Royal Innocence

By bethia9

He was the prince. I was the Duke's daughter. He was my brother's best friend. And my sworn enemy. There was... More

Prologue
1-Those are muscles, not fat!!
2- Are you stuffing your bra?
3- That Waters dude dies and Haley chick cries.
4 - You look like a clown!
5 - no PDA in front of brother!
6 - I'm an eighteen year old guy, for God's sake!
7- I said goodbye, my last goodbye, to her.
8 - Just open ur freaking door!!
9 - Oh my freaking cherries!!
10 - No swearing, my Prince
11 - He-who-shall-not-be-named and Piglet broke up
12 - But, just so you know, I'm still hotter.
13 - Have you seen my idiot brother and HRH?
14 - Why was everyone grabbing a freaking sandwich?
15 - Brictionary
16 - It's Christine Daae, not Christine Dying
17 - Like you are the last two pieces of brownies on earth
18 - I thought British boys were supposed to be gentlemen.
19 - future princess, stop staring at Prince charming.
20 - Never been so happy to see the door!
21 - No!! Jason! Don't leave me!!
22 - Hey, nice day, isn't it? Hope you enjoyed it coz I'm gonna kill you.
23 - What are you expecting me to feel?
24 - Yeah and one night stands happen upon the first meeting
Special Announcement
25 - You know the feeling, the feeling when you think life can't get any worse?
26 - I'm sorry for being muscular
27 - My brother's already like a bull who saw a red cloth.
Something to say (not an update)
28 - Here goes nothing
30 - Lover boy and Mr. Protective
31 - Like a Skyscraper
32 - To Lady Brianna Huntley
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Royal Announcements - Plans
Royal Announcements - new book
THANK YOU + new book

29 - Dude, you're swearing like you are a Glader in Maze Runner

3K 96 32
By bethia9

Sometimes hope is all we have and to lose that is to lose all. - Karen White

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 29: Dude, you're swearing like you are a Glader in Maze Runner

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Ashton asked for the hundredth time.

"I showed you the text already. Besides, you drove us here, if anything, it'll be your fault." I reasoned.

"I know, it's just that it isn't like Jason to choose somewhere so ..."

"Weird." I finished.

"Yes, weird and at such an awkward tine." Ashton nodded. It was almost 3 in the morning and we were practically in the middle of the woods, I didn't know how Jason knew about this place, but we had to have the GPS to help us.

Suddenly, car sounds were heard, we turned around to see Jason's familiar car appearing. He pulled up next to Ashton's car and got out.

"Dude! I thought we came to the wrong place or something!" Ashton said, clapping Jason's back.

"Sorry, had to take care of something." Jason apologized, he turned to me and kissed me on my forehead.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Okay, so what's up?" Ashton asked. Jason sighed.

"Long story, short. My parents found out I was at yours this, o should I say yesterday morning, which led to finding out about Brianna and I. They went ballistic, of course. I was forbidden to see you and I shouted at them and ran away." He explained.

"Jason! You shouldn't do that! Not because of me, they're your parents! They just want the best for you." I cried. I hated that Jason and many others had to suffer so much for me.

"That's the reason I didn't really want to tell you at first." Jason sighed.

"Dude, you defied your parents for my sister! Congrats!" Ashton exclaimed, clapping Jason on his back with one hand and ruffling his hair with the other.

"Ash!" I hissed.

"What? Sis, here's the thing, lover boy over here never defies his parents and for you, he's already did it twice!" Ashton laughed.

"It's not funny!" I cried. I then proceed to stomp towards my brother, snatch the car keys from his hand and start the car.

"What the hell?!" Ashton shouted, both running.g towards me.

"Stop!" Jason yelled. He yanked one of the doors open.

"What do you want?" I grumbled.

"Shouldn't we be asking you that?" Jason smirked.

"It's not funny!" I said for the second time.

"Come on, sis. Tell us what's the problem." Ashton said gently.

"I'm leaving, okay? Then you can go back to your lives and not be bothered by me anymore." I cried, trying pull my hand from Jason's tight grip.

