Twisted Fate

By xxNessa21xx

The war continues on between the Hemmings, the Council and the Hunters. But only one will stand and rule them... More

Twisted Fate
~ 02 ~
~ 03 ~
~ 04 ~
~ 05 ~
~ 06 ~
~ 07 ~
~ 09 ~
~ 10 ~
~ 11 ~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~
~ 14 ~
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 18 ~
~ 19 ~
~ 20 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ 24 ~
~ 25 ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 ~
~ 29 ~
~ 30 ~
~ 31 ~
~ 32 ~

~ 08 ~

2.1K 120 2
By xxNessa21xx

Longlive12 it’s nice to meet you too! :) Thank you for your kind words. I hope you enjoy this chapter too! Thank you for your support as well!

Second upload for this week! Whoooo! Sorry if it’s a bit late upload (UK time zone that is) but I been doing coursework (it’s actually homework but that’s old school and for kids & I’m a college student now. ;) hahaha No offense, intended) and been out and about before college starts next week again.

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter and sorry for the random year jumped but I only have to more chapters after this to fast forward everything to the more exciting chapters! (These chapters are boring too, don’t you agree?) BTW, this chapter is for all Alex’s fans! Whoooo!

Enjoy! & honestly, let me know what you think!

Nessa xx

P.S. This is just a random thought but wouldn’t you agree if we can create a folder for us to put all our story together (for series only I guess, for example; I can put all the Hidden Truth book/story in 1 folder with the title, Hidden Truth Trilogy, so new readers won’t have to go through my stories to find the first book of it)? Just a thought though >.< haha

~ * ~ Seven months later ~ * ~

I open my eyes to see and saw the blue skies. The birds chirp happily and the fresh air brush gently against my skin. I knew instantly where I was. A smile form on my lips as sat up and patiently waited for him to arrive.

It’s been a while since I last saw him and he did tends to pop out whenever he feels like it. But whenever he comes and visit I still can’t get used to the fluttery feeling of my stomach when I see him just like what it’s doing now.

“Hello there.” He said sweetly as he sat down next to me. “Been waiting long?”

I giggle like a fool and instantly try to hide my embarrassment. “Not at all. To be honest I just…” I trail off as I think of a better way to explain what exactly I did. “Woke up?” I ask after a few moments of silence.

Alex laughs and I realise instantly how much I miss hearing his voice and laughs. “How things had been?” He asks after he got control of his laughter but when he looked at me, I had this feeling he already knew the answer. I hesitate to answer and he seems like he understands me like always as he leans back against the tree. “Seven months, huh?”

I looked at him and saw him smiling at me. “Yeah. Seven months.” I said quietly.

“You sure don’t look like it!” Alex joked and chuckle. I laugh with him as I knew what he meant exactly. In this place, it seems like only the soul can be guided here and not the body. I stayed flat stomach in this realm while I knew my body is seven months pregnant and can never be hidden. “Does Alexis know the gender again?”

“As always.” I said looking down at the valley. “She said it’s another boy.”

“Are they treating you like the same before?”

I laugh at that. “No! Thank god! They still spoils me though but not as bad before. I guess Brian isn’t as worried as he used to be after all this is his second child.”

“Tell Brian my deepest congratulation.” Alex said before looking up the sky with sadness. “As much as I want you to stay here, I’m afraid I have to send you back now.” I frown at these. “Gregg is waking up soon and Brian will probably kill me if I don’t let you go back.” Alex chuckles and gives my forehead a kiss. “I will love you always.”

“I love you too.” I said and just like that, I felt my soul tagged back to my body and when I open my eyes, all I’ll see is the reality.

Brain’s POV

I run and run but it felt like I’m only running in circled even though I knew this place like the back of my hands. I run up the hill and stop just under the cherry blossom tree. I can see the village, I can hear them laughing and chatting but everything felt wrong.

“Where the hell am I?” I yelled and yet no one heard me. The laughing or chatting didn’t stop. In fact it seems to get louder. The sky was blue as I had ever seen. The air felt fresh and refreshing against my skin and everything felt safe.

I run back to the valley and tried to talk to anyone but no seem to notice me. I run to the house and saw Cherry making breakfast with Gregg playing with Alexis at the garden. But where was I?

A familiar laugh caught my attention. I heard that voice before. I thought as I looked at the hill. I don’t know why but I run towards it like the voice seems to draws me in. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Alex laughing on the ground and banging his fist against the grass as he lay on his stomach.

