The Wedding Planner [Chapter 4]

I felt my body become weaker as I climbed the last step to the second floor. My head ached in pain as I felt around in my bag, finding my keys and opening up the door to my apartment. Sweet haven. I was finally home.

As soon as I could, I took off my shoes and threw them down the hall toward my bedroom. Fortunatly, I hadn't thrown them that hard, and they didn't get stuck in the door like a ninja star. Shoes would be my choice of weapon in an emergency.

I set my bag down and plopped down on the couch, closing my eyes and trying to relax.

And to make the moment worse, I forgot to close the front door.

"Door's open, sweetie," Westly said as he strolled into my house. He had his hands shoved in his pockets but his head up, his blue eyes searching for my presence.

"Really? You don't say."

My voice seemed to startle him, but he smirked and walked toward me. "Rough day-"

"Hell!" My eyes flashed open.

Westly was taken aback once more. "Wanna talk about it?" he offered. His smirk was gone. He looked serious.

I stared at him for a moment. "Why do you... We aren't even friends! Get out of my apartment!" I said as I sat up.

"I would say we were friends, but if you insist me on leaving, I will." He began to walk back to the door, and I watched him for a moment.

"Daphne is insane." 

Westly turned around and looked at me, standing there.

"I have a wedding planner's job, you know? Well, my best friend since high school and the guy I'm thinking that I'm in love with called out of the blue and said, 'Hey, will you plan my wedding?'. Not only did he break my heart, but he didn't tell me that Daphne, his fiancee, is completely and utterly bonkers!" I tended to speed up my talking when I was annoyed, or confessing.

Westly pulled up a chair and sat in it backwards. "Did you just say bonkers?" he asked me, laughing a bit.

I nodded. "The guy that's getting married is british and I guess I have been around him and her too much," I said, emphasising the word her. "But today, he barely even talked because his crazy bitch of a fiancee said everything. Everything."

"Oh... Lanea just cussed!" Westly covered his mouth in fake astonishment and pointing at me with the other hand he had free.

I stared at him again. "Is that all you got from what I just said?"

Westly smirked and I groaned in frustration. "This isn't going to be very fun having Daphne around," I insisted as I held my hand to my forehead, wondering if I was sick or not yet.

"Well, just stop planning the wedding for them!" Westly said.

"I can't. I'm doing it for Kirk and-"

"If he's really your best friend, he'll get it."

I looked at him. "Are you being serious, or are you just screwing around with me?" I asked.

"Would I be wearing my serious face right now if I wasn't serious, Lanea?" he asked me.

I smiled slightly. "You've got a point there." He smirked at me, but I shook my head. "I can't do that to Kirk. He's depending on me."

Westly shrugged. "Okay then, you'd rather go through hell planning their wedding and watching him marry someone else that might mentally kill him?"

I shrugged and looked up at the ceiling as if it would tell me the answer. "Daphne must not be that bad to him if he's 'in love' with her," I said quietly.

"What if he's not in love with her?" Westly asked, interrupting my thoughts.

I looked at him, my look asking him what he was talking about.

"What if Kirk doesn't love this chick, Daphne? What if he's just marrying her for... money or something?" he asked me.

I continued to look at him, and then I began to wonder why I hadn't kicked Westly out of my apartment yet. Maybe it was because he was one of the few people I had as friends, or kind-of-friends, and I really needed someone to talk to. I don't think that I could make it without blurting out everything to someone, weather it was my parent, a friend, or a therapist.

Oh yeah, Kirk is a therapist!

"I don't know, Westly. He's just... I don't know." I lost everything that was on my mind and sat there for a moment. "Do you want to stay for dinner or something?" I said, not really realizing I had said it until I had already gotten up and gone to my phone to order Chinese food from down the street.

Westly cleared his throat for a moment. "Um, excuse you?" he said in confusion.

I let out a sigh. "Do you want to stay for dinner?" I asked again.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" Westly insisted as I came toward him to face him. His eyes blazed with interest, but mine were clouded and unreadable.

"Sure, if that's how you want to think of it in you're twisted little mind," I said, and dialed the number for the Chinese food.

American Chinese food always made me feel better. Some how, some way.

A/N:

It's been a long time, I know. And it isn't something much anticipated. 

Westly is so charming, isn't he? haha

no song or pictures today... :(

well, we could do this--->

the banner that @MysticMagic made for me! :) i love it!

Hope I can get the next chapter up soon!

~Chey