"Oh, come on, piglet, don't be silly. Get out of the car." Jason said.

"NO!" I said, tears welling up.

"Ash, a little help here?" Jason asked and be for I knew it, my seat belt was off and I was carried out the car.

"Anna, Anna, stop hitting me! Come on, sis. You don't really mean that. You're not bothering us, at all." Ash said.

"I just... I'm sorry, I'm just really tired and I- oh Ash... Why me?" I sobbed.

"I don't know."

"I'm sorry I yelled at you, Jase." I said, weeping my tears.

"I'd rather you yell at me than not being able to see you at all." Jason replied.

"Ew, get a room!" Ashton cried, throwing me away gently.

"Oh, slim it. My parents are calling me again." Jason muttered, hitting the ignore button on his phone.

"Slim it?" Ashton laughed.

"Dude, you're swearing like you are a Glader in Maze Runner, shuck face! " I laughed, hitting Jason.

"Oh, slim it. I really am." Jason cursed. "I mean, f-"

"Okay, bless my virgin ears!" I cried, covering my ears. "So, you've finally bought the other two books?" I laughed, remembering how I bought him the second and third book, but nit the other two for Christmas. That seemed years ago.

"Yea, annoying Piglet." He answered.

"So, where will you live now?" Ashton asked.

"Oh, that reminds me, come on guys, I'm bout to show you something I've never shown anyone before." Jason said with a smile.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Woah, this is yours? Dude, what else have you been hiding?" Ashton exclaimed as we all stared at the beautiful house in front of us. It was a huge two story house, with (I asked Jason) four big bedrooms. It even had an attic and a basement. The house, itself, was so beautiful I could cry. It was beige with a dark brown roof. Around it was bushes, forming a fence, the gate even has plants climbing around it.

"Wow." I breathed.

"Your parents let you have these? I've been begging Mom and Dad to let me rent an apartment to use as a private gym for years! And they're still saying no." Ashton commented.

"Well, here's the thing. They don't know about this house. I bought it with my own money. Only four people know about this, you two, me and Jim, the man who helped me find it." Jason explained. "Come on, Piglet, you're gonna love this."

He took my hand and led me into the gate.

"Hey! I'm still here!" Ashton cried. We merely laughed as I followed Jason into the backyard.

"You planted this?" I gasped, staring at the huge apple tree in front of me.

"It's been here when I bought it, but I added the swing." Jason said, hugging my waist.

"It's beautiful." I breathed.

"I know." He whispered, I blushed, feeling his eyes on me, not the tree.

At that moment, it was like nothing else mattered. It didn't mattered if Jason ran away after a huge row with his parents or that I might be arrested for murder. It was all about the peace, the quiet, the love.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"We're really sorry, Mom, but a friend of ours had a really rough night and we had t-" Ashton said again.

"I know, I understand, but you've got me very worried. Next time leave a note and you can't go alone, okay?"

"Okay." We answered in unison.

"Well, now that's settled, we've got more important things to talk about." Dad sighed, rubbing his eyes. "Son... Luke wants you to be a witness at your sister's hearing."

"I know." Ashton replied.

"What?" Dad said in bewilderment.

"Yeah... we kinda eavesdrop in the secret rooms..." Ashton mumbled.

"Arghhh, I really have to do something with those rooms." Dad groaned.

"No!" Ashton and I both cried in unison.

"What do you mean, no?" Dad asked.

"Don't do anything to them, I mean, we won't eavesdrop next time." Ashton promised.

"We'll deal with that later, now if you knew this all along... why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't let me go no matter what." Ashton answered curtly.

"Son..."

"What? Look, It's not like I'm asking permission to go to a stripe club or to smoke weed, I'm only asking to be allowed to prove that my own sister is innocent. What's wrong with that?" Ashton threw his hands up in the air.

"What's wrong is that I don't you to be dragged deeper into a hole!" Dad said, his face slightly red. "You've already got one foot in, I don't want you to get your other in too!"

