Avaricious Hearts

By clockwork_chaser

Story of Matthew Neil Vergara and Cleo Saskia Aragon. How far can you endure to reach for a star? SOME SCENE... More

Reaching for a Star
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Mama's Boy
Chapter 2: The Actress
Chapter 3: The Cassanova
Chapter 4: The Foreplay
Chapter 5: The Call that Ends it All
Chapter 6: The One He Loves
Chapter 7: The One He Left
Chapter 8: The One at the Background
Chapter 9: The Lie She Made
Chapter 10: The Confused
Chapter 11: The Kiss that Ignites the Fire
Chapter 12: The Blissful Union
Chapter 13: The Accident that Changed Him
Chapter 14: The Return of the One He Loves
Chapter 15: The Million Pesos Worth of Date
Chapter 16: The Date She Turned Down
Chapter 17: The Walk in the Sand
Chapter 18: The Smile that Holds a Warning
Chapter 19: The Decision She Made
Untitled Part 22
Chapter 20: The Day She Spent with Him
Chapter 21: The Mother at His Side
Chapter 22: The Man Behind the Camera
Chapter 23: The Floral Dress He Ripped
Chapter 24: The Song for Us
Chapter 25: The Wind Beneath Her Wings
Chapter 26: The Way He Defend Her
Chapter 27: The One He Used To Love
Chapter 28: The Realization
Chapter 29: The Mess I Made
Chapter 30: The Rejection
Chapter 31: The Strong Woman
Chapter 32: The New Model
Chapter 33: The Clingy Boyfriend
Chapter 34: The Necklace for Her
Chapter 35: The Strong Urge
Chapter 36: The Sensuality She Exhibits
Chapter 37: The Ring He Wants for Her
Chapter 38: The Revelation that Shocked Her
Chapter 39: The Butterfly Paradise
Chapter 40: The Way He Said Those Words
Chapter 41: The Move He Made
Chapter 43: The Emotional Couple
Chapter 44: The Gift From the Husband
Chapter 45: The First Night He Loved His Wife
Chapter 46: The Disappointment
Chapter 47: The Surprise for Her
Chapter 48: The New Blessing
Chapter 49: The Name of Their Son
Chapter 50: The Party for the Girls
Chapter 51: The Intimate Dinner
Chapter 52: The One who Begged
Chapter 53: The Reconciliation
Chapter 54: The Healthy Baby Boy
Chapter 55: The Team Vergara
Skipper Clint Vergara
Marron Ninel Vergara
Clive Marjoram Vergara
Candice Marione Vergara
More From Chase ;)
Special Chapter (Part 1)

Chapter 42: The Dream Wedding Gown

23.1K 686 27
By clockwork_chaser

CLEO'S POV

I've been so anxious for days. It's been two months since Matthew asked me to marry him. And I don't even know when will be our wedding!

Courtney and Tatiana already threw a bridal shower for me. And Matthew is not so happy about it. 

All my contracts are finished and I already bid my farewell to my showbiz career. My fans cried and made a little strike and begging me not to leave the industry. And I announced that I am getting married, that's why I want to quit show business. 

Because of my announcement, the speculations rise. Madami na namang nangungulit sa akin. Matthew said that it's alright, I am protected in their home.

May ilan na nagsasabi na malamang daw na buntis ako kaya ako pakakasalan. 

Sinabi ni Matthew sa media na magkakaroon daw ng exclusive coverage ang kasal namin. 

Regarding my issues about myself, I've decided to accept it. Tatanggapin ko na lamang. Kahit ilang balde pa ang iiyak ko, hindi na mababago ang katotohanan ng pagkatao ko. 

"Hindi mo na naman na kailangan ng tunay na pamilya mo, dahil bubuo na tayo ng sarili nating pamilya. Bibigyan kita ng malaki at masayang pamilya" Matthew said while smiling widely at me. 

Ano pa ba ang hahanapin ko sa buhay ko? Hindi ko pa siya asawa pero pakiramdam ko ay buong-buo na ako. At pakiramdam ko ay kabilang na ako sa isang pamilya dahil pinaparamdam ng pamilya Vergara sa akin ang pagmamahal ng isang pamilya. 

