Bad Meets Worse

By ephemerable

How not to get hurt in a relationship? How to get the guy crying over you and not the other way around? All g... More

Prologue
2 | sharpies dry too quick
3 | that's like the best part
4 | soccer balls to the butt
5 | you play your game and I'll play mine
6 | "Kitten this is not a way of getting out your sexual frustrations"
7 | what happened to you?
8 | pancakes anyone?
9 | who said cheaters don't win?
10 | if looks could kill..
11 | jealousy is a hot shade on you
12 | is killing cupid a crime?
13 | dangerous territory
14 | love's a joke and PDA makes me nauseous
15 | I want never gets?
16 | sorry to break it to you but you're not my flavor
17 | don't fuck with destiny your ass is mine.
18 | "kitten's got a tattoo?" "5 actually.."
19 | just friends?
20 | someone's manstruating....
21 | "I may be a teenage delinquent but I'm not a horrible human being."
22 | apology not accepted
23 | enjoy the freedom while it lasts
24 | with not your own actions, come consequences
25 | payback's a bitch bitch.
26 | I'm so bored, I'm actually going shopping with Jake from State Farm.
27 | is this my intervention?
28 | 'Dylan O'brien is obviously the hottest'
29 | don't test my video game abilities when I have pizza rolls in me
30 | I'm actually 5 years old
31 | deep conversations > small talk
32 | donuts are a lot healthier than you think.
33 | normal relationships are boring anyways.
34 | who knew you weren't so clueless?
35 | I know what you did last Saturday....
36 | so I lied..
37 | he so loves her
38 | you're the worst hint-taker I've ever met
39 | or you can call me daddy, your choice though..
40 | ...
41 | letters
Epilogue

1 | not my type

16.1K 389 148
By ephemerable

My name is Arin Schnell. I'm your so called, average girl, living in Beverly Hills with my mom, dad, and slightly older brother Joey. We just moved here from LA, but will still be attending the same school as we did before.

You could say I had a lot of friends... More like people who either looked up to me, or pitied me after what happened last year. I lost all of my friends when that happened, or who I thought were my friends at least.. After I changed over the summer, word got around and I've started to get a reputation.

The only person I could always trust has been my best friend Alia Perrin. She's been my best friend for ages now, and some people call us the 20, because someone had the idea that we were both 10's when they rated us, and together we made the 20.

Don't know how they got that idea... I mean Alia was absolutely stunning, and I was just average-looking. But it stuck, and since then, me and Alia have been inseparable.

Then there comes my brother Joey's friends, which I'm constantly forced to hang out with since he brings them over so often.

My brother's sort of Mr. Popular around school, being the soccer team's captain and all, along with football and lacrosse. I don't know how he got so gifted when it came to sports, I'm so incredibly uncoordinated, last week I tripped up the stairs at the mall on the 3rd step.

I play soccer however, because it's always kept me sane in a way. Last summer I had no one to go to that could help me, so I turned to playing soccer, and I'm not gonna lie, my ball and cleats got me through some shitty times.

Joey has circles of friends at his disposal, but his two main friends have always been Luc Petrino and Josh Strello. They're his go to's, and every girl in school fawns over the three of them.

Gag.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love Luc and Josh, they're like my brothers to me beside Joey. That's what makes it unbelievably disgusting when just about every girl that crossed their paths throws themselves at them.

I've never been that kind of girl.. The type to slut around and hook up with any guy who offers. Especially since I've shut everyone out after last summer.

I've learned to keep to myself, and learn the heartbreaker's ways. Well enough to toy with a boy's heart strings with my eyes closed. But I only do that if I'm hit on, and I'm actually interested.

It's really unhealthy.. I know.

But that's not stopping me, because it's better to be the heartbreaker than the heartbroken.

~•~•~•~•~•~

*Arin's POV*
I'm awoken by my phone's alarm clock, telling me to "wake up or you run an extra mile today."

I put that into the label for my alarm as motivation for me to get up, because I am most certainly not a morning person.

I turn my alarm off, and go open my curtains to let some natural light into my room.

Ugh, I hate this house. We just moved in, and I got the room that has the window directly across from our neighbor's. Like whoever designed this house obviously didn't know of the term privacy. This was one of the first few nights staying in the house, and luckily I've already settled in.

Today's the first day of hell, also known as high school. Summer's over, and I've finally realized what I needed to do to get over what happened to me last year; and that is to stay away from boys as much as possible, and if I do get with a boy, I have to cut them off once I'm done to protect myself.

I quickly change into black nike spandex shorts, a neon yellow/green Nike sports bra, and my neon yellow/green Nike free runs. I put my long, blonde hair up into a low ponytail, and head downstairs to go for a run.

I always run every morning, it's a way of keeping myself sane, letting myself face my problems and just think, and not to mention healthy. I could run 8 miles if I wanted to, not getting that winded either.

I opened my front door, and the morning breeze hits my cheeks as I closed the door behind me and started off on my run around the neighborhoods. I didn't exactly know where I was going since I've just moved here, but I was using 'map my run' to help me not get lost and possibly murdered. I ran about 5 miles, when I found myself in a familiar neighborhood, which I found to be my own.

I ran up my impossibly long driveway, and unlocked the front door, starting for the stairs leading up to my room.

I go into my bathroom, taking a quick shower. Once I get out, I dry myself off, and put on my outfit for the day, which is a maroon red long sleeve crop top, and white fabric laced shorts, paired with my all white vans(pic in media slot).

