Incondite || Kol Mikaelson

Bởi koImikaeIson

incondite : badly put together -- Latin inconditus, from in- + conditus, past participle or condere to put to... Xem Thêm

disclaimer ; zero . kellan
one . duckie
two . familiarity
three . kol
five . timer
six . vampire gigolo
seven . this time

four . mikaelson ball

4K 218 6
Bởi koImikaeIson

four . mikaelson ball

"I look ridiculous."

"Well, I think you look lovely." Allison stood behind Kellan, the pair in the mirror in her room. She brushed her fingers along the dark waves of her daughter's hair. "And your date will think so, too."

"I don't know if I should even go," Kellan said, wearing a pale pink gown with an open back. A pair of white heels sat on her bed, the thought of dancing in them intimidating. "I mean, I don't even know him."

"I'm not letting you back out." Allison hooked Kellan's hair back, twisting the curls into an elegant side knot with soft waves framing her face. She used a gold pink to hold it together, smiling as she did so.

"Who throws balls anymore?" Kellan quickly asked, suddenly thinking about how she'd asked Kol who took walks anymore. "I mean, I don't even do high school dances so why am I going to a ball in a dress that I feel like a brat in?"

"The difference is you didn't pay as much for this dress as an actual brat would." Kellan's mother grinned, handing her a pair of diamond studs and a pair of gold drop downs. "You'll have fun. I can feel it."

"Define fun," Kellan said, putting in the two pairs of earrings.

"You'll dance with a charming boy, I'll not give you any grief for drinking champagne and you might even find that you really like mysterious boys who could quite possibly keep up with your wit."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves now."

Allison and Kellan both smiled at the same time, the deal sealed.

"Put on your shoes and come to the car," Allison instructed. "I'll drive you." She squeezed Kellan's arm before going beyond the door and out of sight.

Kellan picked up some of her gown, walking across her room to her made bed. Letting it down, she slid on one of the heels followed by the other. She took in a soft breath, aware she was actually going to do this. She was going to a ball as a date and she was wearing the prettiest dress in the world.

"Everything is going to Hell," Kellan muttered, leaving her room for the Mikaelson Ball.

She had no clue just how right she was.

|||||

Classical music filled the foyer of the newly built Mikaelson home, whims thrown as the towns people of Mystic Falls spent an arm and a leg for something to impress the new family.

Of course none of them knew it was the Mikaelson's home before any of their ancestors knew the earth was round.

A string quartet played as waiters brought around welcoming drinks, everyone important within the mansion or at least on their way.

It was an event no one wanted to miss.

Damon Salvatore, dapper in a tux and bow tie, handed a glass of champagne to an old friend of his. "Hello, Carol."

Mayor Lockwood took the drink willingly. "Hello."

Damon silently toasted, "Hangin' out with your new besties?"

"I'm the mayor, Damon," Carol said, beautiful in a thin strapped gown. "When the oldest, deadliest family of vampires moves into your town, you welcome them with a smile." Giving an example, she followed by sipping on her drink.

"Huh," Damon said. "Well, at least you know who you're borrowing that cup of sugar from."

"I'm trying to protect this town," she replied. "They've assured me they want peace, and I've assured them that I'd enforce it."

"Mayor Lockwood." As a new figure appeared, so did an English accent. "We haven't formally met. Kol Mikaelson." Suited, an original vampire took Carol's hand and kissed it in greeting. "I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it."

There was way to deny he had charm.

Damon put out his hand to Kol, "Damon Salvatore. Have we met?"

Kol smiled a little menacingly, "I've met a lot of people, and you don't particularly stand out." He made an effort not the shake Damon's hand. "If you'll excuse me, my date's arrived."

Across the room was a girl who looked perfectly in place while inside she felt she didn't belong within 200 feet of this party.

Kol came around her side, pretending he didn't see a peek of black ink on her side where the dress trailed. "I almost thought you weren't coming." He took her hand, light kissing it.

Kellan only seemed a little startled as she found Kol holding a thin glass out to her. She smiled, relieved she wouldn't be awkwardly standing alone amongst people she'd didn't talk to. "Honestly, I questioned it."

"How come?" Kol asked, watching her carefully.

"I'm not a party person," she told him. "I feel out of place and little ridiculous."

"Well, you look outstanding." His smirk got a little prouder as he got a blush to arise on her face, tinging her cheeks pink.

"Compliments don't let me get to know you." Kellan had to show she wouldn't be entrapped by this boy. "That's what tonight is for, isn't it? For me to get to know you."