Kuya Nate and I are okay now. He apologized and I accept it right away. Naiintindihan ko naman siya. And he thanked me for loving his insane brother. 

If there's an important thing I learned from Matthew, it's how to appreciate things I have and not to count things I lack. The reality of life is about not having everything one desires. Even how hard we try, there will always be something unreachable. Happiness will come along contentment. And one will be happy when he starts appreciating his blessings than wanting something greater. 

I chose to appreciate my new family. Nanay and Tatay confess everything to me. They said that Celeste gave me to them. She's originally planed to have me aborted, but Nanay Juana begged her to keep me and just gave me to them because she can't bear a child. They asked for my forgiveness for keeping the truth. And I forgave them. They loved me as their own. It's my fault why they changed. We're good and they will still be my parents no matter what. They are the one who raised me. And I will forever be thankful for that.

I don't know where Celeste is now. And I don't want to care anymore. I don't know what's her purpose for showing up and telling me her lies. Yes, she's my biological mother, but that's all. She's not a mother to me. I don't want to see her anymore. Nanay Juana is my mother. And after my wedding, Mommy Natascia will be my mother also. 

*

I am sipping my lemonade when a guy stood beside me. I am on a restaurant waiting for Matthew. Nasa opisina kasi siya at sinabi na hintayin ko daw siya dito dahil may pupuntahan daw kami. 

"Yes?" I raised a brow in the man standing beside me. 

He may be a fans who wants an autograph. 

"Mr. Vergara asked me to pick you up. You can call him to confirm" he said in a formal tone. He looks familiar.

"Who are you?" I asked him

"Derek. From the bar. I am Neil's friend" he finally smile

I smiled back at him. Now I remember him. "Oh, yes I remember you"

He get his phone and dialed something. "Hello, pare. Nandito na 'ko" sabi niya habang nakatitig sa akin. Then he handed me his phone.

"Hello?" i said 

"Hi, baby. Sama kay Derek kasi may dadaanan pa akong isa pang meeting. Don't worry, I'll be on time sa date natin. Ihahatid ka na niya kasi kapag susunduin pa kita kakapusin sa oras. I love you" nagmamadaling sabi niya.

"Okay. I love you too" sabi ko na lamang at ibinalik na ang phone kay Derek.

Umalis na kami sa restaurant at sumakay sa kotse niya. Habang nasa byahe ay nagku-kwentuhan kami at bigla akong inantok. Sinabi naman niya na ayos lamang na matulog ako dahil medyo malayo pa daw kami. 

Hindi ko alam pero pakiramdam ko ay sobrang himbing ng tulog ko. Nang magising ako ay nakahiga na ako sa isang kama. Nang tignan ko ang relo ko ay nakita ko na magtatatlong oras na mula nang umalis kami sa restaurant.

I went to the door of the room and I saw my friends comfortably sitting on a couch. Courtney saw me and she pointed me to Tatiana and Alisson and two other girls that I don't personally know, but I knew them as Matthew's cousins. 

"Good noon, sleepy head!" masiglang bati ni Tats at mabilis na yumakap sa akin. "I am so happy for you, Clang!" tili niya pa ang mas humigpit ang yakap niya sa akin.

Natatawang yumakap ako sa kanya. "This is supposed to be my date with Matthew, why are you all here?" 

Then realization hit me. 

"Oh my God!" napahawak ako sa bibig ko at maluha-luha ako. 

"Congratulations!" masiglang bati ni Courtney at napaiyak na ako nang tuluyan nang yinakap niya ako. 

"I'm getting married" malaki ang pagkakangisi pero lumuluhang sabi ko.

"I'm so happy for you, Cleo" nakangiting sabi ni Alisson at yumakap na din.

"Welcome to the family, Ate Cleo" nakangiti din na sabi ni Aimee.

I don't know how can I contain my emotions. I will be Mrs. Matthew Neil Vergara real soon!

Tinahan nila ako at nagtatawanan kami. Yinaya na nila akong mag-lunch. Halos hindi ako nakakain sa sobrang excitement at kaba. 

