Falling For The Shadow (A Fai...

By ashortino399

When a girl comes falling through the doors of a wizard guild called Fairy Tail, the wizards have no idea how... More

Character Intro / Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 1/2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
10K

Chapter 20

1.1K 34 18
By ashortino399

****Hi! Here is the second chapter just as promised, I wish I could have uploaded it yesterday when it was done, but I had a graduation party to attend and I did not expect to be gone until 11:30 at night. So it's still being uploaded within 24 hours of the last one so please accept this chapter and be expecting more because I feel bad about leaving for a long time, it isn't fair to you guys who enjoy this story. Also because of my long break, I have lost several readers which saddens me because I really am grateful to all of you, but I hope I can make amends by finishing this story before the middle of August.  I will hope that I can regain my readers with these new chapter as well as satisfy you who still read this story. So once more thank you to my wonderful readers and sorry about the extended break which is now over. We are headed into the climax of the story which will be the fight between Ahri and Rin The fight will most likely go on for a few chapters so be prepared for a long fight. Without spoiling too much I hope you all look forward to crowning the victor. The picture above is my favorite picture of our beloved Shadow Dragon Slayer Rogue. Please I always love when you guys COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW ME! Enjoy!!****

********************************************************************************************************

Rin POV

When the dragon descended into the over-casting shadow of the mountain I couldn't tell if my body was ready to melt of withstand a demon attack. my nerves were fusing with my adrenaline and I clench and unclenched my fist to keep my body under control. 

I looked back to see the team of Fairy Tail wizards were already getting into a fighting mindset. Team Natsu was talking quietly, Mira and her siblings were off on their own, Laxus and his team were preparing next to Gajeel who was eating a metal pipe he pulled from his belt, and Levy was scanning a book with her magic glasses.

I turned back to the mountain but soon a flapping sound it my ears and I turned again. I looked down to see four winged shapes coming at us from below. I smiled as Night, Lily, Happy and Carla appeared from the shadow of the dragon. I held out my arms fro Night while the other cats reconciled with their companions. 

"Night, you shouldn't be here," I said, stroking her soft head. She just chuckled.

"As if I would let you go face your crazy sister without me, don't forget she threw me out of my home too." Night replied, her tail flicking at the memory.

"Don't worry, I won't let anything happen while we are in there." I said.

"I think I have to worry about you more than you have to worry about me. Your the one with the ultimate trump card," Night replied. I dropped the smile, my ultimate trump card. I sighed, I hoped I would never have to use it, I've never had to before and it have never been tested to determine it's danger scale, but it can be rivaled to the Etherion. I could not be careless about the destruction it might cause of the people it might hurt.

"Do you think Ahri will make you use it?" Night asked. I shook my head.

"I don't know, but if she does, I'm not sure we will be able to walk out totally unscathed." Night nodded. 

"Then make sure it doesn't get to that point."

"I'll try," I sighed.

"That's all I can ask for Rin, but regardless, I'm still going to fight," Night said calmly.

"What?!"

"I'm going to fight with you," Night repeated.

"How?" Night must be crazy, beside her extremely lithe flying ability, she knows no other way to fight.

"Like this." She closed her blue eyes and her silver marking illuminated like the moon. There was a flash and when I opened my eyes, Night was gone.

Standing in her place was a huge panther-like cat, almost as tall as me, pure ebony black with glowing blue eyes, and strange silver markings that matched hers. She extended her huge claws and growled showing her canines. I smiled and lay my hand on her back. 

"You are definitely my cat."

Night nodded her huge panther head and with another flash she was back to her small Exceed self.

"I bet Lily really likes you fighting form," I smiled slyly. She fur went on end and she shook her head. I just laughed, my cat was as bad in the romance department as I was.

"Ok, you an come with us, but at the first sign of my trump card, get everyone out, as a fast as you, even if you have to drag them, ok?"

"Ok Rin."

"Thank you Night, I can always rely on you."

"Don't thank me yet, 'cause we are three seconds from getting ourselves into the craziest fight yet."

I looked up, I could see the cave ledge fast approaching and whistled, signaling everyone who came close and gathered into one group.

I turned and took a breath. "There lies the entrance to the cave, I want to make sure everyone knows that there are demons in the cave and they are being controlled by a very powerful mage and that our main goal is to get Sabertooth out, you are not to engage in the mage controlling the demon, she is mine and mine alone, understood?'

Nods all around. "Good, if you are unable to fight, retreat to the ledge where the dragon will be waiting, I want no casualties so don't do anything stupid."

More nods went around just as the dragon dropped his claws and latched them onto the rocky ledge of the cave entrance and slowed to a stop. I lid off followed by the team who now was suiting up for battle.

Erza requipted to her Purgatory armor, the dragon Slayers were getting fired up, Lucy called Loke and Virgo, Gray was shirtless and frosting, Mira and her team were into their take over forms, with Mira in her Stiri form, Bixlow, Ever, and Freed were preparing next o Laxus and Levy finished her book, her eyes now glowing with new magic.

I nodded as everyone finished their preparations and motioned towards the entrance. I held up my hand and they stopped. I peered around  the corner and immediately the first thing that iht me was the scent, faint but still so strong, the scent of ash and water was something my nose was trained from birth to recognize.

