The Wedding Planner

By ThatGirlChey

Lanea Pastele has grown up with Kirk Davenport since high school. They were lucky to get through high school... More

The Wedding Planner [Prologue]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 1]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 2]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 3]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 4]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 5]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 6]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 7]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 8]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 9]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 10]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 11]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 12]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 13]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 14]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 15]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 16]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 18]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 19]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 20]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 21]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 22]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 23]

The Wedding Planner [Chapter 17]

11.7K 335 12
By ThatGirlChey

I gulped. Really? Did she really like this ruffled mess?

The dress I had picked out was ruffled and had this weird fold thing on the side and it confused me so much. I honestly didn’t think the dress looked good on the hanger, much less on a person. The dress wouldn’t look good on anyone. I almost started to think about what Kirk would think of it on their wedding day, but the thought of Kirk almost made me sick. I was with his fiancée picking out her wedding dress, saving the day. She would brutally murder me if she found out about Kirk and I’s kiss, and I was desperately trying to avoid him.

“Come look at it, guys! It’s amazing!” Daphne cheered as Ruby and I walked to go find her before mirror, admiring the dress that fit her perfect, but flattered rather nothing. “Oh, Lanea!” she claimed as she turned to look at me and her other friend Macy turned came out of a different row of dresses. “You’re a miracle worker!” And before I knew it, I was pulled into this tight, awkward, extremely uncomfortable hug.

I laughed a little and tried not to act as though I were scared. “Yep,” I said, a smile forced onto my lips. “I am.”

Michael was looking at me and Daphne, smiling fakely at the dress that was before him. Clearly, he didn’t find the dress as beautiful as she did.

Daphne smiled at me again and turned to Michael. “This is the one.”

He walked toward her and took one of the ruffles in his hand. “Are you sure you want this one? I thought you wanted strapless, and I mean, I guess we could make this one strapless but it would take some-“

“No, Michael,” she pushed him away in almost a dramatic way to look at her dress in the mirror again. “Get the veil!”

Michael walked away, and I heard him sigh as he retrieved a veil made of fake flowers, the same ones that would be at the wedding, only the ones on her head on the wedding day would be living. He placed it perfectly on her head only to make her grin grow wider and wider.

Ruby and I shared an almost disappointed look before looking at Daphne again and watching her nod in the mirror, her eyes on us.

“Well, okay.” I breathed slow. “This dress it is.”

~~~~~~

I heard heavy steps from outside my door and shot up off of the couch to look out of my peep-hole. Westly stood at his front door, pulling his keys out of his oil-stained blue jeans. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him, and mindlessly, my hand fumbled for the lock and the doorknob.

Then I stopped, and watched him unlock his door and toss his sweatshirt onto the couch. He didn’t look happy at all, and that bothered me. He left his door open as he walked in to the kitchen, grabbed a bottle of water and walked back out into the stairwell, looking out at the city below him through a window.

His usually bright eyes looked deep with sadness, and I literally felt like someone had come and stabbed me in the heart, and twisted the knife one too many times. I saw him mutter something and then start to go back inside. But I opened the door too quickly, and the sound of my front door opening made him turn around to look at me. The sad look had disappeared, or had been hidden.

“Well, look who’s home,” he said, turning to face me.

“I’m home alone a lot, Wes,” I told him, a slight smile on my lips. “You know me better than that.”

He looked around behind me, into my apartment. I followed his gaze for a second, then turned back to him. “What are you looking at?” I asked him.

“I expected Kirk to come out by now,” he stated simply.

“He kissed me.”

“And he shouldn’t have taken what was mine. He’s lucky he’s still breathing, the dude.”

“What was yours?”  I questioned him.

“I did kinda claim you the night before, Lanea. You remember, the romantic picnic, and us heading back to your room, and-“

“Yeah, I know,” I said. The thought of what happened that night made my heart beat too fast and made me light-headed.

“He took you from me.” His eyes, the look of sincerity, made me almost want to cry a bit. What did this guy do to my emotions? “He took the person I cared about most, more than myself. I can’t have her back either because she doesn’t want me back.” He had trouble talking, and he was trying not to seem weak. He stepped back into his apartment, and started to shut the door.

“Westly, I still want you.”

The door shut completely.

“I think I love you,” I muttered. I admit it. Kirk wasn’t mine anymore. I wasted my chance on him, and now I lost the next love.

I sighed softly and walked back to my apartment, and shut the door. I locked the door behind me.

