The Mark of a Fallen Angel

By Misguided

Alexis Gardiner has been through the normal ups and downs of a seventeen year old girl, albeit a few pluses a... More

1: New Beginnings...
2: Patterns and Scars
3: Another Side Of Him
4: Tell Me The Truth
5: Memory
6: Anger
7: Confrontation
8: Just Friends...?
9: Followed
10: Visitor
11: The New Guy
12: Manipulation
13: Barely Coping
14: Feather
15: Familiar Stranger P1
16: Familiar Stranger P2
17: Maryanne Thomas
18: Power
19: Leo
20: Past, Present, and No Future
21: Blonde
22:Cousin Theo
23: The Book of Enoch
24: Family History
25: The Truth.
26: Wings
27: Calling
28: Check List
29: Unaware Goodbye
30 - Part I: Pain
30 - Part II: Who I Am
31: Stories
32: Remembered
33: Training
34: Genevieve
35: Fire and Ice
36: School
37: Attack Me... If You Can
38: Cam
39: Strength
40: Tutored
41 - Part I : Want
41 - Part II - Morning After
42: The Old Ones
43: I Tried
44: Funeral
45: Mysteries and All Other Things
46: Loop hole
47: Christmas
48: Like Old Times
49: 5/6 Days Remaining - 26th December
51: 4/5 Days Remaining - Death and Anger
52: 3/4 Days Remaining - The Other Side
53: 2/3 Days Remaining - Black Heart
54: 23 Hours Remaining - Step 5
55: Last Hours
56: The Decision
57: One Last Night
Epilogue.

50: Invincible

74.6K 1.4K 157
By Misguided

___________________________________________

-

-

"Surprise!"

"What the hell is going on here?" Jay murmured in shock.

Ian didn't even glance at him; he was staring at me intently. "God I've missed you."

"I can't believe it's you." I said. "You... You were my friend! You helped me when my car broke down!" The memory came a moment ago along with others.

"Did it really break down?" He said as he smirked. "Or did I make you think it broke down."

I opened my mouth but nothing came out.  

That day when I said to Gabe that we should stay friends... Ian suddenly pops out of nowhere. My car wouldn't start. But when they took it in they said nothing was wrong with it... "You made me believe it was dead."

He nodded. "Yes. I needed to meet you and get the hang of how your body worked. You were easy then. Especially when I heightened your emotions at school." He chuckled. "Oh the good old days."

"You bastard." I gritted out.

"And proud." He walked forward until he towered over me. "But what you don't know about me, my dear, is that my real name is Elijah. But please call me Eli. I'm also older than you." His knuckles skimmed across my cheek.

"Impossible." I scoffed and slapped his hand away. "My soul has been alive since-"

"I helped write The Book of Enoch. Actually Enoch was a good friend of mine. You were probably made a few years after the book was created. The language and race was just getting started." He grabbed my long hair in one of his hands and ran his fingers through it. From what I can remember of him, he was a lovely guy. He was a good friend...

"I like you Alex," He played with a piece of my hair and I suddenly found myself unable to move. "Even after watching you, I admire you. You're strong. Beautiful. I could really fall for someone like you." His thumb brushed my bottom lip. I concentrated on the flame behind him and worked on trying to manipulate it. He was cutting off all of my senses. I could barely smell or hear anyone's thoughts. I couldn't create a flame so I had to try and use what was here. I was fighting an unbeatable battle. I was strong but not as strong as him.

It looked like he didn't even notice I was trying. I tried again this time putting everything into it not caring if I was leaving myself defenceless.

"I remember that bar we went to..." I said trying to distract him.

"That was not my mother but she did own the bar. She let me use it for the night. And Reece, whose actual name is Grigori, is not my uncle. He's my Watcher."

"Ew." I mumbled.

"Not like that." He snapped. But then he laughed it off and continued playing with my hair. "I have huge plans for you. And I have things I'm going to need you to do."

"No." I said straight away.

"Oh, yes," His hand moved from my head to brush down my cheek and neck. I shuddered under his touch in disgust. "You're going to be of great use to me, Lonny. Your final stage and decision is in less than six days."

My breathing and heart spiked up. Am I having a panic attack? It wouldn't surprise me if I was. Six days? And I came here? Leaving myself vulnerable...? 

Fuck.

"Calm down. We'll make you feel comfortable."

"What about Jayden. Let him go."

Ian, or Elijah, looked around me and smiled at Jay. Jayden moved next to me and said, "I knew you were creepy. The first day I met you, I had a feeling about you."

Elijah chuckled. "Yes, well you're a special kid." His face turned dark and his eyes were suddenly overcast. "To make sure your friend Alex keeps her promise, I'm going to do a little something to you just for precaution."

