~ 09 ~

I stare at Alexis’ curious eyes while I mentally scolded myself. Cherry will kill me if I mess this up. I thought before I took a deep breath. “Alex was my best friend.” I said and technically it wasn’t a lie either.

“Where is he now? How come I don’t know him?” Alexis knitted her cute little eyebrow as close to each other.

“Because Alex is not here anymore, he’s in a better place now and will always watch over us.” I said which it seems to confuse Alexis. “When you are old enough, I’ll tell you more about Alex, alright?”

“Okay!” Alexis squeals as she jumped out of the bed. “Mommy said breakfast is ready!” I nod my head and watch her run back downstairs. I listen and heard Alexis playing with Gregg as I slowly get up.

I started to debate with myself if I should tell Cherry or not about the dream and what Alexis and I talked about. When my eyes landed on her, I knew right there that I can’t tell her about the dream. If she knew, she’ll ask question and she knows that I got a doubts when it comes to be able to protect them all.

“Good morning darling.” I said aloud and in the mind link, I added. “Alexis asks who Alex was and I told her he’s my best friend who passes away but I don’t think she understand me when I told her Alex is in a better place.

“Good morning honey.” Cherry greeted back as she hand Alexis her breakfast. Her face was calm and composed but through the bond I can feel her panicking. “How did she know about Alex?” She added through the mind link.

I sat down next to Alexis and Cherry who was now trying to feed Gregg. “I had a dream of Alex…he was leaving so I called out for him to wait and I didn’t realise I said it out loud when I was asleep. Alexis heard me say his name.

Was that all?

Yeah” Alexis didn’t notice it but I did. Cherry let out a sigh of relief. Even though she tried to hide it, I easily spotted it. “After you it, you have to brush your teeth. You have a club activity to attend to.” She said to Alexis who nod her head and tried to finish her pancakes as fast as her little mouth could do.

“Why in the hurry, pumpkin?” I ask as I continue to watch her eat.

“Lily and I are racing. We talked about it yesterday and whoever get there first today will get the ice-lolly we bought yesterday.” Alexis said before jumping off her seat and running to bathroom.

“When did she learn to do those things?” I ask in concern.

“Some boys had been doing it for a while. They must have picked it up.” Cherry let out a long sigh. “You need to talk to her about it.”

“Why me?” One looked from Cherry said it. “Okay, so I used to do that too but come on.”

“I’m not going to be the bad guy this time.” Cherry said and gave me a sly smile. “Treat is as your punishment for nearly slipping earlier.” I let out a sigh of defeat and rolled my eyes at her.

“I’m going to get ready!” Alexis announce as she steps out of the bathroom and run upstairs excitedly.

Cherry gave me a pointed look. “I’m going.” I said as I followed Alexis. I knock on her door and waited for her to say ‘come in’ like what we taught her. “Hey, pumpkin!”

“What’s wrong daddy?” Alexis ask as soon as she saw my face. “Why do you look sad?”

I sigh and kneeled down to her eye level. “You know your little deal you made with Lily?” Alexis nod. “That’s not really a good.” She tilt her head to the side with a confuse face.