Cupid & Psyche

By BelleBurns

Let's just face it. Every love story has started with a simple crush on someone. All her high school years, P... More

Author's Note to Copyright
Cupid & Psyche
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter One
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Two
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Three
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Four
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Five
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Six
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Seven
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Eight (Revised Chapter)
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Nine
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Ten
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Eleven
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twelve
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Fourteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Fifteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Sixteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Seventeen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Eighteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Nineteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-one
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-two
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-three
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Four
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Five
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Six
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Seven
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Eight
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Nine
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-One
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty- Two
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Three
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Four
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Five
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Six
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Seven
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Eight
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Nine
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-One
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Two
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Three
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Four
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Five
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Six
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Seven
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Eight
Acknowledgements

Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty

5.8K 171 14
By BelleBurns

Chapter Forty

Love is like a thesis. You need patience and efforts, it has many chapters and revisions but in order to prove it…

You must defend it. =)

Persephone went ahead of me and she stopped at the railings of the stairs and then she looked at me with a different expression. Here was I on the other hand I panicked to her sudden change of reaction and I run beside her.

Down stairs I saw a sand colored haired guy doing a cross position only that he’s kneeling. My heart pounded in my chest when I knew who it was. My parents were seating in the sofa watching him. How could they be so harsh? I wanted to react to this but my dad saw me before I could go down stairs.

‘Do you have anything to do with this, young lady?’ my dad looked up at me. Cupid, hearing this followed my father’s gaze.

I looked from him to my dad then to my mom and back to him.

‘What are you doing?’ I mouthed the words. He just grinned up at me and continued his own monkey business.

So I went downstairs to defend him.

‘Dad, why do you have to do that to him?’

‘Psyche, he asked me to.’ My dad prompted as he stood up.

I looked at Cupid who was in a very pitiful situation. He had his arms widely spread and he was kneeling down on the floor. Not only the floor but he was kneeling some jelly beans and some salt. I freaked out when I saw it.

‘But dad—‘

‘He came up to us in the middle of the night and he asked me if he could do a little sacrifice just to apologize to what he has done and to…’ my dad smirked at me. ‘…and to prove his love for you.’

I know I felt my blood rise up my face now. Any moment now, I’m gonna blush.

‘Rudolph the red nose reindeer has a very shinny nose—‘ Phoebe sang and my mom hushed her but later on she did smile.

Then someone came knocking on our door. My mom opened it and Venus went inside immediately.

‘My son what have you done!’ she wailed. He helps him stand immediately.

‘This is too much! Why do you have to do this to my son?’ Uncle Lauren beamed at my dad and I have to move steps back to stay away from them.

‘Dad, it was my decision. I only asked them to help me.’ Cupid came into rescue as he went in-between our dads.

‘What do you mean?!’ his mom asked.

He turned to me. ‘I came here to ask for Persephone’s forgiveness so that there wouldn’t be problems concerning me and Psyche.’

I blinked at to what he said.

‘You’re forgiven.’ I heard my sister’s voice out of nowhere. When I saw her she was smiling and I knew that she means it.

‘Then problems solved!’ Uncle Lauren shouted. ‘Now can we go home?’

Cupid glanced at Persephone mouthed the words ‘Thanks.’

‘We’re so sorry about the disturbance of our son…’ Venus apologized to my parents.

‘It’s nothing Venus. You’re like family.’ My mom said.

Then they escorted them outside.

‘Why are you here?’ Persephone crossed her arms.

‘What--?’

‘You’re just gonna let him go like that? Fine,’ she started to the door. ‘I’ll steal him from you!’

I know that it was a joke but I still pulled her. Still half of a joke is true. Ha-ha

‘No! I’ll go.’

She scoffed at me. ‘Go out there and kick your butt!’

I chuckled at her and I run outside before my parents close the door.

‘Cupid!’ I shouted and my parents let me have some “privacy” with him.

Cupid and his parents turned to me.

‘Psyche,’ Venus hugged me first before Cupid could. Then she kissed me on my cheek.

‘Mom, you can go now.’ Cupid sang.

‘Oh right.’ She winked at me. ‘Privacy.’

I waved to his parents and we both waited for them to disappear from the gate before facing each other.

‘You’re so cute in your pajamas.’ He said.

*blush*

‘Huh? Oh… thanks.’ I tucked some hair to my ear.

Then he held my hands and he pulled me close to him.

‘So… can you be mine now?’

I took a deep breath. He raised his eyebrows with his signature smirk. He’s so confident that I will say “I love you” to him tonight.

‘If rose petals would rain.’ I turned around from him.

‘But that’s impossible!’ he shouted as he placed his hands to his head.

I bit my lower lip. ‘Nothing’s impossible. You said so yourself.’ Then I turned around again and faced the door.

‘Wouldn’t I have a good night kiss?’ he asked.

I turned around and I grimace my face at him.

‘Why, are you my boy friend?’

‘Ouch!’ he made a pained face.

I laughed at him. ‘Good night, Cupid.’

‘I love you, Psyche.’ He said in his very cool voice. I wanted to close my eyes and record it but I have to get inside.

‘I know you wanted to respond. Stop playing so hard-to-get! I already got you!’ he grinned.

‘Shut up, I might fall again.’

‘Then I’ll catch you again.’

Cheesy!

I shook my head. ‘Until rose petals rain.’

He sighed and his shoulders sunk. I chuckled again then I decided just to give him a good night kiss. Just maybe to give him a hint that everything’s going fine now.

‘Just one kiss.’ I said.

He nodded. ‘One kiss on the lips.’

I frowned. ‘Duh. On the cheeks.’

He sighed again. ‘Fine. Now come here.’

I run to him and he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me in a tight embrace. He buried his face to my shoulder and I felt his breath breathing into me.

That’s when I leaned close to him and I planted a soft kiss on his cheek. He giggled at the touch.

I smiled at him then. ‘Let me go.’

He shook his head and he gave me another smirk.

‘Do you want my dad to kill you for real?’ I laughed at him.

He gave a childish nod as he pouted his lips.

‘Meet me tomorrow then.’

I rolled my eyes. ‘Fine.’

‘You’re forced to.’ He said.

‘No, I’m not!’ I hit his shoulders.

‘I was joking.’ He giggled and he lets me go of the hug yet still he holds on to my hand.

When I started to walk away he pulled me back and planted a quick kiss to my lips.

‘Good night, my world.

I laughed at the cheesy-ness of it.

‘Good night, lover boy.’

At least I could say everything had ended fine today. That as I sleep tonight everything will be fine. That tomorrow I would wake up and I would see him freely tomorrow and the next day. I hope every day would be like this. I’d give everything to be like this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 335 42
Psyche's beauty has gained her great popularity in the worst way possible, leaving her at the mercy of Aphrodite, a vengeful Goddess that doesn't wis...
381 11 18
A story of a 17-year-old boy named Pure. He is a lonely guy that hasn't felt the real touch of love. He has had girlfriends but the feeling of happin...
229 69 59
17 different people, meeting after being separated. Cursed by the last laughing witch. Finds light when Allison saw them and gave them shelter. Haunt...
44 4 15
She's a Kathak dancer. He's a football player. She's in the top position for her Kathak classes. He's the captain of the football team. They're both...