really crossed passed with the Richman's but from what I've heard, they are a handful. Especially the women.

"Look, I just want a coffee, no trouble."

"Debby, ring her up," Dianne stated with a stern look. "Her father is our competition, but we won't turn down paying customers."

Dianne turned back to me and I gave her a knowing look. I knew a little too well how hard it was for Dianne to hold her tongue. She may be in her late forties, but she's quick on her feet. That's something she and Mama have in common.

"Can't stop smiling, can you?"

"No," I shook my head with a sigh. "I didn't want to admit it before, but I've been so much happier since I knew he was just a walking distance away."

"You're really in love," Camryn pointed out.

And for the first time in a long time, I didn't deny it.

-*-
July 17th

Jafar stood outside of Ayah's house, leaning on the car while waiting for her to get ready. Today was the day they were going to see her cousin and his wife. She of course is over the moon to see her cousin, but he's still thinking about what to do about his contract. Last night when he read the contract, it stated that he would need to record for at least six months if he renewed his contract. That's something that Allen left out.

The first couple of months were for him to write some songs and record, and the other to come up for an image for the album and talk about numbers with the accountants. That was mainly Allen's job though.

It all seemed so simple to him. Go there and record and come home again, but they could end up having him do a tour which would all take him over a year to do. There were so many times that he's wanted to ask Ayah to come with him, but that's just selfish. Why does she have to follow him around on his dream and not live hers? Granted they would be together, but all she wants is to stay home. Moving across the country was never an option.

He's definitely going to have to think of a plan, and quick. Otherwise he's going to make unneeded rash decisions.

"I'm ready," She chirped with a smile and walked to the car.

While opening the door for her, Jafar planted a kiss on her forehead before shutting the door. Lately he would kiss her often, but never on the lips. A kiss on the cheek makes her blush and act nervous. One on the mouth would make her go crazy. Not saying he wouldn't like that, but he's fine with talking it slow.

"Are you okay, Jafar?" She asked once they were driving down her street.

"Yeah," He nodded but she wasn't too convinced. He seemed nervous. "I'm just deep in thought."

"If it's about Safeer, I made him promise not do damage your face. It is the money maker," She tried to lighten the mood, and he smiled, thankful.

The rest of the car ride was made in silence, neither of them wanting to ruin the comfortable ride. But even with the comfortable silence and Jafar continuing to try and convince Ayah that nothing was wrong, she knew him, but she didn't want to say anything. When he wanted to tell her he would.

She's fine with waiting....to an extent.

-*-

"I'm so happy you both could make it," Annie smiled at the two, Safeer's arm draped around her shoulder as they led them to the couch to sit.

"It's been too long," Jafar commented and Safeer smirked. The two were saying as little as possible to each other to keep the peace. Plus Ayah made them both promise to be civil.

"What's been going on in Riverside? I have to see Aunt Maya soon."

"Yes, you do," Ayah said with a smirk of her own. "She has made me promise to scold her favorite nephew for not visiting, and I quote, 'his old and sad happy Aunty' ." The whole room erupted into chuckles at that, except for Jafar.

The whole day he's had the contract on his mind. Even through dinner he was quiet, and Ayah worried about him. He was so silent and distant that he was starting to scare her. But once he continued to assure her that everything was fine, she relaxed. Even through his worrying, he saw how happy and open was.

Especially with him.

She seemed to be opening up to him more and letting her beautiful smile take over her mood, and it was a sight for him to see. After knowing that you're the one that caused your wife to feel so sad, lonely and hurt, it pained him more than imagined, and just seeing how she is changing because he's here makes him smile on the inside.

What is he going to do?

-*-

Ayah:

"It's getting late," I sighed and stood up. Because we left late, it was almost all pitch black outside and we have to drive a couple of hours back.

"You didn't think we were letting you leave did you?" Annie laughed from where she stood in front of the door with her arms crossed.

"You are going to keep us hostage?" I fake gasped and Safeer rolled his eyes at my dramatics.

"Yes we are, and this," He said pointing to me, "And that," He pointed to Jafar who was half asleep against the wall, "...Is why you're spending the night. He's sleeping on the wall!"

I smiled in amusing and looked over To Jafar and proved Safeer's point. All night he was daydreaming and in his own little mind, and he just got back from another trip. He can't drive like this.

"Okay," I nodded and walked over to Jafar. He's even snoring slightly.

"We'll go make sure the room is cleaned up."

"I'll take the couch," Jafar said in his half asleep daze.

I don't know how or why--maybe it was the fact that I was tired or my happy mood was getting the best of me, but I found myself shaking my head at him. If he wasn't awake ten seconds ago, he is now.

"You don't have to stay on the couch."

Jafar stood up straight and wiped at his eyes. If we weren't in a sort of intense moment right now, I would laugh at how much he looks like a grown up Meena right now.

"Ayah, it's late and I know we're both tired and all, so I'll ask you: are you sure?"

"Well, the room is ready to go, but on the way back Safeer found his way to our room and fell asleep." Annie said as she walked to where Jafar abs I are stood.

Letting out a chuckle, I reached my hand for Jafar's and led him in the direction of the room.

If Jafar wasn't alert before, he definitely is now.

-*-

Well, there you have it. I am so tired right now, which is weird because it's only about 1:43 am. For all the people who are looking forward to reading my new story "Her Muslim Driver" I will publish the first chapter when I get to at least the fifteenth chapter of this story. I don't want to rush it so I'm planning as I go along.

Actually, I don't even plan my chapters. I just come up with an idea and write down whatever pops in my mind. So if I get inspired sometime before I get to the fifteenth chapter, I will update. But until then, you have to wait.

Please...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2K 76 8
A TALE OF ACCEPTANCE OF IMPERFECTIONS. ______________________________________ She loved him but not anymore. He never loved her but he is falling for...
104K 7K 20
Known as "Love that hurts ๐Ÿ’”" before. โ ๐™๐š๐ฒ๐š๐ง ๐ซ๐š๐ณ๐š ๐ค๐ก๐š๐งโž โ ๐‘๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ข ๐ฌ๐ข๐๐๐ข๐ช๐ฎ๐ข โž I dedicate this book to โ๐“๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๏ฟฝ...
3.5M 208K 59
I walked down the white hallways filled with the smell of bleach and chlorine. The lights above were too bright, too luminescent. I can't think. I ca...
83K 4.4K 28
[HIGHEST Ranking : 37 in spiritual] Though people find it both funny and crazy that a little childhood proposal between two four year olds got them m...