The Star Maidens Curse (A Dar...

By Nebulae1

Three brothers bestowed with powers beyond human comprehension are coming to earth. One romantic, one narciss... More

The StarMaidens Curse - The Brothers
The Star Maidens Curse Chapter 1 - The #Vision
The Star Maidens Curse Chapter 2 - Mysterious Brothers
The Star Maidens Curse 3 - The Others
The Star Maidens Curse Chapter 4 - Scars
The Star Maidens Curse Chapter 5 - The Vortex
The Star Maidens curse Chapter 6 - The Manor
The Star Maidens curse 7 - Ancient Soul
The Star Maidens curse 8 - Energy of the universe
The Star Maidens Curse Chapter 10 (Dark and Gripping)
The Star Maidens Curse Chapter 11- Hypnotised
Stolen by the Brotherhood Chapter 12 - The Orb
Stolen by the brotherhood Chapter 13 - Constellations
Stolen by the brotherhood Chapter 14 - The Power of Order
Stolen by the brotherhood Deleted for Editing
Stolen by the Brotherhood Deleted for Editing
Stolen by the brotherhood Deleted for Editing
Stolen by the Brotherhood Deleted for Editing
Stolen by the brotherhood Deleted for Editing
Stolen by the Brotherhood Deleted for Editing

The star Maidens Curse Chapter 9 - Your True Destiny

4K 154 19
By Nebulae1

Chapter 9  — Your True Destiny

I rose, walked past the French doors and stepped into a palatial room resembling a spa. Tiered spillways fed into a huge circular marble tub flanked by candles and an exotic array of salts and toiletries. I noticed a frosted cubicle reminiscent of a steam room to the side. Wonderful aromas wafted from perfume bottles arrayed on a vast marble counter holding three basins fed by swan-shaped taps. My eyes fell on the oval, gilt-edged mirror above the basins.

Aghast, I could only stare at my dirt-smudged face and swollen, mascara-smudged eyes. My auburn hair hung in a tangled mess past my shoulders, partially concealing my scars. I stared at them, and unpleasant memories swirled in my mind.

I hesitantly touched the mirror, unable to believe I was the bedraggled creature staring back. I turned on the taps and rinsed my face. I ran water into the bath, and once the room was full of steam and the tub was full, I stepped in and sat down. The water felt amazing, soft and delicate against me as I scrubbed myself clean, I washed the grime from my hair and finally, almost regretfully, I stepped back out of the bathtub.

For an awful moment, I thought I would have to put my dirty clothes back on, but I spotted a fluffy white robe and slipped into it.

I brushed the tangles from my hair. An image of Donte suddenly filled my mind, ushering a wave of sorrow. What would he be thinking now? Was he as afraid as I was? I had nothing to remind me of him beyond the photos in my phone that I knew I'd never see again. Fresh tears blurred my vision, but I stopped myself. If I was going to return home, I had to be strong.

I returned to the bedroom to find Seraphina standing by the French doors. She looked at me with a gentle smile and indicated the fresh clothes on the bed. I knew by looking at them they would be the perfect fit, and when I hurried back to the bathroom and slipped them on, I was right.

I returned to the main room. Seraphina was still standing by the French doors, looking out at the view before her.

"Would it make you feel better if I told you there was a way to see your family again?" she asked.

She didn't turn around, and for that, I was glad, as I stood numbly before her, completely unprepared for those words with no idea what to say. Of course, I wanted to see my family again, but what if that somehow dragged them into this mess?

"If your family was reassured that you were alive and no harm would come to you, would you feel less afraid And don't worry, no harm would come to them either. Of that, you have my word," Seraphina asked, finally turning to face me.

At last, a trickle of hope.

"And Donte, Could I see him again, too?" I asked hopefully.

Seraphina paused, then shook her head. It was the tiniest movement, barely perceptible, but it brought a lonely feeling that reminded me that I was a prisoner with no real choices.

"I must be honest with you, Tilly. Don't set your heart on Donte. You'll learn that he was born to be with another."

"That's not possible. I was going to see him this morning, and he'll be frantic with worry by now."

"Trust me, Tilly, Donte isn't for you."

I looked unhappily at her, confused that she could possibly understand what Donte felt for me Or didn't, as the case might be.

"Why would you say that?" I asked, feeling the last tendril of hope slip away. "How could you know this?"

She merely looked at me. I felt my anger flare and then subside as if at her command.

"You believe his heart is yours, but it's not. There's another he seeks."

She came towards me and guided me toward the daybed. I sat and stared at the floor, weary and discouraged beyond words.

"Tilly, you may not realise it now, but someone other than Donte is meant for you. You don't see it now because you think you've found true love, but it's merely fleeting, and, in the end, you'll come to understand this."

She tenderly stroked my cheek, and I found myself looking into her eyes again.

"In life and in the universe, there's order to everything in existence. Don't question why, for you'll never fully understand the intricacies of it and pondering them too much will send you insane. Just know that it's a reality that has existed since the dawn of time. Everything has its place, and every problem has a solution. You're from a world that has yet to understand this truth."

"I've found my other half in Donte," I said with a frown, looking away from her. "Isn't that enough for me? I felt whole until the brothers appeared, took me away from everything I knew and loved, and left me terrified for my life."

"I'm happy that you see the world in its true beauty and your desire to love," Seraphina said, turning my face toward her. "Many in both our worlds don't recognise this anymore. You must believe me when I tell you, Donte isn't the one for you."

She took my hand, her eyes focused on my scars. Her gaze was much less judgemental than that of the brothers as she looked at them, and I felt no need to try to hide them from her probing eyes.

"In life, we are shown kindness, but this should never be mistaken for love."

