Ever After

By kelly_1231

Having a famous rockstar as your childhood best friend isn't all that great. Carson should know since hers ju... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
The Lyrics
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven (Part One)
Chapter Forty-Seven (Part Two)
Epilogue

Chapter Forty

35.6K 1.1K 112
By kelly_1231

[A/N]: Ugh, science will be the death of me! I am so glad that i don't have to take it next year! >.< 

Anyway, there's SEVEN CHAPTERS LEFT!

And oh, I just posted another new story called "Winter Sonata" and it would be greatly appreciated if you guys would support me with that story! It's slightly different from what I've written on Wattpad so far but seriously, I'm really excited about it. And if you guys give me some of your thoughts on that story, I'll update TWO chapters the next time I update... deal? :D

So yeah.

Vote. Comment. Fan? :3

kelly_1231

Chapter Forty

VINCENT'S POV:

Ever After had worked with many music producers before but the one music producer that we always seemed to be working with most of the times was the music producer who discovered us in the first place and offered us a recording deal for the record label that he owned. His name was Blaze Carter and I hadn't seen him since last month when we recorded a new version of Ever After's single 'Say Something'. He was famous before he even signed Ever After onto his record label but let's just say, it was because of my band that his career expanded. I mean, all these unknown bands were coming to him for a chance of fame but with Blaze, there was always particular sound he was looking for and that was why he preferred to search for new upcoming bands instead of them searching for him.

          Right now, Blaze was flying back and forth from his recording studio in New York City and Toronto to find some new bands who he could sign onto his record label and one of his searches was at this old warehouse where Ever After competed in this thing called The Battle of The Bands.

          Though my band lost two years in a row, this was the place Blaze had found our video and invited us to come to New York City to visit him. And since this is where a lot of great bands came out to play, Blaze wanted my help in finding "the next big thing", which meant I had to fly all the way from Los Angeles to Toronto for one night only before catching the next flight tomorrow morning.

          The warehouse was hot and stuffy but because I had been performing in the exact same condition for more than two years, I was use to it. I was even wearing my gray sweater with my hoodie pulled over my head so nobody could recognize who I was. Blaze on the other hand, a man in his late thirties, was simply wearing a leather jacket, a snapback on his head, and sunglasses over his eyes. He looked absolutely ridicules but this was his "disguise". Any band looking for a chance of a recording deal would know exactly who he was if even dared show his face. Usually, the man would just be wearing a white button-shirt and washed out jeans.

          "Thanks for coming out, man," Blaze shouted over the loud music that was coming from the stage. Currently, a metal-rock band was playing and the male singer was literally screaming into the microphone while everybody began rocking out to it. My ears cringed a little just because the volume was so loud but in normal circumstances, I would have been okay with the screaming. Blaze, on the other hand, was not too fond of 'too much' screaming.

          "No problem," I shouted back. 

          Blaze nodded towards the band up on stage. "What do you think of them?" He shouted.

          I shrugged. "The vocalist is really good but I'm not too sure about the guitarists... they rhythm is so.... off. I don't know, it's like they don't what they're doing-- they look so awkward up on that stage," I shouted in Blaze's ear.

          And it was true.

          The three guys were just slowly strumming their guitars in weird rhythms while they looked out into the crowd with a dazed look in their eyes. Now, I didn't know if they were high or anything but they sure as hell didn't look like they knew what they were doing.

          Blaze chuckled. "Give them a few years," he said. "Maybe they'll get better."

          I nodded and we both stood there watching each new band come up on stage while performing their originals. We were critiquing them and though some of them were really good, none of them were able to hold Blaze's attention for more than a minute. Most of the time, he would chug on his beer and go to the bar to get another one while I just stood there like a complete loner.

          Once the fourth band came up to play, Blaze finished his sixth beer and went out to get another one, leaving me alone once again. 

          While I was just standing there, a girl with bright red hair bumped into me. 

          "Oh, god, I'm so sorry.... Vincent?" A familiar voice mused.

          Shit.

          I turned my head to my left to expect a crazy fan and I was only met with Gracie McRose just staring at me with wide eyes.

          Okay, she was a crazy fan but right now she was just staring at me like i was Medusa.

          "What are you doing here?" Gracie asked slowly over the loud music.

          I shrugged. "Music business," I stated, simply. "You?"

          "I'm here with my friends."

          Friends.

          My eyes widened in shock as I completely turned towards her. "Is Carson here?" I shouted over the music. "I need to talk to her."

          Gracie laughed. "Vincent, do you realize Carson will rip your head off when she sees you?" She shouted back. 