Diamondglare.

I gasped and pulled away. Erza gave me a questioning look but I shook my head. "I'm fine. All clear."

We slipped into the darkness of the cave, pressing against the wall. I took another breath and he Dragon Slayers followed in suit. A new scent was now detectable. It was not good and it made my nose twitch.

"Demons."

"I smell dragon!" Wendy gasped quietly.

"Me too." Gajeel  took another sniff. "It's a powerful aroma."

"It smells like the dragon left long ago, wait...that's...I smell demons." Natsu lowered his voice.

"The scent of the dragon is Diamondglare, Queen of Dragons, and my mother."

The Dragon Slayer gasped and inhaled the scent. I saw a faint blue light above me and drew my eyes up. A blue flame torch was flickering in the darkness, lighting the way.

Diamondglare's flames. She was the only dragon with blue flames.

I followed the torches, the format of the cave cavers slowly coming back tome. I stopped at the first tunnel and took a sniff, the scent was strongly laced with that of a demon. I motioned forward and we slipped past the tunnel, silent and quickly.

I took us past two more tunnels before a familiar scent caught the wind. I stopped again and looked to the right, the familiar scent was coming from there. I pointed to he tunnel and we walked in.

I led us purely by scent as this was a new tunnel, it was not here when I was growing up. When the tunnel led to a cavern I stopped the group and peeked over the corner and sighed. I rushed in and knelt beside the chained Sabertooth members.

Fairy Tail followed me in and and went to work on the chains. Ahri had taken Sabertooth most powerful mages and cuffed them with magic shackles. I requipted a dagger and ran to the first mage I saw, a smaller girl with short white hair dressed in feathers clothes. I shook her awake and she was about to scream when I slapped my hand over her mouth to prevent detection.

"Shh! It's ok, we're here to get you out, are you the only ones or are there more captives?" She calmed down and I removed my hand. She took a breath and shook her head. "The mage who took us, She said something about using one of us as bait, everyone she took is here, except for...Rogue."

My breath caught in my throat as I fought to process her words. So Ahri was going to us Rogue as bait. Typical Ahri, dragging others into our personal fight. I nodded and went to the next mage, whom I recognized as Sting. I slapped him awake and  slashed his chains. I snapped them off his hands as he came to his senses. 

"What...Rin? What the hell happened?" he moaned, his fingers going to rub his temples.

"You were taken by my sister, get up, you're free." I pulled him to his unsteady feet.

"I'm really starting to hate your family," he grumbled as he finally managed to steady himself.

"The feeling's mutual," I  replied watching as the Sabertooth members were not happy about being rescued by Fairy Tail.

"Where's Rogue?" I asked. Sting shook his head. "Your crazy bitch of a sister took him a while ago, saying something abut her plan to kill you, it's all pretty fuzzy."

"Great, Erza, take them outside to the dragon to get the away from her, they re in no condition to fight," I called to the scarlet haired mage who was removing the cuffs on a guy I heard Sting call Orga.

"Sorry not gonna happen, Sabertooth will not be outdone by Fairy Tail, We're staying." Sting argued, crossing his arms.

I scowled and grit my teeth. "I wasn't asking, you're leaving."

"No."

"You little...!"

"Rin!" Erza interrupted, a hand clamping on my shoulder. 

"What?!" I growled, turning. "Oh!"

The cave was suddenly filled with the horrible stench of demons.

"RUN!" I shouted and the whole group took off after me. I sprinted through the cave tunnels and made a sharp turn into the main cavern. I slid to the center and stopped. The group following in suit, forming a huge defensive circle of both Sabertooth and Fairy Tail alike.

I looked around and from the tunnels branching of, hundred of demons, mostly E-C class demons, I found B-Class Demons crawling along the ceiling above us and A-class demons waiting at the upper ledges.

"Do not move." I spoke to everyone.

It was silent for a few seconds before a slow and mocking clap filled the silence, causing the demons to stir slightly. They hollowed out a tunnel and a silhouette was entering the main rom, the slow rhythmic clap continuing.

I lowered my self into a fighting stance and grit my teeth.

"Ahri."

*************************************************************************************************************

**** there you go my lovelies, the second chapter up in 24 hours, I might also throw in  a chapter from Ahri's POV so look forward to that, and get ready for the most intense fight scene ever!! (I hope XD) and get ready to see what happen in the final showdown between our cold-hearted Rin and our revenge driven Ahri, place your bets cuz the end is near and only on will come out on top. Until next time. Ja!****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 6.7K 26
(Warning! There will be cursing in this book) After a night of heavy drinking and partying, Lucy Heartfilia finds herself in bed with her best friend...
3.4K 104 42
(Y/n) wakes up one day not being able to remember anything. When she was at her supposed home something didn't seem right, so she left. While trying...
19.8K 976 43
The truth behind what drives the SaberTooth Guild to be as ruthless and driven as they are has never been clear. Behind the stoney face and heartless...
4K 96 27
I wrote this story because I kept thinking about it over and over in my head and I thought I'd publish it because it actually took me forever to do...