"You think he showed me kindness because of my scars? That he did so out of pity?"

Seraphina's eyes betrayed sympathy, and I shook my head.

"Say what you please, Seraphina, but you barely know Donte or me."

"Your feelings will fade. You won't need to hear these words from me. The time will come soon enough when you'll learn this truth for yourself."

"He's probably frantic with worry by now," I said.

"Tilly, there's something more important I must tell you. What I'm about to say may be difficult for you to comprehend, but what would you do if an entire world depended on your decisions?"

The way she jumped from one subject to another was a little disconcerting, and it took me a while to really comprehend what she was asking me, An entire world. What did that mean?

"I... never really thought about it. I suppose I'd try to make the best possible decisions, but I'd need help. I wouldn't want such responsibility. That is what government is for. Why do you ask?"

"Because you must make a decision Tilly, A decision that could change the entire fate of the world. You know what I'm talking about. You must choose one of the brothers, for this is your true destiny. However, the brothers cannot make that decision; because their desire for you blinds them. You've already seen what's happened after only a day in your company. They can hardly be blamed, of course, You're beautiful and have a pure soul, but only one can be with you – the one who you claim."

Again, I thought of Cillian and the connection I felt with him I felt nothing but disdain for Torin, and for Fionn, I felt only fear.

Seraphina looked into my eyes. "Have you decided?"

I felt a blush rise on my face. Had my expression given me away somehow?

Of course, I haven't decided. How can I make such an important decision when I don't know them? You say this decision could change everything, and then you expect me to know. You tell me I have chosen wrongly by being with Donte, but you expect me to choose correctly now on command. In England, this kind of thing isn't arranged. You find your other half when the time is right."

"Tilly, the time is right. It's just not with the one you thought."

Instead of calming me like before, Seraphina's calm demeanour is beginning to anger me. How can she casually announce I must choose the world's fate and expect me to be ok with it?

"Why are you and the brothers so desperate for me to choose? What's so important about me that I must be with one of them. You're an older woman, like my mother. Why would you approve of what they've done? They kidnapped me, stole me from my home. Is this what you consider acceptable behaviour?" I searched for a connection, or at least understanding, in her eyes as I ranted at her, "I need to know what's going to happen to me."

"This isn't a choice mandated by the brothers or me. This is the choice of the Divine."

The Divine, mortals, immortals; all these words were thrown around like they were normal. They were difficult for me to grasp, and it was still hard for me to believe that I was in the presence of beings from other worlds. These beings resembled humans but were far more powerful and dangerous. Still, everything I had seen so far told me that Seraphina spoke the truth. I had to have some answers, and while the brothers made it clear I was to ask no questions, at least Seraphina was giving some information.

"I don't get it, why would they want to choose me? Isn't there someone suitable from their world?"

"Tilly, it doesn't work this way in our worlds. We originated from planets inhabited by the descendants of those who existed when the universe was young. These worlds are filled with what you call magic. The universe has chosen you, but when you were born on Earth only nineteen years ago, the brothers still had to find you among the many worlds beyond the stars. Now that they've found you, you must claim one of them. I appreciate this is a lot to take in, but ask yourself if this really comes completely out of the blue for you."

"Of course it does," I say.

"Does it? Is nothing of any of this familiar to you?"

I slowly nod my head. There is something vaguely familiar about Seraphina, and I wonder now if I've seen her in a vision Is that why she has such a calming influence over me Did I always know deep down I would meet her?

"Let's assume for a minute that I don't think this is crazy, That I believe it's my destiny to save the world or whatever. That still doesn't tell me how I'm meant to make the decision."

"You'll know the right decision in your heart Tilly. You have to trust yourself. Beware, though, if you choose the wrong one, there will be consequences."

My head began to ache. I was fatigued beyond words. This was too much for me to comprehend.

"I don't know what to say," I said tiredly. "This is overwhelming. I'm not only terrified and upset, but now I seem to be in a position where I may be forced to choose someone I don't know because of reasons unknown and unbelievable How would you feel if you were in my position? I doubt you wouldn't want to know what you were facing."

"But I do know how you feel," Seraphina said with an understanding smile. "When I first came to this house, this was my room. I was like you, young, beautiful, and very frightened. You see, I know exactly what you're feeling because I've been in your position."

Surprised, I looked carefully at her. From a close-up, I could see the bizarre contrast of youth and age in the detail of her beautifully sculpted features. I was confused by the contradiction of a woman who looked at least to be in her fifties yet who moved and spoke like a younger woman. It was as though time had become confused.

I saw a melancholy in her sapphire blue eyes, and wistfulness. How did she appear to have aged when the brothers hadn't?

"How are you connected to the brothers? I don't understand your relationship with them."

"Long ago, a descendant placed a curse on the brothers' realm. I'm one of those affected by it, But the curse didn't only affect the people of our world."

I stared at her with even more unease and confusion. For each of my questions she skirted around and left unanswered, she created a thousand more.

"I don't understand. What is this curse? How could such a thing happen?"

Seraphina sighed and gazed at me with searching eyes.

"Everything will be explained to you in due course. You're exhausted and should rest. You'll learn more once you've settled here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111 7 12
"Look at you." He smiles against me. "So breathtakingly beautiful." - In a world where power is sought yet feared. A world where the Kings and Queens...
2.3K 248 29
It came during the most desperate of times, after a reign of bloodshed. It thundered on in spite of terror, hopelessness and the great chain of inequ...
278 10 6
This story leads us in time before time, world out of the world, but still in the world. Prepare yourself, cause maybe, just maybe, you are the one t...
155 58 58
In his dreams, seventeen-year-old Charlie lives in another world where he can escape the depression that consumes him. Most days, it is the only thin...