The One

lovexxhate द्वारा

Paige Westfield is the average nerd. She is the plain girl with few friends. She is the girl whose parents ar... अधिक

The One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chaper 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Follow!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 27

29.8K 709 37
lovexxhate द्वारा

Paige's pov

It's been two days since Linda came over and made her confession. And it has been two days since Mason has been sulking like his best friend died.

I get it. He has been betrayed by one of the people who is supposed to love and care for him until they take their last breath. But I keep trying to tell him that it's life.

We are mostly hurt by the ones we care the most about. They take us for granted because they think we will always forgive and forget. That's not always the case though.

Yeah I forgave my parents because I got something great out of what they did to me. I got Mason and soon I will have two precious children.

I just hope that Mason will find the good out of the situation and make things right between him and his mother. I have talked to her every day since the incident and she knows that she was wrong but she still wants an update on how her son is doing, which is understandable. I haven't told Mason because he will probably freak and ban me from talking to her.

As of right now, he is in his office working his cute little butt off. Ever since the new information came out, he has been devising a plan to take down Jared and his entire pack. A little extreme? Maybe. But in his eyes, it's the perfect punishment for messing with his soon to be family.

After I finish my pitiful breakfast, since Mason has been too busy to fool for me, I head up to his office. I open the door and find him on the phone.

Big surprise there. Note the sarcasm.

He looks up towards me and raises his eyebrows and I just shrug my shoulders. I mouth 'I'm bored' and he just laughs and pushes away from his desk and opens his arms for me.

I do not waste any time getting into his lap. I love, love, love when he wraps his arms around me. Since I'm pregnant, it makes it even better because he will rub my belly, which feels amazing by the way.

He buries his head into my neck and while he talks, his breath fans on my neck and it makes me shiver.

"Well I want him taken out."

"No not banished. I want that bastard dead. He has made plenty of threats towards my mate and my babies. I won't have it. I don't want him anywhere near her."

I listen but, I can't make much of the conversation when I hear just Mason's side.

"Look. I want to get over there in the next week. I'm getting married in a little over a week and I want the problem dealt with. I don't want to take chances of him ruining my wedding because if he does, I won't go easy on him. Understood?"

"FIND HIM!"

When Mason shouted, I flinched. He never shouts and I don't like it at all. It is really scary and I feel bad for the person on the other line. Mason doesn't say goodbye. He just slams the phone down and I am surprised that he didn't break it with the force that he used.

"Uh. Babe. Everything okay?" I can't believe I'm actually scared. He can be really intimidating at times.

"Hey." He turned me so I was sitting side ways on his lap so he could see me better. I can't exactly straddle him because of my huge stomach.

"I'm sorry for yelling. I didn't mean to scare you. But no it's not okay. Apparently Jared just up and left his pack. No one knows a thing except for Megan but she has evacuated also. I don't want to sit and wait for him to show up. I HATE not being in control of situations."

I nuzzled my head against his chest. "Hey. Everything is going to be okay. I promise. I love you."

"I love you too."

I don't know how long we stayed in that position, but it felt like hours. My stomach growling brought us out of our daze.

"Hungry?" The smirk on his face was anything but cute. I hate his teasing smirk. I slap him on his chest.

"That's not funny! I just freaking ate. Like not too long ago. I swear your kids want me to be fat and ugly." I felt Mason's chest vibrate with laughter.

"You could never be ugly to me."

"Oh but I could be fat?"

No response. His silence said everything that needed to be said.

"Well let me get my fat ass off of you. Wouldn't want to hurt your legs or anything since I'm so freaking fat. I'll be downstairs if you need me. I hope I won't fall through the stairs with my fat ass. I'll just be down there stuffing my fat ass face."

I got up and took my fat ass downstairs to get something else to eat. Fat or not. I'm still hungry.

I'm not going to sit here and cry because Mason basically called me fat. I am going to sit here and be extremely pissed at him.

Who the hell does he think he is? First he gets me pregnant because he couldn't keep his penis to himself and now he calls me fat? Makes sense. Note the sarcasm again.

I get all the ingredients out to make a sandwich when I hear Mason walking into the kitchen. I couldn't help but throw it in his face.

"I hope me and my fat ass aren't in your way?"

He sighed deeply. He took a step towards me, but thought against it and stayed where he was. Smart boy.

"I didn't mean it like that. No your aren't fat, but you aren't skinny either."

My eyes widened. I could understand his silence thinking he didn't want to say the wrong thing, but flat out calling me a whale?!

"Let me finish. You are only on the large side because you are pregnant and I love it. If you weren't pregnant then that would be a problem. But-"

"Wait. Let me get this straight. You would have a problem if I got fat? Oh so now you just want me to be skinny at all times. What happens if I gain some extra weight? Will you leave me? I can't believe you!"

"You know what. I'm just gonna stop talking before I get myself into even more trouble." And with that said, he turned and walked out of the kitchen. He is such a jerk!

I grabbed my iPhone and called Alexis and told her to meet me at the mall. I needed to get out of this house and quick before I slit that man's throat. She said she would be there in 30 so I ran upstairs and changed into decent clothes and grabbed a pair of keys and headed into the garage.

Apparently the keys I grabbed were for the Lamborghini and I just realized that my fat ass wouldn't fit in it so I went back and carefully picked out the keys to the Range Rover. I didn't even tell Mason that I was leaving but who the hell cares? I don't even want to see his face at this point.

I get to the mall and meet Alexis at the food court because I never even got to eat.

"Hey hun. What's with the urgent mall date?" Alexis sat down in front of me with her food.

"Gosh Mason is such an ass! He told me I was fat!" To my surprise Alexis just stated laughing. Wasn't she supposed to want to kill him for being such an ass to me. Some friend she is.

Once she could finally sober up from laughing at my obvious pain she hit me on the forehead. HIT ME.

"What the hell Alexis?! What the hell is your problem?"

She just rolled her eyes. "You are both just a bunch of idiots. He didn't mean it and now you are mad at the sex god for nothing. Keep screwing up and you never know what skank will be waiting to grip him in her cheap fake nails."

"Whatever. And I thought you were supposed to be on my side." When I rolled my eyes, my eyes focused on a certain someone who made my heart rate increase.

"Uh Alexis."

She looked up from her food. "Yeah?"

"Mason is going to kill me."

She completely ignored her food and gave me her full attention. "Why...?"

"Jared is here and I never told Mason that I was leaving because I was too upset with him."

Her eyes widened and I could tell she was on full alert to protect me. She jumped out of her seat and scanned the place until her eyes settled on Jared. She let out a growl and out of the corner of my eyes I saw a guy that looked kind of familiar.

I'm guessing from the fear on my face he got into full alert as well and made his way over to me.

"Luna. Are you alright?"

"Oh thank God. A male member from the pack. Jared, the guy who is trying to take me away is here."

The guy whose name I don't know followed where Alexis was looking and his eyes settled on Jared.

"Chase and Adam, Jared is here. Lets go after him. Remember, Alpha said not to kill him but bring him to him alive." Chase and Adam and nodded and the three of them set out after Jared.

Alexis wasted no time in yanking me towards the parking lot. She grabbed my keys out of my purse and we took my car and left hers.

She sped back to our house and I was just dreading getting there and facing Mason.

I'm so dead.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.6M 98.2K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...