Suddenly Jay's eyes rolled to the back of his head and he dropped to the floor. His body vibrated in a seizure and he gasped for breath. Elijah let go of his hold on me and I managed to grab Jay's head before it hit the floor. "What did you do?" I yelled.

"Looks like Jayden caught Malaria," He tutted and shook his head. "What a tragedy."

"What? Stop it!" I screamed.

"For my many centuries, I have manipulated the disease and kept the symptoms in my head. He could die but I could stop it from spreading. Or you could stop it... Well, that is if I let you. Which I won't by the way. Symptoms you should look out for is coughing, high temperature, sweats and chills," He was counting it all off on his fingers. "Muscle pain, headaches and well, generally feeling unwell." He smiled but then clicked his fingers. "I forgot diarrhea, but I missed that part of the disease out. That would be messy."

He bent down beside us. Jayden stopped shaking and went into unconsciousness. "If you leave or try to, he dies immediately. No second thoughts no backing out. You do as I say and how I say it, understand?"

I nodded and stared at Jay. His face was suddenly pale and he was sweating.

"I'm a man of my word, Alex so you can be sure that neither I nor Grigori will do any harm to Jayden while he is here. The reason you are kept here is... Well, you'll see in a few days."

Reece left the room and came back with pillows and a blanket. "Even though you are a prisoner we won't have you uncomfortable. One second." He threw the pillows in my direction and walked back out. He came back with a huge probably uncomfortable mattress. Elijah took it from him and put it near me.

I put Jay on the mattress.

A hand came into my vision and I braced my self for the worst. I closed my eyes and waited for something to happen... Nothing. 

I heard a chuckle so I opened my eyes. He was holding his hand out to me... Why?

"Shake my hand."

"Why." I demanded.

"So you know you have my trust. You have my word."

There was a glint in his eyes. Like he knew something I didn't know. Like shaking his hand would mean something different...

I slowly put my hand out and slipped it into his.

A smile lit up his face as an unfamiliar feeling passed through me. But... It felt good. In a weird way.

"Brilliant." He suddenly pulled me up and stepped forward so my body bumped against his. "You're tempting, I must say. Even when you were human..."

"Wait, until Gabriel finds out it's you." I said with a clenched jaw.

That, made him laugh. Hard. "Oh Alex you do make me laugh. But I seem to recall never meeting your friend... Gabriel is it?"

It made me think... "What do you mean?"

"Let's start with my first day of school. When I met your friends, Gabriel was no where in sight. Let's move on to my schedule. I had the classes Gabriel didn't have with you. And even after you changed I didn't see you once. You've heard of me but you didn't see me did you? Think hard. Did we ever cross paths?"

They didn't. Not once did they meet. That's how he's been able to see me without anyone getting suspicious. "You've been under the radar this whole time."

"I had an invisibility cloak." He winked. "I don't know Gabriel. Not personally but I've heard of him. And Cameron. Especially Cameron. You three are like a typical love triangle. I've told your story to my grandchildren to get them to sleep at night. How you gave your life for one of your love interest's to live. Oh how sweet and emotional. But Gabriel is like a tick. He's a pain in my ass. And I want him removed from your life."

"He has nothing to do with this. Please leave him out of this." I pleaded.

He shook his head slowly. "I have plans for you. And he's the second thing I want you to tackle. Maybe in a few days. When your heart is cold and black maybe. Right now you're too wholesome."

Eli put my face in his hands. I wanted to move away but once again he had that hold on me. "You're going to be great."

He sighed and stepped away. "For now, I will leave." He glanced down at Jay. "I'll bring some water."

And then he walked out with Reece... Or Grigori.

I dropped onto the mattress, and brought Jay close to me. He was still shivering so I brought his head to my chest and hugged him to me.  

I wasn't under Eli's hold as much as before.

And the sobs escaped my lips uncontrollably. My vision blurred as I cried my heart out. I couldn't hear anyone's thoughts I couldn't control a flame... I couldn't do anything. I was defenceless.

I was drained.  

I needed sleep. So I let myself fall into a deep sleep.

**

My eyes fluttered open. 

I dreamt everything was a dream. I dreamt I was back home... I was in bed with Gabriel, laughing. Smiling with him. Kissing him. Loving him. I wanted to be back there.

My head was rested against someone's chest.  

Then I realized the person was shivering. Their shirt was damp from sweat and their arms were wrapped around me.

I immediately sat up and switched the position so Jay was now rested against me and his forehead was rested against my neck. He chuckled weakly and said, "Hello to you too." His voice was weak and barely existent.

