Second Chance At Life. Second...

By IrishShewolf

Katie Knight found her mate at the age of 16 and were madly in love. But when he dies after a rogue attack he... More

Second Chance At Life.Second Chance At Love
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Twenty Three

6.2K 276 5
By IrishShewolf

Thanks to @inisha and @trina1010 for your comments:-) Sorry it took so long;-) This is for you guys, enjoy!

A two chapter update:-)

EDITED

Dani's POV:

Watching Brooke with her new son made me smile. I haven't had a reason to smile in some time so I was savouring the moment. Brooke decided to call her little baby Ollie as it was Mia's last dying wish and she wanted to honour her for giving her such a cherished gift. The name suited the little bundle. His beautiful baby blues could melt a grown man's heart when he peered up at you.

Once he was born the guards had taken a minute to look at him. I thought my eyes were deceiving me but I caught their faces soften at the sight of him but they blanked their expressions before anyone could see. They had gently gripped Brooke's arm as they escorted her back to her cell. They weren't as gentle with me. I rub the bruise forming on my arm.

The other women had congratulated Brooke and I for delivering the baby. Alison on the other hand was still her quiet self. She had yet to utter a word and it was really grating on my nerves. Words can't describe how scared I was delivering little Ollie. I was terrified he wouldn't make it and I knew it would scar me if something had happened during his birth.

The fact that Mia didn't make it still tugs at my heart strings but I'm glad Brooke has stepped up to take care of him. I had no one to turn to, to talk to. I expected my aunt to be there strong by my side, to be able to lean on her. But unfortunately she was dealing with her own problems leaving me to deal with mine on my own and I resented her for it.

Brooke and I have become really close lately since the addition of little Ollie. I was trying my best to keep her at ease but she was slowly starting to panic about certain things like feeding him. How are we going to get milk? Doesn't he need breast milk? I could see the questions running through her head. She was thrown into the deep end but she was doing her best to stay afloat.

Brooke's cell is beside mine. We were sitting in front of each other with the bars in between us. Ollie was clutched close to her chest sleeping soundly. I heard that newborns loved hearing their mothers heartbeat and that it easily calmed them. A sharp pain at the back of my head causes me to hiss out loud. Brooke's head shoots up and looks at me concerned.

"Dani? Honey, what's wrong?"

I couldn't speak, the pain was forming into a throb. The pain continues making me frown at the sudden appearance. It came out of no where. Brooke's concerned questions fade into the background as I try to concentrate on my headache. It wasn't a normal headache, it feels like someone nudging on the back of my head. Looking for my attention. Suddenly a thought hits me.

It couldn't be...could it?

Concentrating really hard I try to clear my mind and as I feel myself relax another presence fills my head.

* "-ni..Dani are you there sweetheart?"

I gasp and feel tears fill my eyes.

* "Dad? Dad!"

* " Sweetheart oh thank goddess you answered! Are you okay? Listen we are on our way. We know where you are and we are coming for you and your mom! Where is she? I know she's alive I can still feel her but she's not answering. Is she there?" Dads frantic voice fills my head. I could feel his emotions through the link. Worry, relief and joy.

My heart swells with hope. They are on their way? We could be saved? I couldn't believe it. It seemed like a dream but I was just praying that they would get here very soon. I was practically bouncing on the spot with the news.

* "Dad it's so good to hear your voice. I'm alright..aunt Alison is..okay I guess but I don't know about mom. She was taken out of here a few days ago and we haven't seen her since." I could feel myself choke up as tears streamed down my face. I could only imagine what she's going through.

* "I-I don't know dad..a-about mom. I-I.." A sob gets stuck in my throat.

* "Ssh sweetheart I know we are almost there so stay strong. Is there anything you can tell me?"

* " Umm yeah there are at least three guards at our door but I don't know where we are even located. I am with five other prisoners...no make that six. Four women, a young child and a newborn. We are in need of serious medical attention dad and please tell your warriors to be careful with the women when coming into our cell area. They have been through so much so they'll be terrified of contact with men. Do you have women with you?"

Anger shoots trough the link and I knew my dad was taking the news none too lightly. I knew he was probably relaying the information to the pack with him.

* " Yeah sweetheart. I have female warriors with me aswell and three pack doctors. Two from our pack and the other from your uncle Jake's pack. Now...when you say newborn?"

* "Ollie was born a few hours ago."

I hear him curse and he quickly tells me they have arrived and we would be safe soon.

I could cry with relief and once he left the mindlink I jumped up on my feet and started pacing. Silence filled the cells once again and I knew just by listening that the guards were outside but not near the door.

Brooke's voice penetrates my wayward thoughts.

" Dani! What's wrong?" My feet stop in front of her and I take in her crouched form. She looked worn out but there was an underlying fear in her eyes.

"They're here." I wince as my voice seems to echo through the dense silence that I have grown to hate.

Her brows furrow in confusion and she looks at me like I have grown a new head.

"Who?"

Taking a deep breath I look her in the eye.

"My pack..my dad he's here. We are going to be saved."

Brooke doesn't say anything for a few seconds but her eyes tear up and a watery smile stretches across her face. She then looks down at her sleeping son and whispers softly.

"We're finally going to be saved."

Katie's POV:

If I could have one wish it would be silence. I want the voices to stop. They're so loud and I can't get any peace. My forehead has a large gash and it only just stopped bleeding. When I fell unconscious I relished the silence for as long as it lasted. But too soon I was coming to and the voices made themselves known once more. I could only scream in anguish until my voice broke and my throat was raw.

I hadn't seen any things lately like the shadows of Josh and Charlie. Not that I want to see them again. If it was up to me I would never see them. The pain would be too much. I would rather just close my eyes and finally be at peace. Seeing Charlie..hearing those horrible words and seeing the sneer he threw my way it made my stomach sick.

No. He has moved on and...I could only ever want happiness for him even if it isn't with me. The thought made me want to rip my heart out. He found someone else and my kids found a new mother. I'm suddenly overwhelmed with emotions. Tears flow down my cheeks until I'm practically sobbing and my hysterical cries are the only thing you can hear.

I become lost in my memories. Cherished moments with my kids.

Damien. Victor. Dani. Rachel. Mason. Jason. Dakota. Josh.

And their mates who I already see as part of the family.

Sally. Holly and Molly.

I'll never get to see them again. That thought just makes me cry harder. Screams startle me making me jump. Cries of pain and shouts come from outside. Taking deep breaths I try to calm down. The noises continue from outside and then I realise that they are the sounds of wolves fighting and most importantly, they were getting closer.

Panic set in and I didn't know what to do. I certainly couldn't move.

Maybe they'll find you and kill you.

Finally put you out of your misery and do everyone a favour.

A small smile forms on my face at the voice makes a sinister appearance once more. I could finally leave. Be at peace.

I find myself praying for that thought to come true. For someone to come and kill me.

Loud crashes, bangs and thumps sound just outside the door. I stare at it intently.

Wishing. Waiting.

The door suddenly opens and someone stumbles through the door.

'Finally' I sigh inwardly.

It's time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading:-) I watched Harry Potter while writing this:-P
Vote

Comment

Show the love<3

Sinead xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.4K 2.8K 20
Alpha Derek of the Noble pack has been given the alpha position to early. He is an alpha at age 17. All of the older alphas are trying to help, but D...
433K 12.7K 28
(Warning: I wrote this book when I was very young and I don't have the time nor the lack of self worth to go through and edit this all, haha. It's no...
80.8K 1.9K 18
Laura Green is a princess... in her own way. To her people she is known as princess. To outsiders, devil spawn. She is the "princess" of the rogues...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...