"Don't forget for me to get to know you, darling. It's not exactly a one way street," Kol countered. "All I know is that you're a genius and you fancy to study in odd places."

"How do you know that all of the places I study are odd?" Kellan asked with an arched brow. "A pattern can't be determined by a single data point."

Kol simply laughed, "Well then, I stand corrected."

"So, Kol." Kellan held her champagne glass as she pretended not to notice Elena was staring her down across the room. "Other than calling strangers out on where they study and you enjoying walks, I don't know much about you. Tell me something about yourself."

"Well," Kol said with a pause for thought, "I like baseball."

"Really? I didn't take you for a sports guy."

"Says the girl who just said she didn't know anything about me," he retorted with a grin. "You're assuming, love, and you met me today."

Kellan laughed, absently pushing at a loose wisp of hair as she looked at Kol. "I don't know, I just feel like I know you."

"Little brother," Niklaus approached with a wide smile, "you didn't tell us you'd found a date. Hello again, Kellan." He kissed her hand, soon letting go. "You look lovely."

"Thank you," Kellan said as she stood at Kol's side.

"I hope you don't mind if I steal Kol for a moment." Klaus put a hand on his shoulder. "Quick greetings and he's all yours."

"No worries," Kellan said with a light smile. Being left alone, she downed the rest of her drink in nerves.

The man who'd called Kellan Violet stood on the staircase with his family, "Uh, if everyone could gather, please."

Kellan stood in the crowd, smiling as she caught Kol looking at her.

"Kellan," a voice greeted quietly.

Looking over, she found Stefan Salvatore handing her another glass of champagne. She took it, two others joining on the grand staircase. "Thanks."

"Welcome, thank you for joining us." Elijah looked up, a woman with short hair coming down the steps. "You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance."

"You see who I see?" A dark haired man asked as he came up next to Stefan.

"Oh, yeah," Stefan replied.

"Tonight's pick is a centuries old Waltz," Elijah announced to the crowd. "So, if all of your could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."

As Kellan started to leave the brothers, Stefan grabbed her arm once she'd put the champagne down. "Hey- what, Stefan?"

"How well do you know Kol?" he asked as he let go.

"I met him today," Kellan said in reply.

"Kellan," Kol cleared his throat as he stood not too far behind.

Kellan shot Stefan a strange look, leaving him to join Kol. She placed her arm in his as he offered out an elbow. "Dancing, then? You're in luck."

"How's that?" Kol asked as they went into the ballroom.

Kellan took her place next to him, her arms going to the right positions with her hands in his. "I know how to waltz."

"Lady of many talents," Kol mused to her as the music started and they stepped forward in time.

Kellan hid her smile, turning as they faced inward. Stepping ahead, she was in nearly in front of Rebekah, who stood with Matt.

The blonde smiled, giving a nod in greeting before going past her.

Kellan and Kol turned again, perfectly in time with the dance.

Kol spun Kellan, his eyes on her as she took his hand and placed the other on his shoulder. "You really do look lovely," he said to her as they moved in circles. "I'm glad you decided to come."

"Well, you would've looked strange dancing by yourself," Kellan said with a smile. "Maybe I was just being considerate."

Kol lightly laughed, holding onto her bare back. "How do you know how to dance?"

"My father taught me," she replied after a brief hesitation.

"You had a great teacher. Now spin," Kol said before twirling her sending her off to another partner.

Taking place, Elijah carried on the dance with her. "I never properly introduced myself," he said to her. "I'm Elijah."

"Kellan," she told him.

"It's nice to meet you, Kellan." Elijah offered a smile, "Kol invited you, yes?"

"He did," she said in reply. Hesitating, she asked what had really been bothering her since they'd met in the square. "How, um, how familiar do I look to that girl from New Orleans? I think that's where you said you knew her from."

"Violet?" Elijah asked before continuing. "Well, honestly Kellan, you looked like you could be her."

And for some reason, that didn't settle well with her.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

308K 7.3K 49
Ranked #2 in #niklaus stories ☺️ *** in which a thousand years later, a young woman is back from her slumber and will do whatever it takes to win bac...
333 4 8
The story of the Originals is one of epic proportions and "always and forever." The story of the hybrid Niklaus, the noble brother, Elijah, The first...
252K 7.9K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...
74.5K 1.7K 49
"Hideous, right?" "I've seen worse." The Mikaelson Family has one more weakness when not only Klaus but also Kol fall for the same girl, Danielle...