“What the hell?”

Alex stopped laughing and looked at me. That didn’t last long before he went back into another fit of laughter. I couldn’t think straight but I knew one thing. Alex is dead but he’s standing in front of me like nothing bad happen to him.

When Alex did finally got control, he sat up and smiled up at me. “Cherry was just here a moment ago.” He said casually. “So tell me, what’s been bothering you?”

“What?” Was all I can form to ask.

“Oh right! This is after all your first time coming here.” Alex said or more like stated. “To make it short, this realm is for people who died like me who decide to be a guide. It can be a werewolf or human and we stayed close to the one we are helping. But this place can’t be access easily. The one who can come here in and out are the guides and some Hemmings we decide to come in their sleep.”

“This is how you were communicating with Cherry?” Alex nod. “But why am I here then? I’m not a dead or part of the Hemmings family.”

“Indeed you’re not but this realm also attracts lost soul or someone who are desperate enough for an answer. You and I know that you are not a lost soul which only leads us with you having troubles you won’t face or really struggling to cope with.”

I sigh and sat down as I looked up the skies. “Promise you won’t tell Cherry when you see her again?”

“It will be like old times!” He said happily.

I smile before I looked down on my hands with uncertain feelings. “Even though I told Cherry not to worry seven months ago and I’ll protect them. The truth is, I’m also afraid.

“Cherry was right. Having two kids will be easier to protect but having three will be difficult. I trust them to be able to protect themselves but they will still be young by the time we steps out of this safe haven.” I said as I looked behind me and to the valley. “Not to mention, your daughter.

“She’s a great kid but I fear for her safety. Her powers seem to grow stronger as time pass and we’re not even sure if things are met to happen like this. Cherry might not be saying anything but I know how trouble she is feeling when it comes to Alexis.”

Alex didn’t say anything and when I looked up, I saw him staring at the skies. I watch him got up and walk to the tree and lean his back on it. He looked at me and smile. “I think you forgotten that you and Cherry are not alone on this.

“When it’s time for you all to leave, the people here will give their blessing and divine protection until you reach home. By the time you and your family reach home, everyone there will help you protect your family and everyone else.

“Ellie had told you before that things happen for a reason and never to question it. There will be more things up a head and it will complicate stuff but you must never question it.

“Alexis will also be alright. I know you treated her as your own daughter but like I said, she’ll be alright. She knows what she’s doing and I’m watching all of you. Just give her your trust and things will be alright.”

“How can you be so sure?” By now, I’m standing beside him, watching the people in the valley.

“I know a lot of things that you guys don’t know.” Alex said but his face was mask with sadness. “Unfortunately it’s time for you to wake up. Alexis is coming now.” Alex said and laughs.

“Wait!” I yelled after him as he walks off while waving his hand goodbye. I try to run after him but my legs felt heavy. “I still have a lot of question.”

“Goodbye Brian!” Alex said. “Until the time comes, we’ll meet again.” Just like that, he slowly disappears from my vision but I can hear him whistling merrily.

Alexis POV

“Alexis, be a dear and go wake up your daddy.” Mommy said as she scoops Gregg of the floor. “It’s nearly nine and the animals haven’t been fed.”

“Okay!” I yelled excitedly. I run upstairs and let mommy mumbles to herself. It was one of a way for mommy to relax; well that’s what Clark told me. I opened the door to mommy and daddy’s room and saw daddy still asleep which was rare to see. Quietly, I sneak near the bed. When I’m close enough, I jumped onto daddy and yelled, “Daddy wake up!”

I fell at the end of the bed when daddy suddenly sat up and yelled, “Alex, wait!” He was out of breath like he’s been running.

Curiously, I tilt my head to the right with my pointy finger on my lips and ask, “Daddy who’s Alex?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 11.2K 19
***COMPLETE*** Evangeline hated her life from the minute she was rejected. Little did she know that her life would take a turn for the better. Evange...
205K 3.6K 17
I,ashton wood rejects you jade snow as my mate and future luna..
12.3M 8.4K 2
"And then he breaks. An outburst of broken sobs, as my mate let out the saddest cries I've ever heard. He shook and trembled, clinging onto me for d...
261K 4.6K 18
Why, is all Victoria asks. She's a good girl ,makes good grades, and is nice yet everyday she gets tortured by her brother and his friends along with...