"But Dad! This is Brianna we're talking about. My sister and your daughter! Do you not care what happens to her?!" Ashton pointed to me.

Great, just great, they're going to talk about me like I'm not here again.

"Of course I care! Don't you go accusing me!" Dad shouted.

"Honey-" Mom began.

"Oh, don't honey me."

"Calm down. I'll talk to him." Mom hissed.

"Sweetie, your father means we'll. You have to understand," she gave me a quick glance, reached over and squeezed my hand. "Ashton... you have to know that this is not a must-win battle. It's not. There are too many fake evidence. If, touch wood, we lose, there's a chance that something bad will happen to you, and the chance will be bigger if you become a witness."

"I don't care! Mom, Dad! I'm 18, an adult, I can choose what I want to do with my life! If I want to be a flipping a witness, I will, okay?" Ashton shouted.

"Ash, please, I don't want you to risk anything for me." I, realising how Ashton might be affected, begged him.

"Jeez, stop saying that!" Ashton hissed, turning away from me.

"I told you! This is my problem! Not yours or Jason's or Mom's or Dad's! None of you should have to risk so much or do so much! It's my own freaking business! I'm the one going to jail! Not you!" I cried.

"Brianna!" Mom gasped. "Who said you're going to jail?"

"Oh, stop lying to me, Mom. Luke said he'll try his best when Dad asked what was the chance of winning. I'm not dumb, I know what that means, sorry, but your daughter's probably going to jail."

"Oh, darling. Then, you don't really know everything." Dad said, with a tight smile. He got up, took something from the drawer, "Here, I got this just now." I took it and opened it while Ashton watched from next to me.

Dear Adam,

Below is a table of the ''evidences" and the arguments, hope it helps your family understand more about Brianna's situation.

Evidence 1:

Brianna gave a Venetian woman her father's statue in exchange for a small bottle of Venetia. Fingerprints of her was found on the statue.

Argument 1:

Her fingerprints are found, but there's no evidence that she took it to the Venetian. The murderer might have used gloves.

Evidence 2:

Brianna cooked that soup which killed Cordelia.

Argument 2:

No evidence she put the poison in. Someone else could've done it. (N.B. The maid who helped Cordelia with the soup will be called as a witness.)

Evidence 3:

Brianna was seen burying a Venetian bottle in her backyard.

Argument 3:

Face cannot be seen in the tape. The gardener (N.B. witness) can be lying. Planted fingerprints. No Venetia found in the bottle.

As you can see, there are arguments for each evidence, but of course, the jury holds the final judgement. Please reconsider about letting Ashton become a witness, he may be able to convince the jury, he's a kid with very good reputation, the jury should believe him more.

Best Wishes,

Luke

I looked up to look at Mom and Dad.

"I..." I began, but I didn't know what to say.

"Sweetie, it's not much, but it's still something. There's still hope." Mom said, hugging me. I nodded, as Dad and Ashton came over to hug as well.

Sometimes, hope is all you've got and no matter how small it is, we have to cling onto it and don't let go.

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Author's notes

Hello from Australia

It's winter here. We just finished visiting a wild park. The animals are so flipping cute♡

So, that's chapter 29:)

A shout out to MoonCrater and DreamCatcher38 , thanks for adding my book to your reading list. (Hey, if u added my book to your reading list and I haven't given u a shout out or a personal thank you, pls tell me:))

Chapter song: Spell Block Tanto (love it)
Chapter pic: Ashley Benson as Trisha Grigoletto

Till next time

~Bethia♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

471 50 4
Jolene was an average girl. Some would say there was absolutely nothing special about her. Yes, she was smart, but thatˋs pretty much it. Her looks w...
3.1K 100 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
115K 3.4K 35
They tried to warn her. All he was going to do was break her heart. Well, then let him break it. *** High school. The dreaded part of our lives whe...
7.2M 591K 72
He was the prince who got away. He had it all - power, fame, glory, honor. (Did I mention the unlimited supply of money, alcohol and women?) Yet...