The tears were coming back but I had to stay strong. If I stayed strong maybe it will give Jay hope. "Are you okay?"

"Hell no." He said but laughed. "But I'll live."

I sniffed and grabbed the blankets. I wrapped them around him and warmed up my body. He sighed and said, "You're really warm."

I tried to make myself slightly hotter. It worked because his shivering slowed. "You're boiling... But it's helping."

I squeezed and looked down at his face. His face was unhealthily pale and he had bags under his eyes. I wiped the cold sweat off his forehead. "I am so sorry. You weren't supposed to get involved. That's why I agreed to come here."

Jay was silent for a moment. But then he asked the question I've been dreaded to answer. "What's going on?"

I told him everything.  

Starting with what I am, Gabriel is and what Eli/Ian and Grigori/Reece is. Jay stayed silent as I explained everything. I told him how I found out about Gabriel: the night that boy Tommy almost... Well, did something to me. I explained everything. What I had to do in six days. How I had to make a decision. Who I am. I didn't leave out any details.

I told him about most angels having a power. I said what Eli could do. Then I said what I could do. When I told him I could create fire and read minds he gasped. I held out my hand and tried to absorb the flame. It worked but barely. The small flicker danced all over my arm and back to my hand. I closed my hand and let it disappear.  

"I hope this isn't too much for you to take in."

He shook his head but didn't speak.

I started to tell him why we were here too. I also told him about that night at school. I could tell he was definitely shocked at that. He didn't remember anything I told him because I had to say my friend, Cameron erased his mind. I also told him about Cam. Everything.

When I finally finished he didn't speak. I worried that he didn't trust me or want to talk to me anymore. I couldn't blame him I mean. I wouldn't trust myself.

"So... does that mean you're like over ten thousand years old because that's just wrong?"

I laughed and felt my shoulders slump in relief.

"Alex... Or Lonny," He chuckled. "You and Gabriel are obviously made for each other."

"Is this all you heard from all of that?"

"No," He mumbled. "But this Cameron guy is obviously messing with your head too. Although you probably hate to admit it, you like him."

"How right you are, I do hate to admit it." I groaned.

Jay started coughing hysterically. I held him to me and waited for it to stop. "Oh god, that's painful."

I sighed. "You'll be fine."

"Don't change the subject on me now." He cleared his throat. "When you kissed him---"

"Why you do want to know about Cam? I'd think you'd be asking me about my past lives or battle or something you boys are into."

He rested his forehead back on my neck. "Seemed like an interesting story. But never mind then."

"Do you want to ask me anything else?"

"What's it like?"

"What?"

"Not being human?" He adjusted his position and watched me with heavy lids.

I glanced down at him. "There are some differences."

"I'd expect so!"

"I'm still half human, Jay. The only difference is I can run faster than a car, I'm super strong, I'm growing wings, and I have sharp eye sight, sharp hearing, and sharp sense of smell--"

"Wait, what? You're growing wings?" He asked completely outraged.

"Yes. It's all a part of the process. I told you that. So, in the mornings you might hear me grunt from the pain."

"Really?"

I nodded. "I usually have this drink, but obviously I won't be able to have any now, so... I'll be in pain."

He squeezed me as best as he could. "I'll be here."

"I don't like that fact. But thank you. I won't know what I'll be like in a couple of days, Jay. I could be completely oblivious to everything later on."

"Tell me if you're in pain." He mumbled.

I nodded. "Goes both ways." I pointed out.

I stared at the flame and rubbed my hand up and down Jay's arm. His breathing began to slow along with his heartbeat telling me he'd gone to sleep. His head shifted to rest on my neck more comfortably. My eyes flickered to a beam of light from the ceiling onto the floor. I looked up and found a medium sized crack. It was night. Probably just gone midnight. The moon was barley visible.

What would Gabriel do tomorrow when I don't come home or make any form of communication?

I didn't honestly want to think about it.

I didn't even want to think about what I was doing tomorrow. What would Eli make me do? I couldn't even imagine...

__________________________

(edited 2023)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80 2 1
Alex thought she was normal. She was living a normal life. But then everything changed after winter break. School started again. Alex is living with...
20.1K 4.7K 87
|COMPLETED| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alexandrea Dwayne is a seventeen-year old girl who suffered abuse at the hands of the man who raised her. After the man...
42 9 28
Caitlyn Young's life has changed drastically within a matter of weeks. After a battle between dark angels and fallen yet still angelic beings Caitlyn...
1 0 1
Esmeralda's life was perfect until the day her past comes back to haunt her. Realizing that there may be more to her than what meets the eye, she emb...