"Kinakabahan ako. Wala talaga akong alam dito" natatawang sabi ko pero alam ko na nakangiwi ako.

"Trust that man, he's superman" Courtney smiled at me.

I nod at her. We cleaned up and they blindfolded me. 

"I'm starting to hate surprises" I said as I walked around with their guidance. "Feeling ko any moment magkakaroon na ako ng heart attack!" natatawang sabi ko.

'Yung puso ko puputok na yata sa sobrang bilis ng tibok. Alam ko ang kalibre ni Matthew Neil sa mga ganito, sigurado na maiiyak ako sa sobrang saya. 

The fact that he'll be my husband is a bliss already, and the wedding itself will surely be rapture. 

I gasp aloud when they removed the blindfold and I saw an elegant wedding gown. And my tears keep on falling my face. 

I walk towards the mannequin.

"Is this really mine?" I asked in amazement. 

It's beautiful and elegant. I never thought I can wear something this grand for my wedding day. (See the media, paki-imagine nalang na butterflies ang nakalagay at hindi flowers). 

It's a tube style gown with long back. Everything is white decorated with pearl beads. At ang likod na bahagi ay napapalamutian ng puting mga paru-paro na kulay gold ang dulo ng bawat pakpak. The designs are very detailed and defined. This is more than my dream wedding gown. 

I smile appreciatively as I feel it against my hand. It feels like I am dreaming. Matthew can make me cry hard with so much happiness. 

"Clang, please stop crying kapag may make-up ka na" paalala ni Tats.

I simply nodded. I feel like I am still in a trance. Everything is like a dream. 

They did my hair and make up. And all I can do is to smile like an idiot while looking at the gown. It's so beautiful, elegant, wonderful, amazing... I ran out of adjective to describe how perfect it is. I can't think of any other wedding gown better than this.

After fixing my hair and make-up, they help me put on the wedding gown. And I feel like crying as I look at the mirror and saw myself wearing my dream gown.

Since I was a kid, I adored butterflies so much. And wearing this gown, I feel like a real princess. It seems like the butterflies are drawn to me. And this is so perfect for me. Every detail of it suits my taste. Matthew knew me so well. And I love him more and more, beyond infinity if possible.

I took pictures with my bridesmaids. Tatiana is the maid of honor, she's on a maroon long gown with gold details. Courtney, Alisson, Aimee and Shania are wearing maroon knee-length gown with long back. Their gowns differ in designs, but all look elegant. 

They are all holding a maroon and gold silk-made round bouquet with diamond details. And the wedding coordinator handed me a white ranunculus and peony bouquet with golden silk handle. 

When they opened the door and I steeped out the room, my jaw dropped in amazement. I descended the grand staircase with Kuya Nate escorting me. 

"You look so beautiful, Cleo" he smiled at me.

I thanked him and focus on keeping my tears from falling.

Kuya Nate led me outside the mansion and I can't help but open my mouth when I saw where I am. 

"Hacienda Montinola" I muttered.

"It's now, Hacienda Vergara" he smile at me. 

I just stare at him with awe.

"You grew up in this ranch. Neil bought this as his wedding gift. He wants all every thing than can make you happy. Thank you for giving my brother a chance to be be this happy and in love. Congratulations and best wishes" he gently smile at me.

And my heart swell even more.

______________________

July 23, 2015 (Thursday) - 00:58

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

866K 23.7K 39
Bratty and spoiled, Crystal Angeline Perez is used to getting whatever she wants with a snap of her fingers. But when the ever-possessive Jacob Muril...
1.2M 46.6K 42
El Amor De Bustamante Series: Book 2 RECKLESS LOVE Being an all-around top student, Zia Lynn already has a clear picture of what's coming ahead of h...
2.4K 315 41
Lahat ng tao ay nagnanais na makapiling ang taong kanilang pinakamamahal. Mayroong mga sinuwerte na mahalin din pabalik at mayroon din namang hindi...
1.8M 72.2K 46
"People really do wrong decisions when it comes to love. Nagiging matapang, minsan naman ay nagiging duwag. I kept on saying that I love him but I wa...