          "I-I know," I replied. "But really, I need to talk to her right now."

          Gracie shrugged just as the people around us started hollering at the end of the of the current band's performance. A guy then began introducing the new band called The Untamed and all hell broke loose as the crowd went nuts. I wanted to take a look at what all the fuss was about but I continued holding my gaze on Gracie until she told me where Carson was. It took her moment or so to finally do so but when she did, she only said, "You'll just have to wait--"

          "Wait? What?" I shouted. "I need--"

          Gracie put her hand on my shoulder. "Carson's sort of busy right now," she said, laughingly. She then nodded towards the stage. "Look up there and I got go now. I'm sort of on a date with Simon--"

          "What?' I asked, confused.

          Simon and her were a thing?

          Gracie rolled her eyes just as a girl started to sing on the stage and the crowd began going crazy. "Is it really that surprising?" She asked.

          "Yeah, Simon's kind of a odd," I replied, slowly.

          Gracie shrugged. "You and Carson are sort of odd," she stated. "I mean, isn't everybody?"

          I didnt' answer.

          Before Gracie left, she gestured towards the stage again. "You might wanna take a look, Gray," she said while turning around.

          And I did.

          And I nearly had a heart attack.

          Because the girl who was singing up on that stage was Carson.

          My eyes widened in shock as Carson began singing loudly into the mic and as i listened to the lyrics, I automatically knew that she was not one who wrote it. When it came to songwriting with Carson,   there was a specific tone to her songs that she always used. She loved rock as much as the next person but at the end of the day, she was more of an indie singer and songwriter. But the way Carson was rocking out on the stage made me believe that she was a typical rock girl.

 Right now, you're making me question all the things i've ever felt for you

And right now, I don't know where you and I stand

But don't expect me to be singing the blues

'Cause right now, I don't need you in my life

And right now, you can go ahead and pack your things and go

Cause I can live my life without you just fine.

          "Is that... your girlfriend?" Blaze asked in shock as he walked right up beside me.

          I didn't say anything but nod quickly.

          "Damn."

          "I know."

          Blaze shrugged. "The band's pretty good but it's her that I'm looking at right now," he said to me. "I never knew she could sing rock! I always thought she was more of that indie-type of girl--"

          "She is," I insisted. "But..."

          "I want her."

          "What?" i shouted as I turned in Blaze's direction.

          Was he for real?

          Blaze pointed to Carson and the crowd that was going nuts for her as she gave them a wink. "This girl can write songs, she can sing, she play the piano and the guitar, and not to mention that she's actually rather pretty," Blaze explained to me. He pointed to Carson again. "I want her on the record label, Vincent. She's good. I might even sign on that band 'cause the girl with pink hair is actually pretty cute but, Carson... wow. Why didn't I think of this before? She was the one who wrote Forever Yours! And do you know how many hits those videos of her on Youtube has? Some people be hating on her right now but she has talent. i want her."

          This would have been one of those moments where I should have been jealous that Blaze was finding interests in other talents but for some reason, I was grinning.

          Carson always told me that I was living her dream so maybe now, she can live that dream for herself.

          And if I knew anything, i knew Blaze could help her with exactly that.   

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Untamed and Carson didn't win the Battle of the Bands.

          But they did win the attention of Blaze.

          After there performance, which was the last one of the night,  Blaze and I waited for them backstage in one of the rooms. When the door opened, it was The Untamed who walked in and not Carson. However, Blaze gave them his card anyway and he ended up setting an appointment with them tomorrow morning at his studio so that he could hear their original singer. They all squealed and we left the room to celebrate then Blaze and I decided to search for Carson.

          But it wasn't hard.

          She was eating one of the cupcakes that was offered to the bands.

          As I walked right up to her, I tapped her on the back.

          Carson then turned around with her mouth full and her face dropped. She then swallowed her cupcake. "Vincent?" She asked.

          I held up my arms. "Hug?" I asked, hopefully.

          Carson rolled her eyes as she grabbed one of the cupcakes behind her and smashed it onto my face. "Screw you," she snapped.

          I quickly wipped off the cream off my face with my sleeves and grabbed her wrist. "Will you just stay for a second?" I nearly shouted. "God, you're so hard-headed! My friend wants to talk to you about something--"

          "I don't care."

          "Yes, you will."

          Carson glared at me with her fury burning in her brown eyes but she eventually shook my grasp off of her and folded her arms across her chest. "Okay," she mumbled. "Where's your friend?"

          Blaze walked right up beside me and Carson's mouth hung wide open.

