The Wedding Planner [Chapter 11]

I smiled at myself as I gazed at the purple dress that fit my shape perfectly. Westly really did have good taste in dresses. Maybe he would be useful for the future.

Did I really just say that?

I grabbed some brown sandals from my closet and then a jean jacket. I knew all too well that I was probably gonna freeze to death. I mean, I live in New York City, and it’s Christmas. Do you not think it would be cold? Apparently, however my brain works just tells me to tough it out.

Maybe Westly would keep me warm.

Okay, I’m officially going crazy.

I grabbed my bag, of which happened to match my shoes, off of my bed and walked out the bedroom door. I fixed some more hot chocolate and put it into a cute little thermos that I had for coffee. I didn’t drink coffee too much, because I drink stuff like Red Bull and Monster, but I would drink it sometimes around Daphne to keep me awake.

I walked out the front door and locked it and turned around to find Westly standing in front of me. His hair wasn’t as messy and he had on regular jeans and a light green button-down shirt.

I formed a smile on my lips. “You look nice,” I said to him. He did. It was quite impressive. I liked it but, I was starting to like him the way he was regularly.

“And as do you, Lanea.” He examined the dress on me. “Aren’t you gonna be cold?”

“I’m already cold, actually,” I informed him, trying not to think about it.

“Then go put on something else!”

“We don’t have time, Wes. And I don’t think my legs will freeze off. We’ll be in my car on the ride there, and then-“

“Your car?”

I looked up to meet Westly’s blue eyes and I nodded in a confused way. “Do you want to take yours?” I asked, pointing down the stairs.

He shrugged. “I really don’t care. I was just saying that.” He smirked at me.

I sighed in frustration and I walked down the stairs with him following behind me and my flowing dress. Walking out to the streets, people rushed past but I got to the street and looked up and down it.

“What are you doing?” Westly asked as he walked up behind me.

“Since, truly, I don’t want to drive out of the city. I want to take a taxi,” I said with a smile, and then stepped out a little further onto the ice covered street.

“Taxi!”

The yellow cab slowed to a stop and I motioned for Westly to follow me into the cab, and he did as he was told. We both sat down in the seats and I rubbed my arms through the jean jacket I had on. I was still freezing.