I decided to go casual today, because I didn't want to look like I actually wanted to be there, putting an effort into my appearance and all.

I did light dewy makeup, and let my long, blonde hair fall naturally, curling the ends slightly.

I ran downstairs and saw Joey at the table, eating his breakfast. My parents were never home, as they were working 24/7. No joke. I grabbed an apple, and pulled his arm out of the house.

"C'mon, we're gonna be late Joey!" I yelled, as he gave in and started making an effort to walk faster to the car. I toss him his M6 car keys and we both get into the freshly polished black car.

"I would care, but it's junior year for me, and frankly I don't give a shit anymore," he chuckles and starts the car, driving off. Huh. Funny. I would've thought he would've pulled through at least junior year and given up his hope on senior year.

"We're picking Alia up on the way," I say, as this was nothing new. Alia lived in the same neighborhood as us, so it wasn't too much of a bother to pick her up. Joey nods his head and shortly after, pulls up to Alia's tall, three story beautifully designed brick mansion. I text her that we're here, and she ran outside about a minute later.

"Hey Schnells(sh-nells)," she smiled as she got into the backseat.

"Hey Li," me and Joey say at the same time.

"You guys freak me out whenever you do that.." She shudders.

"We don't plan on it, or we do just to get a kick out of you," I smirked.

"Yeah, whatever," she rolled her ice blue eyes at me. "Did you hear we have a new kid?! I've heard he's really hot," she winked. I shrugged my shoulders in a 'don't really care' type of way, not knowing what to say.

"Yeah, his name's Layton Asher, he's on my football team, turns out he plays basketball and soccer too, he's pretty chill," Joey explains. Of course he would know who he is, he knows who everyone is, and it's a bit creepy if you ask me.

"Are you hearing this right now Arin?! He plays soccer! That's like your sport!" Alia was practically melting in the backseat.

"Don't really care," I muttered.

"Oh, come on A, don't be like this. You can't shut everyone out completely," she said, putting a hand on my shoulder sympathetically. The thing I hated more than being heartbroken, was being pitied. I shook her hand off swiftly, and returned my gaze out of the side window.

"I'm not shutting people out, I just don't care too much for boys at the moment... Or ever," I said the last part under my breath, hoping that the music playing in the car would cover it up.

"Good, makes my job easier," Joey stated.

Alia stayed silent, not knowing what else to say because she knew that this topic was touchy for me.

We soon pulled up to the familiar hell-hole, and piled out of Joey's car.

"See you at lunch," Joey said, running off to his football friends, who were gathered by the fountain in the front of the school.

Me and Alia went in the opposite direction of Joey, walking towards the school. We received a few "hi's," and "how was your summer's," along the way, but didn't stop to have long conversations, giving short answers, and kept walking. As we neared the entrance, there was a group, no a mob of girls surrounding someone. I got a better look at the guy, and he had a tight white tee shirt on, with khaki jeans and white vans(pic in media slot). I've never seen him before, so he must of been the new guy, judging by the crowding girls.

"Ohhhhhhmygawdddd, hottie's checking you out," Alia whisper shouted at me. Huh?

I looked back over to the small crowd, and saw that I'd caught the guy's attention now, and he was smirking, looking me up and down. I rolled my eyes and dragged Alia into the crowded school hallway.

Oh shit. I recognized him after a while in my head, he was my last Friday party's hookup, and by the looks of it he recognized me too.

"What was that?!" She yelled at me.

"What?" I asked confused, looking at her like she was a lunatic, which she sort of was at times.

"THE FUCKING HOTTEST GUY WAS JUST EYEING YOU DOWN AND YOU ROLL YOUR EYES AND WALK AWAY?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ARIN?!" She yells at me, not caring if anyone else heard.

"Not my type I guess," I shrug it off and start walking to my first class.

I lied though, he was really one of the hottest guys I've ever seen. He had dark features, and a mysterious, edgy vibe came from him. And honestly he was one of the best hookups I've had in a while now.

Putting that aside, I knew that I couldn't get near boys again, especially if they were that attractive. It practically spelled out trouble for me, and I wasn't going to fall into that again, I promised myself.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

*Layton's POV*
First day at school, and all of the girls are practically throwing themselves on to me. What's new.

I can't even get past the front doors without being stampeded. I try and sneak away from the crowd, when I notice a stunning girl. She was talking to her also attractive friend, but her friend was nothing compared to her.

She had blonde hair, flowing past her shoulders, piercing blue eyes you could get lost in, and something about her that I just couldn't help but stay away from.

Then I realized that I knew her from somewhere..

Last Friday's party. Shit, I never see my hookups afterwards, they become clingy and want something more afterwards.

Her friend said something, and she looks over at me. I don't bother hiding the fact that I was checking her out, because girls would usually be flattered at that.

Instead she rolls her eyes at me, and walks past the crowd into the school.

Huh. Was not expecting that. Well at least she doesn't want a relationship or anything..

But that wasn't gonna stop me, I was determined to know who she is.

And I'll make her like me.

One way or another.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8M 341K 52
"I hope you realize you made the worst f**king decision of your life." She could feel his cold icy blue eyes piercing through her soul. "I didn't as...
6.2K 219 24
• Friends to enemies to lovers • Dark themes • Situations some readers might find offensive *** Never did I expect to find Trouble in New York (oh...
2.2K 77 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
375 44 32
*new adult romance***explicit scenes and language**I don't care what my cousin says; I am not the queen of impossible relationships. I mean, just bec...