~~~~~~

It’s a few days before the wedding. Actually, two days to be exact. It’s my job to keep the bride calm when it gets close to and comes to be the big day, and most brides are nervous about the big day, but Daphne wasn’t. She was calling me to make sure everything was in perfect order, that the red roses she ordered for her bouquet were coming, and the small baby red roses that would be on her veil would be perfect, that the guest list of about 150 people were perfect and everyone had a spot, and there were even some extra spots.

“Daphne?” I said.

“Yes, Lanea,” she sounded almost irritated.

“Are you sure you aren’t nervous?” I asked her.

“Why would I? It’s almost the day, Lanea! All this hard work will pay off and the wedding and honeymoon will be perfect. I just know it.”

I smiled, but I wasn’t really smiling because of her, but because Kirk was going to be happy, and that was all I cared about now.

We were quiet for a second, before Daphne said something.

“Thanks.”

“What?”

“Thanks, Lanea, for helping me. I-I really don’t think I could have done this by myself.” My jaw dropped. “You’ve been a great help, and I’m sorry for being a-“

“No, no, it’s fine.”

“It really isn’t, Lanea. I’ve been pretty freaking mean to you, and I guess that’s just how I am. I’m glad to have had your help on this, Lanea, really.”

I smiled widely. “No problem. Talk to you tomorrow?”

“Sure.”

“Kay. Bye.”

I started to hang up but I heard her say “Wait.”

“Yep?”

“Invite Westly to the wedding.”

I was silent. We hadn’t talked since I said I thought I loved him, but he never heard it. I didn’t have the heart to talk to him, but I had taken his place in the spying. I watched him come home every day at night, or watched him leave when I was home and he was off that day through the peep-hole. What he didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him. I almost wondered if he still did the same thing to me.

“It’d be nice to have him there as your date, you know?” she said.

I gulped silently. “Um, yeah. I’ll see about that.”

“Okay. Bye, Lanea.”

I hung up and looked at my door for a second. Without thinking after that, I wrote on a torn piece of paper:

Kirk and Daphne’s wedding? With me?

~Lanea

I got up, unlocked the door and started out the door. I slid the little folded up paper under his door, then walked back to my own apartment and closed the door behind me.

A/N:

Hey ya'll! I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long, but here it is. I'm gonna be finishing up pretty soon, so... yeah. i'm gonna try to finish it by summer maybe? I don't know yet really.

I want to thank everyone who's stuck around and read the story from the very begining, and those who have voted and commeted(i love comments btw). Thank you so much! :)

Thank's for reading!

Intoxicated- The Cab.. I love that song :) ------>

~Chey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 611 17
Alexis has been on many dates but nobody seems to want to be any more than just friends with her. Vincent has been in love with one girl ever since u...
87.1K 3.4K 24
Kandice is a wedding planner she moved back to her hometown where she is the VP of Marsha's wedding planning service she has her own home she has a f...
404 15 17
Emma has always liked Travis but things just never seemed to work in her favour. Maybe now she's 18 and Travis is finally single, life might change...
15.9K 731 17
"𝗢𝗳 π˜†π—Όπ˜‚'𝗿𝗲 π—Όπ˜ƒπ—²π—Ώπ˜π—΅π—Άπ—»π—Έπ—Άπ—»π—΄, 𝗢'𝗹𝗹 π—΄π—²π˜ 𝗡𝗢𝗴𝗡 π˜„π—Άπ˜π—΅ π˜†π—Όπ˜‚. 𝗢𝗳 π˜†π—Όπ˜‚'𝗿 π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—Ώ π˜€π—Άπ—»π—Έπ—Άπ—»π—΄, 𝗢'𝗹𝗹 𝗴𝗼 π—±π—Όπ˜„π—» π˜„...