          "Blaze Carter?" She breathed. "Oh. My. Fucking. God."

          You see what i meant when every aspiring musician knew who he was?

          Blaze grinned as she shook hands with her. "That was one hell of a performance you gave up there with The Untamed," he commented. "Um, i know you and Vincent have your problems right now but I would like to offer you a chance of a record deal. It won't happen in a flash 'cause you still need an agent but if you give me a chance, I'll help you become a real artist."

          Carson's closed her mouth. "Are you serious?" She asked in disbelief.

          "I was serious when I wanted Ever After on my record label and I'm serious when I say I want you to be the first indie singer on my label."

          Carson paused for a moment.

          "What's the catch though?" Carson asked, slowly.

          Blaze shrugged. "You have to invest a lot of your time to your music," he answered. "Vincent told me before meeting you that you have your eyes set on University and I'm afraid if you are to be on my label, you have to give your hundred-percent to your career. You won't have time to be going to classes because you'll be writing music, recording music in the studio, doing promotions and interviews, and other things like photo-shoots. Being a musician is a full-time job and I guess that's the only catch."

          Carson stayed silent.

          "Isn't that great, Carson?" I asked. "You'll be doing what you want--"

          "Shut up," Carson snapped. 

          Again, silence.

          "How do i know this is legit?" Carson asked.

          Blaze gestured towards me and i gave her a half-smirk. "I'm living proof of Blaze Carter's magic," I stated.

          Carson didn't respond.

          "Oh, wait," I said. "I have an idea: what if Carson opens all the shows for Ever After's world tour? It will be epic. I can call Maggie and arrange something--"

          "That's a great idea!" Blaze exclaimed. He looked back to Carson. "You're first gig. Now how easy was that?"

          Carson just stared at the both of us. "Yeah, it starts on my eighteenth birthday," she stated. "So no. Maybe for two months in the summer but once autumn rolls around, I have to go to University--"

          "What?!" I shouted at Carson. I looked at Blaze and said, "Hold on for a second. I need to talk to her for a moment."

          I grabbed Carson's wrist and walked her around the corner. Once we were alone, I gave her a wide-eyed look. "What are you doing?!" I hissed. "This is Blaze Carter-- he's a famous music producer that so many artists would literally kill to work with! He's legit, Carson! He sees something in you and genuinely wants to make good music with you! Do you honestly want to go to University now that your dream is, like, literally being handed to you on a golden tray? Damn, this your chance, Carson! Don't fuck it up!"

          Carson rolled her eyes. "Maybe I don't want to be a musician," she snapped.

          I narrowed my eyes at her. "What are you talking about? You were the one bitching at me a few months ago for living your dream," I said. "You want this-- I know you do. What's your problem? You can start the world tour with me after your debut but if you don't want to tour with me for a year then fine, just work with Blaze this summer and--"

          "Where's the money?" Carson asked out of the blue.

          "What money?"

          "The money you promised me in March," Carson stated. "I need it now that I'm telling Keri Richardson we're officially over."

          I just stared at Carson. "You're literally choosing boring ass University over music?" i asked slowly. I paused. "Why?"

          "Where is it?"

          "Are you bipolar or something?" I nearly shouted at her. "Goddammit, can you just live for once? Stop trying to be the epitome of stereotypical Asians and just screw University. It's not for you--"

          "Don't tell me what to do with my life," Carson snapped. 

          "Why do you even want to go to University, huh?" I asked. "You're just going to be living such an ordinary life--"

          "And what's wrong with an ordinary life?" Carson countered.

          "Nothing, but--"

          "Look," Carson said, holding up her hand. "I'll think about it, okay?" She rolled her eyes and brushed by me as she walked back to Blaze who just ended up giving her his card.

          "Call me when you change your mind," Blaze shouted to her as she walked away.

          "Sure, will!" Carson shouted back with sarcasm in her voice.

          As she continued to walk away, Blaze nudged me in the stomach. "You gonna go after her or something?" He asked.

          I sighed. "What's the point?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 67 25
He took a step closer, the smirk not leaving his face as he could sense my irritation. "I've been looking forward to this for far too long," he laug...
3K 117 18
"Lara, where are you going?" Noel's shouting at me, struggling to be heard over the music in the club. "I'm not letting that dick get away with this...
11.6K 434 51
"We shouldn't do this-- I'm leaving in a few months." "What better time to start than now." "I thought I was just a music nerd to you." "You're not...
2.2K 251 37
Music is a part of life, a part of who we are. You can go anywhere in the world and music will follow you. You can't escape it. Whenever you hear a s...