Stop the Wedding

By LYGasilla

What will you feel if your mom is getting married again and the guy she is going to marry is the father of th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (FINAL CHAPTER)

Chapter 3

1.1K 44 1
By LYGasilla

                The first day of summer vacation, I saw my mom applying her makeup. “Mom, are you going out?” I asked her suspiciously.

                “Yes,” my mother replied. “I already cooked your lunch.” She was now arranging her things in her bag.

                 “Where are you going?” I asked.

                “Just at the mall,” my mom replied. “I’m going.”

                “Bye,” I said. When she left, I immediately took a bath and ate my lunch. I need to follow her. I don’t know if this was good or not. But I was really curious if my mom really was dating somebody. And worse, it was Gabriel’s dad!

                I was at the mall a few minutes later. So, where could my mom be? I went to the second floor but I didn’t saw her. When I went to the third floor of the mall I saw my mom walking and I followed her. I was really walking so fast that I accidentally bumped into someone.

                “I’m sorry,” I said apologetically.

                “Alice,” someone said surprised.

                I looked and saw Gabriel. “What are you doing here?” I asked him.

                “Why? Can’t I go to the mall now?” he said sarcastically. “So, you really are following me.”

                I rolled my eyes at him. I left him but he grabbed my hand.

                “I’m only kidding. Did you see my dad?” he asked me.

                “Why?” I asked him. Was he following his dad?

                He didn’t answer me. I nodded and he asked. “Where did they go?” So, he knows his dad was with my mom.

                “That shop,” I pointed. “I don’t know what shop that is.”

                We went to the shop and stopped at the entrance. Our eyes widened. The shop was a wedding shop. Why were they in here? Wait a minute! Were they planning to get married?

                “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” I asked Gabriel.

                He nodded. He pointed at something and I saw my mom and his dad going out. We hid at the corner. I can’t believe this. Our parents were going to get married? Was this a dream?And they weren’t saying anything to us. Will they hide this thing from us until the day of their wedding?

                “We can’t let our parents get married.” I saidconfidently.

                “Yes.” he agreed.

                I am so glad he agreed. This is the first time we agreed on something, so this might work. First of all, I don’t know this guy my mom was dating even though he was Gabriel’s dad. And second I don’t want to be Gabriel’s step sister!

                What should we do? I asked myself.

                “I don’t want you to be my step sister,” he said miserably.

                I looked at him sternly. “And I don’t want you to be my step brother,” I said angrily. “Who wants you to be their brother anyway?”

                “I can think of many – “ he started but I interrupted him.

                “We need to plan something, remember?” I said glaring at him. This guy! I just can’t – arg! We need to stop their wedding okay. We need to!

                “We need to follow them,” Gabriel suddenly suggested.

                “Follow them? Hmm… that’s a good idea,” I said. “We should text each other when our parents are going to go on a date. We should follow them and see what their plan is.”

                Gabriel looked at me and nodded.

                That night I called Yvonne. “What?” she said loudly after I told her what was happening.

                “That’s insane, right?” I said to her. “And I can’t believe my mom isn’t telling me about it.”

                “Are you sure?” she asked me. “How did you know?”

                “They went into a wedding shop together,” I explained. “And Gabriel and I – “

                “Woah! Wait a minute!” she interrupted. “Gabriel and you?”

                I forgot to tell her. “Gabriel and I decided to follow them in their dates,” I told her.

                “Uh-huh. And you still hate him?” she asked me.

                “Yes!” I shouted but stop for a while. “I guess. But he’s being nice to me these days.”

                “Oooh!” she teased.

                “Stop it Yvonne!” I protested. “Hey! I need to go now! See you.”

                “Sure,” she said and we both hanged up the phone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

175K 4K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
204K 9.9K 56
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
12K 538 3
Escape into the drama and romance of the Regency era with To Murder a Marquis, an immersive time travel adventure full of mystery and passion. When m...
7.4M 207K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...